CD / DVD Drive Missing?

No idea what happened to it but it's no longer showing on my computer.
When I try to run a cd or what not, nothing pops up either. No error
message, nothing.

--
g0dfather
0

http://kgiii.info/windows/XP/general/missing_CD-DVD_drives.html

--
Peter

"g0dfather" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> No idea what happened to it but it's no longer showing on my computer.
> When I try to run a cd or what not, nothing pops up either. No error
> message, nothing.
>

> --
> g0dfather

0
Peter

CD-RW DRIVE/CD Drive Not showing up under device manager.
Hola, I have a dvd-RW drive and a regular cd drive installed on my computer. Up until a few days ago it was working fine. Now it dosen't even show up under the device manager. I ran a compelte virus scan which came up with nothing. I tried using the Microsoft auto-fix program and it failed. I followed the instructions for a reg edit of the upper and lower files and still no sucess. I'm kinda at a loss here. The drives open fine I haven't installed or removed anything major recently that I can think of. Once I put a game or any cd in it just comes back err. canno...

Onenote print driver missing
Hello, I recently bought a new computer and re-installed my Office 2007. My computer runs the 64-bit version of Windows 7. All of my office programs seem to work fine except for onenote - I am unable to insert files as printouts or print any document with the onenote printer. I have run the Office Diagnostics several times and have tried repairing my installation of office but it has not fixed the problem. This is a really big problem for me and I can't find out anywhere how I would go about fixing this. Thank you! You can stop running diagnostics: http://blogs.ms...

Problem with drive/network paths in formulas
Hi there, I have a few worksheets that as part of their equations they reference other files on the company network. I have found though that sometimes the path coming up is from the drive mapping (i.e. G:\SALES\etc) and other times it is coming up with the full network path (i.e. \\SERVER\SHARE\SALES\etc). When it is coming up with the network path the formula then fails. Any ideas? ...

Microsoft Money CD wanted to buy.
I have a user who needs Microsoft Money Deluxe Edition Version 14.0.100.1105. Where can I buy this version. Thanks for any replies. Ebay or Amazon or use google to find others. -- Peace, BobJ "Mick" <Mick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D1EFD25-8859-459F-B7F2-162E3170B8EC@microsoft.com... >I have a user who needs Microsoft Money Deluxe Edition Version >14.0.100.1105. > Where can I buy this version. Thanks for any replies. ..1105 was a download service patch to the shipped M05 CDs. I'm not sure--doubt if--they ever slipstreamed this onto...

loaded office pro 07 1st cd & registed what about 2nd cd?
only promped for one cd ?????????????? I haven't loaded office from the retail cd so I can't be certain what the issue is. Did you select all the samples and other optional features? They may be on the second CD so you would only have to mount the second CD if you needed to install something from it. There may be other optional files that only need to be installed if your system needs them. Many options default to run from CD or install on first use so if you didn't change those to run from my computer, you may be prompted as you use the feature to mount the other CD. ...

Missing Outlook Calendar Items
How do I find my 2009 calendar appointments that have disappeared? "peppermint" <peppermint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:867B11D3-1728-4D28-9F14-AE292D418A86@microsoft.com... > How do I find my 2009 calendar appointments that have disappeared? Two places to look first: your Deleted Items folder and your Archive PST. If they're not in the former and you do not archive your calendar, answer this: do you sync with a handheld device? It would help if you state your Outlook version and account type as well. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outloo...

MOVING EMAIL BETWEEN DRIVES
I'm replacing my hard drive, which has Office 2003 and XP Pro, for a larger one. I will install a fresh copy of XP Pro and Office 2003 with most of the updates. My wife and I use Outlook for our mail under separate user accounts. After the new drive is running how does one transfer all the accumulated mail from the first drive, I assume this is possible? I have no idea where it's stored or if it is transferable. Upon completion I plan to delete the present C partition and use it for storage. TYIA Your emails are probably in a Personal Folders File (a .pst file). Open Outlook and go ...

problem burning cd
i have been trying to burn a cd on windows media player but once i have created my playlist which i made sure would fit onto the cd i simply get the message connect a burner and restart. i have a cd burner which i put the blank disk into so why cant i burn my cd? any help much apprciated On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 13:08:02 -0800, smooth <smooth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have been trying to burn a cd on windows media player but once i have >created my playlist which i made sure would fit onto the cd i simply get the >message connect a burner and restart. i hav...

save a file on a CD.
I want to save a file on a CD. When I try, I'm told it is not a legal operation ( or something to that effect) and that I must get permission from the 'Administrator". Who would that be?? If you're using File|SaveAs (or its xl2007+ equivalent), then you'll want to make sure that the drive you're using allows you to use it this way. One of my drives has a DLA (Direct Line Access???). This allows this drive to be used the way file|SaveAs would need. The other doesn't allow this. In any event, I wouldn't do this. I think it'll cause more tro...

Missing Exchange group
We just installed our Exchange 2003 server into our 55 Site. Though 55 I see 9 Sites. One of those sites only has an exchange 2000 server. When I look at the administrative groups in 2003, I only see 8 administrative groups. I looked for the missing administrative groups in adsi edit and it looks like a text file not a folder like the rest of the administrative groups. Has anyone seen this? Or have a way to fix this? Thanks,jb One of those sites has only an Exchange 2000 server? Then it is an Administrative Group? Is that the site you don't see? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange ...

USB stick Drive letter allocation
I have a USB memory stick which needs to be assigned as drive D - because that is where software is specifically writing to. However, if I boot up without the USB memory stick another drive (the CD) is allocated to the now missing drive letter and I have to re-assign both of them to regain drive letter D. Is there a way to stop D being assigned to another drive - even if there is nothing there at the time of boot up? Thanks. Bill Bill R wrote: > I have a USB memory stick which needs to be assigned as drive D - because > that is where software is specifically...

problem Backing up to thumb drives
When back up to a 4.0 gig cruzer lock thumb drive I get a dialog box that tells me "Money has filled the current disk" "Please insert Backup Disk 2 into the H:\ drive so that we may continue to build your backup." I have 2 of these drives, both have plenty of empty space available and the results are the same on both. I can use a 256 mb thumb drive to back up to without getting this message. Any ideas? Thanks, In microsoft.public.money, BJV wrote: >When back up to a 4.0 gig cruzer lock thumb drive I get a dialog box that >tells me "Money has filled the...

CD
how can i copy of information in outlook to CD Close Outlook - copy/paste. Be sure your CD burning software supports copying as well as burning. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. "Nick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3f5801c42b21$7e1ab090$a401280a@phx.gbl... | how can i copy of information in outlook to CD ...

Call missing from action menu
I installed windows live messenger to use windows live call, but when I go to the action menu, the only option for calling is "Call a contacts computer". I'm living in the UK, and I thought that Windows Live Call was available here. I can't find anything to say it isn't, but the whole system appears very poorly documented (or poorly googlable, at any rate). Why are the call options not showing up in my actions menu? Greetings Luke, Is your Windows Live profile actually set to the UK though? Messenger doesn't rely on your actual physical location but what you&...

Bug in outlook 2002 unable to send as a public folder (from filed missing / dimmed)
Hi all I would like to ask your help. Env: Exchange 2k outlook 2002 on w2k terminal server outlook 2002 on ordinary Xp workstation, and w2k prof workstation All sp and patch allpied The problem: I set on exch 2k pulic folder send as right to a test user. If this user try to send any post or reply on that public folder the from field (under view) nvisible. If i try to open a post I can see the from filed , but it is dimmed.(grayed out) No mater if outlook 2002 running on terminal, or XP - w2k workstation AD object right checked under exchange system objects with ADSI edit. all is well conf...

OMA/ActiveSync Virtual Directory missing in ESM
Hi, I have an Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Active/Passive cluster with two nodes running on Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition. This setup was upgraded from Exchange 2000 Enterprise Edition Active/Passive Cluster (2-nodes) running on Windows 2000 Advanced Server. The upgrade was done a few months back and things have run relatively smooth. I just noticed that the two virtual directories for OMA and Microsoft-Server-Active-Sync are missing from the ESM and from IIS. I searched everywhere and could not find a single article that talked about how to restore these virtuals on a clustered...

Problem savin in a Network Drive
Hi all!!! I'm having an anoying problem with Office Apps (Excel, Word, PowerPoint..). When I tried to save a file I alwais got the same error: "The Disk is Full" The File Server is a Windows 2000 Server + SP4 + Hotfixes, it has no quota and enought free hard disk I have tested the problem with clients running Windows 2000 + Sp3 + Office 2000 SP3, Windows XP Sp1 + Office XP Sp2, Windows 2000 Sp3 + Office 2000 Sp3 and always have the same error. Please any help will be wellcome.. Exactly how much Free space do you have and how big is the file "Charlie" <Charl...

Remove Drives from a Cluster
Hi All I am running Windows 2003 w/sp1 and Exchange 2003 w/sp1 in a two node active/passive cluster. I have two drives that are no longer being used and would like to remove them. There is no storage group or databases on the drives any longer. The cluster only shows that the Exchange system attendant has it listed as a dependency. What I would like to know is can I just remove the drives from the system attendant as a dependency and will this cause any problem with the cluster or system attendant and once that is done do I need to take the drives offline before deleting or can I just...

copy file to cd
when I copy a file that is not "read only", after it is copied to a cd it becomes "read only". How do I stop this from happening??????????? coolyus First of all.......you should never save to or open from removable media directly. Save to HDD then copy to the CD. Same when opening. Copy to HDD then open. The read only bit....... That is the default behaviour when saving/copying to CD. All depends upon how the files get "burned" to the CD. With regular Windows burning, they will always be read-only. If you were to use a packet writing application like Ne...

Money 2004 doesn't list available CD-R/CD-RW to back up to....
In Money 2004, why wouldn't it list an available CD-RW to back up to in the drop down box at Tools/Options/Backup? According to this article in the MS Knowledge Base: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=265130&Product=mny http://tinyurl.com/4bzoj ....it should list it, and on another machine that I have Money 2004 installed on, it lists the A: and a ZIP drive I have installed as D:, but no CD-RW drive. What am I missing that's keeping these two machines from seeing the CD-R/CD-RW as an available drive to write to? -- bill evans WHEvansIIINO@SPAMcharter.net Ha...

VB6 Data missing when writing to a text file.
Hi, I'm having a problem when writing text to a text file. My program opens the file and then periodically from different routines a line will be written to it. I close the file before ending the program. The problem is that some of the lines are not getting to the file. Could it be that the program is ending too quickly after Close statement ? Sample code: fname = "\Event_Log.txt" Err_Log_Filenum = FreeFile() Open App.Path & fname For Append As Err_Log_Filenum Then periodically: Print #Err_Log_Filenum, Format$(Now, "mm-dd-yy hh:m...

After a hard drive format
Before I format my hard drive (it's time)what files do I need to backup to retain my emails and email addresses? Where do I find them? Thanks, Marvin If you are using Outlook 2000/2002, search for files with the extension ".pst". The exact location will depend on what operation system you are using. Regards Darren PS within your newsgroups settings, change your e-mail address to something like marskyNOSPAM@mindspring.com. Newsgroups are where spammers gain their e-mail addresses from by using "spiders" or "web-bots" to gain details of such addresses. ...

PPT 2003 package for cd not working properly
I have a ppt presentation i am trying to package for cd distribution. It contains hyperlinks to word, excel, and ppt files. I select Package for CD and specify "Copy to Folder" Everything seems to go ok but when i go to the folder and run the Play.bat file, some information is missing. Some text boxes are simply not there, graphics are there but the hyperlink area is so tiny you almost can't even click on it. Does anyone know why this would happen? ...

Crashed hard drive
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) I had installed the Student and Teacher Edition of Office on my (old) home computer and my daughter's laptop (MacBook). I was planning to save my final installation for a new home computer. However, my daughter's hard drive crashed and needed to be replaced. Is it possible to use the old product key again to reinstall the one that was on the crashed drive? Or do I have to use my final installation to reinstall Office on her laptop? Thanks. As long as you don't use the same key on more than 1 stationary & 1 portable syste...

back-up to CD
I use money 99 and want it to back up to CD instead of a floppy. With this version I can't seem to change the option to CD. Is there any way to do this? Thank you. Deanna In microsoft.public.money, Deanna wrote: >I use money 99 and want it to back up to CD instead of a >floppy. With this version I can't seem to change the >option to CD. Is there any way to do this? You can back up to a hard disk, and then burn that .mbf file onto your CDR with the software that came with your drive. With Windows XP, you can back up to the "hard disk" that corresponds to...