WEIRD FOLDER

I have a weird folder under Local Disk/users/myname called:
{bd85e97f-d63c-40fc-8915-0b1859d829e3}

Is this folder needed?  If not can I delete it?

Thanks

Paul

0
PAUL

"PAUL" <pkoukos@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I have a weird folder under Local Disk/users/myname called:
> {bd85e97f-d63c-40fc-8915-0b1859d829e3}
>
> Is this folder needed?  If not can I delete it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul

It's most likely a temp folder used by installing of some program.  It
should be safe to delete.

0
Ezeloe
11/28/2009 3:38:07 PM
Ezeloe Blanche Cloeiss wrote:

> "PAUL" <pkoukos@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> I have a weird folder under Local Disk/users/myname called:
>> {bd85e97f-d63c-40fc-8915-0b1859d829e3}
>>
>> Is this folder needed?  If not can I delete it?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Paul
>
> It's most likely a temp folder used by installing of some program.  It
> should be safe to delete.

looks like a left-over Windows update folder
0
philo
11/28/2009 4:12:27 PM

"philo" <philo@privacy.invalid> wrote in message
> Ezeloe Blanche Cloeiss wrote:
>>

>> "PAUL" <pkoukos@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>> I have a weird folder under Local Disk/users/myname called:
>>> {bd85e97f-d63c-40fc-8915-0b1859d829e3}
>>>
>>> Is this folder needed?  If not can I delete it?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Paul
>>
>> It's most likely a temp folder used by installing of some program.  It
>> should be safe to delete.
>

> looks like a left-over Windows update folder

I thought that is what I said.  a temp folder used by an installation.
windows update is a software installation.

0
Ezeloe
11/28/2009 4:28:56 PM
PAUL wrote:
> I have a weird folder under Local Disk/users/myname called:
> {bd85e97f-d63c-40fc-8915-0b1859d829e3}
>
> Is this folder needed?  If not can I delete it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul

Put it in the recycle bin. Reboot. If all is well, empty the recycle bin.

Alias
0
Alias
11/28/2009 4:34:24 PM
Paul

Is it a configuration setting set in Notepad and 9KB in size ? Right click on the
file and select Properties. Let us know what it say's

--
Peter

"PAUL" <pkoukos@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>I have a weird folder under Local Disk/users/myname called:
>{bd85e97f-d63c-40fc-8915-0b1859d829e3}
>
> Is this folder needed?  If not can I delete it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul

0
Peter
11/28/2009 4:35:37 PM

"Stan Starinski" <China@stealsUSJobsPatentsSoftwareMusicVideo> wrote in
message news:uq1HfCFcKHA.2164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> don't touch that folder because you sound like you're not too deep into
> computers.

don't post because you sound like you are a mental case.  You're not too
deep into brain waves.

> it's a certificate for certain application, which application is difficult
> to say and on purpose - software makers issue security certs with cryptic
> names so neither you nor malicious attackers & hackers would have easy
> life tampering with it.
>
> You may Google for this complete or partial teststring, but chances are
> you won't see any search hits.

You should google the Wizard for a brain.

Just FYI.

0
Ezeloe
11/28/2009 5:50:34 PM
don't touch that folder because you sound like you're not too deep into
computers.
it's a certificate for certain application, which application is difficult
to say and on purpose - software makers issue security certs with cryptic
names so neither you nor malicious attackers & hackers would have easy life
tampering with it.

You may Google for this complete or partial teststring, but chances are you
won't see any search hits.

0
Stan
11/28/2009 5:52:03 PM
Eat shirt
0
Stan
11/28/2009 8:33:45 PM
It has 2 files in there:  pcouffin (setup info) and pcouffin.sys

> Paul
>
> Is it a configuration setting set in Notepad and 9KB in size ? Right click
> on the file and select Properties. Let us know what it say's
>
> --
> Peter

> "PAUL" <pkoukos@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>I have a weird folder under Local Disk/users/myname called:
>>{bd85e97f-d63c-40fc-8915-0b1859d829e3}
>>
>> Is this folder needed?  If not can I delete it?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Paul

0
PAUL
11/28/2009 11:54:22 PM
Again. Are those files pcouffin (setup info) and pcouffin.sys are in Notepad ???

--
Peter

> It has 2 files in there:  pcouffin (setup info) and pcouffin.sys
>
> "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Paul
>>
>> Is it a configuration setting set in Notepad and 9KB in size ? Right click on the
>> file and select Properties. Let us know what it say's
>>
>> --
>> Peter

>> "PAUL" <pkoukos@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>>I have a weird folder under Local Disk/users/myname called:
>>>{bd85e97f-d63c-40fc-8915-0b1859d829e3}
>>>
>>> Is this folder needed?  If not can I delete it?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Paul

0
Peter
11/29/2009 2:10:12 AM

"Stan Starinski" <China@stealsUSJobsPatentsSoftwareMusicVideo> wrote in
message news:u3cR2cGcKHA.808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Eat shirt

Don't like eating shirt.  Enjoy the crunchy Taco.  Do you make soft or hard
tacos at work?  Do you think outside the bun?

0
Zoya
11/29/2009 1:31:06 PM
Ezeloe Blanche Cloeiss wrote:

> "philo" <philo@privacy.invalid> wrote in message
>> Ezeloe Blanche Cloeiss wrote:
>>>

>>> "PAUL" <pkoukos@earthlink.net> wrote in message

>>> It's most likely a temp folder used by installing of some program.
>>> It should be safe to delete.
>>

>> looks like a left-over Windows update folder
>
> I thought that is what I said.  a temp folder used by an installation.
> windows update is a software installation.

yes...I was merely being more specific

no insult intended
0
philo

Weird Opening Document
Using Windows XP and Office 2007 I just received a Word 2003 document as an email attachment. When I opened the attachment, it launched Word 2003 on my system. Although Office 2003 still resides on my system, I am using Office 2007. I have received 2003 Word documents as email attachments before, and when I open the attachment it always launches Word 2007. Any idea what would cause an email attachment to launch Word 2003 this time??? My guess: Because the file extension was .doc and the default file format in Word 2007 is .docx Daddy "BK" <nosp...

Outlook Sent Item Folder
Hi everybody, I have a very strange problem, we have a network with exchange server, and outlook 2002 where the users work mostly offline, and syncronize their OST's every 15 min. One user when attempting to drag and drop a mail item from his "sent items" folder to another folder, the "From:" field (which should contain his name) of the receiving folder remains blank.If he works online that doesn't happen. That only happens with his name, and only with his account. The other user don't have that problem. I'm out of ideas, help please! ...

Hide folders
Vista Premium SP2 Is it possible to hide some of the C:\users\myname folders? "EndUser" <my@add.res> wrote: >Vista Premium SP2 >Is it possible to hide some of the C:\users\myname folders? Have you tried right-clicking the folder, choosing "Properties", and checking the "Hidden" checkbox? -- Tim Slattery Slattery_T@bls.gov http://members.cox.net/slatteryt "Tim Slattery" <Slattery_T@bls.gov> news:lpdki59vnllk9f7rbvn9vjoi7uhokar84b@4ax.com... > "EndUser" <my@add.res> wrote: > >>Vista P...

double personnal folders
Hi, I posted 2 messages yesterday afternoon, not only I don't get an answer, but they are not diplayed. So I try again. I need help. I have worked in Outlook 2000 for Win 98 SE for about 2 weeks only. I don't know what I did, but I have now 2 personnal folders : one called "personnal folders", the other one called "Outlook today personnal folders", with the same subfolders. Can you tell me how to get rid of one ? Thanks R click the Folder > Close -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jeanine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

I can't delete a pst folder-error message:an object could not be f
I exported a pst file and removed the e-mails that were exported I added the pst file later to find something I noticed an e-mail in the wrong folder and moved it to the correct location (not a good idea) now when I want to close the pst file I cannot - I get the error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I don't know which e-mail(s) I moved so I cannot move them back Is there any to delete the pst file? If you have any problems with pst file, you can try a tool called Advanced Outlook Repair. You can download a free demo version at http://w...

Sent mail saves in inbox folders
This is very strange and just started today. I have several folders set up for various email accounts. I have rules set up to filter the mail to right folder. All of a sudden today, Outlook, instead of saving sent items from one of the mailboxes is saving them in the folder for that account. I can't figure out what I did to change anything but this is a bit annoying. Not just the behavior, but not being able to figure out what I did. Any advice? TIA, Bob ...

Outlook: folders cannot be opened
I have just installed Outlookfolders product as found at www.outlookfolders.com. Server setup was fine. I installed it on my workstation also. Using Outlook beta 2. After fiddling with some settings, I got an error. Now, when I try to open Outlook 2003 beta, I get the following message: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists. Well, I am the administrator! Looks like it is trying to find folders on the Server and cannot see them. But ...

WEIRD FOLDER
I have a weird folder under Local Disk/users/myname called: {bd85e97f-d63c-40fc-8915-0b1859d829e3} Is this folder needed? If not can I delete it? Thanks Paul "PAUL" <pkoukos@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:992BA7CD-6A82-46CD-9876-B7F69E8401D3@microsoft.com... > I have a weird folder under Local Disk/users/myname called: > {bd85e97f-d63c-40fc-8915-0b1859d829e3} > > Is this folder needed? If not can I delete it? > > Thanks > > Paul It's most likely a temp folder used by installing of some program. It should b...

Cannot move some emial to folders?
Recently, when I attempt to move some emails from my inbox to a folder I get a "An unknown error has occured". This just started. Then the message, " The selected messages(s) could not be moved. An error has occured. What gives? Thanks! Rick Hi Rick, We recently had a similiar problem with Outlook Express, no error code but we just could not move or delete messasges. Turned out to be bloated deleted items folder. After emptying deleted items fodler and compacting functionality returned to normal. Hope this points you in the right direction. "rickyrick1956&q...

Personal Folder Backup #2
We now have the new Office 2003 running on a Windows 2000 Professional machine and I am trying to backup Personal Folders (.pst) files. I have done this before with the previous version of this tool but this time it is only working under the Administrator sign-on. I have downloaded and installed the pfbackup.exe file as per the instructions. When I open Outlook while signed on as the Administrator everything is peachy. I then sign-on as one of the other users on this PC and there is no Backup listed under File. In previous versions of this tool, I had to go into Tools, Options, ...

Outlook 2003 SP1 problem public folder
Hi, We have a problem about view the Public Folder by Outlook 2003 with SP1 from branch office. Our public folder store on master exchange server in central office. And I can use public folder from central office but I can't use it from branch office. Our System Servers : Exchange 2003 SP1 Clients: Windows XP SP2 + Outlook 2003 SP1 Does anybody have any idea? Evren Arslan "Evren Arslan" <earslan@iym.com.tr> wrote in message news:uuq4KiPkFHA.1044@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > We have a problem about view the Public Folder by Outlook 2003 with SP1 ...

weird symbol instead of comma in address?
I have Office 2007 and I am using the Publisher with the mail merge to populate the addresses in thank-you cards to be mailed out. The only problem is that the comma between the city and state does not look like a comma but a small right triangle without the hypotenuse. What do I need to do for the comma to appear correctly in the address? Are you using a decorative font? I can't duplicate your issue. Is the comma in the city field or are you manually adding it? Personally I don't use the comma any longer. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Susan" <dsnsac...

Recursive Searching In Public Folders
Is there a way to perform a recursive search down through the public folder hierarchy? We are running Exchange 2000 SP3 with Outlook 2000 clients TIA Andy No, I think you can only search one PF at a time. A PITA, isn't it? :) -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Andy Miller" <AndyMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBBF8517-0662-407D-A44A-2CE64A5FE888@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to perform a recursive search down through the public > folder > hierarchy? > >...

Folders in Webmail
I created contact folders in Webmail, but when I create a message, the folders are not available. Anybody know how to fix? Gary Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a more appropriate newsgroup, such as microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Gary" <gkirkham@comcast.net> wrote in message news:e%232Dn$EVIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I created contact fol...

Weird shifting
I have two odd things happening in my document that I don't *think* are related, but who knows...? I'm using Word 2007 and I have a template that I created specifically for this document. It is a very convoluted template based on obsolete military style guides that I have no say in. I have 7 heading levels and each heading level has numbered procedural steps. Each heading level indents one step from the next higher heading, so by the time I get to the highest heading level my left indent is about 3". Crazy, but like I said, I have no say in the format. Anyhoo... w...

Weird Spacing Problem
I have two users that when they type an email in CRM and then click Save, it adds about 15 to 20 line spaces at the top of the document. To test, I used the same Contact, clicked email, then Save and it didn't do it for me. But then I had him go in to that Contact and open the email I had just created and it immediately added 15-20 lines at the top (that he can't get rid of). If he sends the email it leaves the lines and appears like it's a big, blank email. Anyone seen anything like this? I thought at first maybe it was an OL 2003 thing because I'm still on 2000, but I t...

Lost unread mail folder -- OL2003
for some reason my UNREAD Mail folder has disappeared from my favorites in Outlook 2003. Any Ideas how I can get it back and to work as original? Thanks in advance Davis The favorites is just a shortcut to the Search Folder. Rightclick it and choose Add to Favorite Folders If it's not there recreate it by righvtclicking Search Folders and choose New Search Folder... -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic ...

Mount exchange publice folder store
When trying to mount the public folder store I received an error: The store could not be mounted because the Active Directory information was not replicated yet. You can either: -press Cancel and mount store later from its context menu or, -press Retry to let Exchange System Manager keep trying to mount store for you. **The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service could not find the specified object. ID no:c1041722 -I've tried articles: 312872,827283,and 8233017. ...

Importing to public folder
How do I import contacts into a public folder? I have a contact public folder that I need to import hundreds of new contacts. If I go to file-import-choose file, it only allows me to import them to my contacts. E2k sp3 w2k sp4 outlook 2003 do you have permissions on the public folder calendar? did you select the public folder calendar before you tried to import? what kind of file? a pst? excel? "Eric K" <EricK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D30A5885-55FF-42FC-A8FD-EDC5412CDE6E@microsoft.com... > How do I import contacts into a public folder? I have...

Folder Redirection ???
I have a 2008 domain with a 2003 terminal server. I'm trying, through group policy, to get folder redirection to work for 'my documents', but so far I can't. I'm not getting any error messages. Anyone have any idea or suggestions? "Matthew" <no@example.com> wrote in message = news:%23iB4woExKHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a 2008 domain with a 2003 terminal server. I'm trying, through=20 > group policy, to get folder redirection to work for 'my documents', = but=20 > so far I can't. I'm not getting any e...

Public Folder Replication
Hello I have 2 sets of 4 node exchange cluster (3-1) on different sites but connected by Fibre so as to appear on the same LAN I have Public Folder replication between exchange virtual server on first cluster set with another exchange virtual server on the second cluster set When I look at the Folders-->Public Folders-->"a folder name" .. I see that the size is different on some public folders even though the number of items is the same Whats going on? Are they replicated successfully even if the size differs ( very small amount ) when the items show the same ???? To...

Views in MS Outlook Folders
I have a problem in that I have an archive of my email setup and I want to be able to set the archive so that all additional subfolders are sorted by the date received. I have tried setting the top folder level so that it is sorted by these credentials but still some of the folders below sort by different categories ie From. Any ideas? Paul Unfortunately in Outlook there is no way to set a view on one folder and have it migrated to other folders. Views in Outlook are maintained on a folder by folder basis. You will need to change the view on each folder individually. I hope this i...

Find all the files in a folder
I had been using the FileSearch function to locate all the files of a particular type in a folder. Office2007 appears to have replaced that function with a FileSystemObject class, but i can't get that to work. Here is what I had been using. Any help would be appreciated. Set fs = Application.FileSearch With fs .LookIn = Range("C7").Value .SearchSubFolders = True .FileName = "*.csv" If .Execute() > 0 Then Row = 1 For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count Hi Phil This works in 2007 although it is not clear from your co...

Is there a way to have two separate macro folders?
I found help for putting macros out in a common area for a whole department to use (have not tried yet, though). I was wondering if there was a way to have separate macro folders: one for personal macros I use, and another for macros that a department or company would use. That way if I needed a macro I seldom use or others seldom use we could switch folders, without too much trouble. Thank you. Have you tried a Network Drive for the common macros and your C:\ drive for personal macros? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ALWAYS post your Outlook version! Post all rep...

Weird scrolling problem with folders
I am having a really weird problem with my storage folders and scrolling to the bottom folder in the list. At the bottom of my email account list ( I have 15 email accounts, mostly imap), I have Outbox and underneath it Storage folders. I have a dozen or so folders in storage folders. When I expand storage folders and try to scroll down to the last item and click on it, the list will jump up , it will frequently jump back up a couple of items, and I can't see the bottom of the list. Does anyone have a bunch of folders in Storage folders, and does this happen to you? YOu have ...