can receive e-mail, can't send e-mail

Upon switching e-mail providers from Verizon to Frontier, I am able to
receive e-mails, but sent e-mails go to outbox of Windows Mail with error
message. I have tried enabling and disabling the authentication feature in
account set-up.

                               Theconnection to the server has failed.
Subject 'email test', Account: 'pop3.frontier.com', Server:
'smtp.frontier.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

"bighit1" <bighit1@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> Upon switching e-mail providers from Verizon to Frontier, I am able to
> receive e-mails, but sent e-mails go to outbox of Windows Mail with error
> message. I have tried enabling and disabling the authentication feature in
> account set-up.
>

>                               Theconnection to the server has failed.
> Subject 'email test', Account: 'pop3.frontier.com', Server:
> 'smtp.frontier.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
> Error:
> 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

0
karug
8/8/2010 7:30:36 AM
Are you connected to Frontier when you can't send?
If you have a laptop, and are away from home, or connected to another
network, that network may be blocking port 25.

Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
http://download.live.com/wlmail
"bighit1"  wrote in message

Upon switching e-mail providers from Verizon to Frontier, I am able to
receive e-mails, but sent e-mails go to outbox of Windows Mail with error
message. I have tried enabling and disabling the authentication feature in
account set-up.

                               Theconnection to the server has failed.
Subject 'email test', Account: 'pop3.frontier.com', Server:
'smtp.frontier.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
Error:
10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

0
Dave
8/8/2010 2:43:06 PM
You need to tell us who your connectivity provider is. If that is other than
Frontier, you are experiencing a port 25 block. As a general rule, the owner of
the port 25 SMTP server you are using must be the same as the entity providing
your Internet connection at that moment. For more on this anti-spamming issue see
http://www.postcastserver.com/help/Port_25_Blocking.aspx

Let us know your circumstances (sending from home or away from home),
and we can provide some workarounds.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"bighit1"  wrote in message news:C9287658-EBA6-46B2-A969-673C260A2521@microsoft.com...

Upon switching e-mail providers from Verizon to Frontier, I am able to
receive e-mails, but sent e-mails go to outbox of Windows Mail with error
message. I have tried enabling and disabling the authentication feature in
account set-up.

                               Theconnection to the server has failed.
Subject 'email test', Account: 'pop3.frontier.com', Server:
'smtp.frontier.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

0
Gary

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Lost Windows Live Mail Contacts
My Windows Live Mail contacts have been replaced by the few contacts in Windows Messenger, both in launching a new email - and also clicking on the contacts icon. I have tried all sorts of actions, including reboot, but the problem remains. WLM reflects 2 different sets of contacts depending upon whether you have "signed in" with your live ID... Depending on upon where you main contact list is stored.... you'll either want to sign-in or sign out... Login to the Live website and check your contact list. If everything is there, you'll need to be signed-in w...

Sending/exporting Outlook Contacts for use in another computer
I want to send the Outlook Contacts address book from my desktop to use in my laptop. Can it be as simple as copying the whole address book file and replacing the laptop Contacts address book with the new one? Thanks. Bob There is no separate "address book" file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com...

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

stuck in "Preparing to Send/Receive"
Reply Alls were working perfectly yesterday and I can send emails without trouble. But a Reply All today is permanently stuck in "Preparing to Send/Receive". How do I fix this? Remove the message from your Outbox and try again. See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm Without knowing any details, it is hard to say what might have caused this and how to prevent it from happening in the future. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and...

Forward outgoing mail to email address
I have a emailbox "myinternalmail@domain.com", any time a person sends mail through this mail box, I need it forward to "myexternalmail@externaldomain.com" How can I do this? thanks All explained here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "stoppal" <stoppal@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1134773472.049384.265090@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have a emailbox "myinternalmail@domain.com", any time a person sends > mai...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Mail received by wrong recipient
Microsoft Exchange Server Version 5.5 SP4 Microsoft Back Office Small Business Server Microsoft Outlook 2000 SP3 I know there are a lot of topics similar to this already but I cannot find anything in them that helps me solve my problem. Ever since I started working at this company over a year ago I have had the same problem every single time without exception. I give my email address to an external company e.g. when I purchase software over the web or request information via the web by filling my details in on a form. They send an email to the address I gave them (the only address I gave the...

Unable to send e-mails #2
As soon as I hit "send & receive", I get a message from the System Administrator saying my e-mail is "undileverable" with the following text: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Mid-Atlantic Weekly Report 10/8 Sent: 10/10/2004 7:26 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Scott Frigaard' on 10/10/2004 7:26 AM 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) 'Andy Aweida' on 10/10/2004 7:26 AM 553 sorry, that domain isn...

Can (or how can) I do this

Can not archive

Error in Send/Recieve (Outlook 2003)
Hi Users are getting an error when pressing the send/recieve button in outlook: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reporte4d error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' This error is because of an offline addressbook. But not all users are getting this. The setup is Exchange 2003 Hosting environment, exchange forest, users from one domain are working ok but users from other domain gets this error. Is it possible that this has something to do with firewall? any other ideas? GauiC I had the same problem, then read: http://support.microso...