Vista not starting

Hi!

My Dell Dimension/Vista Home Premium SPlatest has been running reasonably
troublefree for thre years. Last week, the machine would come up to the
'Micrsosft Corporation' progress bar and progress away to glory.
Sometimes a restart would work, sometimes not.
The third time it happened, I found it wouldnt start even after three
restarts
It started on safe mode. I went back to normal mode and (I think) it did not
start. Or maybe it ddid.

I chanced to look at Event Viewer ( people should make it a practice to do so
in the event of unexpected situations) and found a DHCP failure (along with
many many other failures of DCOM related issues):::An anonymous session
connected from 219.85.135.91 has attempted to open an LSA policy handle on
this machine. The attempt was rejected with STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED to prevent
leaking security sensitive information to the anonymous caller.::::
About 20 or so network services had failed:

I was using a specific IP on one NIC connected to a broadband modem. Last
week, in order to see if frequent disconnections could be avoided, I changed
it to Dynamic IP.
It works fine: but it appears if the modem is on and a session is started;
and the PC is switched off without switching off the modem, the session IP
remains allotted on the DHCP server; and on restart, in some condition, the
NIC was asking for 192.168.1.2 which was already allotted.

I am not at all sure this analysis is right: will be very glad if I am
corrected: but on putting back the Use this IP : the problem has vanished.

Dell Dimension E-520 Vista Home Premium SPlatest/two NICs connected to to two
broadband modems ( One in bridge mode with static IP on NIC, one normal)/ AND
one USB broadband modem!!

Mohan

bnmohan

Hi dude, I am pity on your problem. I don't have enough idea on this,
but definitely some one will help you regarding the same.

--
weinerburg

'certified accountant milton keynes' (http://www.connollyholmes.com/)

weinerburg

VISTA
When I go to save my excel 2007 worksheet which is running in compatibility mode because I have VISTA I get DOCUMENT NOT SAVED can anybody help? Thank you -- Paula Paula, Your Excel 2007 is not running in compatibility mode because of Vista. Compatibility mode means you have opens a old Excel file made with a version that pre-dates XL 2007 Form the Start menu open Excel. It will open with a blank XL 2007 workbook Add some data and Save Tell us what happens best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "PaulaC" <P...

Starting up on start-up help!

page_fault_in_nonpaged_area on vista
Hp lap top, had my first bsod. had not changed anything in 6 days just surfing web. It was slow, and rebooted. bsod. I am in safe mode with network now, if i load into reg vista, it bsod. Here is what I have tried so far. not in any real order Restore to last up date 5/7 Failed restore to 5/4 failed, Restore to day before I added antivirus software 4/29 failed Ran spybot, safe mode Ran cc cleaner safe mode Ran chkdsk c:/r 8 bad sectors. Finally here. This is my work cpu, and i need to get the invoicing out. I have it backed up. I can access it through here. I will say this l...

When I start Notes, always showed "Runtime Error!" why?
I use outlook2000. Each time when I start the "Notes", it always showed "Runtime Error! abnormal program termination" , then the OL shut down.I repaired the office 2000, but it didn't work. Who can tell me why? TKS a lots. Litchee <wonfer@hotmail.com> wrote: > I use outlook2000. Each time when I start the "Notes", it always > showed "Runtime Error! abnormal program termination" , then the OL > shut down.I repaired the office 2000, but it didn't work. > Who can tell me why? TKS a lots. I can't tell you why, but you ma...

Outlook 2003 crashes and restarts in Vista
Hi all! I'm hoping to get some help from all of you! After my laptop installed some updates it started to crash Outlook whenever I'm writing an email. I have re-installed Outlook and even uninstalled some of the updates I thought would be conflictive, however it still happens. Here's the error I'm getting: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE Application Version: 11.0.8312.0 Application Timestamp: 4a403990 Fault Module Name: OUTLLIB.dll Fault Module Version: 11.0.8313.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 4a793...

Vista not starting
Hi! My Dell Dimension/Vista Home Premium SPlatest has been running reasonably troublefree for thre years. Last week, the machine would come up to the 'Micrsosft Corporation' progress bar and progress away to glory. Sometimes a restart would work, sometimes not. The third time it happened, I found it wouldnt start even after three restarts It started on safe mode. I went back to normal mode and (I think) it did not start. Or maybe it ddid. I chanced to look at Event Viewer ( people should make it a practice to do so in the event of unexpected situations) and found a DHCP f...

how to install php on vista
I try to install php on window vista by running window installer from php.net. But in Configure IIS, I can not find add new extension (.php) in IIS manager. Also there is no php5isapi.dll in php folder. I try to run test.php on localhost, it gives error message "The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration." Need help to solve this problem. Thanks. On 09 Apr 2010, =?Utf-8?B?eW9yaw==?= <york@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in microsoft.public.windows.vista.general: > I try to install php on window vista by running wind...

Windows XP Start.wav / Start Navigation sound isn't working
Hello, and thank you for reading my post. For some time now, I noticed that my PC's "click sound", which normally appears while surfing in IE 6, wasn't working. I'd learned that I'd need to visit the Start Navigation sound in Control Panel-->Sounds and Audio Devices, and select Windows XP Start.wav...which I'd do, but it wouldn't stay in place as soon as I clicked on "Apply". Because of this issue, and others, too, I reinstalled a "clean" version of Windows XP SP2, and then upgraded it (&, by extension, IE 6) to SP3,...

Microsoft RMS POS 2.0 & Vista Home Premium
We just purchased a new PC with Vista Home Premium, and we plan on buying Microsoft RMS POS 2.0. Will version 2.0 of RMS POS run on Vista Home Premium? Thanks, Tom While RMS does on on Vista very well, in my opinion but you will want to make sure that all of addional POS hardware will work with Vista as well i.e. scanners, printers. etc... I know that the TPI plug-in from Mercury is not compatible with Vista and neither are the Mini MIRC check readers from Magtek. Having the ability to process checks is not as critical as it once was, as alot of retailers will no longer accept check...

MSExchangeIS will not start
I cannot get the information store to start (SBS "K SP1). I traced the error to MS KB183179 and went through the causes and resolutions offered. In reference to that article, the following are true, 1. The server IS still happily in the Exchange servers group. 2. Inherited rights have not been removed. 3. The information store object does exist (seen in ADSI edit). 4. ADSI Edit shows that there are denies for this object but they cannot be removed. So, I assume those denies are supposed to be there. Is there anything I am missing or is there any other known route to a resolution of this...

Starting IE 6 prompts for publisher 2003 install
Whenever I start IE 6 I get prompted to configure and then install Microsoft Publisher 2003. It fails because the install cd is not available. Is there a way to stop IE from prompting for this while I figure this out, short of uninstalling publisher. I've tried 1- repairing the publisher install (fails because I don't have the cd) 2- making the ie default editor notepad 3- reseting IE to its defaults 4- using regmon to see if there is a key I can alter (results are overwhelming) Any ideas on how to sever this connection between the 2 apps IE 6 and publisher 2003? ...

Windows Vista and 2 Gb RAM?
Hi, Some people on the XP Discussion told me that Widows Vista only really runs well if it has 2Gb RAM. I know that the Upgrade advisor states a lot less, and that the Minimum system requirements is less also. Is this 2Gb need/want true, in what cases, and why? Is it just that Vista runs much smoother on 2 GB RAM? Thank you. Brian Having 2gig of RAM is a lot better than having 1 GIG or even 512MB. Go for it and you will not regret it -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. ...

Calendar start day
How can I change the start day for a calendar to Monday (instead of the default Sunday)? Hi Geoff Phillips (gph@luther.vic.edu.au), in the newsgroups you posted: || How can I change the start day for a calendar to Monday (instead of || the default Sunday)? This is determined only by the localization setting of the PC that is running Publisher 2003. This setting cannot be manually changed. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

How do I set default start time, File-New-Meeting "start time"
when we point on a date in the furture - and then click on "File", "New", "Booking" - then thus form starts at 23:59 the day BEFORE .... I would like to have to start on the same date - and mayby at 08:00 ... Will it possible to change the start time? What happens if you double click on the date or time period? If you use month view, you'll get all day appointments, if you use a day view with time periods, you'll get an appointment for the time period. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook ...

Favorite feature about Vista
The favorite feature about Vista on my opinion is the Aero that it has. It creates a more visual look on the window and makes the graphics look better. I sent a message to Laredo Community College and I CCed Alejandra, so I hope Alejandra gets the message that this is not email. "Alejandra Contreras" <i1405104@cisnet.laredo.edu> wrote in message news:uY2t40AsKHA.4284@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > The favorite feature about Vista on my opinion is the Aero that it has. > It creates a more visual look on the window and makes the graphics look > better....

Outlook 2007, Vista and Unread Mail
Unread Mail no longer displays the number of new unread mails; instead, folders with new mails are displayed in bold. But when I click on Unread Mail, I can read the mails that are new. How can I get Unread Mail to display the number of Unread Mails, and the folders containing new emails to NOT be displayed in bold? -- Thanks, John Hi John, What happens if you right click on the Unread Mail folder and click properties? Is the "Show number of Unread Items" radio button selected? -- Benjamin Gay [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confe...

Installing an "Startup on Login" App on Vista or Windows 7?
To install a .NET app on XP so that it launches when the user logs in, all you had to do was add a folder named Startup to the User's Programs Menu object the Setup project's file system, and create a shortcut in that folder that runs the app's primary output. This does not seem to work with Vista or Windows 7, apparently due to the different location on the disk for the Start menu folder tree. What's the trick to get this to work on either XP, Vista or Windows 7? ...

Task Scheduler in Vista to launch a script ?
I would like to use Task Scheduler in Vista to launch a script, IF the laptop changes from A/C power to Battery power. and I want a second task to monitor when the laptop returns from battery to A/C power. I need help, I can not determine what settings to use once I select event as my triggers. Can any one help ? ...

MSAccess2003 and Vista
I am running an access 2003 application as a Client Server, with the front end on users PCs and the _be on the server. Until now all pcs have been using WindowsXP. A new HP laptop has been purchased with Vista. I had difficulty initially running the application and relinking the _fe to the _be on the server -which is normally a straight forward operation with an XP machine but was unstable with the Vista machine. Eventually after a few tries I got the link working and the application worked fine for an hour or so but then just fell over. I have done the same thing a number of times but ...

If I get 'access denied' one more time with Vista I am going to go to Linux : I hate Vista, I despise Vista. I absolutely hate Vista!
From a 17 year user of windows. I no longer trust Microsoft and will not buy Windows 7, maybe never. "U S Army Veteran" <someone@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7Wdnfh2e4m3HYPWnZ2dnUVZ_tWdnZ2d@giganews.com... > From a 17 year user of windows. I no longer trust Microsoft and will not > buy Windows 7, maybe never. Sounds like you are too stupid to use Windows. You are a perfect candidate for that crappy Ubuntu. Get with Alias, he will be happy to get another user. Don't let the screen door hit your ass on the way out On Tue, 08 Dec 2...

Publisher using Vista Home Basic
I am using vista home basic and have installed Office Home & Student plus Publisher 2007. Initially in Publisher I was able to access all options of template but after changing the business logo I can only access flyers and blank pages. I have uninstalled both programs and reinstalled but still have the same problem. Would appreciate feedback. What happens if you delete the logo out of the Business Information, can you access the other templates? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Deidre" <Deidre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF1B7F85-3...

CAsyncSocket on vista
We have a Windows service which is a part of our product which uses CAsyncSocket to communicate with another EXE running on the same machine. I have used VC++6.0 to compile the code for the both the service as well as the EXE. The interprocess communication works fine on Win XP, Win2000, and other versions of Windows for the last 5 years. I compiled the programs on Windows Vista using VC++ 6.0. The 'win32 debug' configuration build seems to work fine. However in the 'Win 32 release' configuration build, the socket communcation fails. I ran the service using a debugger, ...

how to start tls in outlook 2003
in order to send email I am getting the message that I must "STARTTLS" ?? in Thunderbird there is an option to start tls if available how do I do this in Outlook 2003? Thanks much -- I found the spot -- had to check ssl required nelsrph. "nelsrph" wrote: > in order to send email I am getting the message that I must "STARTTLS" ?? > in Thunderbird there is an option to start tls if available how do I do this > in Outlook 2003? ...

filter driver & embedded signature in vista-64
Is it possible to embed a signature in my x64 class filter driver? If so, does this eliminate the need to distribute an associated catalog file? Thanks dmm If the driver is installed using an INF file, then a signed security catalog file is required. Legacy (non-PnP) drivers that do not use an INF file are signed by signing the driver binary. IIRC boot-loaded drivers must have the driver binary signed - possibly in addition to having a signed security catalog file. Good luck, Thomas F. Divine "dmm" <dmm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Vista Upgrade
Hello... when I attempted to upgrade from Windows XP to Vista I experience the following problems. But the hardware compatibility I have met. Now the problems: - Ran the DVD and attempted a basic upgrade _corrupted file at 80% of install from DVD~are versions used was 32-bit -" " basic upgrade_fail -" "full installation_fail - finished the installation and rebooted but did not upgrade returned back to windows XP -" "finally ...