can receive e-mail, can't send e-mail

Upon switching e-mail providers from Verizon to Frontier, I am able to
receive e-mails, but sent e-mails go to outbox of Windows Mail with error
message. I have tried enabling and disabling the authentication feature in
account set-up.

                               Theconnection to the server has failed.
Subject 'email test', Account: 'pop3.frontier.com', Server:
'smtp.frontier.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

"bighit1" <bighit1@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> Upon switching e-mail providers from Verizon to Frontier, I am able to
> receive e-mails, but sent e-mails go to outbox of Windows Mail with error
> message. I have tried enabling and disabling the authentication feature in
> account set-up.
>

>                               Theconnection to the server has failed.
> Subject 'email test', Account: 'pop3.frontier.com', Server:
> 'smtp.frontier.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
> Error:
> 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

0
karug
8/8/2010 7:30:36 AM
Are you connected to Frontier when you can't send?
If you have a laptop, and are away from home, or connected to another
network, that network may be blocking port 25.

Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
http://download.live.com/wlmail
"bighit1"  wrote in message

Upon switching e-mail providers from Verizon to Frontier, I am able to
receive e-mails, but sent e-mails go to outbox of Windows Mail with error
message. I have tried enabling and disabling the authentication feature in
account set-up.

                               Theconnection to the server has failed.
Subject 'email test', Account: 'pop3.frontier.com', Server:
'smtp.frontier.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
Error:
10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

0
Dave
8/8/2010 2:43:06 PM
You need to tell us who your connectivity provider is. If that is other than
Frontier, you are experiencing a port 25 block. As a general rule, the owner of
the port 25 SMTP server you are using must be the same as the entity providing
your Internet connection at that moment. For more on this anti-spamming issue see
http://www.postcastserver.com/help/Port_25_Blocking.aspx

Let us know your circumstances (sending from home or away from home),
and we can provide some workarounds.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"bighit1"  wrote in message news:C9287658-EBA6-46B2-A969-673C260A2521@microsoft.com...

Upon switching e-mail providers from Verizon to Frontier, I am able to
receive e-mails, but sent e-mails go to outbox of Windows Mail with error
message. I have tried enabling and disabling the authentication feature in
account set-up.

                               Theconnection to the server has failed.
Subject 'email test', Account: 'pop3.frontier.com', Server:
'smtp.frontier.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

0
Gary

Maximun no of time we can break item permission on a site or list
Hi, We are planning to design a single share point site with around 250 document libraries. Inside each of these document libraries for each document we may need to break the permission of parent document library and assign unique permission to them. However we have a concern on maximum no of items either on a list or site for which we can break the parent permission like this and assign unique permission. Please provide inputs and suggestions on this. Thanks, Krishna I responded to this in another thread. Please do not cross post in these groups. -- Daniel...

Workflow e-mail notification when task is completed
Users in our company create tasks in CRM and assign them to other users. When the user (i.e. new owner) completes the task, we would like an email notification that this took place. How can we establish the workflow so that the user who created the task receives the email notification when the task has been completed. Users are aware that they can review the completed tasks in History as well as reviewing open tasks in Activities, however there is a desire to have automated email notifications. Simple scenario Service case created and owned by Technician A Technician A creates a task for t...

Can not publish customatization
I had a field on the new acount form, and then all the sudden it was gone. When I go into the customizations the field is there in all the preview modes, but when I try to publish the change through the DM, I dot an empty Publish Objects window. Could be that I'm very new to this and I am missing a step: 1. change the form through CRM, save and close. 2. go to the deployment manager on the CRM server, right click, publish customization. 3. See empty Publish Objects Windows. Any ideas or hints would be greatly appreciated. -- Voiko @ Digital Seattle 1. change crm from -> save &...

Can I create a Survey on MS CRM?
I am on the process of evaluating MS CRM. So far I have been happy with what I have seen but I wonder if there is any way to create surveys on it. Sometimes the sales department calls customers in order to fill, for example, a satisfaction survey. I don=92t expect the customers been able to fill the survey because that will require additional CRM licenses but I do expect sales department been able to call the customer and fill the survey with the information that was gather. Of course I also expect to be able to generate a report with the survey summary. you can do by using Marketing list an...

Digital ID keeps prompting to access Protected Storage when sending message
I'm testing a Verisign Digital ID to "sign" my email. I must have chosen an option when installing the Private Key (or something) to put it in Protected Storage. Now whenever I attempt to send an email I get a notice (popup) saying "Application is attempting to access item from Protected Storage" (or similar text). Is there a way to tell Windows (2k or XP) that Outlook 2002 is "trusted" to use this key when sending email? Otherwise, is there a way to change how my Private Key is stored so that it (hopefully) still secure, but Outlook doesn't continue t...

How to hide the status bar in Office 2007? Slow message sending.
Hello! How to hide the status bar in Excel 2007 and in Office 2007? Why does Outlook 2007 send message window appear in 30 seconds after sending a small file from an Office program or choosing the send command from the file context menu? Sincerely, Dima Hi Dima, The control to turn off the status bar through the user interface in the ribboned Office apps has basically been turned off. If you right click on the status bar you may note that there are quite a few choices of items you can have displayed there. For the send message window there may be a delay depending on how your antivirus...

Schedule a cmdlet / mail-disable a public folder
I have Exchange 2007 SP2 running on Windows 2008. I need to mail-disable a public folder at a certain date and time. Is there any way to schedule this operation? I have seen the cmdlet Disable-MailPublicFolder, but I haven't seen anything about scheduling a cmdlet unless it is already an option of a specific cmdlet. Can this cmdlet be scheduled? Is there a way to use Scheduled Tasks (Accessories | System Tools) in Windows with a cmdlet? If so, how would you invoke a cmdlet from what is essentially a command prompt? Thank you for your help with this. Hello Loga...

sending emails
everytime I try to use windows mail it always come up windows cannot find the server or there was an error what am I doing or not doing as the case may be help please On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 21:21:45 -0000, marieannes wrote: > everytime I try to use windows mail it always come up windows cannot find > the server or there was an error what am I doing or not doing as the case > may be help please You have posted this question to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups title refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgro...

Problems with mail enabled security groups
Exchange 2003 EE SP1 Windows 2003 SP1 Hi at All, we have the following problems sending emails to mail enabled security groups. For example we have one security group like v_abt_de_g_w wich is mail enabled. The member of this group is an other security group with some user accounts. After sending an email to this mail enabled group the email dosn't reach its target. On Exchange Message Tracking Center you can see the following Entries : SMTP : Message submitteed to advanced queing SMTP: Starting message submission to advanced queue SMTP: Message submitted to categorizer But when ...

Can't create new Recipient Update Service in Exchange 2000
Running Exchange 2000 sp3 on Windows 2000 server sp4 I'm trying to create a new Recipient Update Service (for my child domain). I can right click on the Recipient Update Services folder, select new and follow the process through to the end, but when I click finish it pops the error: Access is denied Facility: Win3 ID no: c007000 Exchange System Manage Now all of the research I've done about this problem says to make sure the user acount trying to make the change is allowed Exchange Full Administrator rights and is a member of the local administrator group on the Exchange server. I h...

Can't send email from CRM after installing WSS on Exchange server
Hi, I have major problem after installing Windows SharePoint Services on Exchange server (Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server). Now I can't send emails from CRM any more......error from the log is at the botom.... I have already tried this: 1. I have already corrected mailserverurl in the registry of crm server 2. I have checked permissions in MSCRMConnector folder in IIS of the Exchange Server and its Enabled anonymous access 3. I have configured WSS virtual server to use Kerberos authentiocation (because it was switched off during install, and for that reason my OWA didn't work) ...

Unable to open your default e-mail folders...
While attempting to move the .pst file to another computer, I missed the step advising to make a copy of this file to work with. When I cleared the file's Read-Only attribute the machine freaked and re-booted. When I tried to go back into Outlook I got the error box that said... "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the C:\Documents and Settings\ {name}\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\ Outlook\Outlook.pst" Is the .pst file retrievable? Can I do some...

Sorting titles for a mail out
Hello I haven't used excel for over ten years and have been asked to amend database of names and addresses for somebody and then sort them so h can do mail outs. Sometimes eg column a) will be Mr Smith, so letter will say Dear M Smith. Pips. But sometimes column a) will be The Marketing Manager. This is grea for the address label, but I want to say Dear Future Exhibitor in th letter. Do you know how I do this please? thanks, Paul -- Lance ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LanceB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

Exchange 2007 Mail Quotas
Hello, My compnay will be moving from SendMail to Exchange 2007 in the near future. I have no experience with Exchange, and I have some questions on mail quotas. We currently do not use quotas for users mail boxes on the Sendmail server, and my guess is the boss will have me keep it that way when we go to exchange. I figured I should be prepared just in case so I wanted to know the following: At what level are the mail quotas applied? for instance, does everyone in a particular Storage Group or Mail Database have to share the same mail quotas? Or can you give particular people in...

Blank e-mail problem
Using OL 2003 w/ Winxp. Recently, a few of my associates have told me that they have received my e-mails when I reply back to them, but then they open them up, and there is nothing in the body? What settings did I change, or did I pickup a virus? Thanks, RED anglirich <anglirich@lexcominc.net> wrote: > Using OL 2003 w/ Winxp. > > Recently, a few of my associates have told me that they have received > my e-mails when I reply back to them, but then they open them up, and > there is nothing in the body? > > What settings did I change, or did I pickup a viru...

Can you create and send e-newsletters longer than one page?
While Publisher lets me create an e-newsletter longer than one page, it won't let me e-mail it in the body of the e-mail. I'm not looking to write a book, but three stories is a bit too limiting. Any ways to trick the technology into letting me have my way with it? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/multipageemail -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "kRo" <kRo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8596441-7317-4CEF-B972-F689BEF16399@microsoft.com... > While Publisher lets me create an e-newsletter longer than one page, it > w...

Cannot Receive Mail
Opened a Windows Live Mail account. Can send messages, cannot receive messages. Nothing shows in in box or unread mail. Is this a POP3, IMAP, or HTTP account? Who is the provider? Any error message when you try to receive? Does the status bar always say "No new messages"?=20 What happens when you send an email message to yourself? When you check via webmail, are there messages waiting to be downloaded? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "JIm" <JIm @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Sending kbd & mouse input to another computer
Hello, I am trying to send keyboard and mouse input to another computer in order to be able to control that computer remotely. Sort of like a Virtual Desktop or VNC but I'm not concerned with the graphics part. I put together little client and server apps. The server app sits on the remote computer. At the local computer, the client app sits and listens for Keyboard and mouse messages (WM_KEYDOWN/WM_KEYUP, WM_MOUSEMOVE, etc..). It then transmits those messages to the server (remote computer) via TCP. The remote server then translates those messages into SendInput calls. It...

How can you identify folders, using folder numbers?
Hi everybody, I've searched and searched and asked in the quasi-defunct yahoo exchange newsgroup, but I've never found an answer as to how I can actually utilize the folder identification information contained in Exchange error log events. An example is as such: Event: 1173 Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Description: Error 0x6bb deleting unused restricted view from folder 1-1A42FF on database "First Storage Group\SG1 Mailbox1". It would be insanely useful if I could tell which folder 1-1A42FF is, so I can narrow down where the problem is occurring, you know?? Anyone...

Why can't I suddenly not see embedded or linked pics in Publisher
NONE of my publisher files are displaying the pics in them. Even if I open a new file and add a pic, it doesn't show up. It PRINTS out, but I can't see it on the screen. I've embedded it, linked it, gone to VIEW and tried everything. What is my next option? qwerty <qwerty@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > NONE of my publisher files are displaying the pics in them. Even if > I open a new file and add a pic, it doesn't show up. It PRINTS out, > but I can't see it on the screen. I've embedded it, linked it, gone >...

Multiple Taxes (i.e. 2 Diff States)
RMS V1.3flat I am trying to establish two different Item tax structures for two different tax authorities, let's say one for MN and one for ND state. Preface: I am giving this as a real HL example. Assigning taxes on a per customer basis will not work as a solution to this issue. Please do not take it literally that I need to assign per customer based on Billing or Shipping State. Example: MN Tax has: MN State, MN City and MN County ND Tax has: ND State and ND County I have created all tax authorities in Sales Tax, and then bundled appropriately in Item Tax (one item tax = MN St...

receiving mdb files
I have Outlook 2000. I also have someone that needs to regularly send me Access mdb files, but Outlook 2000 is blocking them; how do I get Outlook 2000 to NOT DO THAT? : } "Lisa Simpson" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:OsvVaR$9EHA.2192@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I have Outlook 2000. I also have someone that needs to regularly send >me > Access mdb files, but Outlook 2000 is blocking them; how do I get > Outlook > 2000 to NOT DO THAT? : } > > Tell your sender to rename the file to <filename>.mdx (or whatever extension you like that...

Export emails from Vista windows Mail to Outlook Express 08-18-10
Sorry but somehow I couldn't add this to the original thread of the Post I sent earlier this month. My friend wanted to Export emails from Vista Windows Mail to Outlook Express Anyway although this is no longer a problem as my friend finally found another way to do this I am curious as to why her AppData did not appear. I passed on the instructions to her and also tested it out myself on W7 WLM and it worked for me. However when she started to go through the procedure she found out where her Store folder was located and when she tried to navigate to her Store folder s...

should be possible to view entire MS Word embedded object in MS E.
When a multi-page MS Word document is embedded into an MS Excel file, only the first page of the MS Word document is visible. you can request enhancements by sending an email to: mswish@microsoft.com Phillip M. Feldman wrote: > > When a multi-page MS Word document is embedded into an MS Excel file, only > the first page of the MS Word document is visible. -- Dave Peterson ...

Junk Mail
What if u put something in junk mail and u didn't mean 2 and u erased it? - Amanda Kelski On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:25:50 -0400, Taryn <taryngirl93@verizon.net> wrote: >What if u put something in junk mail and u didn't mean 2 and u erased it? > >- Amanda Kelski Look in the Deleted Items folder. Note that you've posted this question in the wrong place - this forum is for the database software Microsoft Access. You may have better luck posting your question in a group for the mail software that you're using (Outlook? Outlook Express? Something else...?). Whe...