time & date settings

The time and dateeetings keep reverting to 2007, and incorrect time.
I reset it, and it stays that way until I shutdown. On reboot the time and
date revert to the incorrect values.
Any suggestions as to why this happens? Is there a way to keep the clock
and/or date correct?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

0
marshall

Your computer's CMOS battery has run out of power and needs to be replaced.
It means taking the computer apart, locating the battery (usually a CR2032
lithium battery) and replace..

--
Thomas Wendell
Helsinki, Finland

"marshall" <marshall1931@optusnet.com.au> kirjoitti
viestiss�:OSzQMeYRLHA.5172@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> The time and dateeetings keep reverting to 2007, and incorrect time.
> I reset it, and it stays that way until I shutdown. On reboot the time and
> date revert to the incorrect values.
> Any suggestions as to why this happens? Is there a way to keep the clock
> and/or date correct?

Thomas
8/27/2010 1:55:32 AM
If all your BIOS settings revert to defaults, the motherboard battery
(usually a CR2032) has run down and needs to be replaced.

If only the time reverts, the clock chip on the motherboard has failed
and you need a new motherboard unless you are prepared to reset the time
each time you boot.

On 27/08/2010 02:32, marshall wrote:
> The time and dateeetings keep reverting to 2007, and incorrect time.
> I reset it, and it stays that way until I shutdown. On reboot the time
> and date revert to the incorrect values.
> Any suggestions as to why this happens? Is there a way to keep the clock
> and/or date correct?
Dominic
8/27/2010 6:12:38 AM
Replace battery used as backup for BIOS chip, specifically CMOS part of
BIOS.
If you don't know what it means, give the computer to someone, it takes
minutes (or an hour if you don't know location right off your head), battery
costs a few dollars or less.

P.S. Battery death happens very rarely b/c modern computers get replaced
faster than battery ends its life, you must've been kept this computer for a
long time or poor chip design  or low-quality battery.  In many desktops it
is even recharged when plugged intio ACpower, so rarely dies, yours is dead
I guarantee it.
Replace it.

DISPOSE OF BATTERIES PROPERLY - IT'S TOXIC, accumulate them & drop off at
designated recycling locations.

Stan Starinski

0
Stan
8/27/2010 4:12:14 PM
You know how to tell someone about their computer battery, yet you have no
clue how to correctly set your clock.  I suggest calling tech support and
they can walk you through the process.  I know setting your clock is a big
challenge for you, but with help, even you can do it.

"Stan Starinski" <China@stealsUSJobsPatentsSoftwareMusicVideo.edu> wrote in
message news:OV#pKJgRLHA.4996@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Replace battery used as backup for BIOS chip, specifically CMOS part of
> BIOS.
> If you don't know what it means, give the computer to someone, it takes
> minutes (or an hour if you don't know location right off your head),
> battery costs a few dollars or less.
>
> P.S. Battery death happens very rarely b/c modern computers get replaced
> faster than battery ends its life, you must've been kept this computer for
> a long time or poor chip design  or low-quality battery.  In many desktops
> it is even recharged when plugged intio ACpower, so rarely dies, yours is
> dead I guarantee it.
> Replace it.
>
> DISPOSE OF BATTERIES PROPERLY - IT'S TOXIC, accumulate them & drop off at
> designated recycling locations.
>
> Stan Starinski

0
Colon
8/27/2010 4:56:53 PM
William,

Life is short.
Stop worrying about someone's CLOCK, if that someone is telling you his
clock is correct and he has an Master's degree & has done PhD work, an dso
on, and on, why do you keep reminding that SMART person how to setupo clock
when it is clearly an ISP issue?
Internet provider is not transmitting Time correctly, MAYBE.
Or you imagining something.

His clock is correct.
Give it a rest.

0
Ibrahim
8/27/2010 6:07:10 PM
On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 14:03:27 -0500, Ibrahim Al-Qassam (Abdelaziz) wrote:

> William,
>
> Life is short.
> Stop worrying about someone's CLOCK, if that someone is telling you his
> clock is correct and he has an Master's degree & has done PhD work, an dso
> on, and on, why do you keep reminding that SMART person how to setupo clock
> when it is clearly an ISP issue?
> Internet provider is not transmitting Time correctly, MAYBE.
> Or you imagining something.
>
> His clock is correct.
> Give it a rest.

Are you people taking proper account of relativistic effects?

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
0

"Ibrahim Al-Qassam (Abdelaziz)" <IranWillRuleWorld@alibaba.ir> wrote in
message news:i58ukd$3lj$1@news.eternal-september.org...
> William,
>
> Life is short.
> Stop worrying about someone's CLOCK, if that someone is telling you his
> clock is correct and he has an Master's degree & has done PhD work, an dso
> on, and on, why do you keep reminding that SMART person how to setupo
> clock when it is clearly an ISP issue?
> Internet provider is not transmitting Time correctly, MAYBE.
> Or you imagining something.
>
> His clock is correct.
> Give it a rest.

Stan:

You CLAIM to have a Master's degree and done PhD work and you can't figure
out how to fix your clock?  No wonder you are out of work.  You have now
clue how to spell or even use spell check.  Maybe you are incompetent and
have a mental illness.

In that case, donate your computer to charity and go outside.

0
Colon
8/27/2010 7:23:15 PM
"marshall" <marshall1931@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> The time and dateeetings keep reverting to 2007, and incorrect time.
> I reset it, and it stays that way until I shutdown. On reboot the time and
> date revert to the incorrect values.
> Any suggestions as to why this happens? Is there a way to keep the clock
> and/or date correct?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

usually this is because of a faulty battery that stores your cmos. try
having a new battery instaloled on the motherboard. the battery's voltage
must be correct for your motherboard, it can be done by the user, but a
computer store could easily change it.

0
Dianna
8/28/2010 3:15:57 AM
The standard answer would be that the CMOS battery has failed.  But there
are other possibilities.

So, how old is the machine?  And did it ever work correctly?

    - Bill

"marshall" <marshall1931@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> The time and dateeetings keep reverting to 2007, and incorrect time.
> I reset it, and it stays that way until I shutdown. On reboot the time and
> date revert to the incorrect values.
> Any suggestions as to why this happens? Is there a way to keep the clock
> and/or date correct?

Bill
8/28/2010 6:42:08 PM
Thanks for the info. However, I discovered that it was one program,
aivreminder,  that caused the clock to revert to 2007. Since uninstalling
it, the clock has been fine.
"marshall" <marshall1931@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> The time and dateeetings keep reverting to 2007, and incorrect time.
> I reset it, and it stays that way until I shutdown. On reboot the time and
> date revert to the incorrect values.
> Any suggestions as to why this happens? Is there a way to keep the clock
> and/or date correct?

marshall

formulae for dates
below formulae =TODAY()-(LEFT(C1,2)*365.25)-((MID(C1,7+FIND("",MID(C1,7,99)),2))*365.25/12) gives an output is mm/dd/yy on entering 0 years x months but if I enter 0 years 10 months or 11 months it gives me wrong date e.g if entered 0 years 10 months it gives 31 april 2006 plz advise thanks Hi Gerald You are missing the space between the quotes in your formula Try =TODAY()-(LEFT(C1,2)*365.25)-((MID(C1,7+FIND(" ",MID(C1,7,99)),2))*365.25/12) -- Regards Roger Govier "Gerald" <Gerald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CF4029E-2BAA...

Time zone
When I noticed the clock on my pc was wrong, I changed the time zone from Pacific to Eastern which is my correct U.S. time zone. After doing this, all of the items inserted as "all day" appointments in my monthly calendar are displayed with an image of a clock on either side of the appointment. The option to display clocks is turned off in the settings. Why is this happening and how can I prevent it from happening. Right now, I've had to put back the Pacific time zone and adjust to the pc not telling the right time. Is there any other solution? Thanks! ddlaz No ...

Today's date as a vertical line on Bar chart
There is probably a way to do this but I do not know how. In XL 2007, on a dynamic stacked bar chart set up as a dynamic gantt chart, is there a way to make today's date appear as a dynamic vertical grid line? Jeff ...

e-mail settings
I copied my settings from my older desktop computer but I can't send or receive e-mail on this laptop with Windows 7. Any suggestions? Assuming you installed Windows Live Mail... Do you get any error messages? If so, right-click on it, select Copy. then Paste it into a reply here. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "Pam" wrote in message news:F0ED8964-BBA5-4FF3-998E-88D7EE64C1C9@microsoft.com... I copied my settings from my older desktop computer but I can't send or receive e-mail on this laptop with Wind...

Send/Receive continues 1000s of times
When Outlook does its regular send/receive it ends up sending and receiving thousands of times. The task pane shows an ever increasing number of tasks that it says have been completed successfully. When all it actually is doing is rechecking the mail accounts I have, over and over again. Literally thousands of times. This interferes with anything that I want to do in Outlook while this is going on. It seems to have started after I downloaded either the latest version of itunes or the latest version of Adobe (or some other application like that). Help! And thanks. Per Roady - MVP, th...

One time code
In either an SDI or MDI application, if I want to include some functionality ( such as serial port configuration and control thread) that can only be run once per application instance, where should that code go? I looked at the App class but it doesn't handle user messages ( at least by default ). Should the main code and worker thread go in the MainFrm class in the OnCreate function? Help? Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- If it has to do with the "wi...

Have to set up exchange account details in outlook for new users manually
Hello, I'm quite new to AD + Exchange so please forgive any stupid questions. When I create a new user in AD I am able to create a mailbox in exchange for the user at the same time. However, I then have to log on as the user, and am prompted to configure the email account details in Outlook. Is there a way (and I'm sure there is) the Outlook details can be completed automatically please? Am using Windows Server + Exchange 2003. Clients connect via Citrix. Thanks Ricki On 10 Mar 2007 10:04:51 -0800, "Coopa" <ricki.cooper@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I'...

cpu time
Hi, Can you tell me about good tool for vs-6 that can tell me what functions in my application take the most cpu time? Thanks! In article <u$YZa3o9EHA.2680@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, dbg@012.net.il says... > Hi, > Can you tell me about good tool for vs-6 that can tell me what functions in > my application take the most cpu time? VS 6 includes a perfectly good profiler, which does exactly this. If you're working inside the environment, go to the link tab in the project settings, and click the "enable profiling" check box, then do a 'rebuild all' to gene...

Month Function on UK dates formats (dd/mm/yyy)
Hi, (Excel 2007) I'm in the US, created 2 tabs, 1 with US dates (formatted as DATE) and the other tab with UK dates (also formatted as DATE). File sent to UK to enter dates (dd/mm/yyyy) =MONTH works find pulling out months from US dates, but fails on some UK dates. FAILS on =month(13/1/2010) #VALUE! but ok with =month(12/1/2010). I suspect it is failing because it's "out of date range". My goal is to pull out the month from all UK dates. THANK for your help! Gene It may be for than just a formatting issue. For example in A1 enter: 1/13/2010 (US format...

Date, Weekdays
Hi! Could you please help me with date formula. I need to enter 2 days before but it must be a weekday. e.g 12 Sep 2005 must show 9 Sep 2005 and also 13 Sep 2005 must show 9 Sep 2005. What I have is NOW()-2 , but it shows 10 Sep 2005 which is wrong. -- Heckstein ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Heckstein's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27153 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=466653 "Heckstein" wrote: > > Hi! > > Could you please help me wi...

Date + 10 days?
I have a field that shows the date I sent a notice to someone. I want to create a field that automatically shows the date the notice is due back, which is 10 days from the sent date. I would also like the field to show up in red when the due date is past. =?Utf-8?B?YXJjaDI1Mg==?= <arch252@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:9F8D2485-C1BB-41DB-8B94-E5DA949F87C2@microsoft.com: > I have a field that shows the date I sent a notice to someone. > I want to create a field that automatically shows the date > the notice is due back, which is 10 days from the sent date. >...

Time Out a MsgBox
I have a file that runs a macro when it is open. This file may be opened manually or automatically by a macro from another file. If the file is opened manually I would like a MsgBox to prompt the user to end the macro before it gets into the body of the code. If the file is opened automatically I would like the MsgBox to automatically respond after a time delay to allow the macro to continue running the bulk of the code. Is there anyway to force a response to a MsgBox after a preset amount of time with no response from the user? Hi, How about this instead which closes...

Setting Outlook Today as a default view in registry
I need to know what registry key I need to update and how to setup Outllok Today a a default view in Outlook 2003. THX. ...

How do I set default comment font
Setting Excel text in Options | General tab doesn't effect comment text size. I want to set comment text to larger size by default --To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK (Note: selecting a font type here will not affect the default font used in Excel's comments) Paul Matrix wrote: > Setting Excel text in Options | Ge...

Calculating time and pay in excel
Hi, i'm trying to make a spreadsheet that can calculate pay per minute depending on an average length of time worked. Its driving me crazy and any help would be greatly appreciated! Coloumn A is length of time, at the bottom is a total time, next to that is an average length of time worked and this is then multiplied by the amount appropriate for that average. What would be the best way to work all of this out accurately? Many thanks for any help you can give Mark -- wobbleman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wobbleman's Profile: http://www.e...

Am I behind the times?
I have just installed Exchange sp2 on my SBS 2008 boxes and all went well. One weird thing at the end of one of the installs it said Web Apps (I think) couldn't restore default configuration, but everything seems to be working just fine. So then I went to look for updates and I see a few that I must have missed. I use WSUS on the network. One is Exchange SP2 update rollup 3. Go for it or no? Second, Windows Server 2008 SP2. Yikes, when did that come out for SBS? I wonder why it never popped up before since it looks like it's been out for quite some time. Nonetheless, s...

How do I use same date parameters for different queries and report
I'm having the same problem as Gavelle described below. That is: I've followed the advice and set up a form to have my queries and reports pick the dates from the form. But the queries/reports are still asking me to enter the beginning and ending date parameters for each query/report. Also, when i set up the form it runs the query correctly. But when i try to run the query (or report based off the query) I only get a general parameter box stating Enter Parameter Value "forms!FORMNAME!StartDate and another for the end date. Everything in my query criteria is typed correc...

run time error
When I attempt to import a text file (.txt) in to Access, an error occurs. Run-time error �3163�: The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data When I click the Debug button this pops up: .Fields("TranType").Value = rs("MoveType").Value A different error occurs when save it to my desktop, and this is what happens.Run-time error �2185�: You can�t reference a property or method for a control unless the control has the focus. When I click the Debug button this pops up: MsgBox "Import File Not Found:&quo...

Start Time & End Time
I have a table of data for my Scheduled cutting list that is exported from another program into an Excel Spreadsheet and from this table I would like to be able to find the start and end time of the production runs automatically in a separate table. The table is set up like this Planned order Time Product Description Volume 12345 08:00:00 Product 1 3500 23435 11:32:00 Product 2 5680 14567 13:24:00 Product 3 10000 and so on. I can find the start time by us...

Date Lookup
Hi, assuming the following data: A B 1 31-Dec-2009 50 2 4-Jan-2010 30 3 5-Jan-2010 20 In C, I have the date for the first day of every month e.g. 1-Jan-2010. In the adjacent cell in D, i need to lookup the value in B for the first number that occur for that month (in this case 4-Jan and so, the number should be 30). I tried various formula but as there are no 1-Jan in column A, it returns the value of 50 (31-Dec). Anyone here has a solution for this? Thanks Hi, If there was a 1 jan in your data what would you want to return th...

displaying the date of every 7th day in a colomn
I would like tio display the date for every Monday in a colomn starting from a past Monday date. Can anyone be of assistance? George, with your start data in A1, put this in A2 and drag down as far as needed =A1+7 -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "George the machinist" <George the machinist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73B42142-116A-474D-8627-DCA4EF98EB7C@microsoft.com... > I wo...

Transferring freight more than one time on a sales order
We frequently have partial shipments of sales orders and we leave the sales order open until everything has shipped instead of creating backorders. The system will allow you to have several tracking numbers for each order but you can only transfer the freight once. I would like to make the suggestion to be able to transfer freight more than one time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, ...

Incorrect Time Stamps
Exchange seems to be stamping the wrong time on emails and events sporadically. All the times on servers are correct. Any thoughts? -- Craig Tuttle - Level I Exchange Tech UCNSB.org The time stamp can also be handled by the client. Which exact time field is being stamped wrong? Have you verified that the client has the correct time (i.e. Daylight savings time set correctly)? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Craig Tuttle" <CraigTuttle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02D51926-77DC-43EB-A5B5-7A00F4530323@microsoft.com... > Exchange seems to b...

subtracting 28 days from a date
I know this is simple, but I am at a loss...A1 is a given date...A2 needs to be 28 days prior. Formula please? -- Bill RPC On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 14:40:03 -0800, Billrpc <Billrpc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know this is simple, but I am at a loss...A1 is a given date...A2 needs to >be 28 days prior. Formula please? Try this formula in cell A2: =A1-28 Hope this helps / Lars-�ke Got it, I knew it was simple, but I still don't know what was wrong. -- Bill RPC "Billrpc" wrote: > I know this is simple, but I am at a loss...A1 is...

How chart time scale x-axis with another date serie
Hello all. I have this problem, I will need to create this chart that I don't know how to. Serie 1 is below which needs to be time scaled Date Count 1/1/2006 12 1/2/2006 3 1/3/2006 5 2/1/2006 18 2/3/2006 4 2/18/2006 9 4/1/2006 18 7/4/2006 38 Serie 2 - needs to plot the three dates in serie 1's time scaled X-Axis with symbols. 1/31/2006 2/18/2006 4/2/2006 I will look something like you have a line of count on a time-scaled chart, with 3 dates point in the x-axis. Please ...