URGENT: WINDOWS 8 ANNOUNCEMENT. July 2011!

Think Windows7 just came out & too young?  Welcome to the brave future:
Windows8!

1) Windows 8 To Contain New Anti-Hacking Software.
Our group is on a mission to build a rich, powerful platform to help protect
Microsoft products against piracy. Here is your chance to join a team of
exceptional developers as we build an extensible cross-company platform to
support this vision. This is a fast-paced group that rewards smart and
motivated individuals.
Some may consider anti-piracy measures similar to whistling in the wind, but
that's certainly not the case. George has posts in Windows7News.com, and
ConnectedInternet showing how in many cases Microsoft has foiled anti-piracy
efforts. Many believe that piracy is relegated to just illegal copying or
theft. But that is not the case. Virus distribution and embedded malware,
and privacy intrusion are typical features that result from piracy efforts.

2) Will Windows 8 Be Faster and Smaller Than Windows 7?
IMHO, the issue is usually caused by software maker expecting majority of
its customers to be equipped w/better hardware & better software management
skills than reality.
Vista expected too much, and it was also apopleptically overloaded with
various balloons, naggings, "features", etc.

As of Windows8 I simply don't know, except one thing - Microsoft might be
expecting you to be running a quad-core i7 +1GB nVidia + DisplayPort
(successor to obsolete DVI/HDMI) & stuff like that by the time Windows8 is
in stores.

One thing is certain:
The new law requires you to wear a helmet while browsing Web at highspeeds
(fiberoptics-to-the-home, 50Mbps)

Date?
JULY 2011 is expected.

0
Stan

How to know whether a window has been maximized?
thanks! GetWindowPlacement You can check the status of the nType variable in OnSize event of the window if it is SIZE_MAXIMMIZED then window is maximized. CWnd::IsZoomed Regards, Victor "Bill Gates" <billgates@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:#IWJgGwfGHA.4892@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > thanks! > > Both answers are correct. The test in OnSize tells you if it is *being* maximized; the IsZoomed test tells you if its *current state* is maximized. Both are useful, depending on what you are trying to accomplish. joe On Wed, 24 May 2006 15:13:53 +0800,...

Urgent Urgent Urgent Urgent
I am posting this query in continuation to the query posted by Anna (we are colleagues). Our software license is as follows: RMS – Headquarter : a. HQs 5 Store Base Pack RMS Stores Operations : a. 5 Single Store b. 1-3 stations Could you please explain what this 1-3 stations license means? We have a merchandise shop where it is difficult to manage with one POS during the Formula One Race days. We need to have two POS in this shop but the inventory cannot be split into two as this will create a lot of confusion. Is it possible to connect the two POS to a single database so that ...

ATT and Windows Mail
Windows Mail and ATT has been working fine together, until recently. I am not allowed to send mail anymore. It still receives fine. I received the error message below. The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'st . Agnes', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E According to... http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401570&ct=9000818 The Outgoing (SMTP) server port should be 465, not 25. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Win...

urgent: snap to connectionpoint does not work anymore
Hi, I'm using visio 2000 to draw an UML diagram. After adding several shapes suddenly when trying to add a dependency, binary association, or anything between two classes, the connector does not snap to the connectionpoints of the shapes to connect. I can not add an interface shape to a class neither. When opening another UML diagram (in a different file) it works fine. Thanks for the response. Serge Desmedt. ...

URGENT
Hi everyone, I have to subtract a custom duration field from the start field to get an important information from my project. When I try do to that like: "[Start]-[Duration4]" the result is a totally confused date. How do I get this date? Best regards, Marco Ferreira Hello Marco, Try the expression ProjDateSub([Start],[Duration4]). Best Regards, Ismet Kocaman MCTS, PMP "Marco" wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have to subtract a custom duration field from the start field to get > an important information from my project. > When I ...

Windows 7 and Arabic records.
Hi everybody, This issue happens in Windows 7 only, and it's interesting. The GP contains Arabic data (not interface), like Customer Name, Item Desc .... etc but not IDs. When the user switches the keyboard language to English, the Arabic data is shown in a not-readable language, while if the user switches the keyboard language back to Arabic, the data gets back to its normal state; in Arabic. The strange thing is this issue happens only in scrolling windows, but not all of them, the GP Lookup windows and some Smartlist lookup windows suffers from this behavior. Any...

need urgent help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hi i wanted to be able to add or upload images from the form? i have a field called image which is a data type OLE Object, i right click on the field click on the insert object option on the menu an a bitmap image is linked having browsed for it and clicked on the link check box. i want to be able to add images from the form not go to the datasheet view? can you help me please!!!!!!!! also i wanted to have a button assigned to a text box in the form in which you input the image path( where the image is located) and a click of a button the image is displayed in the datatype OLE object f...

preliminary windows mobile / exch questions
I currently have windows 2000 / exchange 2000 (with latest service packs) running in a small company. I want to implement some windows mobile based cell phones so that some executives and sales persons can use email / contacts / calendar on the road. I am just starting to look into this. I'm hoping some exchange admins that have already done this can point me in the right direction: 1) will I need windows server 2003 and exch 2003 or will windows 2000 and exch 2000 be ok? 2) I assume the windows mobile version of outlook uses MAPI? in other words, my users have mailboxes into the ...

Does Antivirus software work in Windows Live Mail?
Hi. I've been using Kaspersky for a few years now without fail. I don't think the anti-spam and Virus are working With Windows Live. With Outlook, I would get a popup that would scan email messages before it would download them. Is this feature now gone? Thanks On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 07:07:01 -0800, Jet wrote: > I've been using Kaspersky for a few years now without fail. I don't think > the anti-spam and Virus are working With Windows Live. With Outlook, I would > get a popup that would scan email messages before it would download them. Is ...

Double emails in Oulook 98 (8.5.5104.6)
For some quirky reason I am now getting two of each email coming in to my mailboxes. It happens with Yahoo as well. Has anyone else experienced this and can offer a remedy? thanks ...

Ha, ha, ha. I just bought a $329 Acer with Windows XP and a 10 in screen
It runs better than my $1700 Desktop with Vista Ultimate. It is a jewel. ...

URGENT: How to pass callback func as parameter?
Hi, I have some generic (non MFC) class. CSomeClass { SayHello() { return "Hello"; } } I however wish to be able to OVERRIDE this function with a custom function in some other class like CMyMFCApp. This CMyMFCApp class is NOT subclassed from CSomeClass, so overriding that function can not be done the same way as overriding base class functions (simply redeclaring). I am assuming I must set a call back function: CMyMFCApp::Init() { CSomeClass sc; sc.SetCallback(CMyMFCApp::MyCallback); sc.SayHello(); } CMyMFCApp::MyCallBack { return "Wazzup?"; } Now, I unders...

Outlook 2002 HTTP timeout with MSN 8
I am using Outlook 2002 to connect to MSN for my e-mail. I am using the new MSN 8 so you have to set it up to the HTTP server for e-mail. With dial up, I get a HTTP time out server not found if the e-mail is over 300k, if they are below 300k no problem. I connect to my dsl in the office and everything works fine. Looked under the properties connection for the e-mail but there is no time out slide bar like you have with a pop3 account. What do I need to be able to use this setup when I am traveling and have to use my dial up? ...

Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1
Has anyone applied thjis service pack and where there any issues. Thanks Ken Hi I am currently testing Win2k3 SP1 on our test server. I am sure there will be no issues, just make sure you have the latest SQL SP and hotfixes installed before applying SP1 Regards James -- Visit MGP Central on http://spaces.msn.com/members/hushdontspamme/ "Ken Foster" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11d801c5360d$1a2738e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Has anyone applied thjis service pack and where there any > issues. > Thanks > Ken ...

double window split?
Can you have a double window split or freeze pane in a excel worksheet? Header rows at top do not move and the footer rows at boottom do not move, the text in between can dbe scrolled. Is this possible? Excel supports one freeze panes or one split. Maybe you can use window|new window followed by window|arrange to do what you want. MMille wrote: > > Can you have a double window split or freeze pane in a excel worksheet? > > Header rows at top do not move and the footer rows at boottom do not move, > the text in between can dbe scrolled. Is this possible? -- Dave Peters...

Access mailbox via OWA from Windows Mobile 5 problems
I am running MS Exchange Server 2003 SP2 and some users access mailbox using OWA from Windows Mobile 5 devices. Those PDA/wireless devices are connected by using access point. But somehow when users try to login, they will be asked for username and password even they already give the correct username and password. By default, users are enabled to access mailbox via OWA. But when users try to access mailbox from MS Outlook 2003, they don't face this kind of problem. Any one can help? Thanks a lot before. Are the Mobile devices Panasonic? If yes you can see this KB, if not, please te...

Read Receipt Storage Location?
Hello, I have office XP Microsoft Outlook via Exchange Server. I was working offline in the offline personal folder and I clicked on a message and it asked "sending has asked for read receipt" I clicked Yes. However since I was working offline, obviously read receipt is not yet sent. however as soon as I go online it will go out ? I went to out box to see if the read receipt is stored there, but this is not the case?? I cannot find. Can someone please confirm me the location where the read receipt are stored temporarly until these goes out, next time someone goes online...

2011 Calendar templates
what's up with the calendar templates? why can't i find a 2011 calendar in Word 2007 templates or online. i would like both a 12 month calendar 1 month per page and the 6 months per page Can anyone help me? Thresa See http://www.spreadsheetguys.com/downloads/templates/calendar or http://download.cnet.com/Excel-Calendar-Template/3000-2077_4-10346449.html -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com &quo...

A "disappearing window" bug
There has been a serious bug for years, in Excel and in Word, that permeates all the Macs that I use. I keep expecting it to be fixed so never report it, but it never gets fixed, so... *Open a Word or Excel document. *Highlight some text. *Right-click and hold to get the contextual menus. (It takes forever to load the contextual stuff -- OK, well seconds anyway -- this is annoying as it is). *Either cut or clear contents (Excel) or some other operations. *Now return to the document or to another document. *Right click and paste (or command-V) *Hit return. You will be delighted to find that yo...

=?Utf-8?B?5aaC5L2V5YiG6L6o5aSn5bCP5a+rPw==?=
excel 可以利用 countif 計算已知區域的目標數目,但是countif無法分辨大小寫,如 "1b" or "1B". 請問有什麼函數可做到此功能呢? As COUNTIF is not case sensitive, one way to get counts which need to be case sensitive .. Assuming data is within A1:A100 To count no. of cells with "1b" : =SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(FIND("1b",A1:A100)))) To count no. of cells with "1B" : =SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(FIND("1B",A1:A100)))) Adapt the ranges to suit .. -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "tree" <tree@discussion...

MFC Extention DLL can't create a Dialog window from own resource
Hi there. I have MFC Extention DLL which has own CDialog derived class and resource associated with it. In another application I'm trying to create this dialog by exported function of the DLL. Unfortunately in my live project this trick doesn't work. But when I created thin test project using same DevEnv (VC++ 6 SP6) it is working just fine. When I run that exported function in my live project I get Debug Assertion in afxwin1.inl line 22. void CreateCitrixWindow() { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetAppModuleState()); Sheet_Citrix* pCitrix = new Sheet_Citrix(); pCitrix->DoModal(); ...

Outlook Auto Rule (URGENT)
I want setup rule in mailboxx. - When sending message , all the message will forward to another mailbox - After permently delete it this message. - This message only send to special mailbox. I am not sure setup in exchange sever or outlook itself. It need make sure all rule run on server without user open outlook. Thanks J you would be best to go to the Exchange Newsgroups as you have said you need a server side rule. -- Judy Gleeson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au <111@it.com> wrote in message news:uDDkJA5uGHA.2148@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl.....

Urgent
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C38F1B.32073D10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable hi all, will anybody tell me=20 why are macro's preferred for Message Map entries than the virtual = functions? awaiting response, Ravi. ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C38F1B.32073D10 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META h...

Help Windows Vista Home Basic
For nearly 2 months now my computer has been trying to do a Windows Update of the 5 security up dates for MS software packages. Security Update for MS Office 2007 (KB951550) Security Update for 2007 MS Office System (KB951944) The 2007 MS Office Suite Service Pack 2 (SP2) Update for MS Office Outlook 2007 Junk Email Filter (KB2202131) Update for 2007 MS Office System (KB967642) I have tried updating them individually, tried letting down the firewall, tried turning off my McAfee Virus Scan and the firewall and updating, it won't work. It says error 646, it downloads then...