Unable to access My Documents, My Pictures, in my own profile!

*I can't access any thing uder my user profile such as My Documents and
My Pictures, it's a ADM profile with all rights. *
*Do I need to access it with main PC Adm Profile and reset the rights?*

[image: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17723]

--
Gumby22
0

Try looking in the Documents and Picture folders ie no"my".

Camper

"Gumby22" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> *I can't access any thing uder my user profile such as My Documents and
> My Pictures, it's a ADM profile with all rights. *
> *Do I need to access it with main PC Adm Profile and reset the rights?*
>

> [image: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17723]
>

> --
> Gumby22

0
Camper
12/21/2009 7:39:43 AM
Gumby22 wrote:
> *I can't access any thing uder my user profile such as My Documents and
> My Pictures, it's a ADM profile with all rights. *
> *Do I need to access it with main PC Adm Profile and reset the rights?*

In Vista "My Documents" and "My Pictures" are JUNCTION points to enable
legacy programs to use the new Vista folder names and structure - they
are not folders.
The Folders you want are Documents and Pictures (without the "My" in the
name)

Read this for more info on Junction Points:
Windows Vista Junction Points:

http://www.svrops.com/svrops/articles/jpoints.htm
0
Gordon
12/21/2009 11:51:42 AM
Thanks,
Stupid Vista thingy...I have a win 7 disk but afraid to do the upgrade.
:eek:

--
Gumby22
0

> Thanks,
> Stupid Vista thingy...I have a win 7 disk but afraid to do the upgrade.
> :eek:
>

> --
> Gumby22

Just because you don't understand it does not make it stupid!

Camper

0
Camper
12/21/2009 10:46:28 PM
Gumby22 wrote:
> Thanks,
> Stupid Vista thingy...I have a win 7 disk but afraid to do the upgrade.
> :eek:

Funnily enough, Windows 7 has reverted to My Documents and My Pictures
etc etc...
0
Gordon
12/21/2009 11:15:05 PM
aha...ok...no need to have a fit with X-mas a few days away...Santa
won't be happy then.

:rolleyes:

--
Gumby22
0

> aha...ok...no need to have a fit with X-mas a few days away...Santa
> won't be happy then.
>
> :rolleyes:
>

> --
> Gumby22

Santa is a fat pedophile, with a fetish for reindeers<g>

Camper

0
Camper
12/22/2009 3:14:39 AM
It's unsafe to put anything worth keeping in a user area such as My
Documents. You never know if these areas are genuine directories, and the
names change with every version of the operating system. Anyway, the family
photos are (usually) intended for all members of the family.

These user areas exist (in Linux too) because it's the safest way *from the
point of view of the operating system*.

The point is important because it's essential to make backups, and you need
to know whais being backed up and how.

The solution (even for private users) is to create a directory structure
that is independent of the user areas, and preferably on a separate physical
disk. You control access by using the share facility. Backups (for example
to at least 2 usb drives) are made manually or by using tools like SyncToy
(free) or more sophisticated packages like Acronis. If you make backups with
a native file system (NTFS with Windows) you can easily transfer your data
between any reasonable existing or future systems like Mac or Linux.

Remember, your grandchildren and their children will never forgive you if
all your photos have been lost because you didn't think long term.

Regards

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> a �crit dans le message de
> Gumby22 wrote:
>> Thanks,
>> Stupid Vista thingy...I have a win 7 disk but afraid to do the upgrade.
>> :eek:
>>

> Funnily enough, Windows 7 has reverted to My Documents and My Pictures
> etc etc...

0
Daddy
12/22/2009 9:29:15 PM
Daddy Tadpole wrote:
> It's unsafe to put anything worth keeping in a user area such as My
> Documents. You never know if these areas are genuine directories, and
> the names change with every version of the operating system.

Eh? What a load of RUBBISH!
0
Gordon

Unable to open calendar

unable to scroll the page

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Unable to conect

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

'OWA was unable to get to your inbox'

Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)
I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate folders etc. Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. The file does not exist. I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to stop it from happening again? Is this all on a Mac?...

Publisher and Access
Through trial and error, I can get our newsletter mail merge done. However there must be some simple instructions out there somewhere. My basic problem is I do not understand the various types of data sources. I browse for a data source and come up with six or eight technical names. I find that clicking on jet 4 lets me get into the access data base, but that was just a lucky guess. Is there any basic information that could help me? Publisher lists are Access databases, in Office 2002-03 they are stored in "My Documents", "My Data Sources" with a .mdb extension. E...

Download Free Church Information System , built in MS Access
Download Free Church Information System , built in MS Access , its in the ATTACHMENTS , after registering it will appear : http://access-forum.com/plus/viewtopic.php?t=189 Enjoyt ... ...

Importing from Access to an Outlook Distribution List
Hi, I have been busy building a contact database in Access (2002) and am wondering if there is anyway to up-load the e-mail addresses to an Oulook (2002) distrubtion list. If anyone knows the answer, my summer student will be very excited because he won't have to re-enter the information in Outlook. Cheers! ...

Logging Access to Mailboxes?
I'm somewhat new to Exchange 2003 and I have been asked by our CIO to see if another one of the Admins is looking at others mailboxes. I know he has the ability to do this (we both do) but I cannot find any logs that show him accessing other mailboxes. I was used to the way 5.5 worked when it would log access to other mailboxes in the eventlog. Is this enabled or enable-able in Exchange 2003? Thanks. On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 22:57:57 -0400, "CG" <cg@cox.net> wrote: >I'm somewhat new to Exchange 2003 and I have been asked by our CIO to see if >another one of ...

Saving messages other than in formats given? i.e., rtf or pdf (html with complete pictures)
I get a lot of mail from yahoo groups, in particular some graphics groups. In it, I get very good tutorials or tips which involve graphics that explain or illustrate the text. O2K allows me to save as text or html, but the pictures get left out of both formats, of course. The text can be converted to rtf and I can pull the graphics via the Outlook script to save embedded graphics and I can manually create the rtf file; or I can open up the html file, and reference the pulled embedded graphics, but both methods have proven very time-consuming considering the number of messages I recv that I ...

Unable to display
Hello Background: I using Ex2k. when i connect another mailbox in existing admin mailbox, it give error while i click on that particular mailbox. Error is Unable to display the folder. The information store could not br opened: Can anyone tell what exectally the problem, is this a permision or any thing else. Sudhir /Thanks Hello Sudhir In Exchange 2000 an Exchange Full administrator does not have te right to open an other mailbox by default , you need to add these accounts (or groups) to the Information Store object and give the appropriate permissions (send as + read as Greet Dirk ...

Access 2003, sharing application over a Novell Network
I recently built a simple 12,000 record database (a little over 7 MB) for my assoicates all over the country via our VPN . It was created in Access 2003, converted to Access 2000, and runs off a shared drive on a Novell server in Washintgton DC. The response times have been incredibly slow, upwards of a minute to query an initial record tied to the primary key. (although it responds instantly when running off a single stand alone PC) Does anyone have any tips about how I can make it run quicker or respond faster over a Novell network via VPN? It's pretty much dead in the water no...

Unable to close/delete Opporotunities
Running CRM 1.2 on W2k3 std. server and SQL2000 on a different w2k3 std. server. The owner of an opportunity is trying to close it. The following message appear on the screen: "There are are still active or draft quotes associated with this opportunity. These must be closed before the opportunity can be closed" We have not configured the Fiscal Year for our CRM system, and thereby not enabled Quotes. This has worked before, and I can't recall that we have made any changes to the system since. Another odd thing is: If an owner of an opportunity or the Administrator is ...

unable to send mail
This is my first Ex2k3 installation. I believe I configured Ex2k3 correctly. I seem to get no errors running smtpdiag. However, when I try to send an e-mail from my internal admin account to an external account, Outlook Express complains: The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server... Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay... I'd appreciate your help. In news:8E5CEE3F-2B99-41A8-ABA7-B0F90EA7099F@microsoft.com, bill tie <billtie@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > This is my first Ex2k3 installation. I believe I conf...

Outlook Access denied
Hi I have just installed a new child domain and a new exchange server 2003 admin group into my organisation. I have created a few test users but I have a problem when I log into Outlook to test their mailboxes. Whe Outlook opens I get presented with a authetication box. If I enter the test username and password I get access denied errors. The only way that I can get access to the mailbox is by using my account that has full exchange permissions. How can i correct this problem so that the normal users can connect to their mailboxes. Cheers Is the Exchange 2003 server installed in the ...

How do I soften edges of picture
I have inserted a picture into an auto shape and I want to soften the edges of the picture so it "fades" out around the edges. I could do that in my "Printshop" program very easily but can't seem to do it in Publisher. Please help. Lrubin <Lrubin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have inserted a picture into an auto shape and I want to soften the edges >of the picture so it "fades" out around the edges. I could do that in my >"Printshop" program very easily but can't seem to do it in Publisher. Please >help. Prin...

Check Links Report needs Document/Record Numbers
The Check Links Report needs to have record/document numbers so we can correct the problems. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ea722034-3044-4122-8d83-278d07b...

unable to add email account to microsoft outlook 2003
i installed office 2003 some 3 months ago and now wish to use the office outlook but i do not get the option from the tools menu to add email account .... i really am a noob at this . any hints? peter morris <peter morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i installed office 2003 some 3 months ago and now wish to use the > office outlook but i do not get the option from the tools menu to add > email account ... i really am a noob at this . any hints? Try it from Control Panel's Mail applet. -- Brian Tillman cheers ... i ahve added it ... someone told me that as it is...