After Send/Receive is initiated, "new messages" appears but no new

After send/receive is initiated, "new messages preceded by a number appears
in lower right but there are no new messages in any of the folders. Please
advise. Also, mail rules have disappeared.

Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with
Windows Mail over time.
=20

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"PedalrsInn" <PedalrsInn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> After send/receive is initiated, "new messages preceded by a number =
appears=20
> in lower right but there are no new messages in any of the folders. =
Please=20
> advise. Also, mail rules have disappeared.=20

0
Gary

Can't see my new messages unless I click on an old msg
I'm currently running a MS-Exchange Ent Edt on windows 2000 server, and outlook 2000 I only have this problem with some outlook client, that new messages won't appear unless I click on an old message Even if you click on sent and received I don't. Thank you in advance Peter <Vik> wrote: > I'm currently running a MS-Exchange Ent Edt on windows 2000 server, > and outlook 2000 > > I only have this problem with some outlook client, that new messages > won't appear unless I click on an old message > > Even if you click on sent and receive...

Not receiving new messages
On a couple of machines in the office, people are not receiving internal messages. However they do receive external ones. A noise sounds to say they have new messages (when an internal one is sent to them) but there is nothing in the inbox. I have checked that there is no auto-filter on. They are using Outlook 2000. Any ideas?? View, messages, show all messages? Sort the inbox in decending order by the received date? Using Netfolders? Updates are automatically moved to the shared folder. "Lucy" <lucyking@clarkebond.co.uk> wrote in message news:08f301c34a16$049b7a20$a4...

Slow down checking for new messages
Gurus, Running Outlook 2003 in Corporate mode. Exchange 2003 server on the back-end. Is there anyway to make my Outlook client check for new messages only like say, every 30 minutes? I am trying to organize my time better and I find that email being delivered to me as soon as it is sent is a distraction. -- Spin No, but you can impose some self-discipline. Set a time each hour when you will deal with incoming mail such as on the half-hour. If there is no need to respond immediately, then don't - keep working on the task at hand until half past the hour. -- Milly Staples ...

NEW MESSAGES
all new messages appear as if they are read. what can i do toi make them bold and "unread" Are you using Autopreview? If you are, is mail marked as read after 5 seconds (or whatever parameter is indicated)? "skip4t" <skip4t@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42A1CE90-A38C-4E9F-BB36-AEA36B14E73A@microsoft.com... > all new messages appear as if they are read. what can i do toi make them bold > and "unread" ...

Outlook new messages
When adding recipients to the 'TO' box, I occasionally get names popping up in a drop down list that shows any names that match what you are typing in the form of the name plus a bunch of numbers <anyname51878155>. Is there a way to clean up this list so that addresses do not appear in this form. The person is not in my Contacts. The full name of the person is listed followed by the the name with the number. ie - any name <anyname51878155>. >When adding recipients to the 'TO' box, I occasionally get >names popping up in a drop down list that shows ...

New messages ending up in Inbox instead of Draft
Hi Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. I am using the below code from within Access to send emails via outlook. Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objOutlookMsg = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem) With objOutlookMsg .To = "me@mydomian.com" .Subject = "Subject Here" .HTMLBody = "This is the body text..." .Save End With The problem is that instead of messages being saved in Draft folder, they are ending up saved in Inbox. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards I don't know what t...

New messages not visible
Hi all, I have a strange problem this morning. I have just set up maybe our 10th user with Outlook 2007 (on Windows XP.) She has a unique problem in that when new messages arrives, it dings and shows an icon in the system tray all correctly, but new messages won't display in the Inbox unless she clicks another folder and goes back to the Inbox. I found one post that suggested disabling a Google Desktop add-in, but she doesn't appear to have that add-in installed. Any ideas? The only difference between her and other users that I can come up with is that she has Office 2007 Profess...

No new messages are displayed in Inbox after migration from 5.5
hi I have Exchange 2003 coexisting with Exchange 5.5 in one Organization After moving mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 то 2003 no new messages are displayed in Inbox (only Delivery reports and Task requests are shown OK) Item counter in mailboxes is growing but I can't see any new messages If i create new user account in AD all work fine How to correct it? Make sure the view is set correctly to display all messages. Since the counter is growing it means the messages are still there and the mailbox works fine. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related Ne...

I have to press Send & Receive on Outlook to read new messages
Why are my messages just not automatically showing up???? "Jodi Wickstrom" <Jodi Wickstrom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCAFB139-F812-471A-BAF6-1B12B87E86A3@microsoft.com... > Why are my messages just not automatically showing up???? Using MS Exchange as your mail server? This would be considered critical information in a request for help, along with WHICH version of Outlook that you use and the operating system version. If using Exchange, it sounds like its UDP packets are not getting to your host to let Outlook know there are new pending mails...

New Messages in public folders
I have setup a group of public folders to receive e-mail message complete with their own addy(ex. pfaddy@wisor.com). When someone on the inside of my LAN sends a message to pfaddy@wisor.com then message comes threw with a mail icon. You can right click it and mark it for follow up like any mail message. If anyone from the outside world sends a message to pfaddy@wisor.com the message comes throw with a "notes" icon. You can not mark a note for follow up. This is causing a problem. My users need to be able to mark these messages for follow up. So my question is how do ...

New Messages in In Book are deleting on theri own.
Can someone please help me. New messages to my inbox seem to delete on their own. I open the inbox see the messages in the Today's message but when I try to open they seem to delete. Any answers will be appreciated. Elcid Check your view settings to make sure you haven't inadvertently selected Unread Messages. If this is selected, messages will seem to disappear when they're marked read. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ...

Outlook takes long to open the new messages
outlook xp takes long time to open newly recieved unread message, when i click on the new message to open, one window pops up showing the download status from exchange server. The problem is same when i try to make read message as UNread. The problem dosen't arrise when i open previous read message. What should i do to resolve this issue. ...

cannot get new messages to play notification sound
hi. i am running outlook express 6.00.2800.1123. i have the tools/options/general/send-receive messages/"play sound when new messages arrive" box clicked, but no sound is played. how do i troubleshoot this? cannot find anything in the online help databases. thanks! cp wrote: > hi. i am running outlook express 6.00.2800.1123. i have the > tools/options/general/send-receive messages/"play sound when new > messages arrive" box clicked, but no sound is played. how do i > troubleshoot this? cannot find anything in the online help databases. > thanks! ...

Outlook downloads all messages from POP3 instead of new messages
I download messages from my POP3 server. It works fine for few weeks and all of a sudden, Outlook downloads all messages (new and old messages that have been downloaded earlier). On my POP3 server, all old messages are kept for 30 days and get deleted. Whenever this problem occurs, I get all messages for the last 30 days. Is there a way I could stop this behavior? Thanks, CM ...

WLM ignores my option to not check for new messages at intervals
Greeting the group; I use Windows Live Mail on my XP Pro SP3 computer. Everything is working as per my preferences with one exception. I filter all incoming email with MailWasher Pro, therefore, I have set WLM to NOT check for incoming messages at all. I did this by unchecking the selection to check for new messages every x minutes. For a while WLM respected my choice. However, some time ago something was changed and it ignores my preference and decides to check for mail every 30 minutes, even though the box to do so is unchecked! I tried changing the time interval to 999, but i...

Sending and receiving new messages
How do I set up Outlook to send and receive messages automatically upon opening the program? On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 20:53:02 -0800, "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I set up Outlook to send and receive messages automatically upon >opening the program? Depends what version of Outlook that you're using. You need to set a polling interval, which tells Outlook how often to do an automatic send/receive. -- <<<SgtRich>>> Email: Microsoft Outlook 2003 News (Text): Fort� Agent 2.0 News (Binaries): News Rover 10.2 ...

Outlook 2003 Migration from GW6.5
I've searched these groups and the internet without finding a solution that applies to my problem so I'm hoping maybe someone will have some ideas if I explain my specific dilemma. By way of background, our department recently migrated from Groupwise 6.5 to Outlook 2003. To prep each Windows XP workstation (which are the same model and were originally configured from the same ghost image), I logged in to our AD (with admin rights), uninstalled Groupwise from the Control Panel, ran a third party utility to clean Groupwise off of the machine more thoroughly and then uninstalled the Nov...

New messages showing up as read messages
Hello, I have two users running windows 2000 with office XP pro. They currently seem to be overlooking some of their new messages in the inboxes because when they show up their status shows as read instead of a new message. Has anyone run into this type of problem before? Do they have autopreview on and set to mark messages as read after 5 seconds? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Gregory Edmiston" wrote: > Hello, > I have two user...

New Messages of Interest
I just installed Exchange Server 2000, using Outlook 2002 and a user is getting the above 'New Messages of Interest' popup whenever she gets a message sent to her or the person for whom she is a delegate. It always states that the 'delegator' has a new message. The 'display a notification message' option is not checked in Email options. Can someone help me figure out how to turn this off? Thanks! ...

New messages do not show up in Outlook 2000 using VPN
I have a problem where a user is connected remotely using Outlook 2000 and VPN into our network. When new messages arrive they do not automatically appear in the Outlook inbox unless the user closes out of Outlook and goes back in. Clicking Send/Receive has no effect. The VPN connction is not lost nor is the cable (Road Runner Staten Island) signal. No other remote users are experiencing this problem. Any ideas? Thanks, Jim V. Something in the connection is blocking UDP packets. If the user clicks on another folder, and then back to the inbox, the items should be there. For remote users...

OWA 2003 Not Receiving New Messages
We've recently brought up our new Exchange 2003 server and have migrated a few test users from our Exchange 2000 Server for testing. While testing OWA in Exchange 2003 we've discovered that users don't get new messages in OWA when the come in unless they press the "Check for New Messages" button. I've gone into the OWA Administration utility and confirmed that the check new messages polling interval is set to the default 2 minutes but still no luck. Any ideas on what could be the problem? that's the way OWA works. it doesn't automatically refresh the v...

outlook folders don't populate with new messages
I have several users that their inbox does not populate with new messages until they click on another folder. For instance. I have outlook set to send/receive every one minute. And every minute I see at the bottom in the status bar, send/receive etc. but no new messages are in my inbox. I can watch indefinitely and no new messages are in my inbox. However, if I click on contacts, or any other folder, the inbox suddenly populates with all the new messages. i am using outlook xp on a windows active directory domain. many users have the same problem, but many users don't hav...

OWA message body is not displayed when creating new messages
Hi there, I really hope someone can help me. I have one user who is having problems when accessing outlook web access from home. He can login to OWA OK but when he clicks on "New" to compose a message, all he sees is the "To:", "Cc", "Bcc", "Subject" and "Attachments" fields. The message body just has a little white box with a red cross through it in its place (like a missing inline graphic). I don't think the problem is server based as I can use his login from my home and have no problems doing any of the tasks. The guy with...

Custom folders not expanding with new messages
Howdy, When I receive an email message, I hear the "bee-do" sound when it arrives. However, the inbox folders which I have set-up, and linked to message rules, do not automatically expand to show the presence of a new message. Nor do I get a "(1)" beside "unread email", or "unread from contacts" at the top, or beside any relevent parent folders. I do get the (1) after I expand the relevent folders manually. But if they are collapsed, and if I don't hear the sound, I often miss the email. I have, of course, checked the box &quo...

wm5 won't download new messages from exchange activesync
I have 3 new windows mobile 5 phones (not smartphones) and all messages download as expected when the user has outlook 2003 up and running. however when no instance of outlook is running the device will sync with the server and see there are new messages, but won't doesn't download them. When I enable verbose logging on activesync the only difference between outlook open and not is the final server response. When outlook is open and running the server includes new messages in the response and when outlook is closed the message ends after <status>1</status> and no commands ...