unwanted pictures

Every day in my "recently changed" file under "DOCUMENTS"
I receive hundreds of unwanted pictures.It seems as if they are
snapshots from a tv news show.

Help  Jade

--
jadelo22
0

probably cached images from webpages you visited, or HTML email you opened,
or webpages you stored locally but opened several times.
Don't be concerned with it, it's stored for faster access in case you open
same webpage again and system detect's page hasn't changes since last visit.

But with huge RAM memories & fast Internet these days, its usefulness is
limited.  In the old days of slow Internet and small memories, caching stuff
you already visited/downloaded was very useful.

If you wish you can reduce caching by going inti Internet
Explorer-->Tools-->InternetOptions-->BrowsingHistory-->Settings-->DiskSpace
to use.
There it gives you a suggestion in MB or GB of disk space to use, so you can
pick some smallest number.
In my case Windows suggests 8 to 1024MB space to waste :)
I chose 32MB.  It's a good idea to use a power of 2 number, e.g. 4, 8, 16,
32, 54, 128, etc MB.
The reason is more complicated than you wish to know.....

0
Stan
1/2/2010 1:23:06 AM
Stan Starinski wrote:

> probably cached images from webpages you visited, or HTML email you opened,
> or webpages you stored locally but opened several times.
> Don't be concerned with it, it's stored for faster access in case you open
> same webpage again and system detect's page hasn't changes since last visit.
>
> But with huge RAM memories & fast Internet these days, its usefulness is
> limited.  In the old days of slow Internet and small memories, caching stuff
> you already visited/downloaded was very useful.
>
> If you wish you can reduce caching by going inti Internet
> Explorer-->Tools-->InternetOptions-->BrowsingHistory-->Settings-->DiskSpace
> to use.
> There it gives you a suggestion in MB or GB of disk space to use, so you can
> pick some smallest number.
> In my case Windows suggests 8 to 1024MB space to waste :)
> I chose 32MB.  It's a good idea to use a power of 2 number, e.g. 4, 8, 16,
> 32, 54, 128, etc MB.
> The reason is more complicated than you wish to know.....

Good idea.
I set mine to 2.8284271247461900976033774484194MB.
2.8284271247461900976033774484194^2=8.
Tell me why...I'll understand.
Plus, I need a nap.

--

Vita brevis breviter in brevi finietur,
Mors venit velociter quae neminem veretur.

Inserting picture as a background
I inserted a picture as my background from my hard drive. Multiple images appeared in the document. I know that if you are working with a webpage it tiles so that the image appears on each page. But I am creating a brochure and only want 1 image. Has anyone else experienced this and do you have a solutionl. -- kbp When you use the Format >> background you will get tiling. Best to put an image on the Master Page and stretch it to fit. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Kimberley" <Kimberley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2123E93-DDEF-4...

03 -> 07 migration EAP unwanted results: unwanted email address for all users
I am near completion of an 03 -> 07 migration I have just upgraded the Email Address Policies to 2007, the non-defualt policies are defined by dept One of the policies appears to have added an unwabted address to default users, this dispite checking (previewing) the filter befire applying How can I remove the unwanted address from the group of users who should only be getting the default polcy? F Hello Frank, > I am near completion of an 03 -> 07 migration > > I have just upgraded the Email Address Policies to 2007, the > non-defualt policies a...

Re: unwanted pictures
64, not 54 Anyway, never be concerned with it. It's normal. "Stan Starinski" <China@stealsUSJobsPatentsSoftwareMusicVideo> wrote in message news:efZ2Kq0iKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > > 64, not 54 > > Anyway, never be concerned with it. It's normal. Are you correcting your IQ? You believe your IQ is 64 and not 54? ...

Stripping out unwanted date in cell
Hello, I am trying to import a Global address list, but my problem is I need just the smtp address in the cell so i want to strip out all the other junk, here is a couple of examples of what the field could appear like. I need to strip out everything accept for the SMTP:someaddress@someplace.someextension. It could be any extension and it is not always a percent at the beginning or end. SMTP:bubba.cairn@bla.ca%MS:UOF9/UNIVERSITY/bcairn%X400:c=US;a=;p=Uof9;o=Univ ersity?Hall;s=Cairn;g=bubba;%CCMAIL:Cairn, bubba at University_Hall CCMAIL:ssdsexam at STUDENT-SERV%MS:UOF9/STUDENTSER/SSDSEXAM%SMTP...

pictures will not show up on web page
using publisher 2007 trail edition, pictures show up when i preview the web > page in publisher but when i publish to the web I just get a a square box with > a little red x in the corner, could it be because it's the trail edition? > every thing else looks fine even the pictures written with code show up, > website is www.members.cox.net/wopen, Thanks > -- -- Carl Bailes When you Publish to the Web, Publisher produces an index.htm file and an index_files folder containing any other pages and all your supporting graphics. It appears that you didn't upload the i...

import pictures with filename
hello, is there a way to import pictures in visio with the complete filename. If i import gif files, they all are named "Mastershape". I�ve got thousends of files to import. Do i have to rename them picture by picture???? My second question is if it is possible to import complete Folders with Pictures in Visio. The foldername should be the name of the template, and the files in the folders should be in this folders with their original filename. I�ve got 6000 Pictures to import. Please help me! Thank you Hallo, ist es m�glich das ich in Visio die Namen importierter Gif Bild...

Picture Caption Text Flowing Over Picture
Printer says my captions (text underneath picture) are are flowing or printing over the pictures in my newsletter. My printout and hard copy look fine? any suggestions would be appreciated. I use MS Publisher 2000 Thanks Technically this should not happen with Publisher 2000, but it does. Suggest you give the printer a PDF file instead. That way you can be virtually guaranteed it is going to print the same on the printers system. -- >-----Original Message----- >Technically this should not happen with Publisher 2000, but it does. >Suggest you give the printer a PDF fil...

picture #2
How do i insert a picture of a different program. e.g. a picture of excel worksheet into microsoft word? Print-screen (ctrl + PrtScr on most keyboards) will copy a screen shot to the clipboard, so you can then switch to Word and Edit > Paste. From there you can edit the picture to crop it, etc. "frances" wrote: > How do i insert a picture of a different program. e.g. a picture of excel > worksheet into microsoft word? frances If just a range from a worksheet, select the range and hold SHIFT key then Edit>Copy Picture. Paste into Word. If you want a dynamic pic...

unwanted pictures
Every day in my "recently changed" file under "DOCUMENTS" I receive hundreds of unwanted pictures.It seems as if they are snapshots from a tv news show. Help Jade -- jadelo22 probably cached images from webpages you visited, or HTML email you opened, or webpages you stored locally but opened several times. Don't be concerned with it, it's stored for faster access in case you open same webpage again and system detect's page hasn't changes since last visit. But with huge RAM memories & fast Internet these days, its usefulness is ...

Pictures/Photo Gallery
I created a photo gallery that shows up until I publish my website and then where the images should be there is an X. What am I doing wrong? First, did you import or save your pictures to a place within your website. Second, then create your photo-gallery and put in the pictures you previously saved to your website. Third, now publish and see if you have better luck. -- Richard M. Perry "Oak Tree Academy" wrote: > I created a photo gallery that shows up until I publish my website and then > where the images should be there is an X. What am I doing wro...

Adding a picture instead of a textvalue
Hi, This is a general question which is not urgent but would be nice for a lot of people I guess - so it could be a wish for 4.0 too: I would like to show a green, yellow or red smiley (instead of a statusmood value in plain text) for accounts and contacts on the main form to show the support/service/sale -people How they should act if they have contact with the "thing" behind the phone. This would be great for all people who work with others whom they don't know. best regards Antonio ...

Unwanted From field when replying
In Outlook 2003 when I reply to a message the "From" field automatically comes up. It just started doing it, nothing has changed that I know of. When I create a new message it does not appear. When I reply I have to turn it off manually every time. Thanks in advance. ...

unwanted font changes
I have a co-worker using Excel 97 SR-2. When she opens up a spreadsheet, the font will change from Arial to any other font available on her system. She has to highlight the worksheet and change the font back. The Style default is set for Arial. Can you tell me how to stop this from happening? Thanks Kelly Kelly, Not sure what is happening here, but one remote possibility might be that excel is having problems handling an excess of styles. If this is just happening with one particular workbook, there's a utility on my site that you could try on the workbook that helps you clean ...

RMS-Import a picture should copy it to storeops/pictures folder
For products in RMS - when you browse to select a picture for that item, if the picture file is not in the storeoperations/pictures folder RMS should copy it to this folder. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Com...

Cannot display pictures
I tried right-clicking and choosing download pictures (they are just links embedded in the email message). It used to work but for some reason it isnot working anymore... I tried researching a bit but couldn't find a solution? Can anyone advice? Thanks, Mario mariorivera1...@yahoo.co.uk wrote: > I tried right-clicking and choosing download pictures (they are just > links embedded in the email message). It used to work but for some > reason it isnot working anymore... > I tried researching a bit but couldn't find a solution? > Can anyone advice? > Thanks, > Mario ...

Unwanted spaces
In a column, for 3400 rows, How do I get rid of an unwanted space preceding the sentence and make sure the first letter of the sentence is capitalized. This formula should do the trick. =UPPER(LEFT(TRIM(A1)))&RIGHT(TRIM(A1),LEN(TRIM(A1))-1) enter it in a unused column, Copy down and then Copy-Paste Special Values back to column A -- If this helps, please remember to click yes. "LeisaA" wrote: > In a column, for 3400 rows, How do I get rid of an unwanted space preceding > the sentence and make sure the first letter of the sentence is capitalize...

Bug: automatic resizing of inserted image creates unwanted black l
Hi, Im running word 2007 on windows 7 ultimate. When an image is inserted into a document and is larger than the current page it is automatically reduced in size to fit the page (unless u changed the default settings). Save the document, close it, reopen it and there will be unwanted black lines on the top and left hand edge of the image (like a black border on those sides). I think it is the auto resizing that causes it. This must have been mentioned on this discussion group before, I just cant find it. If you search google there are a bunch of people with the same...

Excel and Pictures
I would like to understand how Microsoft Excel handles pictures when it is deleted. I have come to realize that the pictures that are inserted into Microsoft Excel and then deleted, are not really deleted but hidden between lines between the rows. I have tried the activesheet.shapes.selectall function to try remove it but it still is not perfect. I deal generally with a lot of pictures in Excel, and would really like to understand how Excel handles pictures specifically. Thank you for your time. Jin How did you reach the conclusion that pictures deleted by the user are hidden by XL...

How can I soften the edges of a picture?
I would like to soften the look of the edges of a pictures for the internet posting. Anyone done that? Thanks Lynn "Lynn" <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:259D7427-5098-446D-B99A-BA1F576E8F8C@microsoft.com... >I would like to soften the look of the edges of a pictures for the internet > posting. Anyone done that? > Thanks > Lynn This is not a question for a Microsoft Access database forum (which is what microsoft.public.access is for). But, I use SnagIt to do stuff like that. It is well worth the money if you do many screenshots or...

Unwanted Symbol
I have Microsoft Word 2003. Everytime I open up a new document, an image appears in the upper left hand corner of the page. It looks like a bold, reversed, duoble lined P symbol. According to the SYMBOL Drop Down Menu it says the following: Pilcrow Sign - Character Code: 00B6 - From: Unicode (HEX) - Short Cut Key: ALT+0182. How do I permanently get rid of this symbol. Thanks for your help. It is a paragraph end marker. Click the matching button on the Standard Toolbar or Press CTRL+Shift+8 to toggle the display. If it remains when you do that : Tools > Options > Vie...

pictures elongate when doc is printed
Hi there-- I am doing a collage of pictures, they look fine on my screen, but when I print it, they "elongate" making people's faces/bodies appear longer. Is there something I am supposed to turn on or off to prevent this from happening? Thanks for your help, Julie You could see if there is a newer printer driver available for your printer. -- Don Vancouver, USA "feistyjuls" <feistyjuls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E986DCA-901F-498C-8D54-35D33A92AB98@microsoft.com... > Hi there-- > > I am doing a collage of pictures, they l...

Unwanted text in TOC
For Word 2003, I'm picking up unwanted text in the TOC from 1) Cover page with unique page setup 2) text within the document. I've checked the unwanted text to ensure they are formatted with 'body text' and don't see any paragraph characters beside them. Thanks. The unwanted TOC paragraphs may have the wrong paragraph outline level applied. This sometimes happens if the the document map has been opened. Fix that in the paragraph dialog (I'm using W2007 and don't remember the W2003 steps anymore). Then resolve not to use the document map (at least...

Unwanted Cells
When using a spreadsheet what is the best way to highlight everything else except the data that you are using. ie turn everything grey except a1:j10. -- billy2willy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ billy2willy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21648 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471186 Here is one way. I don't know if it is the best way. Highlight Column K Ctrl+Shift+(right arrow key) This will select Every column except A-J Then hold ctrl and select row 11 Ctr...

where does Pictures Folder Go?
I was cleaning up my hard drive, removing photos etc when I accidentally removed the Vista Pictures folder that is accessed through the Vista Side Menu under the start button. I still have that folder since I copied it to a Photo card. Can you tell me what where to put it back in the Explore files? -- @nna "anna" <anna@accblockspamcom> wrote in message news:3B973E5F-A961-4638-8712-317D080379EB@microsoft.com... > I was cleaning up my hard drive, removing photos etc when I accidentally removed the Vista > Pictures folder that is accessed through t...

Unwanted textbox appears in New files
Out of the blue, when I start a New file now, there's a little textbox there that I don't want. Although I can type in it, it seems to have a mind of its own. I've tried changing Page Layout but it ended up starting the box at "0". Huh? I ran my Repair but it didn't "fix" the problem. In my business as writer/editor/designer I get a lot of Word files from others. Wondering if someone else's "stronger" set-up has over-ridden mine? If so, how can I avoid this in future? Thanks, :-) Goldi See: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...