Mic not detected

I upgraded from Vista to W7 when it first came out. I have just recently
realized that it apparently cut off the mic and I cannot record anything. I
can still hear cd's.etc.  I did not discover this until I tried to send a
video message to my son who just got deployed to Iraq. Dell customer support
has been useless thus far. Thanks for any suggestions as to how to fix this
problem.

0
andy
5/17/2010 10:51:29 AM
windows.vista.hardware_devices 178 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On May 17, 11:51=A0am, "andy jones" <jandy78...@aol.com> wrote:
> I upgraded from Vista to W7 when it first came out. I have just recently
> realized that it apparently cut off the mic and I cannot record anything.=
> can still hear cd's.etc. =A0I did not discover this until I tried to send=
> video message to my son who just got deployed to Iraq. Dell customer supp=
ort
> has been useless thus far. Thanks for any suggestions as to how to fix th=
is
> problem.

When installing a different version of Windows than the one delivered
with the system originally, you must re-install all the required
drivers.  This includes the sound / audio card.   Upgrading to a newer
version of Windows will reset the drivers.  Windows 7 might use the
same drivers as Vista.  However, there is a chance that W7 will not
use them correct.

Do you know the details on what kind of sound / audio card device your
PC should have?
0
smlunatick

HQ Dongle no longer being detected?
We started out having various issues with our HQ server. it stopped syncing. I reinstalled the software per an MS document I found in the KB. Now HQ is telling me the following error. "Unable to find the copy protection device (Dongle) in teh last 24 hours. Make sure the dongle is attached to this computer or HQ will stop functioning on or after 2/8/2006. I have reinstalled/installed the latest Sentinel 7.9 driver. No problems there but RMS is still not seeing the dongle. Any ideas before it expires on Wednesday? Thanks! Christine If it's a USB Dongle, log in as an Administ...

How to detect whether the internet connection is broken
I use the Socket. I connect my client to a NNTP Server. I think the connection will be broken by the Server if my client is idle for an unknown period of time. The server closes the connection without sending any acknowledgement. I have no idea on how to detect whether the connection is broken or not. Can anyone have any idea? Thanks. Franz wrote: > I use the Socket. I connect my client to a NNTP Server. I think the > connection will be broken by the Server if my client is idle for an unknown > period of time. The server closes the connection without sending any > acknowledgemen...

leak detection
I added CMemoryState stuff from: <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfc_CMemoryState.3a3a.DumpStatistics.asp> to my current project (C++/MFC). It is reporting leaks. As I often do, I created a baseline, empty SDI app with the wizard and made the same additions for leak detection. To my surprise, leaks are being reported in this otherwise unmodified app-wizard app. Should this be considered normal? Does app-wizard generate leaky code, or does CMemoryState have problems? WinXP Pro w/SP2 and VS.Net2003 You got to wrap around your code. B...

Can I use Microsoft Mail Merge in a calendar in Mic Publisher
Can I use Microsoft Mail Merge in a calendar in Microsoft Publisher. The information is in Microsoft Access Kennbu wrote: > Can I use Microsoft Mail Merge in a calendar in Microsoft Publisher. > The information is in Microsoft Access Merge into tables is not supported. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. darn, this is what I want as well, source the data in Excel or Access and have publisher be the calendar engine. What I really want is to be able to maint...

Outlook 2000 Rule to detect HTML pattern in body?
Greetings, I'm trying to catch a new form of spam that is getting through my provider. The spam has a signature pattern that is found inside a particular <html spec>. Using a rule to search the message body does not catch the pattern -- I don't know if Outlook overlooks the <HTML codes>. I know the pattern is correct because the same rule works in Eudora (ahem). Is there a trick to get Outlook to detect an HTML code pattern? Thanks, KC Outlook does not search HTML bodies when applying rules. One of the ever changing methods spammers find to make our lives misera...

help. i can write an email but have no idea how to send it in mic.
anyone who can please help me send an email by microsoft outlook 2003 please help. so far all i can do is write a draft and have absolutley no idea where to go from there to actually send off the email. thankyou natalie wrote: || anyone who can please help me send an email by microsoft outlook || 2003 please help. so far all i can do is write a draft and have || absolutley no idea where to go from there to actually send off the || email. thankyou Try pressing "Send"? -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk Hello Nat...

proper way to detect if mouse button is depressed?
What is the proper way of decting whether a certain mouse button is depressed or not? If I create a class member bool m_rightbtndown and set it true on the message "OnRButtonDown" and set it false on "OnRButtonUp", that does not work if I right click in the window, and then drag the mouse outside the window, lift my finger, and then bring the mouse back to my window. my window still thinks the button is depressed because it never received "OnRButtonUp" How should I do this? nick You have to capture the mouse: void MyWnd::OnRButtonDown(....) { S...

How to detect if function dialog is calling a custom function
I have a custom VBA function that I use in my spreadsheet. The problem is that when it is called using the function editor, every keystroke causes it to recalculate the function. Now, the function can sometimes take a long time to return because it is calling a database, causing the editor to lock up on every key stroke making it impossible to use the editor. A- is there a way to make it not calculate on each key press. -- or -- B- is there a way to determine if the function editor is calling the function so I can return dummy data until its called from an actual cell? ...

How do I read publisher 2002 items sent to me if I donot have Mic.
I have several items I cannot open waiting, they require publisher 2002 and I have PDF . I don't understand the "I have PDF part" but........... If you have a Publisher file and you do not have Publisher, you could ask the originator of the file to send it to you as a .pdf file or you could order the trial version. After your 30 day trial expires, it will act as a viewer. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "reneb" <reneb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A800A9C1-B97F-454F-99EE-BD9658B7B9D8@microsoft.com... >I have several item...

Detect if file exists?
Hi, can anybody provide me sample code (vbscript) to check if a specific file exists? 'Cause I need to add a file whose name will be entered in a form and be completed by code (vbscript) ([filename].pdf) The folder is known and always the same. I just want to check if the file exists to prevent an error. ANY help will be appreciated! DMW Dim x Set x = createObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") if x.fileExists(fileName) then .... end if Set x = nothing "DeadManWalking" <dead.man.walking@gmx.de> wrote in message news:1371b522.0310220246.16fc3ca4@posti...

Bad Datatype detected for operation
Hi, I'm reading an Excel file. I read each row and need to stop reading when the last row have empty cell. It works fine on all rows except when reading the last row: Unhandled script exception: Bad Datatype detected for operation EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_BAD_TYPE SCRIPT_CMD_CONVERT I think this is a datatype cast problem, but don't know how to fix it. repeat increment iRow; rCr=rWs.Range["A"+str(iRow)]; sItemNumber=rCr.Value; {-> hear is the problem with the last row} until empty(sItemNumber); Thanks in advanced. Takashi ...

GUID is not detected by server .& cannot go offline...SFO.
why is the server not detecting the GUID attached to the subject line of email...what could be the problem... Also i am not able to go offline ..I get an error Domain canot be contacted or does not exist... Any sugestions... Thanks a million. ...

My Computer not detecting my external harddrive
I have a IDE hard drive with USB casing and connected to my USB port. The problem is the hard drive partitions are not shown up in My computer. But My Computer->Manage->Storage->Disk management shows the hard drive with 3 partitions and all the three are healthy.I know there are a few bad sectors. I am sure I have not made any changes in registry that prevents drives from being shown. Please help me. Do the partitions have drive letters assigned? karthikaravind wrote: > I have a IDE hard drive with USB casing and connected to my USB port. > The problem is the ha...

Mic not detected
I upgraded from Vista to W7 when it first came out. I have just recently realized that it apparently cut off the mic and I cannot record anything. I can still hear cd's.etc. I did not discover this until I tried to send a video message to my son who just got deployed to Iraq. Dell customer support has been useless thus far. Thanks for any suggestions as to how to fix this problem. On May 17, 11:51=A0am, "andy jones" <jandy78...@aol.com> wrote: > I upgraded from Vista to W7 when it first came out. I have just recently > realized that it apparently cut...

Duplicate Detection stuck in 'Publishing' stage
Hi, I've upgraded CRM to 4.0; the 3 default duplicate detection rules for account, contact and lead have the status "Publishing"; this is so for 2 months now. I cannot use the rules because CRM tells me that there are no rules published. What can do about this? I've created a new rule and published it but it has the same status (publishing) and is not usable. Help. We have a same problem. Has anyone found a solution? Thanks. "Bryant" wrote: > Hi, > I've upgraded CRM to 4.0; the 3 default duplicate detection rules for > account, contact and l...

how to detect TCP disconnects
Hi All, I am using winsock api. When a client disconnects her socket, how can we detect in the server to re-connect to the client once connected. Is there any api function. Thanks. Jr. http://tangentsoft.net/wskfaq/newbie.html#normalclose Sreeram vda wrote: > Hi All, > > I am using winsock api. When a client disconnects her socket, how can we > detect in the server to re-connect to the client once connected. Is there > any api function. > > Thanks. > Jr. > > Thank you very much. It helped. Jr. "Sreeram" <sreeram0425@netscape.net> w...

Auto detect the range depending up on the input date.
Hi All, I have an excel as below. If I give the date as input, suppose 6/1/2009, excel should do a count if function with the range starting from the 1st cell below the input date till the next date in the dates column. I am confused, please help. 6/1/2009 N New 291420 Roger N New 291425 Fred N New 291427 Lisa N New 291532 Lima N New 291741 Lisa N New 291531 Roger N New 291494 Roger 6/2/2009 N New 291532 Lima N New 291741 Lisa N New 291531 Roger N New 291494 Roger 6/3/2009 Thanks, S Where do you give the date as input? In the same sheet? ...

how to detect that the end of a range is also end of a paragraph?
Hi, how to detect that the end of a range is also end of a paragraph? There are several ways including: Test whether the range and the last paragraph in the range have the same end eg If oRng.End = oRng.Paragraphs.Last.Range.End Then 'the range end is also a paragraph end. End If or see what the last character of the range is e.g. If oRng.Characters.Last = Chr(13) Then 'the range end is also a paragraph end End If or If oRng.Characters.Last = vbCr Then 'the range end is also a paragraph end End If -- <>>< ><<> >...

Can I install Excel without installing Mic. Office
I have Microsoft Money on my computer. I would like to install Microsoft Excel but do I need to install Microsoft Office or can I just install the Excel programme? It can be installed stand-alone. It will install various office components that are shared, but you don't need Word, etc. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "daisy_135" <daisy_135@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A516726-A49C-4C72-8B90-4C928877ABD9@microsoft.com... > I have Microsoft Money on my computer. I would like to install Microsoft > Excel bu...

Detecting when threads go away from MFC app (DLL_THREAD_DETACH?)
I have a library used mainly in statically-linked MFC apps (but also in command line tools) that needs to know when threads go away so it can clean up memory associated with thread local storage. I essentially want to do the equivalent of a pthread key destructor function. Is there a way I can get notified when a thread goes away so I can do this cleanup? I see that DLL's can have a DLLMain that gets call with DLL_THREAD_DETACH, but is there a way to use that from a normal MFC app? I believe that DLL_THREAD_DETACH is for DLLs only, and has no equivalent for static libraries. I would c...

Intrusion detection #2
I'm watching database's mailbox information and I have users mailboxes being accesed with another usernames, is this possible?, could it be an intrusion?, also I have a lot of mailboxes with last login with the administrator user. On the windows log I got messages like this on the accounts with different username accesing. Event Type: Success Audit Event Source: Security Event Category: Logon/Logoff Event ID: 540 Date: 02/06/2004 Time: 09:14:04 User: DOMAIN\USER$ Computer: EXCHANGE2K Description: Successful Network Logon: User Name: USER$ Domain: DOMAIN Logon ID: (0x0,0x308...

Postmaster Virus Detected
Hi Thanks in advance for your support. Since past one month I am getting one message from different users, Postmaster Virus Detected. Can anyone suggest me how to tackle this issue. Is there is a problem with my mail server or my outlook has to do something with it. Regards DJ. ...

Detecting active customview
Hello I have to create a piece of code wich makes a few buttons visible or in visible depending of te active customview that is selected on a sheet.It has to be something like this: Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() If (ACTIVECUSTOMVIEW = view1) then CommandButton1.Visible = False End If If (ACTIVECUSTOMVIEW = view2) then CommandButton1.Visible = True End If End Sub Thanks in advance... I'm not a proper coder, maybe someone else will chip in. However, I couldn't find anything on this, so if it *can't* be done, I'd suggest check...

junk e-mail not detected
Do I need to do something special to turn on the junk mail option. I have it set to "high" and have added several domains to the block sender section. None of the e-mails I receive from these domains are block. What's your mail setup? Exchange? Cached Exchange? IMAP? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:006b01c3bf4d$b81d49a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Do I need to do something special to tu...

Mic problem
I had an old mic. I set it up, it worked, then stopped working after an automatic update. Fearing something was wrong with the old mic, I bought a new headset, plugged it in, set it up, and it worked... Until after an automatic update, it stopped working. Fearing the headset might have been damaged during transport, I went and bought another mic, plugged it in, set it up and it worked. And, again, it stopped working after an automatic update. Sensing a pattern, I had tried all 3 mics on another computer and they all work. Now, I have the 3 mics, and they're not being recogniz...