write protect/write redirect/kios mode

Hey,

I LOVE snapshots in virtualmachines and think it would be awesome to
have something like this for my main windows install.

Anyone know of any hardware/software to redirect writes to another
drive/file/memory/hardware?

Or hardware to write protect a drive for kios's (i found some once
befor the reverted all changes on shutdown, but cant find it anymore
><)

I know VSS(virtual shadow copy service) has a function to redirect on
write and wondering if i might be able to use that :/

It will just make everything cleaner, and give alot of flexiblity to
setting up many setups with branching incremental backups :)

So anyone have any ideas? like the idea?

--
osarus

osarus

Email a Protected Sheet
How do you email a protected sheet? When I try it gives me the error message that "protected sheets cannot be saved as a web page". I could send as an attatchment, but this defeats the purpose of my form. -- Jeff Just click on File from your drop down menu and scroll down to Send To and select the method which best meets your needs. -- tenaj "GoBucks" wrote: > How do you email a protected sheet? When I try it gives me the error message > that "protected sheets cannot be saved as a web page". I could send as an > attatchment, but this defeat...

Is there a way for Windows Service to Read/Write HKCU Reg key ?
Hi: I'm writing a Windows Service program which needs to read/write the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry key for the current logged on user. I know that for a Windows service does not have concept of HKCU since it is always running in SYSTEM's context. But is there a way (trick?) for a service to access the HKCU registry key? Thanks In Advance ! Polaris Hello Try, from a user application (the one that is logged on, or the current user), to send the services the user's SID. Then access the HKCU through HKEY_USERS\users_sid\............ Hope that helps, Elias "Polaris&qu...

Write
I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested to use the Write mode to do this. What is Write, and how do I access it? Are you using voice recognition? Margins are simply changed in the Arrange Menu in Publisher. Are you in the right newsgroup? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CBC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:183bb01c44a40$107bd5d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested > to use the Write mode to do this. W...

Excel 2007 ribbon issue when in cell edit mode
I have the most basic tab created for the Excel 2007 ribbon, xml at end along with VBA After Excel starts, if I click my tab, my button is enabled and it works. After that, regardless of the state my current cell is in if I go back to my tab, my button is still enabled. However, if when I start Excel I immediately enter something into cell A1, then while still in edit mode I click my tab on the ribbon, I get a beep, and my button is not enabled. Furthermore, it will never become enabled short of disabling my add-in and reloading, or restarted Excel. Interestingly enough, i...

Removing Password protection.
I know the password to the Workbook. I need to remove the protection but, it is greyed out under Tools\Protection. I also tried to Save As\Tools\General Options but, it was greayed out there also. I do have Admn rights to this machine. Thanks in advance for your response and help. Do you have more than one sheet selected within the workbook? If so, Ungroup Also, if the workbook is shared, then you may need to unshare it "SFelmey" <SFelmey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4819D502-299E-4072-9AF6-F9B3CD16A7F6@microsoft.com... >I know the password to the...

write protect/write redirect/kios mode
Hey, I LOVE snapshots in virtualmachines and think it would be awesome to have something like this for my main windows install. Anyone know of any hardware/software to redirect writes to another drive/file/memory/hardware? Or hardware to write protect a drive for kios's (i found some once befor the reverted all changes on shutdown, but cant find it anymore ><) I know VSS(virtual shadow copy service) has a function to redirect on write and wondering if i might be able to use that :/ It will just make everything cleaner, and give alot of flexiblity to setting up ...

Cannot write to memory location
I can not (all of the sudden) run Publisher in the last week. When starting to run it, I get that it cannot write to a certain memory locaiton, so it is shutting down. I need to get this program working. I have read through this forum and tried the different fixes as well as the knowledge base (emptied the temp file, disabled anti-virus, etc.) but it still won't work. An example is: "The instruction at "0x77f585c0" referenced memory at "0x00000000". the memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program." The header read...

OFFICE 2000
Hi, I got Office 2000 installed on my PC, please tell me if there is any add-ins or upgrading to make it cabaple to protect a sheet but specify some certian sells to be unprotected, so users can change only these cells and check how the calculations goes. many thanks, AG Hi At start you have to lock/unlock the cells on Format.Cells.Protection tab (from menu Format, then Cells... etc.), after that protect the sheet. For cells set to 'locked' editing will be restricted, for cells set to 'unlocked' it will be allowed. -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address ...

Writing formula for excel worksheet
Item Rate1 Rate2 Rate3 A 3 4 6 B 8 5 23 C 56 5 78 Above is my excel sheet. I want to write some formula so that in every row cell having minimum rate should come bold. Like For Item A - Rate1(3) for Item B - Rate2(5) For Item C - Rate2 (5) There may be a neater way but this works. Somewhere in you sheet in a cell type =min(A1:a4), I used L1 Change this to watever range you are trying to evaluate. Then select this range and click format - conditional format - cell value - is equal to =($L$1) and apply your bold font. The lowest value in the range will then become bold. Mike "Gaur...

How to change to Debug/Release-Unicode mode in VC++
Hi all, How to build a project with Debug-Unicode mode, i only see Debug/Release mode, not Debug/Release-Unicode mode I installed Unicode MFC Libraries into VC++. Help me. Thanks. Hi Go to menu "build" and select the item "configurations...", a dialog will be opening. Now you have to do the followed steps: 1. Press "add" button 2. Give your configuration an name (i.e. "UnicodeDebug" or "UnicodeRelease") For Debug build: The combobox "copy settings from" should be seletcted to the ANSI debug version For Release build: The ...

Exchange 2000 MIX or Native mode?
Can I install Exchange 2000 in Windows 2000 AD mix mode domain or does really really have to be native mode? Thanks, On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:23:01 -0400, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >Can I install Exchange 2000 in Windows 2000 AD mix mode domain or does >really really have to be native mode? > > >Thanks, > Exchange 2000 / 2003 into an AD mixed is fine. ...

I can still select & manipulate locked & protected cells in '07
I have an Excel 2007 worksheet that rotates between locked and unlocked rows. I protect the document correctly (checking the boxes “select unlocked cells” & “format cells”), but I am still able to indirectly select and manipulate the locked cells. To do this I select an unprotected cell and drag the cursor vertically over any number of unprotected and protected cells and then end the drag on an unprotected cell. This highlights (and selects) both the unlocked & locked cells and I am able to manipulate all of them freely (i.e. changing the background color etc.). How can I...

hyperlinks open in ful screen mode
I have inserted hyperlinks to go to another Visio drawing. Is there a way I can have the linked to Visio drawing also display in full screen mode? ...

how do i write checkbox to.....
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050607000103070200020407 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit how do i write checkbox1 boolean to xml in vb6 i can only do cstr( checkbox1.value) but in vb.net can't write to xml. i am doing irc chat similar to mirc or pirch chat. rw.WriteConfigInfo("User Modes", chkInvisible.Text, chkInvisible.Checked, "PirateChat.xml") in procedure events: ' Both the Key and the Value are filled ' Find the key ...

Protecting a copyrighted database
Our company has compiled a very large database of products used in aprofessional field. We use this data to create catalogs fordistributors of these products (at a cost far less than what they canmanually do it themselves). Many of the distributors would like accessto our data to create their web sites.We would like to lease our database, but doing so would create aPandora's box scenario. Once we give it to them, we cannot get it backwhen the lease is up. A good half of these distributors do not feel wehave a valid copyright on our data as a collective body of work eventhough two different...

Write access to a LDAP server.
Is there any way to enable write access in Outlook to my LDAP server? The LDAP server allows this functionality, Outlook doesn't. Any plugins that can do this? Thanks. Derek ...

redirect my documents
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, How can I change the folder when my user want to insert an attachment?? = I would like to use an especific folder.. can I to do this?? thks, Jane ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> &l...

worksheet protection #6
Is there a way to prevent a protected workbook and worksheet from bein "saved as" a text file. I'm using excel 2002 and windows 2000 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com do you mean a "txt" extension file, or just being "Saved As" anything? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If I can prevent it from being "saved as" anything that would be great. I'm just trying to prevent the copy protection from being worked around. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Almost anything you do to try to stop t...

Writing a macro in Outlook 2007
Hello - I have been trying to create code in Outlook 2007 that will send an item to a specific printer. I realize there is no macro recorder in Outlook, and I am not a programmer, so I've been trying to manipulate code found on a Microsoft support page, without success. Does anyone know the code required to send an item to a specific printer, other than the default? Here is a sample of what I've found - it includes resetting the default printer: Sub MAIN 'Retrieve and set information about the current default printer Dim FPS As FilePrintSetup GetCurValues FPS ...

MULTI STORE ORDER WRITING-SIMPLIFY
Hi- We have 7 stores and need to simplify the order writing process. Is there any way to write POs for all of our stores without having to do each order separately? We would like for all orders to come up with the items we want to order, being able to change the quantities according to the store. Thank you in advance for your help. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0599_01C6CAFF.B4705610 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable J, Have you tried the 340 PO Planner worksheet? --=20 * Get Secure! - ...

"Client is not configured for protection"
Where I add a Windows 7 client computer to a "Servers" protection group, the Data Protection Manger Client looks like this Current Status: Client is not configured for protection Last synchronization attempt: (blank) Last successful synchronization: (blank) Synchronization schedule: (blank) Recovery point creation: (blank) Most recent recovery point: (blank) If I remove the computer form the "Servers" protection group and add it to a "Clients" protection group, all these fields are populated with data. Is this normal? If not, how to fix? Than...

Redirect Rule error in Outlook #2
Since now Google Groups closes message threads after 60 days and only "reply to author" stays available but not "reply" after that time, I create a new topic to reply to an old question. >10 Feb 2005 > I set up a rule to redirect my mail to an outside address and when I receive > mail from the outside once the mail arrives I get the following error > "The redirect action is not currently supported with Run Rules Now" the mail I > receive from the outside is pulled into my email box by a POP3 account. If I > send myself a mail through the Exchan...

Worksheet protection problem #2
Hi all, I have the following worksheet protection problem in Excel 2003. Replicaton of the problem: 1. In a worksheet, unlock the range A2:F6 (in fact any rectangular range will do). 2. in Tools | Protection | Protect Sheets: a. Protect worksheets and contents of locked cells b. Check the "select locked cells) check box. c. allow all users of worksheet to insert and delete rows. 3. Now highlight the range A3:F3. 4. Select Insert | Row. Note that you can allow to insert rows. Q: How can I delete rows?? Thanks for your advice in advance. Frederick Chow Hong Kong. ...

Re: Installed from CD, apps in "trial" mode
The preference files were moved to the Trash. I did the procedure again and here is what was deleted: com.microsoft.Office.prefs.plist com.microsoft.Excel.prefs.plist com.microsoft.Entourage.prefs.plist Office Font Cache (11) Microsoft Office ACL [English] OLE Registration Database 11 OfficeSync Prefs Custom Dictionary Office 11 First Run Entourage Preferences Proofing Tool Preferences com.microsoft.Entourage.plist Office Registration Cache 11 com.microsoft.OfficeNotifications.plist ...

About protected memory in COM(in-process)
Hello! For several years ago an in-process COM dll was deleloped using ATL/C++/MFC This in-process COM DLL was initially used from VB6 and it has worked ever since then and still works today without any kind of problem. It has never ever been any kind of problems with this COM dll. For about 7 month ago a C# asp.net webb application was deloped where this in-process COM DLL was used. When this C# asp.net webb was finished and put into test where the COM dll was called error began to appear. Not every time but far too often. It wasn't reliable. The errors that appear was the protected mem...