cannot send in windows mail, but i can receieve it

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'stuff!', Account:
'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

When you got that error was your Internet connection being obtained
from Optonline, or were you using a laptop away from home?

If sending from home, Which antivirus are you running? Some of them
cause problems with Windows Mail over time.
=20
--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"lizzie" <lizzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'stuff!', Account:=20
> 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: SMTP, =
Port: 25,=20
> Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
0
Gary

Resolution to printing mail merge 4 up
Here is what I had to do in order to print postcards 4 up mail merged properly so that each name is on their own card. I am using Publisher 2003 so I don't know if this will work in other versions. Using the Tools>Mail Merge Wizard, Set up the mail merge the way you want it to appear (steps 1 thru 4). Only stop at step 4 DO NOT continue to step 5. Go to File>Print Merge At this point you can select the printer, properties etc as well as change copies per sheet and print range or all. This seems to work and will place a different name/address on each card on that page. I ...

Can I get a picture to flow with the text?
I want a picture box to flow with my text instead of the text flowing around my picture. Please help! Position the image in the text box, right-click the image, click format picture, layout tab, select inline on the drop down. The image has to be fully or partially in the text box for the inline to be active. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "lnewhall" <lnewhall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9389F6E0-BB5D-4ADA-8334-39B108192240@microsoft.com... >I want a picture box to flow with my text instead of the text flowing around > my picture. Ple...

No message in outbox

can't upload to images gallery
I can't upload from my hard drive to the image gallery, nothing happens. ...

introducion to windows
it baisicly stinks you have to right click left click use funny spinny thing along eith that it is compuletly out wiereding it is bug prone and not very plessent to it is horibly expensive i wich i was curently sitting un a mac the folder structure makes no sense un a windows computer you can find all the files but it just dossent make sense all in all windows stinks oh and ps msn messanger isent all that great iether its no better if not wourse than yohoo messanger and from what i have seen from yahoo there better than microsoft in everything they do yet stink in everything they do and pc lap...

Word as Outlook e-mail editor
I'm using Windows XP and Microsoft Office XP standard, 2002 version. Word has always been my e-mail editor, but today when I tried to respond to an e-mail I got the following message: "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." After a delay, the form opens, but when I click "Send," Outlook crashes. Any suggestions? ...

Sending mail from remote location

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

can't download pop3 email
This is my error message Task Receiving reported error 0x800CCC0F The connection to the server was interrupted If this problem continues contact your server administrator or your ISP The server responded +OK How do I fix this? What did your ISP say? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After scratching one's head, M Pond <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked this group: | This is my error mes...

Send and Recieve Fix

How detemine how many toolbars can be fit on a Frame row?
Hello, I have several toolbars that I'd like to display on as few "frame rows" as possible. Since the User may change display resolution I can't hardcode which toolbars should be displayed on a row and I therefore need to calculate how many will fit at runtime. To do this I get the size in screen units of the Frame that holds the toobars and then, for each toolbar, I get the size (again in screen units) of the toolbar and use that to calculate how much "space is remaining" on the row. If there's enough room left I add the toolbar to the row and if not I star...

windows xp logon with personal application
hey cn ne 1 help me to start my application before login in windows xp ,and want my application to logon to user account i want to use. ...

Unable to send?

mail size restriction
how to restrict the maximum size of message is 2MB for all user to send through my exchange server 5.5 both local and ims You can set restrictions on the IMS,. Local user restrictions in 5.5 are a bit more tricky. However, by forcing messages through the MTA and applying the limits on the MTA, you can accomplish that as well. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem Value : No Local Delivery Type: DWORD Value: 0x1 Test of course! On Sat, 1 May 2004 22:37:43 -0700, "jameel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

Can the "calander", and "calander in mailbox" be sync'd to have the same info in it?
Hello All Can the "calander", and "calander in mailbox" be sync'd to have the same info in it? My problem is that when I recieve an appt. in the "calendar in mailbox", my handheld, sync's the info from the "caledar" instead of the "calander in mailbox". Any help is greatly appreciated! MMJII Any particular reason you're not using your mailbox as your default delivery location? "MMJII" <MMJII@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eW1wQPHjFHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello All > Can the "calander...

Sending messages in Outlook

Good practise
THanks for your reply. Wil this be fine even if my users have mailboxes round about 1GB. My GM's mailbox is 4GB. Can i start moving the mails back to the exchange DB and how will it affect the performance of my exchange box.Thank you craig >I suggest applying Exchange SP2, editing registry to allow DB size to >accommodate your storage needs and increasing storage limits. >After all, .psts are kept on the server too, taking space. Message in >.pst needs the same or more disk space than in Exchange DB. Also the >same message sent to many recipients stored in Exchange DB...

Can I print 2 A5 side by side on A4 landscape
Using Publisher , how can i produce two identical A5 text layouts , side-by-side on a sheet of A4 landscape paper Setup your printer first, select A4. In page setup select custom, landscape, input 14.8cm width and 20.997cm height. The dialogue on the page setup will say "Prints 2 copies per sheet, 2 columns of 1." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Molly" <Molly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12E49428-863F-4657-92FE-0263BBA164C2@microsoft.com... > Using Publisher , how c...

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Clicking on new mail notification does not open email
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CACB73.FC871830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I finally upgraded from WLM 2 to 3 (14.0.8089.0726) this afternoon (Win = XP SP2). When I get a new mail notification via Messenger and click on = it the email does not open. I have to go to the inbox to open it. Any = ideas? Kevin ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CACB73.FC871830 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTY...

Can't find my pab file in outlook 2002
I can't find my pab file so I can copy my contacts to another computer. I don't know that Outlook uses a PAB file unless you specified it when you set that version of Outlook up. If you did, do a file search for *.pab. If not, then it should be located in a .pst. Are you using Outlook via POP3 for mail, IMAP, Exchange (usually a business environment? -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny "Kathy" wrote: > I can't find my pab file so I can copy my cont...

Send Do Not Send

Forwarding Mail to an external Address
I receive email as I am a member of a distribution group. I want to set a rule up in Outlook to automatically forward items addressed to that distribution group, to an external email address. Is this possible? I tried to set up the rule, but could not get it to work. Thanks On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:17:01 -0700, RayRedSoxFan <RayRedSoxFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I receive email as I am a member of a distribution group. I want to set a >rule up in Outlook to automatically forward items addressed to that >distribution group, to an external email address. Is this p...