Task Scheduler error

A long time ago I scheduled a task to load up a certain
utility at 7 am.  However, I've just realized it never
gets loaded.  I went into Task Scheduler to see what's
going on, and as it opened I get this error:

"An error has occured for task Reminders - owner.  Error
message: the specified account name is not valid"

I'm looking at my task and I see that "When running a
task, use the following user account" is set to "RICK
\owner".  I'm not sure how to check if that's a valid
account name.  I don't log on to my computer with a
username or password.  Thanks for any help.
0
Rick

"Rick" <rick0726@verizon.net> wrote in message
> A long time ago I scheduled a task to load up a certain
> utility at 7 am.  However, I've just realized it never
> gets loaded.  I went into Task Scheduler to see what's
> going on, and as it opened I get this error:
>
> "An error has occured for task Reminders - owner.  Error
> message: the specified account name is not valid"
>
> I'm looking at my task and I see that "When running a
> task, use the following user account" is set to "RICK
> \owner".  I'm not sure how to check if that's a valid
> account name.  I don't log on to my computer with a
> username or password.  Thanks for any help.

Try entering just your account name or ' administrators ' or ' system '.

0
Dave
5/24/2010 3:02:22 PM
Thanks.  I'm making sure to load Task Scheduler as
Administrator.  I created a new task to load my small
program using user name SYSTEM but it still fails.  In
the log I see "Action failed to start".

I see other tasks with user name 'owner' have worked but
I can't figure out how to enter that as the account
name.  If I click on 'Change Owner or Group' and enter
'owner' it comes back as RICK\owner since it's starting
at location 'RICK'.

Not sure how to just enter my account name which I guess
is RICK.  'Adminstrator' and 'administors' are not
valid.

Any help would be appreciated!

In article <r-
CdnQem2LucCGfWnZ2dnUVZ8iCdnZ2d@giganews.com>,
Here@Home.com says...

> "Rick" <rick0726@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > A long time ago I scheduled a task to load up a certain
> > utility at 7 am.  However, I've just realized it never
> > gets loaded.  I went into Task Scheduler to see what's
> > going on, and as it opened I get this error:
> >
> > "An error has occured for task Reminders - owner.  Error
> > message: the specified account name is not valid"
> >
> > I'm looking at my task and I see that "When running a
> > task, use the following user account" is set to "RICK
> > \owner".  I'm not sure how to check if that's a valid
> > account name.  I don't log on to my computer with a
> > username or password.  Thanks for any help.
>
> Try entering just your account name or ' administrators ' or ' system '.

0
Rick
5/24/2010 5:05:51 PM
> Thanks.  I'm making sure to load Task Scheduler as
> Administrator.  I created a new task to load my small
> program using user name SYSTEM but it still fails.  In
> the log I see "Action failed to start".
>
> I see other tasks with user name 'owner' have worked but
> I can't figure out how to enter that as the account
> name.  If I click on 'Change Owner or Group' and enter
> 'owner' it comes back as RICK\owner since it's starting
> at location 'RICK'.
>
> Not sure how to just enter my account name which I guess
> is RICK.  'Adminstrator' and 'administors' are not
> valid.
>
> Any help would be appreciated!

To check your account name:
Right-click Computer > Manage > Local Users and Groups > Users.
Your account plus the Administrator account (which is disabled by default)
and any others will be listed here.
Double-click your account to check you are a member of the administrators group.

I created a task to run Calculator every day at 10:30 pm:
Start Task Scheduler
From the right pane 'Create basic task'
Name - Calculator, Description - whatever you want
Trigger - Daily
Start - 24/5/2010   22:30
Daily - recur every  1  days
Action - Start a program, browse to calc.exe
Select ' Open properties dialog for ..............'
Finish
The user account has my computer name\my account name listed.
In my case it's Vista32\Admin.
This works ok and Calculator appeared on the Desktop at 10:30 pm.
If you want your program to run in the background then click the change
user button and enter '  system  '. The display will then read '  SYSTEM '.
The program will then run but not on your Desktop. You can check it's
running in the background via Task Manager.
If you enter ' administrators ' the display returns with ' BUILTIN\Administrators '.

0
Dave
5/24/2010 10:04:43 PM
Great; thanks, I now have this one task working.

But I'm still getting that original error message
whenever I click on Task Scheduler (Local):  "An error
has occured for task Reminders - owner.  Error
message: the specified account name is not valid"

I'm guessing it must be from tasks already in there.
Out of 10 tasks already there three of them use account
'owner-PC\owner'.  I'm guessing that's not a valid
account name on my machine.  Maybe the root was 'owner-
PC' when I first got the machine, and then I must have
changed the root location from 'owner-PC' to 'RICK'.
This is probably a task left over from before I changed
it?

Should I try disabling those tasks?

In article
<WKKdnawz9cdiamfWnZ2dnUVZ8oGdnZ2d@giganews.com>,
Here@Home.com says...

> "Rick" <rick0726@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > Thanks.  I'm making sure to load Task Scheduler as
> > Administrator.  I created a new task to load my small
> > program using user name SYSTEM but it still fails.  In
> > the log I see "Action failed to start".
> >
> > I see other tasks with user name 'owner' have worked but
> > I can't figure out how to enter that as the account
> > name.  If I click on 'Change Owner or Group' and enter
> > 'owner' it comes back as RICK\owner since it's starting
> > at location 'RICK'.
> >
> > Not sure how to just enter my account name which I guess
> > is RICK.  'Adminstrator' and 'administors' are not
> > valid.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated!
> >

> To check your account name:
> Right-click Computer > Manage > Local Users and Groups > Users.
> Your account plus the Administrator account (which is disabled by default)
> and any others will be listed here.
> Double-click your account to check you are a member of the administrators group.
>
> I created a task to run Calculator every day at 10:30 pm:
> Start Task Scheduler
> From the right pane 'Create basic task'
> Name - Calculator, Description - whatever you want
> Trigger - Daily
> Start - 24/5/2010   22:30
> Daily - recur every  1  days
> Action - Start a program, browse to calc.exe
> Select ' Open properties dialog for ..............'
> Finish
> The user account has my computer name\my account name listed.
> In my case it's Vista32\Admin.
> This works ok and Calculator appeared on the Desktop at 10:30 pm.
> If you want your program to run in the background then click the change
> user button and enter '  system  '. The display will then read '  SYSTEM '.
> The program will then run but not on your Desktop. You can check it's
> running in the background via Task Manager.
> If you enter ' administrators ' the display returns with ' BUILTIN\Administrators '.

0
Rick
5/25/2010 7:46:39 PM
> Great; thanks, I now have this one task working.
>
> But I'm still getting that original error message
> whenever I click on Task Scheduler (Local):  "An error
> has occured for task Reminders - owner.  Error
> message: the specified account name is not valid"
>
> I'm guessing it must be from tasks already in there.
> Out of 10 tasks already there three of them use account
> 'owner-PC\owner'.  I'm guessing that's not a valid
> account name on my machine.  Maybe the root was 'owner-
> PC' when I first got the machine, and then I must have
> changed the root location from 'owner-PC' to 'RICK'.
> This is probably a task left over from before I changed
> it?
>
> Should I try disabling those tasks?

Tasks already there ? Is it a second-hand machine or something ?
If you don't want to run a task then yes, disable it.

0
Dave
5/25/2010 8:11:53 PM
Nah, there are seven tasks that load PCALUA.EXE with
various arguments.  OK, I just deleted the three that
use account name 'owner-PC\owner' and I thought
everything was fixed.  But still every time I open Task
Scheduler and then click on Task Scheduler (Local) on
the left I still get that error message.

I wonder what it's referring to with "task Reminders -
owner".  I don't see any task with that name.

In article <zp6dnX-
tMNOTsmHWnZ2dnUVZ8vudnZ2d@giganews.com>, Here@Home.com
says...

> "Rick" <rick0726@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > Great; thanks, I now have this one task working.
> >
> > But I'm still getting that original error message
> > whenever I click on Task Scheduler (Local):  "An error
> > has occured for task Reminders - owner.  Error
> > message: the specified account name is not valid"
> >
> > I'm guessing it must be from tasks already in there.
> > Out of 10 tasks already there three of them use account
> > 'owner-PC\owner'.  I'm guessing that's not a valid
> > account name on my machine.  Maybe the root was 'owner-
> > PC' when I first got the machine, and then I must have
> > changed the root location from 'owner-PC' to 'RICK'.
> > This is probably a task left over from before I changed
> > it?
> >
> > Should I try disabling those tasks?
> >

> Tasks already there ? Is it a second-hand machine or something ?
> If you don't want to run a task then yes, disable it.

0
Rick
5/26/2010 12:55:48 AM

> Nah, there are seven tasks that load PCALUA.EXE with
> various arguments.  OK, I just deleted the three that
> use account name 'owner-PC\owner' and I thought
> everything was fixed.  But still every time I open Task
> Scheduler and then click on Task Scheduler (Local) on
> the left I still get that error message.
>
> I wonder what it's referring to with "task Reminders -
> owner".  I don't see any task with that name.

Have you Googled the error text ?
It seems to be something to do with Windows Calendar.
Here's a couple I found:
http://www.vistax64.com/vista-general/73934-phantom-task-windows-calendar.html
http://www.vistax64.com/vista-general/126557-task-scheduler-anyone.html

0
Dave
5/26/2010 8:13:39 AM
In article <e9OdnelEkr-
lRWHWnZ2dnUVZ8vKdnZ2d@giganews.com>, Here@Home.com
says...

> "Rick" <rick0726@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Nah, there are seven tasks that load PCALUA.EXE with
> > various arguments.  OK, I just deleted the three that
> > use account name 'owner-PC\owner' and I thought
> > everything was fixed.  But still every time I open Task
> > Scheduler and then click on Task Scheduler (Local) on
> > the left I still get that error message.
> >
> > I wonder what it's referring to with "task Reminders -
> > owner".  I don't see any task with that name.
> >

> Have you Googled the error text ?
> It seems to be something to do with Windows Calendar.
> Here's a couple I found:
> http://www.vistax64.com/vista-general/73934-phantom-task-windows-calendar.html
> http://www.vistax64.com/vista-general/126557-task-scheduler-anyone.html

THANK YOU!  I found the answer in one of those posts.
The task "Reminders - owner" was some sort of ghost
task: it didn't show in the WindowsCalendar folder even
if I turned on "View Hidden Tasks".  I had to go into
Windows Explorer and look into the directory and there
was a file by that name.  I deleted the file and now I'm
fine.  I guess since its account name was invalid, it
wouldn't show up in TS even though its presence was
enough to generate an error.

Now I have to figure out why instances of my new task
running in the last two days don't show up in the
History tab.  But for now, I'm celebrating my victory.
Your help was much appreciated.
0
Rick
5/27/2010 2:45:30 AM

> In article <e9OdnelEkr-
> lRWHWnZ2dnUVZ8vKdnZ2d@giganews.com>, Here@Home.com
> says...
>>
>> "Rick" <rick0726@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Nah, there are seven tasks that load PCALUA.EXE with
>> > various arguments.  OK, I just deleted the three that
>> > use account name 'owner-PC\owner' and I thought
>> > everything was fixed.  But still every time I open Task
>> > Scheduler and then click on Task Scheduler (Local) on
>> > the left I still get that error message.
>> >
>> > I wonder what it's referring to with "task Reminders -
>> > owner".  I don't see any task with that name.
>> >

>> Have you Googled the error text ?
>> It seems to be something to do with Windows Calendar.
>> Here's a couple I found:
>> http://www.vistax64.com/vista-general/73934-phantom-task-windows-calendar.html
>> http://www.vistax64.com/vista-general/126557-task-scheduler-anyone.html
>>
> THANK YOU!  I found the answer in one of those posts.
> The task "Reminders - owner" was some sort of ghost
> task: it didn't show in the WindowsCalendar folder even
> if I turned on "View Hidden Tasks".  I had to go into
> Windows Explorer and look into the directory and there
> was a file by that name.  I deleted the file and now I'm
> fine.  I guess since its account name was invalid, it
> wouldn't show up in TS even though its presence was
> enough to generate an error.
>
> Now I have to figure out why instances of my new task
> running in the last two days don't show up in the
> History tab.  But for now, I'm celebrating my victory.
> Your help was much appreciated.

Well done.
On a different topic, why does your newsreader delete
the poster's name from the headers when you reply?

0
Dave
5/27/2010 8:11:34 AM
In article
<Eqidnep0uZKhtGPWnZ2dnUVZ8l6dnZ2d@giganews.com>,
Here@Home.com says...

> "Rick" <rick0726@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >
> > In article <e9OdnelEkr-
> > lRWHWnZ2dnUVZ8vKdnZ2d@giganews.com>, Here@Home.com
> > says...
> >>
> >> "Rick" <rick0726@verizon.net> wrote in message

> >> Have you Googled the error text ?
> >> It seems to be something to do with Windows Calendar.
> >> Here's a couple I found:
> >> http://www.vistax64.com/vista-general/73934-phantom-task-windows-calendar.html
> >> http://www.vistax64.com/vista-general/126557-task-scheduler-anyone.html
> >>
> > THANK YOU!  I found the answer in one of those posts.
> > The task "Reminders - owner" was some sort of ghost
> > task: it didn't show in the WindowsCalendar folder even
> > if I turned on "View Hidden Tasks".  I had to go into
> > Windows Explorer and look into the directory and there
> > was a file by that name.  I deleted the file and now I'm
> > fine.  I guess since its account name was invalid, it
> > wouldn't show up in TS even though its presence was
> > enough to generate an error.
> >
> > Now I have to figure out why instances of my new task
> > running in the last two days don't show up in the
> > History tab.  But for now, I'm celebrating my victory.
> > Your help was much appreciated.
>
> Well done.
> On a different topic, why does your newsreader delete
> the poster's name from the headers when you reply?

I'm using an ancient newsreader called Gravity.  Did it
do it this time?

P.S.  Is bottom-posting the general preference here?

P.P.S.  After I click my SEND command, Gravity asks me
"Some lines in this message are longer than 80
characters and may be hard to read on some displays.  Do
you want to continue sending? Yes/No."  Rather than
deleting any of the text of the previous posts, I am
saying YES as I believe I have done each time.  Let's
see what happens...
0
Rick

Calendar and Tasks
Morning All, Is it possible to have the tasks show up on the calendar? Scott V No. Only beside it. you can drag a task to the calendar if you need to assign a time to it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Scott Viney" <scott@kar...

Error adding mailbox store to General Mailbox Store Policy
Hi, I get the following error when I try to add mailbox store from a newly installed Wxchange 2003 server to General Mailbox Store Policy: A constraint violation occured. Facility: LDAP Provider. ID no: 8007202f. Exchange System Manager. From what I have been able to find searching the web it might possible be an permissions issue. However, I have compared the new server with the 2 existing ones and can't find any difference in settings or permissions. No event is logged in the event log. Does anyone have any suggestions to what might cause this error? I had no problems adding the public...

How to generate conditional pop-up error message?
I have a moderately complex sheet with a lot of cells where the user (usually me) can enter data. I would like to add checks to certain cells and generate a pop-up warning message if there is an error. The pop-up would be like a Comment or an Input Message, except that it would appear if a test failed, rather than when hovering over the cell or selecting it. Have a look at Data | Data Validation in Help Then come back with more questions Example, you have arrange that a cell can have only values "cat" or "dog", and that a message (the text of which you get to decide) po...

OL 2003 button: schedule automatic send/receive
Would like to add a macro to toggle automatic send/receive in the current profile. Action would be equivalent to checking/unchecking Setting for groups "All Accounts" - Schedule automatic send/receive (or perhaps toggle interval between zero, non-zero?). Thanks for any ideas. George ...

Outlook Task Failure
Hi Whenever I try to assign a task in Outlook 2002 I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameters are not valid" Does anyone know how to get around this? Thanks ...... Craig *** Problem Description *** Action (A): When trying to save a task item there is an error. Result (R): Could not complete the operation, one or more parameters are not valid Cause (C): Corruption to the tasks folder. <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><...

Error 3197 single user database
I've looked through previous answer to this problem but cannot find one that works. I've had the usual message relating to this: The jet database engine stopped because you and another user are attempting to the same data at the same time. I'm using Access 2003 with Windows XP I've tried opening holding the shift key down. I've tried importing into another blank database but get the same error and message. I've tried using the repair database function but also get the same error and message . I think the problem may have ocurred because of a Power failure. I'...

error message on start and close
Hello, I'd be grateful if anyone has any ideas on the following error messages: On starting Excel (2000 v9.0.6926 SP-3) I get the message: Compile error in hidden module: mdlInitialize On closing Excel I get: Compile error in hidden module: modDataHandling These messages did not appear last week but have appeared since I first started Excel this week. I tried restoring to the last system checkpoint but the system said it couldn't as there had been no changes. I also uninstalled ASAP utilities in case that was causing the problem. Neother of these made any difference. Help tells ...

Concatenate Tasks With Summary Tasks in Reports
I think I have found in other posts but I want to ask directly just in case someone else has other info... Can MSP concatenate each task in a report with its summary tasks? Without this, I don't know what part of the project each task pertains to. (Example, does "Buy space" pertain to the April or May set of tasks?) If I add a breadcrumb to each task in the entry view, not only is this time consuming but I also can't read the entry view as well as before. This limitation severly cuts down on the usefulness of the reports for me. In article <FFB3AE7E-881E...

CRM Task question
Hi, I have a question regarding CRM task and Outlook Task on CRM v1.2, here is the scenario: "User A uses "CRM Task" on Outlook Sales Client to create a task and assign to User B User B updates the task on Outlook only and reply (or assign) back to User A Will the updated task (from the Outlook side) be the same updated task on the CRM if we don't use Online or Offline feature?" Because what happen is my user (user A) showed me an error message stating that there is an error synchronized task (from Outlook) to CRM task. She didn't use synch...

HOWTO CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding?
How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the intensive task, but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... Thanks On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:28:59 GMT, "michele" <mandelbort@oggiweb.com> wrote: >How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? >For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the >intensive task, >but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... >Thanks > Run the task in a low priority thread. ...

Error 0x80040118 when sending/receiving
Any clue what error 0x80040118 (unknown error) is. I get this on a pop3 account in Outlook 2002. I have googled it and didn't find anything. Thanks What is happening when this error occurs? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "tk" wrote: > Any clue what error 0x80040118 (unknown error) is. I get this on a pop3 > account in Outlook 2002. I have googled it and didn't find anything. > > Thanks > > > ...

Mail Delivery error #2
I get this error when checking my hotmail using Outlook Express. Our firewall blocks the hotmail.com web page and I was hoping to get my mail through Outlook. does anyone know if this is still possible? Outlook Express could not download the requested message. It is likely that the message was removed or expired from the server. Subject 'Re: Another week', Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp ', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Forbidden', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC33 ...

Sharing Tasks in the 2007 versions of Project and Outlook
Hi, I would like to export and work on my Project 07 tasks in Outlook 07. I am aware of how I can export them but this does not keep the link with Project. Could anyone tell me if there is a way of doing this in Microsoft or if there is an add-in I could purchase. Thanks Caz This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01CAB3DB.7FC83F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Caz, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-) You might like to see Companion Products an...

Operation cannot be performed error in Money 2004
I am using Money 2004 Deluxe and when I start money at the passport screen after clicking next, I get a message that says that the operation cannot be performed. I tried to repair the file but this did not work. Does anyone have any ideas what this problem might be?? Thank You See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q104. "Matthew" <mhodges1338@optonline.net> wrote in message news:Pfbwb.20195$Hb.7211828@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net... > I am using Money 2004 Deluxe and when I start money at the passport screen > after clicking next, I get a message that says that the operation...

Same Publisher 2002 error
I'm still getting the smae error when starting Publisher 2002. I had no problems with install this time. Publisher won't progress past loading without this error: "The instruction at "0x77f580de" referenced memory at "0x0000000". The memory could not be "written". I am still unable to find this error message at Microsoft. Any suggestions? Read the reply to your previous message!!! -- I did that. I have read my previous post and that didn't resolve the issue! ...

Task Scheduler error
A long time ago I scheduled a task to load up a certain utility at 7 am. However, I've just realized it never gets loaded. I went into Task Scheduler to see what's going on, and as it opened I get this error: "An error has occured for task Reminders - owner. Error message: the specified account name is not valid" I'm looking at my task and I see that "When running a task, use the following user account" is set to "RICK \owner". I'm not sure how to check if that's a valid account name. I don't log on to my computer wi...

task pane correction
To make the task pane go away I went under Help - Microsoft Excel Help- See Also - then clicked on - Online Content Settings and unchecked- Show Template help automatically when available. -- Diane @ SPSCA ...

Need Code for Error Message
Hello, I created a logo for my database in photoshop and placed it in my form using: Insert, picture and then locate the picture in my directory and then inserted it. Looks good on the form however, when a user opens the form they get this error message: Error Number 438 Object doesn't support this property or method. I saved the pic as a Gif and Jpeg and still does it. I do have some security code that if you only have read only access, you get this message. If you have full access, you do not get this message. The code is not mine but I would think there should be some code to st...

Updating tasks with VBA script
I've built a scheduling tool which uses Access to create the tasks. Once the tasks are generated, they're sent to Outlook. My problem is the tasks are grouped in categories and if a due date is changed it needs to move all the following tasks by x number of days. (My keyfield ie- 57-41, then 57-42, etc. is stored in the contacts field) I had planned to first pull the data back to Access to see what dates changed. Off of that data, I'd delete the following tasks and reinsert them with the modified dates. I would prefer to do this in Outlook but do not know the Outlook object mod...

Trapping the close message when sent from the task bar button
Hi, I am using a application that uses a Tray Icon. I need to make it behave like MSN Messenger. I am almost there and one of my remaining problem is that I can't see how to trap the "close application" message that is sent when the user right clicks on the task bar and chooses "Close", I need to hide my window in the case and I only want to be able to close my application by right clicking on the tray icon and choose "Exit" Thanks a lot! Simon ...

error message for security
I use OUTLOOK and have never had this happen before. I suddenly get this new error message. "A program is trying to access your Address Book or contacts." I use Franklin Covey PlanPlus (basically it has customized views) and this only happens when I am in that view. I've been using this for over a year with no problems.... now suddenly OUTLOOK displays the error message when I'm in the preview pane Is this Outlook 2002? Did you recently apply SP-3 for Office XP? Have you revisited the programs home page to see if there is an update available? --� Milly Staples [MVP ...

Errors after installing SP4 on GP9.0
I just tried to install SP4 on GP9.0, ran the Database and company upgrade but it failed on the company update. When I look at the details I see: Product ID: 414 Archive_HR_I9 414 HR_I9 SP3 had been applied some time ago and recently the tax update for the stimulas package was also applied and the system worked as expected. It says that Dynamics is at the correct version Any attempts go into GP generates the error that a product is on the wrong version. Any ideas? ...

Workflow generated task and changed owner
We are using a workflow to inform administration staff about a new generated order. That works fine and the task will be generated for the right CRM user. But, if we change the owner of that related order also the task previously generated by the workflow will be re-assigned to that nre owner. With CRM 3.0 it was working fine (left the task unchanged). With CRM 4.0 the task owner will be changed unexpected. The first thougt which comes to me is that it might have something to do with "Type of behaviour". Open the task entity and double click on N:1 relationship name Acco...

Assigning Task to Queue or User
I have an issue with Assigning a task to a queue or another user. If the task is created in Sales for Outlook (SFO), the queue option is not available in the drop down list in the lookup table. The only option is the user. A reboot of the workstation seems to fix this, but man is this silly or what? The user is attempting this: Create a task for an order and assign the task to the receiving queue (all from within SFO). The queue does not show up to seach from in the Lookup Records Web Page Dialog. The weird part is that even if you go to CRM Web Client on the same machine, the qu...

Completed Tasks in Task View
In the Task view window, I have the tasks sorted by Category and all of the tasks in each category are sorted by due date, even the completed tasks. However, I don't want the completed tasks to show in this screen. How can I hide them? Thanks, Terry B. Create a filter for that view with the criteria "Complete equals no" -- you can do this on the Advanced tab of the Filter dialog. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:06960...