Comcast IPS - I cannot send mail - 0x800CCC0E

Both my email account and my wife email account just stop working.  Call my
provider and the answer I got was we only support smartzone mail.  So I logge
onto Microsoft Discussion Groups and found the following solution.

Try going to the Advanced tab of your accounts settings and change the Port
number in use from 25 to 587.  Also go the Sever tab and make sure the
Authentication option is checked.
--
dlburrell43

And what happened when you made those changes ?

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"dlburrell43" <dlburrell43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Both my email account and my wife email account just stop working.  Call my
> provider and the answer I got was we only support smartzone mail.  So I logge
> onto Microsoft Discussion Groups and found the following solution.
>
> Try going to the Advanced tab of your accounts settings and change the Port
> number in use from 25 to 587.  Also go the Sever tab and make sure the
> Authentication option is checked.
> --
> dlburrell43

0
Peter
6/11/2010 7:47:15 PM
A "canned" reply for Comcast users with specific error messages. They
started blocking port 25 two years ago in certain circumstances.

<canned>

Change the SMTP port to 587 and make sure: My Server Requires
Authentication is checked.

How do I set up/configure Outlook Express, Windows Mail & Windows Live
Mail for Comcast email?
http://www.comcast.com/customers/faq/FaqDetails.ashx?Id=2288
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"dlburrell43" <dlburrell43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Both my email account and my wife email account just stop working.  Call
> my
> provider and the answer I got was we only support smartzone mail.  So I
> logge
> onto Microsoft Discussion Groups and found the following solution.
>
> Try going to the Advanced tab of your accounts settings and change the
> Port
> number in use from 25 to 587.  Also go the Sever tab and make sure the
> Authentication option is checked.
> --
> dlburrell43

1
Bruce

Lost e-mail in outlook express
I imported my e-mail mailboxes into a new pc, and everytime I close the program it deletes all of my mail out of all of my folders? I changed the veiw settings and do not delete. I can't figure out why it keeps deleting them all? Any suggestions? Julie ...

exchange 2003 wont send mail
i have exchge2003 set it up about a week ago. and all was fine. until today when i notice no mail is going out. and can recieve mail from various place ok. but out going mail is just getting lost. The question is where to i look first to trouble shoot this. Now i can send mail enternally with no problem James, What is the problem? You state "and all was fine. until today when i notice no mail is going out." Then you state "Now i can send mail enternally with no problem" And you say you can receive email from outside, so I am confused as to what the problem is. Dan ...

sending under one email adress
Hi a little example. I have 2 users Max and John. Now i want that both send email but in the sender line of the message should appear support@xyz.com. How can I realize that with Exchange 2000? Create your support mailbox and grant them access. Get them to use the From field in Outlook, and choose the support mailbox. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "ltr" <ltr001@gmx.de> wrote in message news:e4rb11XtDHA.640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi > > a little example. I have 2 users Max and John. Now i wan...

//WINBUG: Win32 will send a PSN_WIZBACK even if the button is disa
Does anyone have a workaround for this bug found in PropertySheet Dialog? ...

FYI: Eingebundene Bilder in Outlook-HTML-Mail / embedded graphics in HTML
Hallo, hier mal eine vollst�ndige L�sung zum Versenden einer HTML-Mail mit eingebundenen Bildern aus Outlook 2000. Die L�sungsans�tze sind aus verschiedenen NG's. Es ist kein CDO-Verweis notwendig! VBA-Code in MS-Access 2000 Here a complete solution for sending a HTML mail with embedded graphics via Outlook 2000. The methods of solution are from different NG's. You don't need the CDO reference! VBA-Code with MS-Access 2000 '--- Start of Code --- Public Function sendOLEmbeddedHTMLGraphic(strSendTo As String, _ Optional strSendCC As Va...

Blocked IP's still coming through
I blocked IP's of spammers in ExMgr | ... | Protocols | Default SMTP | Properties | Access | add IP's to be blocked | apply/ok out. Spam is still coming from the blocked IP's. Did I miss a step? What is the Apply Filter check box in the same area ... Protocols | Default SMTP | Properties | General Tab | Advanced | highlight current server | Edit | Apply Filter checkbox ? -- rhh On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 05:45:02 -0800, Robert H <RobertH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I blocked IP's of spammers in ExMgr | ... | Protocols | Default SMTP | >Properties | Access...

Sending and Receiving error upon sending
I get the below error after every send/receive, even though the program works fine. I heard Norton SystemWorks may have something to do with it. Any help? "Task 'Comcast - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: ?????o?'" ...

I Do Not Understand How Mail Progams Work
Hey everyone! I sincerely want to get a better understanding of some aspects of my computer. I can get around on it and do ok but I need to take it up a notch and get more familiar with the technology. I'll list an item or two here and then move forward from there. My computer is an HP Pavillion Slimline, S7700n, with AMD 64 Athlon X2. It came with Vista 32 Home Premium. I find that it works well for everything I use my computer for at this point. Questions: What is the best way to use email? I don't understand the difference between Outlook, Live Mail, Windows Mail etc....

How can i add automatic contacts from sended mails
Lo que necesito es que al recibir o enviar correos las direcciones escritas se GUARDEN AUTOMATICAMENTE en la lista de contactos de outlook. Se que dando click derecho y luego en agregar y escribiendo loa datos e agregan pero automaticamente se puede?? O como hago un respaldo de la lista de correos que aparecen donde,al crear un nuevo correo y escribir la primera inicial del correo aparecen los parecidos? Pregunto esto porque muchos usuarios no guardan sus contactos y solo los toman de esa lista...y al hacer un respaldo ME DICEN no me Respaldaste MIS CONTACTOS.... y pues no se que deci...

import contact list from comcast to outlook
how do you import your contacts from Comcast email to Outlook. Please help Richard A google search using the term "comcast.net export contacts" will provide the answer One of many pages related to the question that will appear in the results: How To Export Your Address Book From Comcast Webmail http://www.watchingthenet.com/export-address-book-contacts-from-comcast-webmail.html As a reference, this may also provide some insight to the question posed How do I import from ??? in Outlook http://www.contactgenie.com/blog/?p=185 Karl -- _________________________...

Default Mail Programme
Hi For some reason, my default mail programme seems to keep reverting back to Internet Explorer. I go into TOOLS - INTERNET OPTIONS - Programmes Tab - and select Microsoft Office Outlook as the email programme to use. However, when I try to synchronise mail with my Palmpad, the mail doesn't synchronise, and when I check the default programmes, it has changed back to Internet Explorer. Is there anyway to stop this keep changing at random - its a nuisance when I try and snch the palmpad ...

Send individual forms
Each form contains details for one person. I would like to email each individual their form (and only their’s) as a snapshot. No updating is necessary; this is just information. The source of the form is a query and the email addresses are available on each form. (Almost all of them). When I select a record/form and try File>Send To, I get a forms for all records. How should I proceed? Thanks in advance, Wal50 You need to setup a report filtered on the current record. Then you can use the docmd.sendobject to email the report to the recipient. An alternative would be to a...

MSword File->Sendto mail recipient not working for Thunderbird in
I have installed Mozilla thunderbird as my default email client by setting in Control panel->Internet options. Now whenever i goto Msword File->sendto Mail recepients i get Thunderbird as the mail client. However in the presence of a third party com addin to office 2003(which is a menu to office) installed. Whenever I do MSword File ->Sendto Mail recepient i get Outlook started instead of Thunderbird, though in the internet options thunderbird is selected as the default still. We need to get Thunderbird as the default email client when File ->sendto is done even in th...

can't send e-mails!
error message The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Emailing: purchases', Account: 'pop3.mail.wideopenwest.com', Server: 'smtp.mail.wowway.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E What gives? Have you ever been able to send using those settings? MrAlbert wrote: > error message > > The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Emailing: purchases', > Account: 'pop3.mail.wideopenwest.com', Server: 'smtp.mail.wowway.com', > Protocol: SMTP, Por...

'send as' behavior
My environment is Exchange 2003 SP1, Windows 2003 AD. I have a user with 2 AD accounts (main and secondary) for the purpose of having separate Exchange mailboxes. I have given his main account full rights, including 'Send As', to his secondary account. When this user is logged on using his main account, he is able to 'Send As' his secondary account when he chooses the secondary account from the GAL. However, if he manually types in the secondary SMTP address in the 'From' field he gets the following error: "You do not have the permission to send the message...

HQ
If the HQ Server has a static non-routable IP addresses, either 10.x.x.x or 192.x.x.x, how can the client connect to that server to exchange worksheets? Pat Your remote clients will need some sort of access to the HQ LAN. There are lots of ways... The cheapest (and slowest) would be a direct dial-in connection. VPN over DSL/Cable is probably most common and most cost-effective. A dedicated WAN would be ideal but is likely cost prohibitive. For VPN access, you will need to get a static IP from your HQ ISP. The static IP will be assigned to the router. You will be able to keep...

add public folders to mail favorites folder
Hello, In outlook 2003 you have a favorites folder in the Mail view and the Public folder view. Is it possible to add public folders to the mail favorites folder ? Thank you, Add the folder to Public Folders/Favorites and it should be available to = Mail Favorites.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "ponch" <wavdp@belgacom...

Junk Mail Filter Update
I just installed the latest Update for Outlook 2003 Junk-Email Filter (KB956077) thought Windows Update (Vista Home Premium) and now my Junk mail filter isn't working at all. What do I need to do to get it back working? Thanks I also had a problem after installing this - plus a few other updates from Windows. My problem was different - none of my Office 2003 applications would start up! To recover I used the System Restore utility ( Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | System Restore ) and restored my system to the point just before the updates were applied. Try it ...

Forms / Templates
Here is what i want to do: I want to set up a template/form in Excel that i can send a group of sales reps. They will then save this template on their desktop. They will be using it regularly. I then want to have a link or something attached in the file so that they can click it and it will automatically generate a mail for them with the file already attached. Alternatively, click the link and it sends the file for them. It would be sent to the one person all the time so that should make it a little easier. Any help is much appreciated. Tony Anybody got any suggesti...

Help Exch 5.5 No Mail
Hi, I need help! I can't see any email going in and out. Also, even mailbox to mailbox, no email is received. Thanks TagaR TagaR wrote: > Hi, > > I need help! > > I can't see any email going in and out. Also, even mailbox to > mailbox, no email is received. > > Thanks > TagaR More info needed. Event log errors? Is this something new, or has it never worked? What changed, if it used to work? Hi Lawrence, I think the email flow is under control now when I was resolving on another problem of getting a lot of files on the imcdata\out folder and also a ...

receiving mail from comcast
I recently set up Win Live Mail, after buildiing a new computer with Win 7 on it. I use Comcast as my mail client and with xp never had any issues. I set up Live w/ Comcast and all SEEMED well. Today I am away so I used my laptop to log into comcast.net and have 144 new messages, some dating back to two weeks ago. Some of these messages I have received in Live, read and deleted but most haven't made it to Live. Any ideas? Thanks Ed On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 03:05:01 -0800, hog1340 wrote: > I recently set up Win Live Mail, after buildiing a new computer with Win 7 on > i...

Sent Mails not synchronising with Exchange Mail Server
Recently I've noticed that the mails that I sent doesn't get updated on the Exchange Server's Sent Folder. I'm using RPC over HTTP from two machines viz one in office & other at home. The mails that I sent from home at times doesn't get sync to Mail server resulting in not showing the same at the office machine. Hope someone can help me as I think there is something minor settings that need to be done. Regards Harish In news:1147949470.730094.191450@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, Harish <HeyHarish@gmail.com> typed: > Recently I've noticed that the mai...

sending email newsletters
I am trying to send an email newsletter without being an attachment. However, when i go to send email the only option i have is send email as attachment. Any ideas? kreall wrote: > I am trying to send an email newsletter without being an attachment. > However, when i go to send email the only option i have is send email > as attachment. Any ideas? What version of Publisher are you using? What version of Outlook or Outlook Express are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com Windows Marketplace Moderator This posting is provided "AS ...

i want to send a picture to hotmail.com
i have perfected a photo in microsoft and want to send it to my email...hotmail? also would like to send it to my facebook page You've posted in a newsgroup dedicated to the product Microsoft Project. Project cannot send photos via email nor does it interact with Facebook. That being said, to learn how to use Hotmail, read Hotmail's Help files. It will explain how to upload the photo. Likewise, read how to use Facebook by reading their Help files. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 23/04/10 03:30, molars wrote: > i have perfected a photo in microsoft ...

Recipients not receiving mail, not in postmaster account either
I have several recipients that are not receiving mail from "good" senders, and the mail is not dropping into the Postmaster mailbox (which is set as an SMTP alias on the Administrator account). Where can I find these incoming emails? The senders are not receiving any error replies. It is as though the emails are just disappearing without ever being seen by anyone. When I check my Administrator/Postmaster account via Outlook, I am not seeing "kicked out" messages. There are quite a few non-deliverables (such as messages sent to non-existent users in the directory) and s...