Upgrade from vista 64 bit to win 7 32 bit

I am looking for a new PC for my wife and in order to get the most bang for
the buck there seem to be an abundance of vista PCs out there that can be
upgraded to windows 7. Unfortunately is seems that her 2 most expensive
programs, Painter 9.5 and Photo shop CS2 won't run on a 64 bit O.S., or at
least not without a lot of trouble. All of the PCs that I am looking at have
64 bit vista installed.
 My question is can I buy one of these and when I get my free upgrade disk
for windows 7 can I install win 7 32 bit? I don't mind doing a clean install.

Sorry if this has been asked. I couldn't find it.
Thanks for any input.

yes a 64 bit designed machine can support 32 bit but not the vise
versa..
check my article
http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/260705-difference-between-32-bit-64-bit.html

--
ashvin

:D Just chill
-pls post your feedback on my reputation, would be of great help to
fine tune and provide better support..-
0
ashvin
11/27/2009 1:43:11 AM
To go from 64 bit  back down to 32 bit you need a clean install. In other words
reformat and install it clean(32 bit)

--
Peter

"HAV" <HAV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am looking for a new PC for my wife and in order to get the most bang for
> the buck there seem to be an abundance of vista PCs out there that can be
> upgraded to windows 7. Unfortunately is seems that her 2 most expensive
> programs, Painter 9.5 and Photo shop CS2 won't run on a 64 bit O.S., or at
> least not without a lot of trouble. All of the PCs that I am looking at have
> 64 bit vista installed.
> My question is can I buy one of these and when I get my free upgrade disk
> for windows 7 can I install win 7 32 bit? I don't mind doing a clean install.
>
> Sorry if this has been asked. I couldn't find it.
> Thanks for any input.

0
Peter
11/27/2009 2:00:40 AM
I can give you Photoshop CS4, much better than CS2.
Actually entire Adobe CS4 DVD, for a reasonabe price.
0
Stan
11/27/2009 2:11:07 AM

"HAV" <HAV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am looking for a new PC for my wife and in order to get the most bang
> for
> the buck there seem to be an abundance of vista PCs out there that can be
> upgraded to windows 7. Unfortunately is seems that her 2 most expensive
> programs, Painter 9.5 and Photo shop CS2 won't run on a 64 bit O.S., or at
> least not without a lot of trouble. All of the PCs that I am looking at
> have
> 64 bit vista installed.
> My question is can I buy one of these and when I get my free upgrade disk
> for windows 7 can I install win 7 32 bit? I don't mind doing a clean
> install.
>
> Sorry if this has been asked. I couldn't find it.
> Thanks for any input.

Make sure the computer manufacturer has 32 bit Win 7 drivers available.  If
they don't you may be stuck with 64 bit Win 7.

0
LVTravel
11/27/2009 3:43:24 AM
Photoshop CS2 runs well on Win 7 - x64 or x86.

Painter 9.5 is from the days of Windows 98.
Painter 11 is compatible with Windows 7 according to Corel.
http://corel.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/corel.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=764068&p_created=1255603994&p_sid=Kh7E6_Nj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_srch=1&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9Mzg0LDM4NCZwX3Byb2RzPTAmcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9d2luZG93cyA3&p_li=&p_topview=1

On 27/11/2009 01:21, HAV wrote:
> Painter 9.5
0
Dominic
11/27/2009 8:00:57 AM

"HAV" wrote:

>  My question is can I buy one of these and when I get my free upgrade disk
> for windows 7 can I install win 7 32 bit? I don't mind doing a clean install.
>
> Sorry if this has been asked. I couldn't find it.
> Thanks for any input.

Thanks for all your input.
 I  didn't clarify my question well enough.
 Does anyone know if the upgrade disks that are sent from the PC makers for
the free upgrade from Vista to 7 have both 64 bit and 32 bit versions on
them? If they don't, and I were to put the 32 bit version on, can I upgrade
to the 64 bit version for free or would I have to buy a new upgrade?

"Dominic Payer" wrote:

> Photoshop CS2 runs well on Win 7 - x64 or x86.

Really.
Do you have experience with that or a link where someone has had success. I
have been reading no end of horror stories of people trying to get CS2 to run
in 64 bit.

I Just downloaded all three trials. I'm going to try them together and see
what happens.

Thanks
Yes. From personal experience and there are still many professional and
other photographers who use CS2 as their editor under Vista and Windows
7 with Lightroom as their primary input and cataloguing front-end.

For photo pros Lightroom gives much more functionality and they can use
the Camera Raw in the latest Lightroom with new cameras instead of
having to upgrade to the latest Photoshop CS version to get Adobe Bridge
to recognise their RAW files.

On 27/11/2009 18:58, HAV wrote:

> "Dominic Payer" wrote:
>
>> Photoshop CS2 runs well on Win 7 - x64 or x86.
>>
> Really.
> Do you have experience with that or a link where someone has had success. I
> have been reading no end of horror stories of people trying to get CS2 to run
> in 64 bit.
>
> I Just downloaded all three trials. I'm going to try them together and see
> what happens.
>
> Thanks
0
Dominic
11/27/2009 8:28:40 PM
The upgrade disks are the same bitness as the Vista version supplied
with the system. You do not get a choice.

You can ask the supplier to change the bitness but they are not obliged to.

OEM versions of both Vista and Windows 7 are either 32-bit or 64-bit.
You don't get both disks as you would with the retail versions of Windows 7.

On 27/11/2009 18:46, HAV wrote:

> "HAV" wrote:
>

>>   My question is can I buy one of these and when I get my free upgrade disk
>> for windows 7 can I install win 7 32 bit? I don't mind doing a clean install.
>>
>> Sorry if this has been asked. I couldn't find it.
>> Thanks for any input.
>>
> Thanks for all your input.
>   I  didn't clarify my question well enough.
>   Does anyone know if the upgrade disks that are sent from the PC makers for
> the free upgrade from Vista to 7 have both 64 bit and 32 bit versions on
> them? If they don't, and I were to put the 32 bit version on, can I upgrade
> to the 64 bit version for free or would I have to buy a new upgrade?

0
Dominic
11/27/2009 8:33:21 PM

"Dominic Payer" wrote:

> The upgrade disks are the same bitness as the Vista version supplied
> with the system. You do not get a choice.
>
> You can ask the supplier to change the bitness but they are not obliged to.
>
> OEM versions of both Vista and Windows 7 are either 32-bit or 64-bit.
> You don't get both disks as you would with the retail versions of Windows 7.
>

> On 27/11/2009 18:46, HAV wrote:
> >

> > "HAV" wrote:
> >

> >>   My question is can I buy one of these and when I get my free upgrade disk
> >> for windows 7 can I install win 7 32 bit? I don't mind doing a clean install.
> >>
> >> Sorry if this has been asked. I couldn't find it.
> >> Thanks for any input.
> >>
> > Thanks for all your input.
> >   I  didn't clarify my question well enough.
> >   Does anyone know if the upgrade disks that are sent from the PC makers for
> > the free upgrade from Vista to 7 have both 64 bit and 32 bit versions on
> > them? If they don't, and I were to put the 32 bit version on, can I upgrade
> > to the 64 bit version for free or would I have to buy a new upgrade?
> >
> .

Thanks again.
 You answered my questions

HAV

graphs #7
how do you add quadrant lines to a graph? These are possibilities: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColoredQuadrantBackground.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "CAMG" <CAMG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07E51C6C-AB83-45C3-94E0-27D356CFE342@microsoft.com... > how do you add quadrant lines to a graph? ...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

win CE 6.0 build error
Im running MIPSII CPU on Win CE 6.0 everything was well on building BSP until I updated R3 and several QFE for Win CE 6.0 from Jan --> Aug 2009. sysgen ERROR is the one I get - it fails within a minute of SYSGEN or clean SYSGEN the folliwing is what I get from build.log at \WINCE600\ -------------------- icrosoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 8.00.50727.42 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. -nodefaultlib -include:DllMain -entry:_DllMainCRTStartup -pdb:C:\WINCE600\OSDesigns\build_test\build_test\Wince600\simuMIPSII_MIPSII\cesysgen\oak\target\MIPSI...

icon background is not transparent when aero is enabled in vista
hello, all: i meet a curious thing. i make a icon using vc2005, and the backgournd of icon is transparent. i draw it to a dialog. in xp, it is right, the backgournd is transparent. but when aero is enabled in vista, the background is wrong, change into white. i find a way to solve this i get the dialog 's dc ,and create a bitmap. draw icon on the bitmap, and then draw bitmap to dialog's dc. the code like below int lWidth = rtClient.right - rtClient.left; int lHeight = rtClient.bottom - rtClient.top; RECT rcWindow; ::GetWindowRect(hDestWindowOverride, &rcWindow); HDC...

Upgrading the CPU?

8.0 Upgrade

Mutual Funds Winning Guide
Free Gadget Fund Teller to let you know funds' real-time price before you buy or sell. http://fundteller.somee.com/ Keep winning. ...

Defragmenting Vista
Hi everyone. I am conversant with defragmenting Vista machines, but I have been unable to answer a question that I have recently been asked. Q, If a machine is not switched on at the time defragment is timed to run does it automatically run next time its switch on? It would help if someone could point me towards a Microsoft article that explains Vista Defragmenting in detail. Thanks for your help. Grandad "Grandad" <mick@sherwooditsolutions.co.uk> wrote in message news:#E$sBfYjKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi everyone. > > I am...

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

XP Upgrade

New ClipCursor behavior in Vista
The effect of ClipCursor appears to have been changed. If I clip the cursor to a restricted area, e.g., if it happens that the computed clip rectange (in screen coordinates) is something like CRect clip(100, 100, 200, 200); the actual visual cursor is not clipped to the region indicated. Instead, it can move all over the screen, but the OnMouseMove will not report points outside the clipped rectangle. I have set mouse capture as well, and I'm trying to limit the amount of mouse motion permitted in a dragging operation. The app exhibits the same behavior whether it is run as Low, Medium...

Windows Defender
How to reinstall it? How did you lose it? How did you uninstall it? Me wrote: > How to reinstall it? > > > > In article <9BFAD99E-04F1-46D1-8E14-60FCA6F2D33E@microsoft.com>, tere@fett.net says... > > How to reinstall it? AFAIK Microfoft intentionally made it as integral part of the system. You can disable it, but cannot uninstall. -- Poutnik The best depends on how the best is defined. Hi, Try system restore to the instant previous of the uninstallation. Carlos "Me" wrote: > How to reinstall it? > &...

Window 7 MAY not be genuine`
I have a valid Enterprise version of Win7 installed on an employee system that is used at home. Periodically, the user gets "this copy may not be genuine", and something about automatic update failed. (after the Windows genuine update). The user can ignore the warning, and "System" shows that Windows status is "Unknown" for a minute and then shows "Activated". This valid licensed corporate copy is in use on a number of systems, but this is the only workstation I know that is having problems. Any clues on how to rid the sytem of this false...

Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium
Hi, I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this problem, and if yes what was the work around. -- Cheers Catherine PM Community Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote: > >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this >problem, and if yes what was the wo...

Outlook in windows 7 error
Below is the error I ghet when attenptin to launch outlook. I have profiles setup and the program was working perfectly. I downloaded and installed thunderbird to see if my wife liked it better that outlook. After unistalling thunderbird and attempting to launch outlook, this error began to occur.:= I uninstalled office and re-installed it. The problem persists. ************************************************* cannot start microsoft office outlook. Cannot open the outlook window. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists. ****...

Outlook Express install with Vista?
My current internet provider blocks pop mail to all but their own web based email and further that must use Outlook Express (OE). I discovered that I CAN access my Yahoo email using OE. My new laptop has windows mail that will not work. I'd love to make the current MS Mail work but I suspect it will just be easier to install OE if possible? unless you know some way to get past my "Mediacom" port blocks? Setting up OE and WinMail is identical. I cannot fathom that your ISP would download to OE and not WinMail. And, OE is a part of IE6, neither which will work o...

create a custom button in windows vista
i AM TRYING TO CREATE A CUSTOM BUTTON IN EXCELTO ADD TO MY TOOL BAR TO WHICH I WOULD LIKE TO ASSIGN A MACRO. IT USED TO BE POSSIBLE IN WINDOWS XP. HOW DO YOU DO IT IN VISTA. ALSO HOW DO YOU CUSTOMIZE THE IMAGE ON THE BUTTON? I think you want to add a button in Excel 2007 See this example for QAT buttons http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm But this is much easier http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm Or create your own Ribbon tab http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "RAMESH" <RAMESH@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

ie8 in win 7
my ie8 has stoped responding in win 7 and I cannot find any version to reload it . Can anyone help? I can use the "in private part of IE only. Hi Ajay, Start>Control Panel>Troubleshooting Click the 'View all' link at the bottom of that page. Select the "Internet Explorer Performance" item. This will start a Wizard that will help you find and fix your incompatible Addon problem. Is this a new computer or have you upgraded from a previous Windows version? If you have upgraded from XP or Vista with either IE6 or 7 then you will need to download ...

Upgrade? or not to upgrade.
I accepted the invitation to try office 2010. Upon installation, outlook 2007 quit working. Since that is the only critical piece i need out of office, and all my emails etch i desperately need are on there, I uninstalled. Now I get no out look. I get the error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. I am really kicking myself, I knew i shouldn't have done the upgrade trial. I am bordering on hysteria here. Can anyone help? Tried to open in compatibility mode xp but no go same error. Outlook now does not appear in the start ...

Upgrade to 8.0/Upgrade FRX
When upgrading Great Plains (from 7.5 to 8.0) do you suggest installing over the 7.5 client or uninstalling 8.0 fresh? How about FRX? (6.5 to 6.7) Thanks, Annalisa I like to keep the GP installation clean but I've had success installing over the existing client. Just make sure you export all modified reports and forms to package files. For FRx, it will give you options during the installation process. I would keep the existing version and install in a new directory. "afollo" wrote: > When upgrading Great Plains (from 7.5 to 8.0) do you suggest installing over > ...

downloading Office 2007 Professional didn't upgrade my outlook 20.
I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then converted to my own. I also have Office 2000 still on my computer. How do I get outlook to upgrade from 2000 to 2007? The trial version of Outlook will not install if any other version of Outlook is installed What does "converted to my own" mean? "rmeadie" <rmeadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A302D5A5-12EA-4C56-8944-53FAD9A7A0C1@microsoft.com... >I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then > converted to my own. I also have Office ...

Problem changing wallpaper on Vista
I am trying to change the wallpaper on Vista. I have a sub that works on XP with .jpg and .bmp images... Private Sub SetActiveDesktopWallpaper(ByVal sFileName As String, ByVal lStyle As Long, ByVal fForce As Boolean) Dim ad As ActiveDesktop Dim co As COMPONENTSOPT Dim wpo As WALLPAPEROPT Set ad = New ActiveDesktop 'check if AD is enabled co.dwSize = Len(co) ad.GetDesktopItemOptions co, 0& With wpo .dwSize = Len(wpo) .dwStyle = lStyle End With With ad ' set wallpaper style... .SetWallpaperOpt...

Office 2004 Upgrade from Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade
I am looking into purchasing the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade - and would like some clarification on my eligibility (along with the installation procedure)... 1. Could you confirm whether I am eligible for the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade as a registered user of Microsoft Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade (as the literature on the Microsoft website does not specifically mention the Office 98 Upgrade version)? 2. I am intending to install Microsoft Office 2004 on Mac OS x 10.4 Tiger. However I do not have Mac OS 9.2 [Classic] installed - m...