Attachments in Windows Mail

Somehow I changed all my old attachments to PDF, I can't open anything
without going to Adobe Photoshop.....What did I do??? how can I fix them
back???

"jay jay" <jay jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Somehow I changed all my old attachments to PDF, I can't open anything
> without going to Adobe Photoshop.....What did I do??? how can I fix them
> back???

0
ruth

Gather mail from ISP and redistribute to the concerned user
Hello I have Small Business Server 2000 and outlook client 2003. Until recently we were looking our e-mails directely at the ISP through the webmail. Today we would like to collect the e-mails and distribute them to the company users. I have set up everything to send e-mail for the different user and it works. I then used the Pop connector provided with exchange. I can gather the e-mails at the ISP but then they do not appear in the emails boxes (they are disappearing in a "nowhere SBS space"). I can not find what is wrong in my setup. Can somebody help me in this matter ? Best ...

uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached
Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and the latest April Microsoft secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends mail to our Exchange 2k server, the uuencoded attachment is embedded in the body of the message instead of being received as an attachment. Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage. We have not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution may be? Thanks ...

How to change windows appearance scheme?
Hello, How can I set the windows appearance scheme. Specifically I need to force the appearance scheme to Windows Standard. Also related can the appearance scheme be set to Windows Standard for just the application i.e. without affecting the appearance scheme for other applications and the desktop? Thanks, CarlH. As far as I know, this is not possible. The color scheme is at the discretion of the user. joe On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:18:59 -0400, "CharlesC" <Charles@bscinforma.com> wrote: >Hello, > >How can I set the windows appearance scheme. Specifically I ...

Printing

re-install of Office Standard running Windows 7
I had a problem with my Outlook with error Cannot open" I tried to find a fix but didn't...I decided to uninstall Office. I then tried to re-install and got an error to type a string in the run to get info for customer support. this does not work file not found. If you installed Office from the cd the only thing you are required to enter is the Key "56Triumph T 110" <56TriumphT110@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA69BAFD-48D0-4882-93AA-29770AADB4F6@microsoft.com... > I had a problem with my Outlook with error Cannot open" I trie...

pasting mailing lists into windows vista mail
I have a very long excel spreadsheet with email address in one column. With the older outlook product I was always able to cut and paste the column into the TO field and send mass emailings. Now that I am using winmail I get an error when I try to do this: CHECK NAMES: no matches found ........ I have a clunky work around-I have added semicolins to each email address in the excel sheet but this of course is not a useful permanent fix. Can someone tell me how to turn off the "check names" feature or if this is not possible, how winmail can be used with excel to send...

Outlook 2003 Unread Mail Folder
I accidentally erased the Unread Mail folder ... how do I get it back? ...

Attach a file in knowledge base
Hi all, Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doesn't make sense to only type it in or copy the text into the article. Thanks in advance, DK. I had the same problem and apparently this is not a feature in MS CRM 3.0. According to a CRM representative the answer is that you cannot attach a document to a knowledge base article. "DK" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an > article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doe...

Make Outlook Express default mail server
I have been using Outlook Express and like it fine. I updated virus protection and clicked to have Outlook as my default mail server--not realizing that Outlook and Outlook Express were different. How can I get Outlook Express back as default? -- Kathy Salem, OR Control Panel->Internet Options->Programs tab. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, ktfern asked: | I have bee...

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

receiving mail #2
half my incoming mail goes directtly to the deleted items folder. Why? Thank you. BERNIE <BERNIE75@OPTONLINE.NET> wrote: > half my incoming mail goes directtly to the deleted items folder. > Why? Because you have something in Outlook (a rule, perhaps) telling Outlook to delete the messages or you have a third-party application that is doing it. -- Brian Tillman ...

Automaticly open attachment and print attachment
Hello, Is there a way to automaticly open a attachment and print it? I played with the rules wizard but there i can only get the message openend and printed. I use Outlook 2003 Thanks. You'll need a 3rd party utility. Look for solutions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

Button on the header of window
Q1: How i can add ones button on a window header (i.e. part of window there placed minmizes and closed button). Q2: I watch in any application amazing scroll bar (which can vary itself color )but in set of controls my computer i cant finde that.Anybody knows what name of one or where this placed. Thanks. Hi ... You can provide a message handler for WM_NCPAINT to draw on the frame window. You can call ::GetSystemMetrics to obtain the size of the frame and system buttons. -- Mark Davis, Longhorn SDK This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Oulook 2000 Blocking Attachments! Reposted
Hi ONG, I am running Ms-Outlook 2000 Service pack 3, on a Windows pro 2000 Service pack 4. Standalone machine. Recently my mail client has been blocking my email attachments, i have received two replies from the newsgroup describing Level1 security in Outlook, also a link to a site containing all the releative information regarding the subject. But no matter what i try Outlook still wont allow the access to the attachment. I created the new Key and the necessary String Value, i have even tried to use the ( . ) character before the file ext, also i have tried it without the ( .) character, no...

How to Find the Message that contained The Attachment of a Known File-Name.
Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003 to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name? I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one mailbox. Regards, AndyH If attached to an Exchange server, I would, as an admin, use a utility server-side. From the client, I'm not sure Outlook can do it on its own. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Some of the desktop search applications have this functionality though. "AndyH" <andyh@triode.net.au&g...

attachments do not forward
I want to forward e-mails which come to me with attachments. I want these attachments to forward along with the message and they do not. How can I make this happen? Is there a setting to enable this? ...

Recover deleted mail folders
I hard-deleted one mail folder and its subfolders from Outlook 2002. Is there a way to recover them? Try the following; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "31club" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:146a01c47bce$8f0c8ba0$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I hard-deleted one mail folder and its subfolders from > Outlook 2002. Is there a way t...

Editing attachments in Outlook XP
If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in the email? Has anyone ever seen it not save the edits at all? It may be in a secure folder under the Temporary Internet Folder as per http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296115 "DonnaC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052d01c3be9b$44ebd3a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make > edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in > the email? > Has anyone ever seen it...

attachments.......
Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. Thanks, Crank down the internal message size limits to a value that makes sense to you. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:03:07 -0500, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I >am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. > > >Thanks, > > ...

Outlook 97
I need a tip / Utility for a way (registry hack) to set Outlook 97 to automatically empty deleted mail by leaving Outlook 97. I know the EmptyTrash key for Outlook 9.0/10.0, but how it works in Outlook 97?? I haven't used OL97 in a gazillion years, but I know in later versions there's an option to automatically empty the deleted items folder on exit - check in tools | options? Sorry I don't have the program here to check. Thomas Schuy wrote: > I need a tip / Utility for a way (registry hack) to set > Outlook 97 to automatically empty deleted mail by leaving > Outlook 9...

Have to scroll to see full list of attachments in Outlook 2007?
A colleague of mine keeps sending me HTML emails in Outlook with multiple attachments, but the full list of attachments does not appear all at once on the screen. There is a scroll bar on the FAR right next to the attachments, and you have to scroll down through the list of attachments to see all of the attachments (I can send a screen shot to better explain this). So for example, if an email has four attachments, I only see the first three on the screen, and then I have to scroll down to see the fourth attachment. This is very confusing as I can easily "miss" an attach...

Remember selections in Table Names Lookup window (Dex Runtime)
In Microsoft Dynamics GP, the user can view details on database tables in the Table Descriptions window (Tools>>Resource Descriptions>>Tables). If the user clicks the elipsis (...) button to the right of the table name, a lookup window opens. The user needs to choose both the product, series, and view by option that he or she is working with, and the list of tables will display. At least 10 times a day I go into this window, and oftentimes I don't select the table I really want first. That means I need to do a second lookup, select the product, series, and view by aga...

print out messages with list of attachments
Hello there, when printing out a message/email in full, how do I get outlook t print the list of attachments? Cheers, Wi ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com found it in the newsgroups :-) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821840 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Windows will not "Tile" when one of them has Money Plus open
I've discovered that I cannot get my windows to "Tile" when using Money Plus. This is a big bummer because that is how I update my 401k account (not on any exchange so I must do it manually) I copy/paste info into it (money) and it is so much easier if I can tile windows. I used to do it all the time with my older MM Deluxe 2004. Funny thing is that the Money window tiles but the other one acts just like when you click "Tile Windows" when there is only one open... "bupkiss" just a 'bleep' and back to fully maxed... any ideas? On Wed, 5 Sep 2...

Installing Excel Add-In's for all Windows users
When I install a peice of sw, it puts into the HKEY_CURRENT_USER the location to the XLA that this user is to use when using Excel. Now, I would like it so that any user who logs into Windows is able to launch Excel and have the XLA automatically loaded/installed so that the user does not have to do any extra work except work within Excel as normal. Is there somewhere where this path to the XLA can be put in the registry or elsewhere so that it becomes like a global setting, hence applying to all other existing and new users logging into that machine? Thanks, Jignesh. ...