Very strange laptop battery problem?

my laptop is a HP CG60-243CL and its about 7 months old. Whenever i
would put my battery charger into my laptop it says "plugged in, not
charging" this is when it's on. Most particularly it has a blinking LED
light on the charging icon (Lightning bolt icon). However, when i charge
it when it's put on shutdown/sleep/hibernate the LED light (The
lightning bolt icon) has a solid white light. So therefore it is
charging. Does anyone know the reason why my laptop is acting this way?

--
gamobigz
gamobigz's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/168822.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
gamobigz

"gamobigz" <gamobigz.43zmbb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> my laptop is a HP CG60-243CL and its about 7 months old. Whenever i
> would put my battery charger into my laptop it says "plugged in, not
> charging" this is when it's on. Most particularly it has a blinking LED
> light on the charging icon (Lightning bolt icon). However, when i charge
> it when it's put on shutdown/sleep/hibernate the LED light (The
> lightning bolt icon) has a solid white light. So therefore it is
> charging. Does anyone know the reason why my laptop is acting this way?
>

> --
> gamobigz
> gamobigz's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/168822.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1287595.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Contact HP's support site for further information on your laptop.  We would
have to do the same search for information you would have to do to obtain
the same information.

www.hp.com

0
LVTravel
12/30/2009 3:34:14 AM
Please repost your inquiry in the HP notebook forum:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Hardware/bd-p/Hardware

gamobigz wrote:
> my laptop is a HP CG60-243CL and its about 7 months old. Whenever i
> would put my battery charger into my laptop it says "plugged in, not
> charging" this is when it's on. Most particularly it has a blinking LED
> light on the charging icon (Lightning bolt icon). However, when i charge
> it when it's put on shutdown/sleep/hibernate the LED light (The
> lightning bolt icon) has a solid white light. So therefore it is
> charging. Does anyone know the reason why my laptop is acting this way?

0
Leroy
12/30/2009 3:36:52 AM
gamobigz wrote:
> my laptop is a HP CG60-243CL and its about 7 months old. Whenever i
> would put my battery charger into my laptop it says "plugged in, not
> charging" this is when it's on. Most particularly it has a blinking LED
> light on the charging icon (Lightning bolt icon). However, when i charge
> it when it's put on shutdown/sleep/hibernate the LED light (The
> lightning bolt icon) has a solid white light. So therefore it is
> charging. Does anyone know the reason why my laptop is acting this way?

Charger not putting out enough to charge while operating? Check for a
higher output charger.
0
Airman

Strange Output
Hello, everybody !!! Why this fragment of code shows : ac cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; Thanks All !!! "Alex Dmitriev" <firejump@mail.ru> wrote in message news:ecTgPp8pEHA.3800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, everybody !!! > Why this fragment of code shows : ac > > cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elconTrigraphs.asp '??/' is a '\' so you end up with "a\\\bc" http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elc...

Excel Object showing strange behavior
Hello, I have a sheet that I created that contains an Excel object (small spreadsheet) that when double clicked, will open up and allow it to be populated. After they populate it, and close it,...the data is automatically reflected in the object on the original sheet. This is shared with everyone and it's working great. BUT.....(always the but) Why have a few people sent the form back to me saying that when they double click the object it opens up a "Format Object" dialogue box rather than the editable sheet that it was supposed to do? They sent it back to me and sure enough...

Problems with sharing a workbook
We've got a weekly accuracy check spreadsheet that's on another drive and accessible to me and another co-worker. Normally, we work on it at different times of the day, but this week we decided to make it accessible to both of us for simultaneous editing. The data was first filtered to hide duplicates, then sorted by Employee ID and Date. I then went to Tools>Share Workbook, checked the box for sharing, and saved the workbook to our "G" drive. Then, the trial run: we both accessed it, I had him color-fill the last row and save. I then saved it on my computer. ...

Cannot access Outlook on my desk top from my laptop
I have a Roadrunner address with Outlook as my primary, on my desktop. But I cannot get to my Outlook using a laptop. Note: I can get to Hotmail, my secondary, using the laptop or another computer. Obivously, the primary is important. Can you detail the steps you're taking? "DCW" <DCW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF21BBB7-2104-4C27-813F-8073234259F7@microsoft.com... > I have a Roadrunner address with Outlook as my primary, on my desktop. But I > cannot get to my Outlook using a laptop. Note: I can get to Hotmail, my > secondar...

Balance problem with Microsoft Money
I am running Microsoft Money 2004 on a PC running Windows 2000. About a month ago, I started noticing a problem with the balance of my checking account that appears on all of the summary screens. The balance is always less than what is should be. I have 4-5 other account which all appear fine. The balance is correct when I look at the detailed listing of the transactions of that account. All of my other accounts, investments, bills, etc are working fine but only problem is the account balance for the one account. All my accounts are correctly downloading statements from the internet. M...

hyperlink problem
OS is Windows XP Home. I recently switched from AOL to Comcast cable and am using Outlook Express as my e-mail client. When I get an email with a hyperlink, I cannot click on that hyperlink and go directly to the website. I can do nothing but write it down on a piece of paper and go into explorer and type it and go that way. I cannot cut and paste - it won't let me! I have reloaded IE6 with the SP1 updates and am getting the same problem. Any suggestions on what else I can try? Thanks, Sam You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You Click a Link: h...

Stock quote problem.
Money 2006 Canadian edition. This morning my Canadian stock and exchange traded fund quotes are out by a factor of 1000. Mutual funds and American stocks seem to be correct. Anyone know anything about this? In microsoft.public.money, Wally wrote: >Money 2006 Canadian edition. This morning my Canadian stock and exchange >traded fund quotes are out by a factor of 1000. Mutual funds and American >stocks seem to be correct. Anyone know anything about this? I saw several anomalous high prices when I updated prices earlier. The next time I updated prices, it was down to only 2....

Exchange Permissions--Strange One
Hi by default, domain admins (and ent. admins) are denied "receive as" and "send as" permissions to the mailbox store. additionally, by default, on the exchange advanced tab under the mailbox rights button, domain admins are DENIED Full Mailbox Access. However, if you look at the security tab for each user object, by default domain admins are allowed "send as" and "receive as" permissions. now i know that the "receive as" right is ignored on the ad user object, but i ran a small test. i logged on as a domain admin, opened up the domain admin...

Mailbox Manager Policy Problems
I have an Exchange 2000 server with approx 95 users. My organziation recently put an email retention policy into effect and we are using the mailbox manager to delete old mail after 120 days. The problem is that some mailboxes aren't getting touched at all, some are working ok, and others are having one or two folders omitted. We are deleting messages from Sent Items, Inbox, Deleted Items, System Cleanup Folders, and have also checked the All Other Mail Folders. Size is set to any and age is 120 days. Any help will be rewarded with monkeys in clown suits. Thanks in advance... mkfarr...

Interesting Rule Problem and "on other computer"
I pulled my old .pst into a clean installation of Outlook 2003. I then saw that my rules were there, and downloaded my mail. No where to be found. I saw them come in (over 1000 mails!) - but they were not in the inbox, not anywhere. I even did a search for emails that were newer than yesterday, and nothing popped up. Then, later, I realized that the rules were set to something like "other computer" or something like that. That designation was removed when I went in and edited each and every rule and made sure that all items were pointing to the right places. The strange thing was...

User Breakpoint problem
I'm using VC++ 6.0. I get a message similar to this one: "User Breakpoint called from code at: 0x77f2706f" I found a description of this problem in the MS Knowledge Base (article 148455), it says that it is a bug in MS VC++ and it has a resolution for it. It tells me to use the following code: CSharedFile file; // Do stuff to fill in the CSharedFile HGLOBAL hGlob = file.Detach(); #if _MFC_VER <= 0x0600 ::GlobalUnlock(hGlob); #endif But this is done with MFCs, and I am NOT using MFCs and I have never even heard of the CSharedFile class. Can anyone t...

Excel Problem
Last night Excel started messing up on my computer. Dell Computer about 6 years old. Windows XP Pro, MS Office 2002. Open a spreadsheet, Excel opens to a blank spreadsheet and then says it has encountered an error and shuts down. Error appears to be something about a kernel 32.dll (not sure). Tried detect and repair, safe mode, nothing works. Does it from a file open, shortcut or program launch. Need some advice. Google is your friend http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=kernel32.dll&aq=3&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=kernel&gs_rfai= -- Don ...

Problem with sum across worksheets
Hi, I have several applications where I keep monthly data on tabbed worksheets, labled Jan07, Feb07, Mar07... I also add a worksheet I usually call RangeEnd that acts to stop sums for ranges. It has been my practice to make a year end worksheet that would have the same shape data structure and place in each cell the formula "=sum(Jan07:RangeEnd!A1)" and copy it into all the appropriate cells for which I want summed data. This seems to work just fine so long as the sells I am summing are not themselves sums. For example, if cell C1 holds a value, say 10. The C1 cell in th...

Strange Email failure error
Can anyone help? Using Outlook 2002 and POP3 mail. I've always been able to send emails to my wife's work email address until this week, when I get this very strange failure notice. "Connected to 213.2.49.230 but greeting failed. Remote host said: 421 reppsrv01.repp.co.uk is not accepting new connections. Please try later I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long." Does anyone know what the hell this means? thanks -- Google is your Friend Email address deliberately false to avoid spam: gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk www.gbpcomputin...

Bitmap problem
Hi, I create a bitmap in ms photo editor. I then import this bitmap as a new bitmap resource. MSVC6 says "the bitmap has been imported correctly, but because it contains more than 256 colours, it cannot be displayed in the editor". Thats fine, but when i run my application showing the bitmap, the colours are all screwed up. Can I only display 256 colours? Then I save my original bitmap in 256 colour format, re-import, but the colours are still screwed up? What am i doing wrong? How are you showing the bitmap in your program? A lot can happen to the colors depending on how you sh...

Laptop Client 3.0 install fails
Install of CRM Laptop client 3.0 on Windows XP and Outlook 2003 fails, claiming it can't find SQL Express. This occurs even after I manually install SQL Express 2005 from the client install folder and rebooted. Any ideas? Error log below. 10:40:12| Info| Running elevated setup from from X:\Master-Install\MS_CRM\CRM Client 3.0. 10:40:12| Info| Bootstrap version: 3.0.5300.1361. 10:40:12| Info| IsInstallerInstalled=1 10:40:12| Info| Windows Installer found is 3.1 10:40:12| Info| MDAC found is 2.81.1117 10:40:12| Info| IsMdacInstalled=1 10:40:12| Info| IsDrWatsonInstalle...

Pivot Table External Data % Problem
Hi All, I have the following scenario: This is happening in both Excel 2003 & Excel 2007 using XP. I am accessing an external data source though ODBC. There is one table with Account Number, Date, Month, Amount. There is another table with Account Number, Account Name. I join the two tables using MS Query during the Pivot Table Wizard steps. I then create the Pivot Table with Account # & Account Name as Row Labels, Month as Column Labels, and Amount as the Data. Everything works fine, the Amounts for each month are summed and show up under the correct Month for each Account, for e...

Exmerge Problems
I have migrated all mailboxes from an Exchange 2000 Server to Exchange 2003. I have restored an IS to a Recovery Storage Group. I am trying to use the exmerge tool to pull out one user's information only. I continue to fail on the Exmerge with the "Error opening message store (MSEMS). Verify that the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is running and that you have the correct permissions to log on. (0x8004011d)" error. I have verified that my account is not denied in any form or fasion, I have permissions everywhere, and the IS is running. In fact, I am able to co...

Money 2002 backup restore problem
I had a corrupt system file (or something) that required me to reformat my hard drive. I always backed up my Money file to a floppy disk on a routine basis. When I tried to restore the file I received an error that the file "was corrupt or not a Money backup file." I'm pretty certain the file is not corrupt and this is a problem with the restore process. Anyone have a similar problem? (Yes, I've read all the procedures on how to do it.) TIA, Dave Many people who get themselves in this situation installed a different version of Money than the one they were actually u...

Very Strange
Hi I have a Word 2007 document. In this I am using 3 different heading styles. I want to use the feature 'Select Text with Similar Formatting' but it is not working. I have 5 headings that are all Title Case, size 10, Times New Roman, Left aligned and Bold there is exactly the same formatting applied to all 5 headings - I even checked the paragraph spacing - all headings are 0pt before and 12pt after. I checked show and hide - everything I repeat everything is the same - can you tell me why oh why will this feature only select 3 of my headings and not the 5???? ...

Printing Problems in Entourage
I have no problem printing a monthly calendar, but if I print a weekly format, the program crashes every time. Any one else having that problem? Any suggested solutions? This is a known issue. To work around it, Try removing multi-day events that cross the weekly boundary. On 9/29/05 5:20 PM, in article 1128032452.981239.31830@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com, "Tony" <tonystinson@bellsouth.net> wrote: > I have no problem printing a monthly calendar, but if I print a weekly > format, the program crashes every time. Any one else having that > problem? > > Any su...

laptop shut down-vista
laptop shuts down-Vista I have Vista (acer aspire 4930, intel core 2 duo T5800, 2 gb ddr2) and for an unknown reason the laptop shuts itself down, sometimes after 45 mins, 30 mins, sometimes after 10 mins. not know why it happen... I have tried system restore, downloaded windows updates, updated avira and done a full scan (of which took several hours and the laptop stayed on) all fans seem to be working. Nothing seems to trigger it in particular and timings are different. Any ideas would be welcome. -- fareeed laptop shuts down-Vista I have Vista (acer aspire 4930,...

Problem using a report from Access2003 to Access2007
I am trying to use a database created with Access 2003 in Access 2007 but have come up with a problem. The database contains a report which produces invoices for sales between two dates. When the report is run the user is asked to input sale date From and To (this is set up in the Invoice Query), Invoice Date and Invoice Start Number - these two are set up as text boxes on the report. Invoice Date conrol source has [Enter Invoice Date] and Invoice Start Number has [Page]+[Invoice Start Number]-1. This works fine in Access 2003 and the invoices come out correctly but in 2007 invoice ...

Serialization Problem
Hi, I am trying to use the following code to make xml serialization to a file. The following error is being given: "An unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' occurred in system.xml.dll Additional information: There was an error generating the XML document." The problem should be due to inheritance. Can someone help me solve the problem out. Thanks in Advance ICommunicationTuple ict = new MessageQueueCommunication("test"); XmlSerializer ser = new XmlSerializer(typeof(ICommunicationTuple)); StreamWriter writer = new StreamWriter("c...

Problem: new calendar entries land on wrong date