Recent Items List not working

I have 15 items in my Recent Items list that never change. I create new
word, notepad, etc, documents & letters and they do not show up in Recent
items although all sorts of other stuff shows up there???

0
Artreid

1) Case 1.  Easy:
Try rightclick on taskbar-->Properties-->StartMenu.

I assume you're switched into Classic Startmenu style?

So look at bottom of that dialog screen, it says "privacy".
MAKE SURE "STORE & DISPLAY A LIST OF RECENTLY OPENED FILES OR PROGRAMS"
checkboxes are checked!
Because if accidentlaly it's not enabled, Vista will not be remembering your
recent files.

2) Case2.  hard.
If the above doesn't help, it's possible someone playing on your computer or
yourself accidentally, have altered Group Policy such as to not memorize
recently opened items.
For privacy, etc.
This would take a long time to explain and I am kind of busy tonight.

0
Stan

Change Item LookupCode
hi, can i change ItemLookupCode of items , for example : i want to change the lookup code from 123456 to PS3-123456 which indicate the Department of the Item, is that possible and do not harm the data base. thanks Yes, you can change Item Lookup Codes without a problem. Internally the item is tracked by it's own unique ID. Marc "BACHA11" <BACHA11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6EE17D3A-3AA2-473F-B374-C26E2807A4A4@microsoft.com... > hi, can i change ItemLookupCode of items , > for example : > i want to change the lookup code from 123456 to P...

Combo Box List Content Control
I want both the code and corresponding English translation to appear in the dropdown box. The codes are in col A, and the translations are in col B. Under Properites, ListFillRange I have entered: Jobs!A2:B200. Only column A is shown in the dropdown box. Also, when I select one of the dropdown options I get a VB error with my "Jobs!A2:B200" displayed in the VB code. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks. Did you change the columncount property to 2? Be aware that the both columns will appear when you click on the dropdown arrow, but only one value will appear in ...

Trial version of 2007 Excel not working
I just now started the "Trial" version of Excel. I did not have to type in the Product Key for some reason (maybe because I had already done it a week ago in Word?). It shows at the top of the program that it is the "Trial" version, so I know it's activated. My problem is...Almost all functions are disabled and it will not show any of my typing (numbers or letters) in the cells. I'm not sure what is going on...?? Someone please help me?! Did anyone ever help you with this? I am having the same problem "sdlizard" wrote: > I just now started ...

Some of my Switchboard Commands will not work
I have a 2003 database that is shared between just a few of us (it is not split into Front/Back) and I have one user who can not access all of the switchboard commands. She is on Windows XP and Access 2003 (same as myself and the others). She can use the Main Switchboard just fine but when selecting any of the items on the secondary switchboards, nothing happens..no errors, no nothing. I have made sure that SP3 for office was installed and all Windows udates as well but have had no luck. Also, the switchboard was created using the built-in Switchboard Manager. Since she is the only...

Receipts
Hi, Is there a way to get Item Messages to print on the receipt? I looked in Customer Source but I did not see a reciept that includes the item message. Thanks for any help on this that you can give! Laura Goodmorning Laura, You can do so by using the below available varirables for the item Message: Entry.Item.MessageAgeLimit Entry.Item.MessageText Entry.Item.MessageTitle Use anywhere in the receipt you want let me know if need any more help. rate me "Laura" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way to get Item Messages to print on the receipt? I looked in > Customer S...

Eliminating duplicates in a drop down list
I have constructed a database for a victim services organization with some 2000 clients. (sad commentary on today's world) One of the required reports is all the activity of an individual client. Obviously this suggests a one-to-many arrangement, as one client may be associated with more than on incident. But each callout record is unique, even though the client may be the same. I set up a popup with a text control wherein a partspec of the client's last name is entered. That information is then sent to a drop down box on the same form with this SQL in the rowsource pro...

PfDAVAdmin doesn't work on a cluster server?
PFDavAdmin V2.7 (6.5.7869.0) Exchange 2003 SP2 Windows Server 2000 (cluster) ..Net framework is running (V2 and V1.1) URLSCAN is NOT being used When I list all mailboxes on a server an then try to expand any 1 mailbox, I get: Could not expand https://... The remote server returned an error (404) Not Found When I try to use a Custom Bulk Operation (export) it logs: Warning: Could not get root properties for mailbox '...'. This mailbox will be skipped. Exception: The remote server returned an error: (501) Not Implemented. Our cluster guy says that it MIGHT be because of key gener...

Out of office turn off reminder doesn't work
Hi Outlook Gurus, We are moving our computers in our organisation from Office 2003 to Office 2007. Several staff have noticed that if you use the Out of Office Assistant in Outlook 2007, it doesn't automatically remind you to turn it off when you return as it did in Outlook 2003. I also understand you can now specify to turn it on from a particular date before you leave. However, I cannot find any options at the Outlook 2007 client end (via Tools, Options) that remedy this problem. Does this need to be set on the Exchange server side? Can anyone help? Thank you Re...

Link purchase to customer invoice item for item profitability
At our service company we oursource certain services to other service vendors. The service gets billed to our customer at an agreed upon rate. We then get billed by and must pay back the vendor. We have just implemented GP 10 and did not take our needs into account for this so I am open if the solution requires configuring another module such as POs. Here is the problem: We bill the customer in SOP for the service before we received the vendor invoice. We don't know exactly what the vendor invoice amount will be at the time we invoice our customer. Sales reports need to show the prof...

Public Folder in Distribution List
I have an exchange 2003 server. I have set up a distrbution list with an email address, and which contains a number of users who recieve email via this list on a daily basis. I would also like a copy of the emails recieved to be posted to a public folder - so everyone in the organisation can see them. I have therefore set up a public folder, and given it an email address. I can email the public folder directly. I cannot find a way to include the public folder in the distribution list, so the public folder is populated at the same time the email is distributed to the rest of the list...

Distribution List without email address
Is is possible to create a server based distribution list for internal use only that has no email address assigned to it? Thanks, hbchrist if is doesn't have an address, no email will be delivered to it...what is your objective? the address does not need to be reachable from outside your company...what version of Exchange? "hbchrist" <hbchrist@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uxQ3mLuJEHA.3084@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is is possible to create a server based distribution list for internal > use only that has no email address assigned to it? > > Thanks, >...

Random list place in column order.
Hi Everyone I have a list, A3:I25 that you can select items. The selection is done with a CheckBox at each items. I would like the items selected to be listed in column order below the list,ex:A30,31,32 etc.Can you help me, I am not very good with functions or macro. Regards John One play to try .. something along the lines illustrated in this sample: http://www.savefile.com/files/1333415 Extract checkbox selections into col.xls Assume 6 source items are listed in A3:B5, viz: Item1 Item4 Item2 Item5 Item3 Item6 6 checkboxes are drawn from control toolbox, with corresponding link cell...

outgoing msg picking up xtra items
when sending emails thru outlook express 6, somehow it is picking up extra items and attaching them to the emails that iam not attaching. how can i get this to stop doing this. please help. thanks. tara ...

SO Items not in HQ
If I find an item which is not in my HQ database but it does exist in my SO database, the sales come through as orphan with no details in HQ. I've tried to create the item in HQ but it tells me that it already exists..... Help?! :) It's possible that the item exists in the HQ database but has been made inactive. Additionally, the SO item may not associate with the HQ Item. Try this: From SO Admin, run this query: SELECT HQID, ID, ItemLookupCode FROM Item WHERE ItemLookupCode = 'X' From HQ Admin, run this query: SELECT ID, ItemLookupCode FROM Item WHERE ItemLookupCode...

items already on placed PO
Why, does this system not combine the TOTAL for all items on order (in transist) and in inventory, and use this TOTAL AS NOT TO BE included when I want to create another PO from the same vendor? I am having to auto generate and go back to see what I need to delete that is already in transit on previuos PO. Proink Proink, Seems to work on this end. Maybe you don't have enough on-order + ((on-hand - committed) - transfers)) < re-order point to satisfy the re-order level. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of new...

archive of public folder calendar items
Hi all experts, When i click archive in the public folder calendar items, it shows The select folder cannot be archived. Is there any method to archive the public folder calendar items? Thanks BT BT <barrytsiu@hotmail.com> wrote: > When i click archive in the public folder calendar items, it shows The > select folder cannot be archived. > Is there any method to archive the public folder calendar items? It can always be done manually. -- Brian Tillman ...

Most Recent
Good afternoon, I'm trying to run a query that will only pull the most recent entry. I have my table set up with a field (Auto-Number) i just don't know how to make it pull the most recent entry (only). thank you for your help. Autonumbers are not a 100% guaranteed to be sequential so that could be a problem. If you want to be almost 100% sure, you need a field in your table that has a data type of Date/Time and a default value of Now(). You can try the autonumber field with something like: SELECT TOP 1 YourTable.* FROM YourTable ORDER BY YourTable.Autonumber_Field DESC; ...

Kits
Using RMS 1.3.1010 - Configuration - Options - Item options - Calculate cost of kits (checked) After creating a kit from another ILC - price of kit is not updated. Shouldn't this work... did I miss something. Restarted POS Price of Kit is zero... Danny Hi Danny, It work at POS, as soon as you sell the item on POS it update the actual cost to the TransactionEntry table. and it will take the cost from component items. "Danny" wrote: > Using RMS 1.3.1010 - Configuration - Options - Item options - Calculate cost > of kits (checked) > After creating a kit from a...

Excel Documents Don't Appear in My Recent Documents
I use Office XP. Word, Publisher, and Power Point documents all appear in 'My Recent Documents' on the Start menu ... but Excel documents never do. The default setting for saving my Excel documents is Documents and Settings/My User Name/My Documents. Any ideas as to what is wrong and how I can correct it? Thank you. Go to <>tools<>options<>general and have a look at setting for "recently used files list" -- Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "Addi" <Addi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7F175A8-4E58-4367-B78B-FBD45...

How many emails can I put in a distribution list"?
I have about 45 people to put into a distribution list. I'm having trouble emailing them. It just won't send. Is there a limit as to the number of people you can send an email to? Any limits are imposed by your mail server, not Outlook. Ask your provider. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77E40D1F-2F02-49F7-84B4-875BB1BFF924@microsoft.com... >I have about 45 people to put into a distribution list. I'm having trouble > emailing them. It just won't send. Is there a limit as to the num...

Excel Function for select data which NOT exist from the list
There are 2 data sets are assumed running in A3 and in B3 down, viz.: In A3 down is: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K and L In B3 down is: B, A, H, C, F, I, K, J, H, C and J. The result which I want is to list or select the data which is NOT exist in the second set of data (Col B) when compare to the first set of data. In my example, the result is D, E, G, and L actomactic appear in cell C3, C4, C5 and C6 accordingly. I need an Excel formula to have this result! Many thanks, Wilchong -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200804/1 Try thi...

Not in Recent Docs
W2K Why dont my Visio 2000 docs appear in Recent Docs? Is it only your Visio files that don't show up? They should appear if you save them again, even if you don't make any changes. ...

Anybody recently gotten IActiveDesktop to work?
I am trying to resolve the IActiveDesktop 'undeclared identifier' error and I've tried everything I've ever found in googled posts with no success. Just including "shlobj.h" doesn't work. Including "wininet.h" before "shlobj.h" doesn't work. Undef'ing the IE version and manually defining it to 0x400 doesn't work (tried before including wininet.h and shlobj.h) Et cetera... Anyone... Bueller...? WTH Answer is: You MUST define wininet.h BEFORE afxdisp.h otherwise you can't define IActiveDesktop vis shellobj.h. G...

Stopping the Over-Receipt of Purchase Line Items
Without code, does anybody know of a way to prevent a user from overreceiving a purchase order? The message appears that says the item has been fully received. But, the user is still able to keep going. Thanks -- Charles Allen, MVP Charles, I checked and I don't think you can accomplish this without a customization. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Charles Allen" wrote: > Without code, does anybody know of a way to...

Update all line items for a requisition
Add a method of updating all common fields for all line items at once such as all require by dates or all comments. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b76f9c57...