windows fails to start

PLEASE HELP !!!!
I have a Sony Vaio laptop with factory installed vista. It bought
it about  a year and a half ago. I tried to turn it on and am getting a
black screen with "windows boot manager" and the message :

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be
the cause.
To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer.
2. Choose your language settings and click next.
3. Click "repair your computer"

When I try to restart computer it won't let me get to boot options,
even when I push F8 it just goes back to the black screen, vicious
cycle........

I am about to throw it in the lake.:confused:
Someone please help.

--
bigslim13

bigslim13

All I know is throwing your computer in the lake is not a very good
alternative to perhaps contacting Sony Support for assistance.
http://esupport.sony.com/

bigslim13 wrote:
> PLEASE HELP !!!!
> I have a Sony Vaio laptop with factory installed vista. It bought
> it about  a year and a half ago. I tried to turn it on and am getting a
> black screen with "windows boot manager" and the message :
>
> Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be
> the cause.
> To fix the problem:
>
> 1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer.
> 2. Choose your language settings and click next.
> 3. Click "repair your computer"
>
> When I try to restart computer it won't let me get to boot options,
> even when I push F8 it just goes back to the black screen, vicious
> cycle........
>
> I am about to throw it in the lake.:confused:
> Someone please help.

0
Charlie
6/7/2010 5:45:25 PM
On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 12:45:25 -0500, Charlie the Tuna wrote:

> All I know is throwing your computer in the lake is not a very good
> alternative to perhaps contacting Sony Support for assistance.
> http://esupport.sony.com/

Although from the description of the problem throwing the computer in the
lake might be an appropriate move.

It sounds to me like hardware failure. A prudent move might be to back up
the old hard drive onto an external drive to capture as much of the user
data as possible, before the existing hard drive dies completely. Then get
a new computer (I'm being pessimistic).

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
0
"bigslim13" <bigslim13.4c6yod@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> PLEASE HELP !!!!
> I have a Sony Vaio laptop with factory installed vista. It bought
> it about  a year and a half ago. I tried to turn it on and am getting a
> black screen with "windows boot manager" and the message :
>
> Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be
> the cause.
> To fix the problem:
>
> 1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer.
> 2. Choose your language settings and click next.
> 3. Click "repair your computer"
>
> When I try to restart computer it won't let me get to boot options,
> even when I push F8 it just goes back to the black screen, vicious
> cycle........
>
> I am about to throw it in the lake.:confused:
> Someone please help.

Have you tried inserting your Windows installation disc and restarting the
computer, and then choose your language setting and clicking next, and then
clicking on 'repair your computer'?

John R.

0
John

Problem with starting Word 2007
I have a recurring problem with Word 2007. Every few days (I haven't figured out a pattern yet) Word 2007 will not start. All that shows up is the Word 2007 splash screen. In order to get past this I have to remove the normal.dotm file and reboot. Then I can bring up Word 2007. This problem started a few weeks ago and I have not installed anything new on the computer. I'm runnin Windows7 and MSOffice 2007. I've removed a few add-ons in order to pinpoint the issue but so far no luck. Questions: Has anyone seen this problem before? Does anyone have suggestions of wha...

Windows live mail

vlookup fails, and previous ones also now fail!
I sent a file to a colleague that has several vlookups in it so that she could adapt it for her reports. For some reason the vlookup has stopped working (it was OK when she first started changing values). For example, the first vlookup is =VLOOKUP(U4,'Audit tool'!$C$1:$F$514,2,0). In cell U4 is the text 1.1, and the vlookup returns the value appropriate from the audit tool sheet. In the next row is 1.2 and so on. If I change cell U4 to 1.2, it returns #NA, and if I retype 1.1 it still won't return a value. I opened another spreadsheet with lookups in and the same...

reinstalling windows

Windows Vista

Is it possible to show the week numbers starting from April
Says it all really. No, you can't set week 1 to occur in April "NickTheBatMan" <nickw7coc@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1143642773.857917.97470@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Says it all really. So all we can do is to set it to show the week from the start of the year, not very helpful to me... Any type of workround or is MS going to enable something like this for the millions of business users who would find this invaluable ? TIA Nick ...

Just started!
Project Cash Flow http://www.projectcashflow.com/index2.php?siteId=1288 ...

open windows

Windows pdate Status: Failed

opration failed a objeck cound not be found #2
jeff <jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Do you have a question? If so, post it in the body of the message, specifying your Outlook version, account type, exactly what you ARE doing, what you WANT to do, what folder you are in, what view you are using, and the EXACT text of any errors you get. -- Brian Tillman ...

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

MS Exchange and failed relay for secondary domain
I need to add a second domain set of e-mail addresses to our Exchange server. I have updated all MX records as required on the domain and added the second domain to the default recipient policy on the server. When trying to send an e-mail from outside our organization to the new address I receive: Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for newuseraddress@newdomain.com Remote-MTA: 192.168.8.17 When I telnet to the mailserver and use helo to try to send to the new address I receive: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for newuseraddress@newdomain.com The checkbox is checked in the defau...

Windows recovery console

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Windows update error

xml with inline xsl schema validation fails
Hi, I have an xml file with inline xsl when i try to validate with the schema it is throuing lot of errors is there any way to do this if i remove xsl and validate, it is woring fine Thanks madhumadala@gmail.com wrote: > I have an xml file with inline xsl when i try to validate with the > schema it is throuing lot of errors So you have one XML document which contains an XSLT stylesheet inline and you have an XSD schema document? Does the schema allow for the inline stylesheet? -- Martin Honnen --- MVP XML http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/ ...

How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?
I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet. Help! Thanks : ) Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b) Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer empty. If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering" set...

We can't sign you in to Windows Live Messenger
For several days I've been unable to sign in to Windows Live Messenger. I keep getting the same error: "Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later" Error code 80048820 I've clicked troubleshoot to try to fix this problem, but troubleshoot couldn't find anything wrong. I've tried to reset my password, but this doesn't seem to work, because on the change password page I have to enter those security numbers and letters but they don't appear. When I listened to the audio and...