"Windows Mail can compact the message store"

From past threads, I understand it is advisable to click "ok" when this
message pops up. My follow-up question is this: What happens to my emails
when the message store is compacted? Will my emails be lost permanently?
Thanks.

It should not affect your emails at all.
Nevertheless, it is always wise to have a backup of your important =
emails.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Will" <Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> From past threads, I understand it is advisable to click "ok" when =
this=20
> message pops up. My follow-up question is this: What happens to my =
emails=20
> when the message store is compacted? Will my emails be lost =
permanently?
> Thanks.
0
Gary

"Windows Mail can compact the message store"
From past threads, I understand it is advisable to click "ok" when this message pops up. My follow-up question is this: What happens to my emails when the message store is compacted? Will my emails be lost permanently? Thanks. It should not affect your emails at all. Nevertheless, it is always wise to have a backup of your important = emails. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Will" <Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:7C3B694D-60C8-40AA-B554-6ADE39A426...

"Windows Mail can compact the message Store" can or could do harm?
I am having the window poping up every time. I was told that you have to be careful as it can harm your computer if certain other things are installed. I do not recall what they were but I choose to just ignor the message and quit it. Then one day about a week after I was told this when I left Windows Mail I must have hit it by mistake as it started doing the compacting right away , it seemed automatic. After it was done, I did not have the message popping up but I DID start having all sorts of anoying problems with my computer, like Outlook closing suddenly and my wireless be...