Toolbar won't auto-hide

Why is it that the auto-hide feature on my toolbar will not stay working
(XP, Vista, 7)?  I'll set it and it will work for a few times and then stop
working.  If I take it off and reset it the toolbar will usually auto-hide
for a little while and than the whole thing starts again.  Am I doing
something wrong?  Is Bill doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance... Bob

0
Bob

Well, Bob...

     It's almost as if no one is monitoring this group.  How many MVPs are
represented here?  My post is sitting there ignored as well.
     What you are seeing may be related to my own problem with the
Notification Area, down at the bottom-right of the screen.  Both with XP and
now with Vista, I can set my preferences, hit Apply and Okay (or whatever),
and, sure enough, the icons I wanted to get rid of disappear, but next time I
boot they may or may not reappear.
     It seems to me that things stay stable until it's time for the next
Windows Update, after which the icons pop back into the tray.  I'm pretty
sure I complained about this to the XP group a couple or three years ago, but
nothing definitive ever came of it.  I feel your pain.

"Bob Newman" wrote:

> Why is it that the auto-hide feature on my toolbar will not stay working
> (XP, Vista, 7)?  I'll set it and it will work for a few times and then stop
> working.  If I take it off and reset it the toolbar will usually auto-hide
> for a little while and than the whole thing starts again.  Am I doing
> something wrong?  Is Bill doing something wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance... Bob
>
> .

Never heard of such behavior.
Once you set Toolbar to autohide, whether WindowsXP or Vista, it does
autohide on my multiple machines (HP laptop, Asus laptop, HP desktop).

Let me suggest that you're running a lot of softwares + even regular IE when
they call for attention, they BLOCK Windows taskbar from hiding because
they're calling for attention and show themselves "flashing" on taskbar.

If that's your case, then toolbar will not autohide and for a good reason.
But it's rare, and not normal.

Are you saying "autohide toolbar" checkbox is cleared peridodically, by
itself?
Or does itt stay ON all the time, yettoolbar is not obeying this setting?

Which one of these two possibilities is happening on your machine?

0
Stan
3/2/2010 8:27:59 PM

"Stan Starinski" <China@stealsUSJobsPatentsSoftwareMusicVideo> wrote in
message news:ORvX5bkuKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Never heard of such behavior.
> Once you set Toolbar to autohide, whether WindowsXP or Vista, it does
> autohide on my multiple machines (HP laptop, Asus laptop, HP desktop).
>
> Let me suggest that you're running a lot of softwares + even regular IE
> when they call for attention, they BLOCK Windows taskbar from hiding
> because they're calling for attention and show themselves "flashing" on
> taskbar.
>
> If that's your case, then toolbar will not autohide and for a good reason.
> But it's rare, and not normal.
>
> Are you saying "autohide toolbar" checkbox is cleared peridodically, by
> itself?
> Or does itt stay ON all the time, yettoolbar is not obeying this setting?
>
> Which one of these two possibilities is happening on your machine?

It does stay checked all of the time.  Others have also told me they have
the same problem & it is a know issue (unverified).  BTW I am not sure if I
used the right word.  I think I should have said Taskbar (where the start
button resides) and not toolbar.

Thanks... Bob

0
Bob

Toolbar Macros
I posted this in the Programming newsgroup, but was given a Macro solution to this problem. So let me post again here. I'm just looking for an explanation as to how this stuff works. ----------------------------- I'm so confused!!! Some history... I have a workbook that I created maybe eight years ago, that has some simple macros that are run ONLY from this workbook, and are accessed by clicking on Tools menu, where the macros are listed at the bottom of the normal list. This macros (and the items on the Tools menu) are ONLY available for this particular workbook. I have tried ...

Can't remove "Visual Basic" toolbar & cannot add toolbars thru cus
Hi, I Can't remove the "Visual Basic" toolbar which has positioned itself right in the centre of the screen; it can't be removed or moved I also cannot add toolbars through the customise menu. Thanks. ...

Auto Filter based on cell value / drop down list
I have a spreadsheet that holds quality data for multiple products indexed on the date and time of production. Data from this is charte so I can see chronological trends either for all products or selecte ones using the autofilter. This currently works by placing the graph over the data table and setting them so they dont move with the cell beneath. What I want to do is put the graphs on a separate sheet in the workboo with a drop down list to select the product to chart. How can I get the auto filter to operate based on the value selected i the other sheet? Does this require macros or VB ...

Custom POS buttons > hides Totals & Function Keys
Hi. I have a custom pos button on the side that lets me navigate to my website. The button executes fine and launches the website inside the point of sale in the transaction frame. The problem is, when I get back to the transaction screen I have no Function Keys along with no Totals. I attempted to create a macro to turn on Totals and Function Keys through Ctrl+F6, but it does not seem to like that too much. I have tried creating the macro with just the keyboard as well as the keyboard and mouse together. Same deal. Any solutions ? Thanks Sam ...

ToolBar
Hi, I would like to have text on right on my toolbar. But only at some items. Like IE. I tryed it, but I had the space for text on the right at all items. And the space was long as the longest lext. Can U advise me, where I can find how to do this? Thanks a lot. Robert Have you looked at example MFCIE in MSDN which shows how to use MFC to create IE. I think what you need is individual sizing of each of the buttons. This sample should show it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Robert Camsky" <robertcamsky@atlas.cz> wrote in message news:OKuWLdf6DHA.226...

Enlarge QAT (Quick Action Toolbar) icons
I've looked for a way (& through this forum) to enlarge the icons in 'my' QAT, but this does not appear to be possible. Am I overlooking some tweak that can do this or is the size of those icons really fixed? Thanks in advance for your comments. To get bigger icons, I believe you will have to change the screen resolution in Windows. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "PLDV" <PLDV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63C6AAD4-5308-4183-B227-BFED12196793@microsoft.com... > I've looked for a way (& through this forum...

Remove a third party (PDF) toolbar item from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar
How does one remove a third party (Adobe PDF) toolbar item from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar permanently. Where is this info stored? sounds like you have Adobe Acrobat installed. Why not simply un-install it. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms SBCM wrote: > How does one remove a third party (Adobe PDF) toolbar item > from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar permanently. > Where is this info stored? ...

DPM 2010 RC
Is there a registry entry or group policy setting that we can use to hide the dpm client from our users? This would be very helpful. Thanks, Adam Westland You can remove the registry key 'DPMClientUI' present under: 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run'. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Adam Westland" <AdamWestland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2D33996-6046-4803-A370-126CABC9CCC4@microsoft.com... > Is th...

Drawing from Toolbar Crashes Excel 2008

Auto Expand fineky
Hello I have devised a table and associated lookup tables which work fine on the form. However the auto expand will work sometimes but not others. Anybody have any ideas On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 11:49:04 +0930, "Tony" <tony_mason@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello > >I have devised a table and associated lookup tables which work fine on the >form. > >However the auto expand will work sometimes but not others. > >Anybody have any ideas Not without more detailed information, no. You can see your computer... we can't! -- ...

Hide a DoModal
during call to my dlg.DoModal() before the dialog is shown for the first time I'd like to hide it. I have tried a ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) in the OnInitDialog but that did not work. How do I tell the DoModal to do everything except show the window ? >during call to my dlg.DoModal() before the dialog is shown for the first >time I'd like to hide it. >I have tried a ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) in the OnInitDialog but that did not >work. Michael, If you want the dialog to appear initially hidden here's a couple of possibilities I've seen posted before: Method 1 -------- ...

Auto recovery #6
Users are logging into Terminal Server 2003 and using excel 2002. Sometimes the server crashes, and they are in a Excel document. When everything comes back up and they open excel or that doc direct it doesnt show a auto recovered doc.. Users say when they where on Termanal server 2000 it did work. Any Ideas? ...

MSCRM 4.0 ISV Custom buttons not visible in Contact Detail Toolbar
Hello, After enabline isv integration in 4.0, I can see in the Accounts detail level toolbar the sample isv buttons, but when I goto Contacts detail toolbar, none are visible. I just added a button to the detail level toolbar in CRM 4.0. It was added basically to the same place as my old 3.0 in the isv.config, but after adding it wasn't visible. I then went to the ReadyServer image from Microsoft, and noticed that the isv.config was not present! (isv.xsd was present and accounted for). Since I could see the isv buttons in the account entity detail toolbar, I added my custom butto...

Size of toolbar buttons
Hello All How can I set the different size to different button of toolbar ( Exactly like Internet Explorer..The Width of Back and forward buttons is different ) What is style to be set of toolbat to achieve this? You probably want TBSTYLE_AUTOSIZE to do this. Here is a complete example. You probably need to look only at LoadMenu part. It should give you what you want: http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0199/c/c0199.aspx -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Roland" <ajay.sonawane@gmail.com> wrote in message news:69c0226e.0410050313.f223e9@posting.google.com... > Hel...

Auto Archving
Q question for all the Exchange gurus out there. How do you manage Auto Archiving in a long term Exchange environment? Is is best practice to not archive? Since by default archive pst's end up locally and then of course there is the backup nightmare, not to metion the evils of network pst files. If I ignore this and setup network archive pst files, then obviouslly having mobile users; this creates no end of problems. If I chose to either automate or manually run exemerge on the Exchange DB, is there a smooth mechanism to allow users to get their mail out of the archived pst's? Anyo...

Problem with adding toolbar items
I'm having an odd problem with the AddCommandToCmdBar function with GP 8.0 SP4 (haven't checked other versions). When I set the CloneCmd parameter to true, and create toolbar items for all users, it works fine. But when I set that parameter to false, it doesn't create toolbar items for any user, including the currently logged in one. When I check the toolbar item table in SQL (SY07125), I see that it added the items, but with a blank USERID. I have used the Login_GetInfo function to confirm that at the time we run our toolbar creation code, there is a logged in user. S...

Adding a button to the toolbar
I'm using Visio 2003 and frequently use the Visio Add-on (through Visio Extras) for numbering my objects. Instead of clicking through 3 submenus, I wish to put the "number shapes" Extra on my toolbar for easy access. Thank you! ...

source sheet to auto fill 2 other sheets
sheet1 witch is what i fill out (source data)i want the data to be auto filld into the next too sheets..an to also sort the the data (by date- verry important) from the 1st sheet. all 3 sheets r totaly difernt..same names though.. thx for any help ...

Default toolbars and toolbar buttons seen instead of customization #2
Hi, I just got excel 2003. After I customize my toolbar close excel and then reopen the default toolbar reappears and my customization is lost. Any one know how to solve it? Hagai ...

Auto resend message from Outlook / Exchange
Yesterday I have got problems with my company exchange / outlook , i am not sure, the story as a user report suddently outlook auto send out last year message to another user. same day another user report suddely receive last year message, i try search send message in outlook send item, but no this message, i am note sure which part problems. ITJACKIE wrote: > Yesterday I have got problems with my company exchange / outlook , i > am not sure, the story as a user report suddently outlook auto send > out last year message to another user. same day another user report > suddely r...

Getting rid of auto capital when starting new line?
Since I write a lot of poetry I want to get rid of the auto capitalize at start of new line of text. How do I do this? Word considers a new line as the start of a new paragraph and thus as a new paragraph begins with a capital letter, autocorrect changes the lower case letter to upper case. There are three ways to deal with this 1. Turn off the autocorrect option 'capitalise first letter of sentences. 2. Press CTRL+Z to immediately undo the capitalisation as it occurs 3. (and probably the best in your circumstances) press Shift+Enter to create a line break within the curren...

Auto updating a chat
I have a table, 1 record is one day. I want a chart that will select the last thirty days (records) how do i do this without having to updating the chart manually ? Thanks in advance Jay ...

Custom Toolbars and Relative Macros
Hi I've made a custom toolbar, EGI, which has two buttons on it. The toolbar is attached to the workbook. However, the workbook is only a template workbook, so many copies of it will be made. When this happens the toolbar buttons relate to the original (template) workbook. How can I make the buttons be 'relative' to the workbooks? Thanks! Assign the macros in the Workbook_Open event Private Sub Workbook_Open() With Application.Commandbars("MyBar") .Controls("Ctl1").OnAction = "myMacro1" .Controls("Ctl2").OnAction...

Drop Down Lists and Auto Fill
I am trying to create a bid calculater. I have created a dropdown list of equipment. Each piece of equipment has a rental rate and an operator rate. How can I make it so when I select a piece of equipment from my drop down list the rental rate is pulld too? You would normally use a VLOOKUP for this, something like: =VLOOKUP(A1,table,2,0) assuming A1 is where your drop-down is, "table" is a named range covering your data (which may be in another sheet), and that the rate you want is the second column of "table". Hope this helps. Pete On Mar 21, 3:52 pm, Ken <K......

Auto-Send a premade .OFT file from Command Line
Is there any way you can send a pre-made .OFT file automatically to a pre-determined email address? The effect I want is something similar to the logic below: send welcome-message.OFT to <thisemailaddress@whatever.com> Of course the above would just send the pre-written welcome message to the specified email address, without asking any questions -- just do it. where does the specified address come from? if from an incoming email, try rules and choose the option to replay using a specific template. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours C...