Windows Mail - deletion of opened messages

Recently I have been experiencing  problem with Windows Mail.
I can open an e-mail, read it and, then close it. If I should go into
another folder, return to the Inbox, the message that I just read is gone.
For some reason or, another it is being deleted from my Inbox and, can't be
found in the Delete folder or, anywhere else in my system.
I have been using Windows Mail and, Vista Home Preimum, 32 bit, for the last
5 or so years and, now, all of a sudden, I am having the above described
problem.

Would appreciate it if anyone can give me the solution to this problem.

Thanks
Thank you
--
Floridaguy

"Floridaguy" <Floridaguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently I have been experiencing  problem with Windows Mail.
> I can open an e-mail, read it and, then close it. If I should go into
> another folder, return to the Inbox, the message that I just read is
> gone.
> For some reason or, another it is being deleted from my Inbox and,
> can't be
> found in the Delete folder or, anywhere else in my system.
> I have been using Windows Mail and, Vista Home Preimum, 32 bit, for
> the last
> 5 or so years and, now, all of a sudden, I am having the above
> described
> problem.
>
> Would appreciate it if anyone can give me the solution to this
> problem.
>
> Thanks
> Thank you
> --
> Floridaguy

Have you inadvertently changed the 'Current View' to 'Hide read
messages' ?

Tom

0
Tom
4/28/2010 4:29:27 PM
View - Current view - Show all messages

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"Floridaguy" <Floridaguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently I have been experiencing  problem with Windows Mail.
> I can open an e-mail, read it and, then close it. If I should go into
> another folder, return to the Inbox, the message that I just read is gone.
> For some reason or, another it is being deleted from my Inbox and, can't
> be
> found in the Delete folder or, anywhere else in my system.
> I have been using Windows Mail and, Vista Home Preimum, 32 bit, for the
> last
> 5 or so years and, now, all of a sudden, I am having the above described
> problem.
>
> Would appreciate it if anyone can give me the solution to this problem.
>
> Thanks
> Thank you
> --
> Floridaguy

0
Dave

MMC error on opening exchange system manager
I get an error when opening: MMC has detected an error in a snap-in. It is recommended that you shut down and restart MMC. then I click to report or continue, if continue it opens up but you cant get into anything, in the right bigger window it says MMC could not create snap-in. The snap-in might have not been installed correctly. Name: Exchange System CLSID: 1b600aea-10ba-11d2-9f28-00c04fa37610 It has been working for a month fine, HELP! ...

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

open windows

Outlook email won't print from open message
Hi, Wonder if anybody has any idea how to deal with this one. Can't find anything in the knowledge base about this specific error. When an email message is opened in Outlook, choosing File + Print results in the following error message: Function address 0x77fcdf2a caused a protection fault. (exception code 0xc0000005) Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed. It does print from the print command when accessed directly from the header with a right click on the menu. In addition, since this problem cropped up, the same happens during some printing functions in IE 6 and wit...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

[Beta] Zero Search Results Message
I just conducted a search - it happens a lot these days, because I can't readily find anything at all with this crazy sortiment - and this was the result: http://cid-275b34cd4fcbe487.office.live.com/self.aspx/Screenshots/WLMail^_Beta^_No^_Search^_Results.PNG (if that works). Anyway, the message told me that no items matched my search and advised me thus: "On the 'View' menu, point to 'Current View', and then click 'Show all messages'." I'm lost in the jungle again. -- Noel "Ildhund" wrote in message news:#iRSdBDNLHA.1172@TK2MSFTN...

a previously saved page wont open now in PUBLISHER
I have saved a page containing all pictures and it always used to open up on demand. Now when I try to open it it comes up with the message "Publisher cannot open this page". I have tried several times to no avail. All other pages open up as required. Maybe some help here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "winlucy" <winlucy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51A89093-3241-4B91-8DAB-D10FE49A62DC@microsoft.com... >I have saved a page containing all pictures and it always used t...

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Receiving multiple copies of same mail
Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain emails. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Dave Dave, I dont know. However I have just posted more or less the same question. Lets keep in touch if either of us get a useful reply James >-----Original Message----- >Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain >emails. > >Thanks in advance for your suggestions. > >Dave > > >. > Have you tried choosing the File option from the menu bar in the Outlook program. Down in the list (you may have to expan...

filtering a mailing list
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by zip code? Autofilter. If you can't be bothered to type a detailed question, we can't be bothered to type a detailed answer :-) On 7/03/10 12:23 PM, in article 59bb412f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "tcmetrock@officeformac.com" <tcmetrock@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by > zip code? This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum matters unless you intend to pay! -- J...

How to stop inbound mail sent from invalid domains
I'm aware of senderID in Exch2003 SP2. I'm also aware that this does not solve my problem. We are getting hammered with spam...sent from fnord. Example: FROM: sdlkfjsd@udududud.tuuuu TO: ValidUser@MyCompany.com I understand that senderID is used to stop forgery (if the world+dog added SFP info to DNS zone and they have not yet) but SenderID goes above and beyond what I'm looking for...I'm asking for something more basic. How to I get exchange to drop email sent such that the server email address's domain is totally bogus? (Forget SPF records...the domain does not eve...

Organising mails
I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but not replied are shown up in a seperate color. I am able to set mails to me to be dispalyed in a different color (Tools --> Organise --> Using Colors) but am unable to set both "replied" & "mails to me" condition. Not sure if you can check the reply status of a mail item "attaboy" <attaboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16E41417-D234-4C19-A1B2-7C0E13598C15@microsoft.com... >I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but...

Windows recovery console

determine mail flow problem!!!!!!!!
Help! :-( Our mailflow from 2 backend 2003 exchange servers keeps queuing up in the outbound queue (which is set to always run delivery). Messages stay in there from 10 to 120 minutes before being sent to our gateway MTA and then sent off site (to hotmail.com for example). However when I telnet from a backend server to the gateway over port 25 and send a test message it goes right away. I can't for the life of me figure out why. One example when viewed in message tracking history says: 10:16am - smtp: store driver, message submitted from store 10:16am - smtp: message submitted to ...

Opening Files*
When I open an Excel file only the blank Excel screen comes up. Then I have to go to open and find it etc. How do I set up so files automatically open in the program they were saved on? Thank If you save all your excel files in a particular folder you set the default through Tools > Options then under the general tab. Type the path to the folder that you wish and when you select open excel will open tht folder. Is this what you meant? regards Murray >-----Original Message----- >When I open an Excel file only the blank Excel screen comes up. Then I have to go to open and find i...

Error message when trying to open an assigned task
I have users who are assigned tasks into their Outlook 2000 inbox. However when they try to open them they get the error message; Can't open this item. The property does not exist. The field you want to modify is not valid for this type of item. I have searched Technet for this error but only got one hit and that was to do with Outlook 98 and contacts so was not relevant. Any help on this would be appreciated. ...

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

No permission to open Publisher 2000 file in P2007
Trying to Open Publisher 2000 files from Publisher 2007 installed on new PC on network. I am told I don't have Permission yet they open easily from the original PC. Sharing is set, all other MS files open from old versions to new, just not Publisher, any ideas please? Ross in Oz wrote: > Trying to Open Publisher 2000 files from Publisher 2007 installed on > new PC on network. I am told I don't have Permission yet they open > easily from the original PC. Sharing is set, all other MS files open > from old versions to new, just not Publisher, any ideas please? ============...

Problem with outgoing mail
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'sukotto51@hotmail.com'. Subject 'Divided+Microwave+Plates+With+Lids+from+Collections+Etc.', Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'plus.smtp.m...