Task Manager window only CPU

Vista Ultimate SP2

When I launch Windows Task Manager, only a CPU meter opens. When I right
click icon in task bar, I only get Close & Always on top options.

How do I restore task manager?

Happy New Year

--

*****************
John Lenz

0
John

Double click on the white frame of the task manager window. That should
do it.

--
whs
0

Happy New Year

--

*****************
John Lenz

"whs" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Double click on the white frame of the task manager window. That should
> do it.
>

> --
> whs

0
John

Excel 2003 shutdown in Windows Vista
I have recently bought a new IBM Thinkpad R60 with Vista preinstalled. I bought Office Professional 2003. It seems to be working fine with all office programs. Howeever when having opened Excel 2003 and pressing the NEW button, Excel shutsdown. I get the message that Excel has stopped working and I select to do a search on the web for a solution. None is found. Anyone have a tip for solving this? Thank you No tip for solving this specific problem, but here's steps to Excel troubleshooting: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/troubleshooting_microsoft_excel.htm I have never used Vis...

Calendar and Tasks
Morning All, Is it possible to have the tasks show up on the calendar? Scott V No. Only beside it. you can drag a task to the calendar if you need to assign a time to it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Scott Viney" <scott@kar...

Outlook Task Failure
Hi Whenever I try to assign a task in Outlook 2002 I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameters are not valid" Does anyone know how to get around this? Thanks ...... Craig *** Problem Description *** Action (A): When trying to save a task item there is an error. Result (R): Could not complete the operation, one or more parameters are not valid Cause (C): Corruption to the tasks folder. <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><...

Data Migration Manager for CRM 4.0
I have just successfully installed CRM 4.0 and life is good. My next mission was to install the data migration manager and attempt my first data migration from another system. I was able to get the tool installed, but immediately ran into the error: The Data Migration Manager encountered an error while setting up the temporary migration database. After reading the readme file, I deleted the UserReplicationID from the registry as it advised. I restarted the Data Migration Manager and still get the same message. Does anyone have any insight into what other factors might contribute to ...

Concatenate Tasks With Summary Tasks in Reports
I think I have found in other posts but I want to ask directly just in case someone else has other info... Can MSP concatenate each task in a report with its summary tasks? Without this, I don't know what part of the project each task pertains to. (Example, does "Buy space" pertain to the April or May set of tasks?) If I add a breadcrumb to each task in the entry view, not only is this time consuming but I also can't read the entry view as well as before. This limitation severly cuts down on the usefulness of the reports for me. In article <FFB3AE7E-881E...

Specify position of forms in window?
How can I specify the position in which a form will always appear in the window, when opened? I have several small forms which need to be open and visible all at the same time and I would like to specify the position of each one in the window, so that they are in a logical position relative to each other. Hope somebody knows how! Many thanks CW In the form load event you can use the movesize to place the location of the form. Docmd.MoveSize 4000,4000 play the numbers until you find the desired location -- Good Luck BS"D "CW" wrote: > How can I specify the position...

CRM Task question
Hi, I have a question regarding CRM task and Outlook Task on CRM v1.2, here is the scenario: "User A uses "CRM Task" on Outlook Sales Client to create a task and assign to User B User B updates the task on Outlook only and reply (or assign) back to User A Will the updated task (from the Outlook side) be the same updated task on the CRM if we don't use Online or Offline feature?" Because what happen is my user (user A) showed me an error message stating that there is an error synchronized task (from Outlook) to CRM task. She didn't use synch...

HOWTO CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding?
How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the intensive task, but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... Thanks On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:28:59 GMT, "michele" <mandelbort@oggiweb.com> wrote: >How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? >For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the >intensive task, >but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... >Thanks > Run the task in a low priority thread. ...

Will my Office XP install on Windows 7?
I have Office XP. I need a new computer and need Outlook and Access on it. Will Office XP install on Windows 7? Yes it will, but Outlook will not retain account passwwords Office 2003 and later is fully compatible "glouces" <glouces@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8699F413-1E85-4CC3-BD05-856A8ECC578B@microsoft.com... >I have Office XP. I need a new computer and need Outlook and Access on it. > Will Office XP install on Windows 7? ...

Sharing Tasks in the 2007 versions of Project and Outlook
Hi, I would like to export and work on my Project 07 tasks in Outlook 07. I am aware of how I can export them but this does not keep the link with Project. Could anyone tell me if there is a way of doing this in Microsoft or if there is an add-in I could purchase. Thanks Caz This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01CAB3DB.7FC83F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Caz, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-) You might like to see Companion Products an...

Task Scheduler error
A long time ago I scheduled a task to load up a certain utility at 7 am. However, I've just realized it never gets loaded. I went into Task Scheduler to see what's going on, and as it opened I get this error: "An error has occured for task Reminders - owner. Error message: the specified account name is not valid" I'm looking at my task and I see that "When running a task, use the following user account" is set to "RICK \owner". I'm not sure how to check if that's a valid account name. I don't log on to my computer wi...

Requisition Management
I've run into a situation many times where a user creates a purchase requisition (BP 3.0) and submits to the next approver. Then I am notified that the user no longer reports to that person and that PR needs to be re-routed to their new boss. At that point, I go in Requsition Management Approval Hierarchies and place the user under their new manager. Is there anything that can be done in order for the existing PR to be routed to the new approver? I find that Req Management has very little flexibility when it comes to changes like this. As an administrator, I feel I should be a...

Integration Manager
We just upgraded from Dynamics GP 7.5 to 9 and from Integration Manager 6.5 to 6.7. In uploading a journal entry, 2 of our employees in one location are getting error messages, but when I do the same upload with the same files, the upload goes through with no problems. The error they are getting is: "Field 'Entries.Account Number' does not have a default value". The upload rejects the first two journal entries in the batch with this error and then takes the other journals with no problems. This has happened on several different journal batches. We all are accessing GP...

task pane correction
To make the task pane go away I went under Help - Microsoft Excel Help- See Also - then clicked on - Online Content Settings and unchecked- Show Template help automatically when available. -- Diane @ SPSCA ...

How to move saved outlook email to Windows live mail?
Does anyone know how i can do this? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0039_01CB1992.2C7C62E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable One method..that uses the same DeltaSync technology. Use the Live tools provided. Sign up for Hotmail account if not already done so - if signing up new ensure you logon at mail.live.com to ensure the = inbox is setup and functional Install the latest(verions 14) Outlook Hotmail Connector on OL2003 or = 2007 or 2010 Setup the Hotmail account in...

Updating tasks with VBA script
I've built a scheduling tool which uses Access to create the tasks. Once the tasks are generated, they're sent to Outlook. My problem is the tasks are grouped in categories and if a due date is changed it needs to move all the following tasks by x number of days. (My keyfield ie- 57-41, then 57-42, etc. is stored in the contacts field) I had planned to first pull the data back to Access to see what dates changed. Off of that data, I'd delete the following tasks and reinsert them with the modified dates. I would prefer to do this in Outlook but do not know the Outlook object mod...

How to change the class name of a window
I need to change the class name of a CMainFrame object. I tried to override PreCreateWindow so: CMainFrame::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { cs.lpszClass = _T("ChangedClassName"); return CFrameWnd::PreCreateWindow(cs); } It doesn't work. As I start my api, it says: Failed to create empty document! I tried the same methode with a dialog too, it works (makes no error) but doesn't change the class name! ::GetClassName(...) gives "#32700" back. Mattiassich In your case, you have supplied the name of a WndClass that likely does not exist - and that ...

Windows 7 moving desktop icons
there's a lot of chatter about this one, what do you guys think: Excel file (does it with word too) on the desktop, you open it, save it, it moves over to the left side of the screen, like an auto-align, which is not set. Why does it do that? It's the saving that triggers it. If you open and close without saving, it does not move. Yes, my Windows 7 64-bit desktop behaves just like you said. All articles I can find in Google say to uncheck "Auto Arrange", but that's not the solution. It's not checked, yet each time the file is updated, it moves to ...

Trapping the close message when sent from the task bar button
Hi, I am using a application that uses a Tray Icon. I need to make it behave like MSN Messenger. I am almost there and one of my remaining problem is that I can't see how to trap the "close application" message that is sent when the user right clicks on the task bar and chooses "Close", I need to hide my window in the case and I only want to be able to close my application by right clicking on the tray icon and choose "Exit" Thanks a lot! Simon ...

Manager crashes after feature pack install
I've installed the feature pack service pack and so far it looks pretty good. There's lots of good info in the purchase order module that would have required multiple reports to be viewed before. The problem we're having is that when multiple workstations are using the purchase order in manager it crashes with an error referring to temporary tables already open (TEMPORDER1). Anyone else with similar issues? This is an issue many people have reported. Microsoft is aware of the problem but as of yet, does not have any resolution in place. Thank you, Ryan Sakry...

Will Windows' format mark bad sectors?
The external (USB connected) hard drive I use for backups apparently has developed some bad spots. Formatting the drive starts producing System Event Log entries at about 12% into the format, with the decription being "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk3\D." If I allow the format to continue, will it eventually plow its way through the bad area and mark those sectors as bad, or is this whole exercise a waste of time? -- Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com Waste of time would by my feeling! When a "modern" drive has enough er...

_xlfn.IFERROR = #NAME? in Advanced Name Manager
I keep getting a "formula can't calculate" error in one of my workbooks. The only problem is every formula is calculating correctly. When using Advanced Name Manager, I'm able to see a named range that looks like _xlfn.IFERROR with a value of = #NAME? It's not visible with Excel's native name manager. A little research turned up this article: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA102045691033.aspx which states if you will get this error when using 2007 formulas in older version BUT, I'm using 2007. I'm at a loss on how to go about tackling this prob...

Completed Tasks in Task View
In the Task view window, I have the tasks sorted by Category and all of the tasks in each category are sorted by due date, even the completed tasks. However, I don't want the completed tasks to show in this screen. How can I hide them? Thanks, Terry B. Create a filter for that view with the criteria "Complete equals no" -- you can do this on the Advanced tab of the Filter dialog. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:06960...

Workflow generated task and changed owner
We are using a workflow to inform administration staff about a new generated order. That works fine and the task will be generated for the right CRM user. But, if we change the owner of that related order also the task previously generated by the workflow will be re-assigned to that nre owner. With CRM 3.0 it was working fine (left the task unchanged). With CRM 4.0 the task owner will be changed unexpected. The first thougt which comes to me is that it might have something to do with "Type of behaviour". Open the task entity and double click on N:1 relationship name Acco...

Assigning Task to Queue or User
I have an issue with Assigning a task to a queue or another user. If the task is created in Sales for Outlook (SFO), the queue option is not available in the drop down list in the lookup table. The only option is the user. A reboot of the workstation seems to fix this, but man is this silly or what? The user is attempting this: Create a task for an order and assign the task to the receiving queue (all from within SFO). The queue does not show up to seach from in the Lookup Records Web Page Dialog. The weird part is that even if you go to CRM Web Client on the same machine, the qu...