Restarting Windows Vista

Every time I restart Vista I get a message; "The computer must be restarted
before updating can continue.  Would your like to restart now?"

If I click YES I get the same message when the computer is restarted.  If I
click NO the computer continues to boot up and seems to work fine.

Is there anyway I can get rid of this annoying message?

0
Larry

no but you can keep doing that... that's how fun vista is! Great choice! lol

"Larry Goldman" <larry.goldman11@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Every time I restart Vista I get a message; "The computer must be
> restarted before updating can continue.  Would your like to restart now?"
>
> If I click YES I get the same message when the computer is restarted.  If
> I click NO the computer continues to boot up and seems to work fine.
>
> Is there anyway I can get rid of this annoying message?

0
Mr

incredimail needs Outlook to restart..and restart...and restart....
I am using the Outlook 2002, and Incredimail add-on. But now when I open Outlook, I get a window saying "Before Incredimail for Office-Outlook add-on can be used, Outlook must be restarted. Would You like to restart Outlook now?" And when I say Yes to this, the same thing happens, everytime. If I say No, Outlook starts, but the icons concerning Incredimail, is not there anymore, so I cannot use/choose anything from Incredimail. However, the standard "butler" comes up and announces, when emails arrive. I have tried totally to remove Incredimail from my computer, vi...

Outlook 2007 / Windows Mail
I have Windows mail that came with Microsoft Vista. Also am using Office 2007 Home and Student edition . I noticed that I am unable to use my E-mail through Word and Excel Office 20007 without downloading Outlook these funtions are grayed out . Is there any way I can just purchase Outlook so that I can use Windows mail with my Office that I currently have. Or is there a patch I can use in order to make all funtions available in the Office suite. Thank You Regards, DWj I think OL2007 is available separately if you check online. I'm seeing prices around $60-$75 "Dean J.&...

windows mail support
Is this the correct forum for issues with Windows Mail (that replaced OE in Vista?) Windows Vista Mail Newsgroup. In your newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail On the Web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Duane Hebert" <spoo@flarn.com> wrote in message news:eazsDA58KHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is this the correct forum for issues with Windows Mail (that replaced ...

show minimize window selection for Excel
The Minimize / Maximize selection which appears top right hand corner when opening Excel has disappeared. If I open a new Workbook the work book has the minimize / expand options but not the Application itself. How do I minimize Excel so that I can see other documents open on the desktop? ...

Store Operations Manager prints labels to Windows default printer
I have a client who prints little barcode labels on a daily basis from the Store Operations Manager app. Once you click through all the prompts, you are presented with a list of printers. What happens is, regardless of which printer you choose from this window, the labels goes to the Windows default printer. So as long as the label printer is selected as the default, it will work. But this doesn't make sense that it would work this way. If it always prints to the default printer, why does it even prompt with the list of printers to choose from? And it would be a hassle to always have to ch...

windows mail not working
I can neither receive nor send messages with Windows Mail.It was working for 2 years and then it stopped about the time a new microsoft email update came in March 2010. It quit mysteriously. Att&T doesn't know what to do, Best Buy can't explain, so I have relunctantly had to open a gmail account. The error code is: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'j', Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Your question may be better answered in a...

Mac Office 2004 and Windows office 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C712EB.CB21E840 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0012_01C712EB.CB21E840" ------=_NextPart_001_0012_01C712EB.CB21E840 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable BlankWhen I decided I would get a Mac for work, so I can work with the = other mac people, I noticed one thing. When I have a document open, = instead of allowing a windows user to open it in read-only mode it gives = them an error, but when a mac opens the...

continuous restarting
Hello group, Windows XP machine keeps restarting/rebooting itself. Occasionally it will perform disk check and then proceed to user login screen. At this point any attempt to login begets another restart. Usually the disk check runs ok but occassionally it will mention something close to: " The size of the \documents & settings\Dee\ntuser.dat.Log entry is not valid." Help. I don't know how to proceed. Thanks. -- "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions" - Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson) in Pulp Fiction ...

Password Logging In Windows
A few years back, I and a friend (while working at MS) exposed and demonstrated the Windows Logging security hole in NT 4.0, and Win 9x OS's. This was supposed to have been fixed, but being as busy as I was with other things I simply didn't track the bug (RAID'ed back in <spit> '97 I think, by crackie) through to its demise. Is anyone here familiar with this issue and the resolution? To this day there are people out there saying that Windows still has this problem. I don't want to go through the effort of writing another key logger, so don't ask... >|...

changing Exchange primary windows account
How To change primary Windows Account in exchange 5.5 mailbox, I have 3000 mailboxes in exchange 5.5 server. I want to change the primary windows account of all the users. can anybody suggest the faster way to do it.does anybody hv any tool. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;155414 Sri wrote: > How To change primary Windows Account in exchange 5.5 > mailbox, I have 3000 mailboxes in exchange 5.5 server. > I want to change the primary windows account of all the > users. > can anybody suggest the faster way to do it.does anybody > hv any tool. ...

Office 2007 Update
I am running Windows 7 and after installing the latest updates for Office 2007 (Update KB977724and Security Update KB978380) and on restarting I keep getting the message "Your must restart your computer to continue the update process." I've restarted at least a half dozen times and keep getting the same message. I actually have Office 2003 installed but the 2007 updates don't bother my other two machines which are running XP. Joseph wrote: > I am running Windows 7 and after installing the latest updates for > Office 2007 (Update KB977724and Security Update ...

windows xp #2
I have installed xp on my computer and it wont let me active my window i have called the number and they have told me to contact tech because my product key is good and vailid but it wont take on my machine to finish activation please help me Hi Melinda Try this link for help. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general&lang=en&cr=US "Melinda" wrote: > I have installed xp on my computer and it wont let me active my window i have > called the number and they have told me to contact tech because my...

Multiple users in Outlook 2002 (Windows XP)
I am running Outlook 2002 and Windows XP and have set up two user accounts on the system. However, Outlook only seems to be working properly on one of the account/log ons - whenever we try to open Outlook on the other (even if I have signed out of the other one), it stalls (or the application hangs) - sometimes immediately, sometimes just after emails have been downloaded. In any case, I can never use it for more than a few seconds before it goes into the "the programme is not responding"-mode. It is always on the same user account that it fails to run... When I try once more...

Event 2116 Windows 2000 DCs and Exchange 2007
Hi, We have a single domain with a Windows 2003 SP1 running as DC with all FSMOs and Global Catalog. However, there are some Windows 2000 DCs, and the Exchange 2007 Beta 2 box is logging the following: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeADAccess Event Category: (3) Event ID: 2116 Date: 12/11/2006 Time: 5:39:43 PM User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGE2007 Description: Process IISIPMD5274F6F-E3FC-4A10-A855-21244E592820 -AP "EXCHANGEAPPLICATIONPOOL (PID=2708). The Domain Controller w2kdc.mydom.local is running Windows 5.0 (2195) (Unknown Service Pack). Exchange Active Directory Pr...

RMS and Windows Active Directory
I have a customer who wants to integrate their RMS logins with their Windows domain logins. I know how easy it is to get to the RMS logins, but does anyone have a way to bring in the Windows logins? I'm working with RMS Store Ops and HQ 2.0. Jeff, This is something we have looked into doing in the past for other clients and it will involve pretty heavy customization as RMS just is not currently built to handle integrated RMS security. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises 320-230-2288 rsakry@rite.us www.rite.us "Jeff with FirstTEC...

Restart server user right
Just wanted to make sure that if I need one of the users to be able to restart the server adding the user to Server Operators would give that user the minimum required. Thanks yaro Yes Yaro, that would acomplish the task. OTOH, I usualy set the policy on the server "Allow shutdown without having to log on". Since servers are usually in a locked room or in a rack, I can usually ask some helpful person in remote location to walk to the console and reboot the server. (For the security watchers in this newsgroup, I never had a security issue with this setting). Of cour...

Strange Window Behavior
I have been having a strange "behavioral" issue for a few weeks now. When attempting to open new folder windows (or settings windows) they either do not open, or open BEHIND the windows that I already have open. In and of its self, this is not a major issue. I believe however that this may be causing some issues in games that I have. For instance, I am unable to make selections of actions in the Sims game. I cannot select items on scroll menus in other games. Everything was working perfectly, then the next day NOT. With no "adjustments", downloads, etc....in b...

Book problems and solution for windows 7 09-23-10
Book problems and solution for windows 7 SBN: 978-1-4461-4031-4 / Copyright: ilias el issaoui / Language: English /page : 460 / file : pdf This book takes you step by step to a new world. The world of Windows 7, even if the new system were not know how to use it. Explain everything to you in pictures. You do not need to for a long time to learn In order not to remain afraid of not being able to follow up on your friends, neighbors or family members Problems and solutions for Windows 7 Is a book for all. To small and great. Anyone who wants to learn Do not miss the opportuni...

Please wait while Microsoft Windows configures Visio 2003 Professional
I keep getting this error when opening Visio I have read the other answers and I have come to these conclusions 1. reinstalling does not work have installed from CD, msi, setup.exe and it is not broken because of point 2 2. Opening as Local Admin does not have this issue but I run as local admin and still get the issue 3. If you hit cancel it opens fine 4. I used to have Citrix installed and think this may be an issue but have reassigned all my file associations repaired the install and still fails 5. Help please! Has anyone else found a fix? ...

Outlook Reminders in Windows 7
Has anyone found a work-around that can make Calendar reminders come to the top when running on Windows 7. I am running Office 2007, and since switching to Windows 7, I find the reminders virtually useless. The reminder window is always buried. -- Dan Voss AFAIk, there isn't a setting to force it on top. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outloo...

Positioning a window
Hello, I know that the way to open an ie window is the next one: CString strUrl = "http://www.msdnbrasil.com.br/"; if(ShellExecute(miHandle, "open", strUrl, NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL) <= HINSTANCE(32)) { //erro } but I need to change its position and size. I've tried SetWindowPos, but I can't guess the first parameter. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance. You should not *guess* the HWND. Get it through COM (IDispatch) interface of IE. To make it work you cannot use ShellExecute, try CoCreateInstance. "txemuki" <txemasm@hotmail.com> wrote i...

OL2003 Crashes and Restarts
A recent problem... any attempt to click on an interface item to read a mail message for example will crash OL2003 which will restart without problem. A dialog pops up to notify Microsoft and it includes a 'restart' checkbox which I've left selected and OL2003 does restart but I'm getting worried about my data. This is more than annoying especially that I see I have to uninstall Office completely to uninstall OL2003 just to try to reinstall OL2003. Is this my only option or might this be an issue that has some other way to be resolved? I've also allowed Windows Upda...

Interesting Windows Server setup
I wrote a few months back about salesforce to see if it would work on Windows Server. There has now been a chage. The Customer wants to move from salesforce to Office 2007. Further he wants to remote in and use his Blackbeery to remote in. He would pick up his e-mail from his server via Blackberry. Is Windows 200X Server statnd with 2 GB RAM adequate? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.myspace.com/502748...

Not able to shutdown/restart IE 8 using restart manager
I am handling an activeX control which needs to be reinstalled even when it is being used by IE. I am using Restart Manager to achieve this on windows 7. What I observed is that IE simply reloads the tab that uses my activeX control when I call RmShutdown(), so I am not able to re-install the control. And RmRestart() simply returns without any error. Please help me how I can re-install the activeX control by temporarily shutting down apps which are using it and restarting them once the installation is done. Thanks. Hi Varaha, Application Mutex "varaha" <vara...

Windows Scheduler
1) In Windows Scheduler if I schedule a batch command that one of it's function is to delete a file before recreating it will the deleted file go to my windows recycle bin or will it just delete in DOS? 2) If I run the batch file dailey and delete the same file and it does go into my recycle bin will I have a file named the same for each day the file was deleted (ie 30 files for the month) or will it rewrite the deleted file in the recycle bin showing only one file? -- Thanks, Dennis "Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:679...