User Account deleted

My nephew deleted my admin user account trying to bypass the parental
controls.  Now when anyone else tries to use the computer after his
allowed time it will not let anyone connect to the internet.  Can I
restore this user account so that I can change the time limits and the
parental controls.  There is nothing in the recycle bin so he deleted
everything.  Is there a master admin password that I can use to change
all the parental controls need help with the issue.  Can not find
original disks so I can not reinstall windows to fix.  Windows vista
home premium on gateway laptop.

--
Idoltaz

Idoltaz

On 12/14/09, Idoltaz posted:
> My nephew deleted my admin user account trying to bypass the parental
> controls.  Now when anyone else tries to use the computer after his
> allowed time it will not let anyone connect to the internet.  Can I
> restore this user account so that I can change the time limits and the
> parental controls.  There is nothing in the recycle bin so he deleted
> everything.  Is there a master admin password that I can use to change
> all the parental controls need help with the issue.  Can not find
> original disks so I can not reinstall windows to fix.  Windows vista
> home premium on gateway laptop.

You can possibly create a new admin level account. You can possibly
give your nephew a non-admin level account or lock him out of the
house.

Try starting a command prompt with administrator permissions (an
elevated command prompt). If you succeed, enter the following command:
net user administrator /active:yes
If that is successful, exit from there and switch users. This will
bring up the *real* administrator account, which is called
"administrator".

In there you can create a new account with administrator privileges
(this is *not* a full administrator account).

While there, also change your nephew's account to a standard account
and create passwords for the other accounts. Do *not* share these with
your nephew. Do not set up automatic login for any accounts.

You may have to start in safe mode with command prompt to execute the
command I mentioned.

When all is buttoned down, reexecute the above command prompt command
and change 'yes' to 'no' to disable the real administrator account
until you need it again.

Note that when your accounts have passwords (*especially* the real
Administrator!) your nephew should be unable to get there.

OH - BTW - don't use easy-to-guess passwords...

--
Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Gene

Deleting replicated public folder
I have a large public folder that I would like to delete. This folder is replicated to another exchange server. What is the best way to delete thsi folder? Do i need to do anything to the replication settings for this folder. The whole public folder tree is replicated not just this folder? You should remove the server from replication then point public folders to another server if that is appropriate. Dismount and delete. Nue "Brillmike" <brillmike@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:C97AF10F-1C6E-4CCA-BA40-CE11FABF1F3E@microsoft.com... >I have a large public folder that...

how to clear deleted items?
how do i delete the lined thru items in the aol inbox?...tia went back to mailwasher pro and they were still showing, deleted them and the lined thru items disappeared from the aol inbox. problem resolved :-) On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 14:18:03 -0600, sstovall3@aol.com wrote: >how do i delete the lined thru items in the aol inbox?...tia In news:s0nis1hoh2rri3pavn19ago6ltjt5g60d7@4ax.com, sstovall3@aol.com <sstovall3@aol.com> typed: > how do i delete the lined thru items in the aol inbox?...tia You have to purge them, in an IMAP account. It's in one of your menus- I don't ...

New to User Forms

Users Shared Folders

Users not showing up All Users

user breakpoint

Replying with an alternate e-mail that uses the same gmail account
I work for several businesses and have multiple e-mail addresses that all forward to my personal gmail account. I have dealt with incoming mail forwarding to the proper folder depending on the e-mail address the sender uses, but when I reply I either have to type the right address into the "From" box (pain) or it shows up as coming from my gmail account even though they sent it to one of my aliases. Can I set up a rule that all replies to e-mails sent to an alias use the same alias for the response? Ideally I'd like to be able to have an e-mail conversation app...

Need User Name and Password

Random Users Calendars not viewable

delete row contains specific word in an macro
Hi, Im trying to delete row that contains specific expression like: In row 444 column b contents (ESSO PRODUITS) i want to delete that row but i have more then one row to find and delete. Try this on a spare copy: Do a Data > Filter > Autofilter on col B Select from the droplist: ESSO PRODUITS Select all the filtered rows (select the "blue" row headers) Right-click > Delete Row Remove Autofilter -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- Jean-Francois <JeanFrancois@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Manager grayed out on user setup

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

Hotmail Account in Outlook 2003
Hi all, I've got 2 email accounts, colin@work.com and colin@hotmail.com. I've setup Outlook 2003 to send and receive from both these accounts and all works fine but with 1 'glitch' that I can't seem to resolve. As those of you who use Hotmail through Outlook know, Outlook creates a second 'Inbox', 'Outbox', 'Sent Items' etc in addition to the standard POP3 inbox etc. My problem is that if I send from my 'colin@work.com' mail account, the standard 'Sent Items' shows the sent mail. If I send from my Hotmail account, this sent ma...

I need to delete oldest record so that table only contains latest record 09-16-07
Hi, I have a table called DDPayments which contains 4 fields: PaymentID, DDID, BankID and Date Paid. I need a query that will delete all records, so the rows will only contain the most recent Date when a transaction occured. I currently have the following in the table: ROW 1 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 9 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 13/08/07 ROW 2 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 9 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 13/09/07 ROW 3 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 26 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 10/08/07 ROW 4 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 26 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 13/09/07 ROW 5 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 6 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 13/08/07 (This table i...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

IMF and remote users.
I need a bit of hand holding on this. We are about to start hosting our own email. There are branch offices that will pick up their email with POP3 from our server running SBS 2003. I want to filter for spam, but also want all the users to have the ability to review emails caught by the filter. If I use the IMF filter, am I correct in assuming that the remote office users will never see those emails in that they will have been moved out of their inbox to the spam folder? Is there a built-in method of tagging, not moving emails identified as spam on a RBL? Thank you. - Are you going to use ...

Preventing a user from seing other users opportunities
Hi, I have a case in which 2 CRM users (A) & (B) shouldn't see each other's opportunities and this is indeed the case. However, when a user (A) creates an opportunity for which the account is owned by user (B), user (B) is then able to see this user (A) opportunity. I understand that this might be logical business wise, however, is there any way to prevent user (B) from seing these opportunities of user (A) even though he is the owner of the opportunity account ?? Thanks in advance I don't believe this is possible but I could be wrong. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP...

Limit user access on customer/vendor?
is it possible to control user access on certain customer/vendors? something like account level security, but on customer/vendor. Hi HFLo, No you cannot have Customer/Vendor Control Access as account security, since no module in GP has this feature, this is one of the drawbacks of GP no ROW LEVEL SECURITY at all, we are using the third party product for this security setup, it also works for Inventory and items just like account security. In short GP dosent have this feature. AXAPTA has this feature to restrict access to customers, vendors, inventory items at site level etc....... w...

An email won't delete and locks me up
Hi all! I have a problem that I've not had to deal with. This is a first. A friend sent me a web page via Outlook. It was from a web search she did and she wanted to show me something she found. Anyway, this email locs Outlook 2003 up cold! I have to kill it via the task manager. ANYTHING I do to try and kill it...even open it...it locks me up. I mean ANYTHING I do. I've even tried booting to safe mode to try and kill it from there...no luck. Out of desparation, I exported my inbox to Outlook Express and interestingly enough, I was able to delete it from there. But I d...

Sending a copy of each email that a user sends
We have a security issue from HR requiring them to review all email sent from a user Is there a way to cc: an HR account with all email sent without the user being aware of the cc:? Have a look at this software www.exclaimer2000.com On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:41:08 -0800, Rod <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have a security issue from HR requiring them to review all email sent from a user. >Is there a way to cc: an HR account with all email sent without the user being aware of the cc:? This is very easy with Exchange 5.5. What version do you have? Rafael "...