Trouble with contacts backup using Windows Mobile Device Center.

(Also posted in old thread relating to the subject)
Hi, I joined the forum specifically for this problem and this is my
first post. I'm just going to spare you all the introductory bs and get
down to my concerns. And I didn't bother reading past the first page of
this thread even though it is apparently like four years old and a
solution has probably already been found. Forgive me, but I'm really
frustrated because I'm pretty good with computers and I've been at a
standstill trying to fix this for about 5 hours now.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Edition 32-Bit on my notebook.
I have Microsoft Office 2007 including Outlook.
My phone is a Samsung I-760 (Carried by Verizon) Running Windows Mobile
6.1 Professional.

The problem I'm having is the same as described for most of the thread,
Device Center will not let me backup my contacts because "Outlook not
configured". I screwed around with outlook, I screwed around with my
phone, I screwed around with WDC and hours later I haven't accomplished
a  damn thing.

I can't update my phone for because I have no phone internet and am not
paying Verizon a boatload to back up my contacts.
Am I missing some ridiculous solution to Microsoft's conflicting OS's?
Is there a patch or something free I can download for my PC or something
to help?

--
tidaking
0

Using Fill to Increment Cell References
In the first column of my spreadsheet (coumn A), every third row of my spreadsheet contains information that needs to be linked to a different location in my sheet. For example, A1, A4 and A7 contain the information that needs to be referenced. In D1, I would like type "=A1", in D2 I would like to type "=A4". Ideally, I would like to fill down and have the cell references increment to A7, A10, etc. Is this possible? Thank you for your suggestions. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Type in the A1 and the A4 with out the equal signs. Select both, fi...

Contacts not available as address book
I've just transferred my data files from a W98 PC to a new stand-alone WXP PC (by temporarily installing the old hard drive in the new PC and copying all the data files over to a separate folder in the new hard drive). I then copied outlook.pst (all 212MB) to C:\Documents and Settings\Maurice\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook (where it has transmogrified itself down to 135MB). The old version of Outlook was 2000, the new version is 2002. Almost everything I have tried so far works fine, except for the following problem. When I try to use the address book, I g...

How to, multiple contacts
How do I create a mailing list so I can send the same email to multiple recipients at one time. I'd like to give the group a name and then just choose it like I would any other person in my contacts folder. I'm using Outlook 2000 Thanks, Don............ Three choices: 1. Distribution Lists 2. Separate Contact Subfolders 3. Categories The first is simple, easy and explained in any Help file. It's fine for short list that you don't mind maintaining manually. DL's aren't reliable or robust and have no features. You can compare the other 2 choices (which most seasone...

Trouble with the template.
I want to reset the 'normal' template to default to "Times New Roman" 10point font, and the pages numbered centre top. This seems to work when I set and reopen Word2003 from the Administrator Template vis: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. But it will not work when I open Word2003 normally from the desktop. I have deleted the "Normal.dot" from the following and copied in the "Normal.dot" from the Administrator above: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates...

Auto correct the accidental use of cAPS LOCK. not working #2
I use OL2003 and have checked the box to auto correct the accidental use of cAPS LOCK. This hasn't worked has become very annoying.I use Outlook as the editor, not Word. OS is XPsp2 It is a Word feature so you must be using Word for this to work. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, swoffa asked: | I use OL2003 and have checked the box to auto correct the accidental | use of cAPS LOCK. This hasn't worked has be...

Sharing calendar and Contacts
Hi!! I have the following scenario: Two users are connected in different nodes with external internet accounts (not exchange server) and want to share their calendar and contacts. Is this possible? Is there some tool out there that enables them to view the calendar and share it to both of them? Thanks much in advance, Teo Options on sharing with Exchange can be found http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm "Teo" <nospam_teo@homsany.net> wrote in message news:elo2bU2WDHA.2256@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi!! I have the following scenario: > Two users are connected in...

Cant select contacts as address book
I have a user who has a local contacts folder with contacts that they have added. When they try to create a new message thier contacts folder is not available to select from. If I go to the properties of the contacts folder to check the box to "show this folder as an address book" it is greyed out and will not allow you to change it. The user has outlook 2003 and we are on an exchange 2003 server. Any help would be appreciated. Elbryyan <elbryyan@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a user who has a local contacts folder with > contacts that they have added. When th...

After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it
The subject line says it all. On my Toshiba Tablet PC, "After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it" (via the Contact's "Contacts..." link button). The error signature is always the same: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 11.0.6360.0 ModStamp:40d147de fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001f0e3d And I always send a report to Microsoft (about 115K each), but there is no response giving a fix as there sometimes is. With www.Microsoft.com -> Windows Update, I ha...

Email trouble with New User in Active Directory
Below is a trail of posts that have been made. My problem has yet to resolved and I need some help quickly. The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall Exchange Server 2003. Hopefully someone will know the answer. Thanks! Subject: Re: Email not Setup when new user created in Active Directory From: "Bryan Hill" <bthill@comcast.net> Sent: 8/15/2004 12:30:21 PM We have other clients that are working fine. Just when we try to set up new ones - it will create the SMTP address but not the X400 address. I tried manually forcing the X400 but it will...

Outlook 2003 contacts
When you open an email and want to save the email address on the "From" section: 1. right click the address and save it to your contacts - Outlook will then save it to your c:\drive profile How does one go about having it saved to the network \\network\publicfolders\contacts instead of the c:\drive Setup: Windows 2003\Exchange 2003 - individual profiles and not saving pst's on the c:\ We're already sharing a contacts folder on the public folders section. MS forgot about allowing users the ability to save to it directly. I've already checked Outlook 2007 and ...

Windows Forms 2.0 #2
I have a complilation problem on a windows form in a Word VBA project. I included Excel since it's one of those other languages that uses Windows Forms instead of VBA forms. Every time I open Word or Excel I get all these stupid prompts about missing picture; compile problems; etc. I can get into the VBA project-- which surprises me-- but I can't open the Windows Form; since it sits there and complains about a 'missing picture'. I double click on the form name in Project Explorer (in the VBA IDE) and it just barfs and says 'cant find picture'. it won't compile; ...

using outlook and outlook express simultaneously
Hello I use Win XP Home Edition SP2, Outlook 2003 and Outlook Express V6.00.2900.2180 Is there any problem running both Outlook and Outlook Express simultaneously on same machine? Is there any known problems from using two application simultaneously? Thank you. sn from Japan No and no. "snomazushi" <snospam@kamakura.net> wrote in message news:uohZF5gBIHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > I use Win XP Home Edition SP2, Outlook 2003 and Outlook Express > V6.00.2900.2180 > > Is there any problem running both Outlook and Outlook Express > s...

trouble with CrmIsapi.dll
I was experiencing the same problem with the SDK as many have posted to this group ... "the WhoAmI() call results in a http error 405 when running sample code" I followed some of the advice; checked my .srf mapping to CrmIsapi.dll and re-registered the CrmIsapi.dll. when I re-register CrmIsapi.dll I get an error 80004005 - unspecified. ??? I copied it to various places and retried it ... same result. I got the original from the disk and retried ... same result. unmapped it from .srf, restarted and retried to register it ... same result. Anyone experienced this. What's up with m...

unexpected conversion trouble

Trouble with Outlook 2003 and PST File
Hi, We have a user who is using Outlook 2003 and moves most emails to a PST file which is considered archived email data. They have reached the Max limited on this PST file of 1.99GBs and its not letting them open the PST file. It is trying to repair it when they try to open the PST file. Here is the message they receive: "Can't move the items. The file <path>\<filename>.pst has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, and then permanently delete them." I can't even get it open to delete...

Publisher 2003-How does one learn how to use it?
I'm disgusted with Microsoft. I purchased Microsoft 2003 with digital imaging expecting to find manuals on how to use the product. There was a manual for the digital imaging, but none for Publisher. How does one learn how to use Publisher, through osmosis? Not including an operating manual is like going into a restaurant and ordering your meal only to find out the restaurant doesn't supply silverware. Does anyone know ehere I can get a manual or training? I appreciate your responses. Ron strange you think Microsoft would care about what you think. Ron Publisher up to version...

Outlook Contacts #19
When I am trying to send emails, my Outlook (2003) is not recognizing emails. When I click on "To" and look in my contact list, the emails are listed, but Outlook isn't recognizing them like it usually does. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, please help! Thanks, Hillary Hill <hkbeatrice@hotmail.com> wrote: > When I click on "To" and look in my contact list, the emails > are listed, but Outlook isn't recognizing them like it usually does. The "emails" are listed? Do you mean the addresses? What do you mean by "Outlook i...

Importing contacts from Lotus Notes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel How can I export my Lotus Notes Contacts and import them into my contacts in Entourage? rgabsa@officeformac.com wrote: > How can I export my Lotus Notes Contacts and import them into my > contacts in Entourage? Entourage can import tab-delimited or comma-delimited text files for Contacts. Look under File --> Import... You'll need to determine if you can export your Contacts into one of these formats. Hope this helps! -- bill Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/> ...

Trouble with Pivot Tables & Named Ranges
Can I use a dynamic named range setup in one file as a range in pivot tables in another file? When I have the data source file (with the named range) and the pivot report files open, the pivot reports update just fine. But the moment I close the source data, the pivot reports no longer can update and I get a message that the source can't be found. If I reopen the source, the pivot tables work fine again - but as soon as I close it up, the reports no longer work. The source file is very large and I don't want to open it every time I have to update all the reports tha...

I am in trouble
Hi, I am a student in Cambodia.I don't have any girlfriend. I tried everything. I looked at them wrote poem to them it doesnt work. I got an account from facebook, hi5 friendster myspace. I have 0 girl friend. What should I do? I am so desperate. I am good looking and 250 kg only. Please help me or at least send me some foood I am hungry Best Regards Hungry Guy __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4944 (20100314) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com You're tr...

Business Contact Manager #36
I have Business contact mgr with outlook 2003, xp home on a Compaq 2700T laptop. Loaded it once. Soon after my battery died and killed the program. When I returned to outlook, the two BCM menus were gone. I have reinstalled outlook and BCM many times, but I can't get BCM (Business Contact Manager) to load again. Can anyone help? Go to the Control Panel and click on Mail. Add a new service and choose the business contact manager. -- Guy Lapierre www.forefrontbusinesssolutions.com "Tim Kirkland" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76a701c48465$c52758...

Sending contact "item" to others
If I send "John's" contact card as an item to "Mary", she receives it blank/can't see anything NO ATTACHMENT DISPLAYS, as if I hadn't attached it --which I knwo I did because of my "sent messages..." The same thing happens if I send a distribution list. What could be the issue? Is the problem when I send the card or when they receive it? How can I solve this? Make sure you insert the Contact Record as an Outlook Item in an RTF message and that neither of you uses email AV scanning. -- Russ Valentine "M" <M@discussions...

Publisher 2000 and Windows XP
I recently installed my Publisher 2000 on my new computer that runs XP. It worked fine for a while and now I can't see any pictures or clip art that I insert. All I get is a box with a big X through it where the picture or clip art is to be. I reinstalled, same thing. Any suggestions? Try View, pictures, detailed display... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "River" <River@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FFAAC37-FCA6-4C89-898C-F3637B761E49@microsoft.com... >I recently instal...

Lost contacts, folders and messages after repair
I am running Outlook 2002 SP 2 on a fairly new Dell. I was experiencing problems, so I ran the "Reapir" function from the Microsoft Office installation disk. The repair fixed the functionality of the program, but erased all my e-mail messages, folders, address book and settings. I was able to restore the settings and can access new email, but all my old data is lost. How can I restore my old address book, folders and saved email? Check the properties of yr current Personal Folder, to checks its name & location. Then Search, to include hidden files, for *.pst If this f...

Using a relative SHEET reference for source data in a chart
Hello All, I have a workbook with sheet 1 containing data, and sheet 2 containing charts based on the data in sheet 1. I want to be able to use these two sheets as templates for new sheets in the same workbook like so: sheet 1 data -------> sheet 2 chart sheet 3 data -------> sheet 4 chart sheet 5 data -------> sheet 6 chart etc. When I try to copy sheet 1 to sheet 3 all is well, but when I copy the charts in sheet 2 to sheet 4, those charts source data is still gathered from sheet 1. I need a method to replace the "sheet reference" in the source data to refer to ...