Can't send e-mail or access to my Inbox e-mails.

This is the error message that I get when I tried to send an e-mail:

inactivity. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.gcgroup.co.uk', Server:
'send.one.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number:
0x800CCC0F

Please let me know what do I have to do.

Thanks!

Regards,

Jannie

Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant
layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving,
and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting
changes and has even been responsible for loss of messages. Your
up-to-date A/V program will continue to protect you sufficiently. For
more, see:
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

Note that for some AV programs, it may be necessary to uninstall the
program and reinstall in Custom Mode and uncheck e-mail scanning when the
option arises.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"Jannie" <Jannie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is the error message that I get when I tried to send an e-mail:
>
> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
> for
> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
> inactivity. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.gcgroup.co.uk', Server:
> 'send.one.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number:
> 0x800CCC0F
>
> Please let me know what do I have to do.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
>
> Jannie

0
Bruce
2/10/2010 7:04:58 PM
Try port 2525 instead of port 25; see:
http://www.one.com/en/support/faq/my-provider-has-closed-smtp-port-25-can=
-i-still-send-via-you

Which antivirus program are you running? Make sure it is not configured
to scan emails. Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for=20
reasons explained here:

As a possible temporary fix, delete that corrupted mail account,
restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"Jannie" <Jannie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> This is the error message that I get when I tried to send an e-mail:
>=20
> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible =
causes for=20
> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of=20
> inactivity. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.gcgroup.co.uk', Server:=20
> 'send.one.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error =
Number:=20
> 0x800CCC0F
>=20
> Please let me know what do I have to do.
>=20
> Thanks!
>=20
> Regards,
>=20
> Jannie
0
Gary

Resolution to printing mail merge 4 up
Here is what I had to do in order to print postcards 4 up mail merged properly so that each name is on their own card. I am using Publisher 2003 so I don't know if this will work in other versions. Using the Tools>Mail Merge Wizard, Set up the mail merge the way you want it to appear (steps 1 thru 4). Only stop at step 4 DO NOT continue to step 5. Go to File>Print Merge At this point you can select the printer, properties etc as well as change copies per sheet and print range or all. This seems to work and will place a different name/address on each card on that page. I ...

Errors accessing shared speadsheet.
I have a group of users who access a shared Excel spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is on a Novell server. Starting out they all could access the spreadsheet fine. Starting recently people have begun to receive memory errors when accessing or saving the spreadsheets. If you log into windows as a different user but still use the same ID in Novell it works fine for a period of time then recieves the same error. This seems to be a microsoft issue as after you recieve the error you can copy the file local and it still errors. logon as a different user in windows and it works fine. any help wou...

No message in outbox

Sending mail from remote location

Word as Outlook e-mail editor
I'm using Windows XP and Microsoft Office XP standard, 2002 version. Word has always been my e-mail editor, but today when I tried to respond to an e-mail I got the following message: "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." After a delay, the form opens, but when I click "Send," Outlook crashes. Any suggestions? ...

PowerPoint 2003 to accessible Word 2003 via VBA?
I'd like to extract all content from a Windows PowerPoint 2003 document and place it in a Word 2003 document, as Word to PDF conversion seems to provide better-quality tagging than a PowerPoint to PDF conversion. I know I can save the outline as RTF and open that in Word, but the outline does not include any of the following: - text added on a blank slide layout - text in a text box - tables. - images. Is there any way to copy all content from a PowerPoint presentation to a Word document, such that all text remains text and all tables remain as tables? Charles Belo...

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

e-mail attached files: asks for administrator approval? my lapto
In using e-mail with attachments: clicking on the attachment, asks for administrator approval????? my single laptop at home, no connection with anyone else???? -- retired jwb "jwb" <jwb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:843441C1-CC67-4F0C-90D3-6D8D1BA20347@microsoft.com... > In using e-mail with attachments: clicking on the attachment, asks for > administrator approval????? my single laptop at home, no connection with > anyone else???? Since you don't state the exact error message. I can only guess, but I guess this: http://www...

Cannot access mailboxes
All of the sudden following a reboot of our domain controller and the front end server (exch 2003 sp2 on win2k3), we cannot access any mailboxes via RPC over HTTPS or OWA. These are our primary means of accessing mailboxes as we get ready to deploy. This has been running fine up until now. All services in exchange on Front and Back end are running. If i try to login via OWA from the front end server using the local ip address i get prompted for the login and can login but I only see the folder tree on the left, it just says loading on the right. If I try to login via OWA from the in...

Send and Recieve Fix

Unable to send?

mail size restriction
how to restrict the maximum size of message is 2MB for all user to send through my exchange server 5.5 both local and ims You can set restrictions on the IMS,. Local user restrictions in 5.5 are a bit more tricky. However, by forcing messages through the MTA and applying the limits on the MTA, you can accomplish that as well. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem Value : No Local Delivery Type: DWORD Value: 0x1 Test of course! On Sat, 1 May 2004 22:37:43 -0700, "jameel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

Sending messages in Outlook

Good practise
THanks for your reply. Wil this be fine even if my users have mailboxes round about 1GB. My GM's mailbox is 4GB. Can i start moving the mails back to the exchange DB and how will it affect the performance of my exchange box.Thank you craig >I suggest applying Exchange SP2, editing registry to allow DB size to >accommodate your storage needs and increasing storage limits. >After all, .psts are kept on the server too, taking space. Message in >.pst needs the same or more disk space than in Exchange DB. Also the >same message sent to many recipients stored in Exchange DB...

MS Access Filter question
I have a column that gives me the results; /dir/dir/customer name I want to filter out the /dir/dir/ so the column results just show the customer name, I think a substr() might work but I am not sure how the syntax would look. Any suggestions? -- Neall Use InstrRev() to find the last / in the string. Then use Mid() to get the remainder from there. (You can also use Dir() around the file name to lose the path.) -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. &q...

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Web Access #2
Hey guys, I cannot user Outlook Web Access anymore, where can I troubleshoot this? You haven't said what version, and given very little information to go on, so this reply may be way off. You could start with the OWA troubleshooting guide: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/support/troubowa.mspx -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Melvin" <mrodriguez@nyas.org> wrote in message news:eh61ZzrWEHA.808@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hey guys, I cannot user Outlook Web Access anymore,...

Clicking on new mail notification does not open email
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CACB73.FC871830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I finally upgraded from WLM 2 to 3 (14.0.8089.0726) this afternoon (Win = XP SP2). When I get a new mail notification via Messenger and click on = it the email does not open. I have to go to the inbox to open it. Any = ideas? Kevin ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CACB73.FC871830 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTY...

Send Do Not Send

Forwarding Mail to an external Address
I receive email as I am a member of a distribution group. I want to set a rule up in Outlook to automatically forward items addressed to that distribution group, to an external email address. Is this possible? I tried to set up the rule, but could not get it to work. Thanks On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:17:01 -0700, RayRedSoxFan <RayRedSoxFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I receive email as I am a member of a distribution group. I want to set a >rule up in Outlook to automatically forward items addressed to that >distribution group, to an external email address. Is this p...

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003

What was Outlook sending?

'SEND' just sends it to the OUTBOX