spoolsv.exe uses 95% CPU networked printer

Hello there, new boy here.

I really hope someone can help with a problem I`m having with my wife`s
laptop running Vista home.

We have a network printer which the laptop can see and connect to
(wireless), if I try and print anything the print starts and then stops
with the spoolsv.exe taking up just about all of the CPU. There are no
error messages the exe file just sits there hogging the CPU.

In the system32/spool/PRINTERS folder there is 1 SPL file and one SHD
file, there is nothing else in there.

This also happened when I tried to use the same printer (HP psc1355) as
a share from my XP PC.

If I plug the printer into the laptop (USB) it prints fine it just
seems to be a problem across a network.

--
Tinwolf
0

On Aug 11, 4:40=A0pm, undisclosed wrote:
> Hello there, new boy here.
>
> I really hope someone can help with a problem I`m having with my wife`s
> laptop running Vista home.
>
> We have a network printer which the laptop can see and connect to
> (wireless), if I try and print anything the print starts and then stops
> with the spoolsv.exe taking up just about all of the CPU. There are no
> error messages the exe file just sits there hogging the CPU.
>
> In the system32/spool/PRINTERS folder there is 1 SPL file and one SHD
> file, there is nothing else in there.
>
> This also happened when I tried to use the same printer (HP psc1355) as
> a share from my XP PC.
>
> If I plug the printer into the laptop (USB) it prints fine it just
> seems to be a problem across a network.
>
> --
> Tinwolf

REFORMAT YOUR COMPUTER AND INSTALL OPEN SOURCE LINUX UBUNTU!
0
Kevin

boot.exe
Hmmm. I think i have a problem. I noticed in my C:\ program file x86 there is a application called (Boot) with an icon that looks like a blank explorer screen. Its 64 KB (65,536bytes) in size .Properties/summary shows nothing, antivirus scan shows nothing. should it be there , ya think it would be ok to delete it. Go to web site listed below to remove boot.exe spyware. www.spywareremove.com/removebootexe.html <SMJD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D4DA90E-2A3D-4072-94DA-5D9B3B30BB2E@microsoft.com... > Hmmm. I think i have a problem. > I noticed in...

Using the CASE function in SmartList Builder
I need to create a calculated field in SmartList Builder to print the Payroll Transaction History:UPR TRX Amount when the Payroll Transaction History:Payroll Code is not equal to certain values. Here is the sql query I would run to select those results: SELECT UPRTRXAM FROM UPR30300 WHERE PAYROLCD NOT IN ('STD', 'LTD', 'XMAS', 'BONUS', 'CAR', 'CLOTH', 'ADDPAY'). Normally I would use restrictions to restrict the whole SmartList object but I need those records to be available for another column. I haven't really worked with t...

Default Signatures using Outlook Web Access
Because I primarily access email via Outlook Web Access (do not use desktop version of Outlook), I would like to have new/reply messages in OWA default to use a standard signature. I know how to set this up with the desktop version of Outlook. I have also seen how a signature can be picked if your desktop version of Outlook is "configured and runnable" when you are using OWA. However, can a standard signature be set up when only using OWA? Thanks, I would appreciate any help. What version of Exchange are you using? Exchange 2003 OWA offers a default signature. There are a...

"non-commercial use"
I installed Office2007 Enterprise on my new Windows 7 laptop from the disk, ignoring the fact that it came with a 60-day trial of Home & Student. Now it seems as though it somehow glommed onto the presence of the trial version somewhere on the hard drive (I didn't click on the Trial icon, and I haven't gone on line -- because the wifi network connection thingie is demanding a "security code," whatever that is, before it will connect to a network) and says "non-commercial use" in the title bar. Is there some way to make that go away? (I didn't tr...

Outlook.exe will not terminate
Hello, I am using Outlook 2003 on Win XP connected to Exchange 2003, when I boot up and run Outlook everything works fine, If I close Outlook and re-open it Outlook will not re-open. The process is still running though, not sure why - any ideas. Regards, Brent Do you have a PDA (ActiveSync) or WinFax Pro? (you have a 3rd party application that uses, monitors, or syncs with outlook data and it doesn't realize that outlook shutdown. it holds a reference and interferes with the next startup request.) "Brent" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2...

exel query problem using ODBC
I am using Microsoft office 2002 with ODBC files on our AS400. When I try to return data to Microsoft Exel in my query I receive the following error: SQL0104_Token* was not valid Valid Token:{<Identifier I have read related articels that this may be a bug in Office 2002 Exel. Any ideas what I should do? Marilee Search google.groups for SQL0104 and you'll get a lot of hits. Here's one that may be helpful http://www.google.com/groups?threadm=akemr9%24rie%241%40news.rchland.ibm.com -- Dick Kusleika MVP - Excel Excel Blog - Daily Dose of Excel www.dicks-blog.com "Mar...

spoolsv.exe
On the Exchange 2000 server, I just noticed on Task Manager that there's a spoolsv.exe process running and it's using 25% CPU. There's no printer install on the server except the Microsoft Office Document Image Writer. However, there's no print jobs. I also check the c:\winnt\system32\spool\printers and there's nothing there. What should I do in this case? Thanks. Stop and disable the spooler service. Leif "wli2k2" <wli2k2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F14445DF-0677-4A4A-AA0C-6F43A7B4CC48@microsoft.com... > On the Exchange...

Anyone Using Veritas Enterprise Vault?
We are looking at performing email archiving for SOX compliance plus coming up with a way to expand our mailbox capacity. Our remote OWA users keep requesting larger mailboxes because they are sometimes on travel for months and have no way to copy their files down to a PST file. The email builds up and they have to start deleting things that they really want to keep in order to keep the mailbox below the limits. Last week we set through a Veritas Enterprise Vault demo and this looks AWESOME!!! Is anyone out there using this product with their Exchange / OWA and if so, how is it working ou...

How to update sent items on IMAP Folder on server using Outlook 2003 ?
How to update sent items on IMAP Folder on server using Outlook 2003 ? My Inbox is updating but my sent items on IMAP Server are not updating, any idea please ? My Root Folder Path in IMAP E-Mail Settings is Blank. Best Regards, Luqman ...

mplay32.exe does not work with PowerPoint
I can play .mp3 files in the computer environement on Media Player with no problem. But the same .mp3 files, when in a Powerpoint show, all of a sudden stopped working. They worked fine before. A powerpoint show on a CD plays the video portion but does not run the music files. The same CD plays properly in my laptop. I re-inserted from another source mplay32.exe in it proper location with no change. Is there a way to troubleshoot and fix Media Player or will it be necessary to reload Windows XP Home to solve my issue? Thank you. ...

How to transform XML by using XSLT
Hi I need to know how to transform a XML file by using a XSLT file. Consider the following XML file <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><LogFile><Dog TimeStamp="16.02.2004 10:04:48" ModifiedBy="Smith, Geoff"><NameOfDog>Fido</NameOfDog><Weight>10</Weight></Dog><Dog TimeStamp="16.02.2004 10:05:24" ModifiedBy="Scott, Al"><Color>Black</Color><Weight>12</Weight></Dog></LogFile By the magic of some XSLT file I want the follo...

casyncsocket communication between service loaded dll and an exe
i have a process that runs as a service, that loads standard C dll "A", that in turn loads mfc dll "B". this dll "B" does Connect() in a class derived from CAsyncSocket, to try and connect to another exe - exe "R", that runs on same machine as a regular process. this exe "R" sees the connect and does Accept(). in dll "B" the onConnect() is never triggered. and the initial Connect() always comes back with WSAEWOULDBLOCK. when i test same setup by loading dll "B" from a test mfc app that i wrote, everything works fine, onC...

Using the returned value of a function
I am trying to have a value automatically enetered into a range of cells if the date at the top of the column matches today's date. I have tried using the "Today()" and "IF" functions with no luck. adombrowski Wrote: > I am trying to have a value automatically enetered into a range of cell > if > the date at the top of the column matches today's date. I have trie > using > the "Today()" and "IF" functions with no luck. Hi adombrowski Assuming the the date to be in cell A1, try this =IF(A1=TODAY(),1,0) this will return the ...

move .exe
Is it possible to make an executable which copies itself to a different folder and continues execution from the new location? Thanks. Jessica I believe you could copy the EXE and restart it using ShellExecute(), then exit the initial version. Tom "Jessica Weiner" <jessica@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ygDuf.46786$q%.23527@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com... > Is it possible to make an executable which copies itself to a different > folder and continues execution from the new location? > > Thanks. > Jessica > "Jessica Weiner" <jessica@g...

COUNTIF using amount of time
I have some data with various time intervals in mm:ss.ms and I want to use the COUNTIF function to count how many of them fall between 1-2 minutes, 2-3 minutes, 3-4 minutes, etc., but I keep getting a count of all the values. Am I comparing the time intervals wrong? For example, the data (in the A column) is: 01:19.666 01:13.287 01:28.308 02:29.872 05:36.658 01:01.770 My formula for counting those between 1-2 minutes: =COUNTIF(A:A,">=00:01.000&&<00:02.000") The returned value is 6. Any help would be appreciated, Dennis Dennis, For 1 to 2 minutes, try =SUMPRODUCT(...

How to use CxImage?
Hi I want to display a jpeg picture by using CxImage but I am new to visual c++ so I couldn't understand how to use this class in my project.Is there someone who have used this class and can you help me about using it? Thanks On Jul 3, 7:12 am, ibrahim <ibra...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > I want to display a jpeg picture by using CxImage but I am new to visual c++ > so I couldn't understand how to use this class in my project.Is there someone > who have used this class and can you help me about using it? > Thanks Its all here: http://www.codeproj...

Create a list and use drop down in other worksheets..possible?
Hi, I've search on how to do this task and found things similar but nothing exact. What I would like to do is create a 'list' of entries in one worksheet and then in another using a dropdown box select any entry from the 'list'. For example. Worksheet 1 A1 A2 A3 A4 ....etc Orange 100 0.5 17 Apple 88 7 23 Worksheet 2 I would like to be able choose from a drop down (combo box?) Orange and have the other cells (A2,A3,A4) follow suit in their respectable columns. My goal is to input all the food data in one worksheet and be able to ...

using another field as default
I have a form in which I need to do a default value of one textbox with the value of another textbox. The max warranty txtbox default value should be the contract warranty textbox value. Both fields are bound fields. A majority of time the max will be the same as contract but there are times when max is a longer time period so the user will change the number. How do I make the max default to the contract default? Thanks. John JohnE wrote: >I have a form in which I need to do a default value of one textbox with the >value of another textbox. The max warranty txtbo...

RE: Use correction update
--adiqejlxytn Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="rpqajffiqgzi"; type="multipart/alternative" --rpqajffiqgzi Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="gdozvqxc" --gdozvqxc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer. This update includes the functio...

"Enter Network Password" #3
I seem to receive the above dialogue box with increasing regularity. It presents with my log-in and password details all pre-filled but clicking on 'OK' only succeeds in making it disappear for a few seconds before it pops-up again. The only way of getting rid of it is to click on 'Cancel' and it is then removed for 3-4 minutes before appearing again. In the meantime I can't receive any e-mails (although I can send them OK). I seem to experience episodes of this that often last several days and then the problem goes away again for weeks/months. Any ideas? Highly...

eseutil.exe DLL missing
While trying to defrag a priv1.edb with the command : E:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA>c:\tmp\E3SP1ENG\setup\i386\exchange\bin\eseuti l.exe /d /p priv1.edb /t"e:\tempdfg.edb" I get an unable to find 2 dlls. jcb.dll ( actually there in the bin dir with eseutil.exe ) exosal.dll ( not able to find with a dir /s ) Any help would be appreciated. Ed S copy them to system32 directory, and run the command again to see if it works. "Ed S" wrote: > While trying to defrag a priv1.edb with the command : > E:\Program > Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA>c:\tmp\E3SP1ENG\se...

Sum cells using criteria from a row and a column
I am trying to sum cells in a sheet based on matching criteria in a row and matching criteria in a column. The data that I am working with is represented as: Resource: Resource1 JAN JAN JAN JAN FEB Project Project Description 12/19 12/26 1/2 1/9 1/16 Admin Administration 10 10 10 10 10 Holiday Holiday 8 8 Other Other time Off Training Training 20 Vacation Vacation 22 30 10 30 22 I ...

Learning how to use it & the Vista, on laptop
-- Pat Is there a specific question in there? Have you tried any of the Vista/Office tutorials? Smitty "Patsy57" wrote: > > -- > Pat ...

Outlook is used by malware ?
Something weird is going on with my Outlook 2007. After I have new email composed and hit “Send/Receive” button the status quickly display a “Sending a message 4/4” message. Why it says that it had sent 4 messages instead of one (I am absolutely sure that it has no other messages in the queue and only one message added to “Send” folder after the whole thing)? I have a suspicion that may be some malware on my PC using outlook to send emails and to conceal its presence it only does that when I and sending mine. I checked my PC for any viruses and spyware and found nothing. Any ideas of...

Using GP for Email Campaigns
Anyone successfully using the Customers (Active and Inactive) piece of GP for successfully tracking email campaigns? I would assume one would need to use extender heavily. OR Am I just better off using excel offline. Also, plan to use Constant Contact to deliver the messages. Thanks Tom Flick ...