The computer restarted unexpectedly or has encountered an unexpected error.

Hello people,
After I haven�t used my PC(vista) for two weeks I started it and
anything looked normal but when the vista green background appears(where
you normally choose the user)  suddenly this error pops up:

�The computer restarted unexpectedly or has encountered an unexpected
error. Windows
installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click OK to restart
your
computer and then restart installation.�

The only thing I can do is press Ok, if I do so my computer restarts
and the same error appears.

Some things I can and can�t do:
I can�t reach my desktop.
I can�t choose my user.
I can enter a second screen my pressing F12 or tab.
I can insert a CD/DVD.

Do anyone knows how I can solve this problem? Please reply.

Xiffix

--
Xiffix
Xiffix's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/167658.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
Xiffix

Xiffix wrote:
> Hello people,
> After I haven�t used my PC(vista) for two weeks I started it and
> anything looked normal but when the vista green background appears(where
> you normally choose the user)  suddenly this error pops up:
>
> �The computer restarted unexpectedly or has encountered an unexpected
> error. Windows
> installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click OK to restart
> your
> computer and then restart installation.�
>
> The only thing I can do is press Ok, if I do so my computer restarts
> and the same error appears.
>
> Some things I can and can�t do:
> I can�t reach my desktop.
> I can�t choose my user.
> I can enter a second screen my pressing F12 or tab.
> I can insert a CD/DVD.
>
> Do anyone knows how I can solve this problem? Please reply.
>
> Xiffix

someone been fooling with it while you were out?
0
philo
12/26/2009 4:38:11 PM
nope, not asfar i know so i dont think so.

--
Xiffix
Xiffix's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/167658.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1286416.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
Xiffix
12/26/2009 6:21:53 PM
"Xiffix" <Xiffix.43tg3c@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> nope, not asfar i know so i dont think so.

Don't know what happened but before you go any further you need to backup
any data you have

One way is to boot with a live Linux CD and copy your data to an external
drive

0
philo
12/27/2009 12:54:29 AM
i dont really have a backup, so i need to make one, but i have a lot of
things on my PC; games, movies, music and documents.

i have red some other things on other forums, and they say if there is
a way that i can reach my desktop, then i can fix it.

--
Xiffix
Xiffix's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/167658.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1286416.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
Xiffix
12/27/2009 9:12:40 AM
You might try getting a recovery disk here:

http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

"Xiffix" <Xiffix.43uizb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> i dont really have a backup, so i need to make one, but i have a lot of
> things on my PC; games, movies, music and documents.
>
> i have red some other things on other forums, and they say if there is
> a way that i can reach my desktop, then i can fix it.
>

> --
> Xiffix
> Xiffix's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/167658.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1286416.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Bob
12/27/2009 8:00:06 PM
okay, and how do use this thing, i downloaded the thing and burned it on
a CD. and then...? boot from CD but how? how do i run from the CD in
stead of HD?

--
Xiffix
Xiffix's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/167658.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1286416.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
Xiffix
12/27/2009 10:00:14 PM
If you burned the .iso image file to CD/DVD, it should be ready to boot. It
all depends on the PC for the way to boot from CD first. Sometimes it's a
function key you hit when the PC is just starting up, or you have to go into
the BIOS setup and change the boot order there.

Bob

"Xiffix" <Xiffix.43vj3c@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> okay, and how do use this thing, i downloaded the thing and burned it on
> a CD. and then...? boot from CD but how? how do i run from the CD in
> stead of HD?
>

> --
> Xiffix
> Xiffix's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/167658.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1286416.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Bob
12/27/2009 10:44:30 PM
i have an:
Scaleo Pi 2680 and more info on: 'here' (http://tinyurl.com/ykj63wp)

i hope you can help me, cuz i cant understand how to do it...

--
Xiffix
Xiffix's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/167658.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1286416.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
Xiffix
12/27/2009 11:44:34 PM
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 05:14:34 +0530, Xiffix wrote:

> i have an:
> Scaleo Pi 2680 and more info on: 'here' (http://tinyurl.com/ykj63wp)
>
> i hope you can help me, cuz i cant understand how to do it...

first just try re-booting the machine with the cd in the drive.

Felmon
0
felmon
12/28/2009 6:13:53 AM
there are two problems about that, i dont have a CD. And i dont know how
to boot from CD.

i've tried this, but it did not work, that was cuz i the CD bad, or i
dont know how.

--
Xiffix
Xiffix's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/167658.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1286416.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
Xiffix
12/28/2009 9:39:46 AM
On 12/28/09, Xiffix posted:
> there are two problems about that, i dont have a CD. And i dont know how
> to boot from CD.

> i've tried this, but it did not work, that was cuz i the CD bad, or i
> dont know how.

If you just put the iso file on the CD as a file, it won't work. You
need to use software that can burn the iso to a cd as an image.

CDBurnerXP is free and will do that.

--
Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Gene
12/30/2009 2:50:09 AM
UPDATE!
I've bin to a computer store and they backuped my documents and now i
just have to reinstal windows. I was thinking, cant i just instal
windows 7? Becouse i like new version, and i read that 7 is quite good.
Is it able to download? I was looking, and i saw this one and what do
you ppl think of this one?'here'
(http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5182426/Microsoft_Windows_7_Ultimate_Retail(Final)_x86_and_x64)

thnx for all your good help.
i hope its good.

Xiffix

--
Xiffix
Xiffix's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/167658.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1286416.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
Xiffix
12/30/2009 7:10:38 PM
On 12/30/09, Xiffix posted:
> UPDATE!
> I've bin to a computer store and they backuped my documents and now i
> just have to reinstal windows. I was thinking, cant i just instal
> windows 7? Becouse i like new version, and i read that 7 is quite good.
> Is it able to download? I was looking, and i saw this one and what do
> you ppl think of this one?'here'
> (http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5182426/Microsoft_Windows_7_Ultimate_Retail(Final)_x86_and_x64)

> thnx for all your good help.
> i hope its good.

> Xiffix

If you donwload and install a pirated version, you will deserve
whatever evil it does to your machine.

--
Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Gene
12/30/2009 11:42:42 PM
If you don't have Windows 7 now & want it you should pay for the upgrade!
Bob

"Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
> On 12/30/09, Xiffix posted:
>> UPDATE!
>> I've bin to a computer store and they backuped my documents and now i
>> just have to reinstal windows. I was thinking, cant i just instal
>> windows 7? Becouse i like new version, and i read that 7 is quite good.
>> Is it able to download? I was looking, and i saw this one and what do
>> you ppl think of this one?'here'
>> (http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5182426/Microsoft_Windows_7_Ultimate_Retail(Final)_x86_and_x64)
>
>> thnx for all your good help.
>> i hope its good.
>
>> Xiffix
>
> If you donwload and install a pirated version, you will deserve whatever
> evil it does to your machine.
>
> --
> Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Bob
1/2/2010 1:31:48 AM
And whom are you talking to? Certainly not me.

On 1/01/10, Bob D. posted:
> If you don't have Windows 7 now & want it you should pay for the upgrade!
> Bob

> "Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
>> On 12/30/09, Xiffix posted:
>>> UPDATE!
>>> I've bin to a computer store and they backuped my documents and now i
>>> just have to reinstal windows. I was thinking, cant i just instal
>>> windows 7? Becouse i like new version, and i read that 7 is quite good.
>>> Is it able to download? I was looking, and i saw this one and what do
>>> you ppl think of this one?'here'
>>> (http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5182426/Microsoft_Windows_7_Ultimate_Retail(Final)_x86_and_x64)
>>
>>> thnx for all your good help.
>>> i hope its good.
>>
>>> Xiffix
>>
>> If you donwload and install a pirated version, you will deserve whatever
>> evil it does to your machine.
>>
>> -- Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

--
Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Gene

kindly, before I crash this computer against the wall..
....does someone know why when I write this declaration: dim idx as Index (or even DAO.Index) it changes into: dim idx as index (or DAO.index) ....and obviously it screams errors if I run the code. References seem fine. As a guess, you have defined index somewhere in your database. I am surprised however that Dim idx as DAO.INDEX does not overcome the problem. Does this happen in just one database or in any database you have? If just one, you might try to decompile and then compile your VBA code and see if that helps. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 Th...

AOL and Connection Error
Hey Folks! I need some help ASAP. The last two days the AOL SMTP queue is building while everything is is getting delivered. This is what I have and have no idea how to solve it.... Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event ID: 4007 Description: Message delivery to the host '205.188.159.217' failed while delivering to the remote domain 'aol.com' for the following reason: The connection was dropped due to an SMTP protocol event sink. The SMTP verb which caused the error is 'quit'. The response from the remote server is ''. I went to my DNS and cle...

Expression Service error
Receive the following when syncing with a Palm: otSync operation started 11/11/03 07:31:26 Expense - sync configured to Do Nothing -- Outlook Calendar User: northrk Version: 3.1.2 The Expression Service does not appear to be functioning properly. Please see the help file topic "Expression Service" OK Outlook Calendar with 1 message(s) Can anyone suggest a download fix? ...

Word 2007 Error message
Hello, I'm currently using Works Suite 2006. I am attempting to intall the Word 2007 upgrade to no avail as I receiving the following error message: SET-UP ERROR D:\wordR.ww\osetup.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present I would appreciate any advice and/or suggestions so that I can install Word 2007. Ciao, Jerry Sorry Jerry but this is Microsoft Access forum. You need to post this question to a different group to find any useful help. "Jerry T" <Jerry T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B45E64C3-D080-405E-9159-CB3E7F73AFFC@micr...

Mac Word freezes Computer my computer
I have recntly purchased an apple Macbook intel core Duo notebook running Tiger and MS office for mac version 2004 for students. both have been fully updated off of the web. When I load a word doc file off of my USB stick all's well until I try to then save a file; when quite often, the coloured circle appears forever, when word on the tool bay is touched it indicates that " word is not responding" when I try to force quit this some times works BUT then finder will not work and will not reset, so the only way to regain control of the computer is to hold down the "on/off key&...

How to Use One PST file on Two Computers?
Hello: I have a desktop machine with a pst file in my Outlook 2003. I would like to copy this pst file to my laptop. How do I synchronize the same file on 2 machines so I won't get duplicate e-mails? I use one premium Yahoo e-mail account and several free Yahoo accounts with YahooPOPs.. Thanks in advance, Spudy Hi Spudy, it is not possible by default to share PST files. A list of a list of third-party synctools are also on this site: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm On the Microsoft Office Marketplace site is a list of third-party messaging tools: http://office.microsoft.com...

Unable to Open a backup file (Money 2004) on a new computer
Though I am computer savvy, MS Money is driving me crazy. Last year I have installed Money 2004 on my laptop and used it once a month to download transactions. Everytime I close money, I get a new file created on my hard disk with the name "My Money Backup ++.mbf", where + indicates a number. I always open the latest .mbf file to access the information. Now I have purchased a new laptop and installed Money 2004 on that as well. I have copied the latest .mbf file from my old laptop onto a diskette and tried to open it from the new laptop in vain. Whatever I do, I get stuc...

sbs 2008 launcher error
just loaded sbs 2008. when i run either the http://connect or launcher i get the errror 'an error occurred while downloading the connect computer application. please run this application again.' i tried this on both a vista and xpp client. i have been reading a few post on this but no solution found. any suggestions? Thanks. -- sgman ...

Error when moving mailbox

Restoring computer
I would like to restore my computer from the day I got it. Does anyone know how to do this? I am fed up its all screwy and I think this will fix all our cont. problems Depends on what OS you are running. You can always reformat your hard drive. But save anything that you want to keep first. ALso on xp you can do a restore. but it only goes back so far. Still save important files because it will erase them. "high5me" <high5me@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%23ep9TO0hFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I would like to restore my computer from the day I got it. ...

multiple emails error
When I try to send one email, outlook sends multiple emails (up to 67 at one time). ...

VALUE error message
I would like I5 to equal F5+G5-h5. I get a value error message. one or more of the cells F5,G5 or H5 probably have text in them, either a number entered/pasted as text, or a "blank" made by pressing the space bar (and inserting a space character). For the first problem, copy an empty cell, select F5:H5 and choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Add radio buttons, then click OK. This will coerce any "text" numbers to real numbers. For the latter, use the del key or Edit/Clear/Contents rather than the spacebar to clear the cell. Note that SUM(F5:G5,-H5...

Copying profiles from computer to computer
Hi there, does anyone know where I will find the folder where Outlook 2002 profiles are kept. My team hotdesk and I want to set up all their profiles on one machine then copy them over to each of the other machines rather than going through setting something like 35 profiles up on each. The machines are all windows 98 SE Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks Paul "Paul" <paulmckinlay@nospam_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:12cb701c4434c$2702d8d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Any help would be gratefully received. > Thanks > Paul The profile informati...

Switching Outlook Contacts to Apple computer
I have been unable to find away to import my Outlook contacts and calender information to a Apple/Mac Powerbook G4 using the OS X platform. Can anyone give me some suggestions.I have Entourage X as email. Thanks, Not sure about how to deal with your calendar information, but you can export your Outlook contacts to a spread sheed, then import them from the spread sheet to you apple application. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond "Brent" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017b01c3c58f$b297bdb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have been unable to find a...

How to share Outlook 2003 with 3 computers (peer to peer)
How to I share my Outlook folders, calendar, contacts, tasks, notes? NO Exchange Server! ( I am peer to peer with 3 computers in my office) help! David Create a Personal Folders file on a drive/share that all 3 computer have access to. This PST file can be opened via the File > Open > Outlook data file on each machine. Now for the bad news, Outlook opens the file for exclusive access. Therefore when Machine A has Outlook running, Machines B/C cannot open/work with this shared personal folders file. By the way, there are 3rd party solutions that let multiple machines share t...

Import Export (produces internal trandlation system error)
When activating Import / Export the next box to show up is an error box saying "ternal tranlastion system error" Any thoughts appriciated, Glen. glen@computercare.co.nz ...

Error binding display name
Hello, I have just followed KB article 317327 on my SBS 2003 machine so as to add an email disclaimer. I got the below error when trying to register the sink: - C:\PROGRA~1\Exchsrvr>cd scripts C:\PROGRA~1\Exchsrvr\scripts>cscript smtpreg.vbs /add 1 OnArrival SMTPDisclaimer SMTPEventSink.Disclaimer "mail from=*@mydomain.com" Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved. Binding Display Name Specified: SMTPDisclaimer ** Registration Failed ** Err.Number (HRESULT) = 0x1AD Err.Description = Act...

transferring e-mails between computers
Can anyone tell me how to copy/transfer my e-mails from one computer to another without risking over-writing all of the e-mails on the new computer. The old e-mails are on Outlook Express 5. Thanks very much. >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone tell me how to copy/transfer my e-mails from >one computer to another without risking over-writing all >of the e-mails on the new computer. The old e-mails are >on Outlook Express 5. > >Thanks very much. >. >If you are keeping your e-mails on the server you don't have to do anything. However, if you are keepi...

Transaction Manager error on E2K
Hi all, I'm copying in below an error from my event logs that I'm not familiar with. I did find an article on Technet about it but I don't think it "clicked" with me; I'm not really sure about the cause/resolution. Anyone who could shed some light on this would be greatly appreciated! Event Type: Error Event Source: ESE Event Category: Transaction Manager Event ID: 623 Date: 11/26/2004 Time: 10:55:46 AM User: N/A Computer: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Description: Information Store (4172) 8ddd4d57-28f4-47f5-af61-ef70224ef0a1: The version store for this instance (0) has reache...

Great Plains-error "Files for this company have not been updated"
I have installed great plains ver. 8.0 for a database that has different language (arabic). I have replaced all the arabic dic files with the english files. It is running fine on the default company (fabrikam) but is not running on the customized company database and generating the following error: "Files for this company have not been updated" Can any one help me in this regard. Hi Walliullah, Sounds like it may be a problem with a service pack. Make sure that the service pack version on the server matches the service pack version on the client. That is usually the source of ...

Computer becomes unresponsive after installing updates.
Hi, I'm hoping someone could shed some light on some issues I've been having. I've just done a format and installed WinXPPro with SP2 and the computer. The automatic updates picks up a batch to download (approx 65), but whenever update KB956572 or KB959426 is installed, subsequence updates fail and the computer becomes unresponsive. I am unable to open IE or even notepad; any application will not launch and I'm forced to shutdown. After the restart, I can see the history by going to windows update via IE, and the failed updates all have the "Error Code: 0...

Reactivating Office on a new computer.
I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been destroyed beyond repair. I have now bought a new laptop. How do I re-download my copy of Office, please? -- Steve Contact the vendor from where you purchased it. "stemac" <stemac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:795E14D0-A5F1-4CA4-B2B4-A102986CBADD@microsoft.com... :I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been destroyed : beyond repair. I have now bought a new laptop. How do I re-download my copy : of Office, please? : -- : Steve The vendor was...

SP4 causes Clip Organizer error
We are experiencing the problem described in KB article 821257. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? scid=kb;en-us;821257 After installing SP4 on Win2K servers that host Citrix farm, users who open Publisher XP and attempt to utilize the Clip Organizer experience an error, code 0x800700E. The KB article states that a patch is available by contacting the MS Product Support Service. I followed the links on the KB article and the instructions for both phone and online contacts. Even had to register for the Passport service. However, I have been unable to contact PSS by either ...

OWA Public Folder Error 403
I have created a subfolder under the public folders, and added an Excel Spreadsheet to this folder to make it available to some users. I have saved the spreadsheet as a web page and copied it to this subfolder. When the users try to open the this excel file Using Outlook it works fine, it opens in the web browser with no problem but when the users try to open it from outside using OWA they get an error "HTTP 403 Forbiden" The website declined to show this webpage. Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong and how to fix this problem? I have Exchange 2003 on a Win2k3 server Th...

Synchronize mail between two computers
My question looks somewhat the same as the one by Ozsubasi, but I think it is not exactly the same. I have 2 computers: a desktop and a laptop. With my desktop (Vista x64) I download my e-mails (no gmail or hotmail, a commercial provider), using Windows Live Mail. I store the mails on the desktop. In total it is ca. 10,000 e-mails (received + sent, together around 6 Gb) over the years; I tell you this so you can understand that leaving the mails with the provider is no option. On a daily basis I synchronize my documents between the desktop and the laptop. I travel a lot for...