USB Flash Drive blinks and disappears

Hi,

I am trying to connect my KODAK USB Flash drive to my HP Pavilion
laptop(Windows Vista). Whenever I try to plug in the USB drive, the
Autoplay pop up appears and quickly disappears. The same appears in My
Computer screen. The USB Drive appears and before I could click on it it
disappears. The blink and miss keeps on happening unless I plug out the
USB drive. I have tried to use other USB devices with my HP laptop and
it works fine. I gave also tried to use the KODAK USB Flash Drive with
another laptop having Windows XP and it works fine. I am not sure why
the issue is happening with my HP laptop. Any help will be much
appeciated.

Thanks.

--
debr259
debr259's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/190734.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
debr259
3/4/2010 1:52:09 AM
windows.vista.hardware_devices 178 articles. 0 followers. Follow

how do you make text flash on and off like a warning sign?
how do you make text flash on and off like a warning sign? It;s beyond me why anyone would want this (if I received a workbook I would turn it off immediately) http://snipurl.com/cpo7 Regards, Peo Sjoblom "mbives2" wrote: > how do you make text flash on and off like a warning sign? You might try an OnTime event procedure. The procedure would run periodically and ,on alternate executions, set the text font color to either a visible color or the same color as the cell background. This would make the text appear to flash. -- Gary's Student "Peo Sjoblom&qu...

Blue Screen upon USB Drive Insertion
I've been using this SwissMemory USB drive for a couple years now on the same computer system (an HP Pavillion notebook, Vista Ultimate 32-bit). As of just yesterday, I can no longer access the drive. As soon as I plug it in, I get a Blue Screen with the Stop Error 0x8E and my computer reboots. If I plug the drive in before windows finishes booting, I can access the drive just fine. However, anytime I plug the device in while Windows is already running, I immediately get the Blue Screen and a reboot. I've tried reformatting the flash drive, but it still happens. Any s...

Email message briefly appears in inbox, then "disappears"
Hello, I have a single user who does not receive emails from a third-party application. The application is configured with the users email address and the exchange mail server IP. The user can send email from this application, but cannot receive any email from other users who originate an email message from this third-party application. These messages are almost strictly internal to the company, and at the same physical location. The user cannot receive an email that they have sent to themselves from this application either. I have exchange 2003 and have tracked these messages and fr...

microsoft office install
Office:mac student/teacher edition was installed on our new i-mac before "uninstallinng" the "test drive" version first. Do I have to uninstall both versions (and reinstall the purchased version) or just the "test drive" (does that leave the purchased version operating?). If I have to reinstall the student/teacher edition, (which is good for 3 installs) is one of those now wasted? Or can I do numerous installs on the same computer without penalty? zeb wrote: > Office:mac student/teacher edition was installed on our new i-mac > before "uninstallinng&...

Outlook Today page flashes information then goes blank
I am running XP and recently upgraded to Office 2007. Now when I view my Outlook Today page it flashes the Appointments and Tasks then goes blank. Can someone help me? ...

"Running Money On Zip Drive?"
Hi All, Does anyone run MS Money from their ZIP Drive? Thanks in advance. Jack I've used a Zip Drive for backups in the past, but (not specifically for Money files), found them too slow and unreliable. I certainly wouldn't run my second most important file purely on removable media though. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it...

After a hard drive format
Before I format my hard drive (it's time)what files do I need to backup to retain my emails and email addresses? Where do I find them? Thanks, Marvin If you are using Outlook 2000/2002, search for files with the extension ".pst". The exact location will depend on what operation system you are using. Regards Darren PS within your newsgroups settings, change your e-mail address to something like marskyNOSPAM@mindspring.com. Newsgroups are where spammers gain their e-mail addresses from by using "spiders" or "web-bots" to gain details of such addresses. ...

Question: Nearly Empty, But Still Full Hard Drive
I have a Dell XPS-Z 866Mhz Pentium 3, with 384mb and a 20Gig hard drive, which is running a fresh install of Windows XP. For some reason even though I've transferred about 1 gig worth of files back to the drive it is almost full, causing the reminders to keep popping up. Before I re-installed windows XP I had the same problem, and even thought I deleted all I could the hard drive would begin to fill up again for no discernible reason. And this is definitely not the first time I've had this problem. Can anyone list the things that would cause this, and what I could try to c...

Re: Format Program for Hard Drive With Some Bad Clusters 04-23-10
Hi, Thanks to everyone who tried to help with my quest. This Seagate HDD was used very little since I bought it new about 6 years ago. I bought it as a spare. It was in storage in a protective case and free of vibration for over 5 years, and it wasn't "mis-handled". When I first bought it, I formatted it with one 20G partition without any errors. It was recently, I took it out of storage and I decided to partition it into two logical drives (C: & D:). It was while formatting the second partition that all this trouble started. The first partition is...

Excel data completely disappeared
Please can someone help me with a problem I am having. I created a spreadsheet with Excel and included a 'comments' column designed to appear with a mouseover. I saved the spreadsheet and tested it out, everything ok ... until I went to view it the next day and every single comment has disappeared !! Even the red triangles have completely disappeared ... this is really weird. Can anyone throw any light on this ? TIA, cool4cats -- cool4cats ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cool4cats's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?actio...

How to write to USB virtual printer port
I have a computer without a parallel port, so I bought a usb to parallel port adapter. Now, I wrote and application for a serial and parallel port, but if I pass the name of the virtual printer port which is USB002 to my function which uses writefile, I get an error that the port does not exist. I was wondering if someone could give me some pointers on how to send data to this usb virtual printer port via an mfc program. I am not using a printer driver as it is a special printer and will only take text. Z.K. What does your CreateFile line look like? does it look something like th...

Outlook Express: Suddenly all my inbox emails disappear!
Outlook Express: Suddenly all my inbox emails disappear! Please advise for "restoring" my inbox emails back. Thanks a lot. Val val wrote: > Outlook Express: Suddenly all my inbox emails disappear! > Please advise for "restoring" my inbox emails back. Thanks > a lot. Val This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexp...

why do emails in the inbox disappear when I reply to them?
When I reply to an email in microsoft outlook, the email disappears from the inbox. Does anyone know why? Where does the email go? When I search for the email it will find it and tell me its still in the inbox, but it isnt Have you checked to ensure no rules or filters are applied within Outlook? >-----Original Message----- >When I reply to an email in microsoft outlook, the email disappears from the >inbox. Does anyone know why? Where does the email go? When I search for >the email it will find it and tell me its still in the inbox, but it isnt >. > Fonzy &l...

Disappearing AutoTextList Items
I recently upgraded from Word 2003 to 2007. Using Word 2003 I used AutoTextList to create drop down lists. After the upgrade to 2007 I found that new additions to my AutoTextList appear in the document along with my old items but are only the old items show up in the drop down list in new documents even though it was saved. Below is what I have been doing: My process for adding items to the drop down list: I select the style I want from the style window I create a blank line I type the new text I want to add to the drop down I highlight the words but not the paragraph marker ...

Drive Connection and Jumpering
Hello, I have a Dell PowerEdge 600SC running the A09 BIOS. The mobo has 3 IDE controllers. I have two IDE hard drives connected to the Primary IDE controller, with one jumpered as the master and the other as the slave. I have a DVD drive and a CD-ROM drive connected to the Secondary IDE controller with the DVD drive jumpered as the master and the CD-ROM drive as the slave. The system also has a connected 3.5" floppy drive. There is currently nothing connected to the Tertiary IDE controller. The BIOS and Windows XP both see all the drives, and I can use all the dri...

Inserted Pictures keep disappearing replaced w/ white box with a r
I have never had this problem in power point before. I opened an old presentation to update it (Professional Edition 2003). Photos I had inserted were gone and replaced with white squares with red Xs. I tried to replace the photos and saved it. When I went to reopen today, the photos are gone again. HELP! Also, when I open the folder and point to the file I want to open, the small "Details" icon still shows my photos as being there, but they're not there; when I try to print, it's the white square with the red x. Thanks for any support anyone can give me! ...

Outlook shortcuts for CRM keep disappearing
Hi, Just wondering if anyone has had issues with creating shortcuts for CRM in outlook and then having them disappear every now and then? We're trying to figure out if it's an outlook problem or the CRM addon that is causing this problem. Thanks, Sophie On Jun 11, 12:06=A0pm, Sophie <Sop...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Just wondering if anyone has had issues with creating shortcuts for CRM i= n > outlook and then having them disappear every now and then? > > We're trying to figure out if it's an outlook problem or the CRM addon th= a...

Icons in folders disappear.
I have WindowsXP SP3. Lately the contents of the shortcuts on the desktop are defaulting at will back to "detailed" view. Normally I have these as icons. Also, the window size is varying. Hoe can I keep them as icons? Please help, Frank ...

Formula to always point to C drive (peer to peer network)
I have a file in which the cells reference the C drive. If I open that file on another computer it then changes to be the drive for the computer I last edited it on, or the network file letter (if that is the correct way to put it). Is there a way to always keep it referencing the "C" drive no matter which computer opens it or edits it? -- David P. -- David P. ...

excel 2000 doc looks for pages in the local drive b4 opening
My Excel doc is looking for pages of the doc in my local drive b4 opening. I have hit cancel for every page it does not find and then it opens. Other excel docs open with no prob. Doc in question was created by someone else. Any suggestions please? I'm guessing you have links to workbooks on your local drive that can't be found. You're job will be to figure out if you can destroy the links or if you should find the real location and use that. There's an option in Tools|Options|Edit tab that allows you to be prompted if excel should go off and try to update the links (check t...

Import old messages from slaved hard drive
Outlook Express won't import my old folders & messages from drive 'E' now I'm on new computer with 'C'. The closest I came to accessing got me a message to close OE, but then I can't import. Any advice greatly appreciated see tomsterdam.com for help in setting up OE using our old files. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - OneNote 2003 Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/exp...

Renamed C Drive now receiving error message
Help, I changed the name of (C) drive and the network computer names did not reflect it so I went back in and when the computer said if you do this your owner of the HD. I pressed the button and now I can't even receive windows updates. The following error message appears on bootup also (shown below). I have no idea how to reverse this. I may have deleted the files names to remove them thinking they would be in deleted items. But they were not there. This is in Windows Vista Can anyone help me??? Sincerely, Toooooooooooooo Snoopy on my computer!! Windows cannot a...

External Hard Drive
My external hard drive shows in device manager and computer management, but it does not show in my computer. Therefore I can't back up to the external drive. I have WIN Vista 64 bit. How can I correct this? Thanks you. On Nov 21, 9:44=A0am, ichn13 <ich...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My external hard drive shows in device manager and computer management, b= ut > it does not show in my computer. Therefore I can't back up to the externa= l > drive. I have WIN Vista 64 bit. > How can I correct this? > Thanks you. Go to "Disk Management&qu...

Cannot insert pictures in Pubisher. Text also disappears!
I have worked for several hours on a newsletter, now everything changes. Photos overlay on print and print disappears. Read the third FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Disgusted" <Disgusted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:421A5715-4D0A-4EC9-8C94-941B4B9DBA9F@microsoft.com... >I have worked for several hours on a newsletter, now everything changes. > Photos over...

splitting dbase in a different network drive
Hello experts, I'm almost done with my dbase but i didn't realize that this issue will come out. My dbase is loc in our network server G:\myfolder\dbase.mdb and planning to split save in the same loc. The problem now, users of this dbase are in diff site, yes they can access in our network server but with different drive letter. Instead of G:\folder\dbase.mdb they have S:\myfolder\dbase.mdb or Y:\myfolder\dbase.mdb and others. What should I do for the user or on the dabase so they don't need to relinked their tables. Is their a way that once I split the dbase the drive will...