MSCOMCTL.OCX runtime error

I am trying to use an older program (developed probably around 2003/4).
When I attempt to run it I get the following message:

> Run-time error '339':
>
> Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly
> registered: a file is missing or invalid

I found this website from google, this specific thread:
http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/845481.htm  so I decided to try
doing what was suggested in that thread. None of the things that were
suggested helped, then it mentioned something about dependency walker. I
opened the file in the dependency walker, and I got the following error
with 'GPSVC.DLL' :

Code:
--------------------

  Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
  Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

--------------------

I'm not sure if this is enough information for someone to be able to
assist me, but I'm tired and I can always add any more info requested.
So if anyone can assist me with my problem, that would be greatly
appreciated.

--
Doeboy278x
Doeboy278x's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/256516.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
Doeboy278x

Your computer might be infected with some virus due to which you are
noticing this kind of behaviour. You may download the above mentioned
file from the Microsoft Download Center:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896559.

--
Stroud
Stroud's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/76819.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1357423.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
Stroud
8/12/2010 10:36:47 AM
Stroud;5031826 Wrote:
> Your computer might be infected with some virus due to which you are
> noticing this kind of behaviour. You may download the above mentioned
> file from the Microsoft Download Center:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896559.

thanks that fixed the problem

--
Doeboy278x
Doeboy278x's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/256516.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1357423.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
Doeboy278x

technical error on settled edc
I setteled a batch of credit card transactions and it came bach with 1 technical error. I have been using RMS for about 2 months now and never have seen this problem. I have accepted and settled all types of transactions in the past with success, but yesterday i settled again and have a another technical error. Am I going to get funded from the transaction? How do I solve this problem? someone please help Victor you need to void the transaction with the technical error. Then re-sell it as a force (use the same approval code) provided you are forcing it within the same busin...

Intergration Error msg
Co-worker is getting the following error message when he tries to run an integration, "Macro execution error, Dynamics.Dexterity_IM_Macro_Ignored (error 0). CloseWindows Dictionary form window" I can run the same integration from my PC & run great. This makes me think we have some sort of issue with a GP file on the co-worker's PC, not sure what though. Any thoughts from anyone. Thanks On Jul 17, 12:30=A0am, Merle <Me...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Co-worker is getting the following error message when he tries to run an > integrati...

Out of Space Error in Exchange Router Service
I've been troubleshooting a client installation of CRM 3.0. They have been unable to send email from the web client or track email using Outlook Laptop client. CRM and Exchange are on seperate servers. I finally got it working last week on Friday. But over the weekend the Domain Controller with Exchange (and the Exchange Router) on it started having major performance issues. The the avg disk queue length was nearly 600/second (normally ran at around 2/second). The following error is also now in the Application Log: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkSer...

Has anyone seen this error on EX2003 sp2, Event id 1025?
Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1025 Date: 7/24/2006 Time: 9:49:49 AM User: N/A Computer: SFEXCHG4 Description: An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (SFEXCHG4)". Function name or description of problem: SLINK::EcUpdate Error: 0x8004010f For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Mike, are you seeing a lot of these? It might be a "soft" error. Tak...

CPropertySheet::OnInitDialog()
I have a problem with function CPropertySheet::OnInitDialog() after migration from VC6 to Visual Studio 2005. This is an error message: "program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down". This runtime error occurs only on Windows 98 SE while CPropertySheet::OnInitDialog() is executing. my code: BOOL CUstawieniaSzablonowSheet::OnInitDialog() { if (m_rodzaj_wywolania =3D=3D 3) { m_psh.dwFlags |=3D PSH_NOAPPLYNOW; m_psh.dwFlags &=3D ~PSH_HASHELP; m_dialog_czynnosci.m_psp.dwFlags &=3D ~PSP_HASHELP; GetDlgItem(IDCANCEL)->SetWindowText("&Anul...

Document Not Saved error
I was emailed a file from a customer yesterday. I was able to open i fine with no problems. After I opened it, I saved it as three seperat files using Save As and everything was fine. I closed all of them an went home. This morning I opened one of the files that I created an inputted my info. I then went to do a regular save and an error bo came up that said Document Not Saved. I tried saving it to both my har drive and network drive and I got the error both times. I then opene the original file, and the other two that I created and the same erro came up with all of them when I tried to save....

Error
HI, My application is mulithreaded VC++ console based application. Some times when i run the application, pop up error is displayed as "User break point called from code at 0xxxxxxx". But, there are no Break points set in the code. Please help ! Gary "Gary" <msnews@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23vXcZekhDHA.3784@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > HI, > My application is mulithreaded VC++ console based application. Some times > when i run the application, pop up error is displayed as > "User break point called from code at 0xxxxxxx". But, the...

Error can't find database, but finds it anyways
I have an access database (pass-through.mdb) which is a pass-through to another secure database called (SecureDB.mdb). This pass-through has the following code which is automatically run with a AutoExec macro and then it closed the db: Public Function PassThru() On Error GoTo PassThru_Err Dim strPath As String Dim strAccDir As String Dim strAccPath As String strAccDir = SysCmd(acSysCmdAccessDir) strAccPath = strAccDir & "MSACCESS.EXE" 'Path to database on Server strPath = Chr(34) & strAccPath & Chr(34) & " " _ & Chr(34) &a...

Error Messages #2
After migrating my settings to my new computer from the old, I have an annoying dialog box which says, "Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew" when I open the program and another dialog box saying, "Compile error in hidden module: DistMon. What is the problem, and how do I fix it? Thank you in advance. JR You have a faulting add-in and I suspect this is the Adobe one. Try looking under Tools>Add-ins and uncheck everything. Restart Excel If you find nothing there, try un-installing/re-installing adobe acrobat -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southamp...

MFC Exe to OCX
I've already posted this to comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.tools.mfc but nobody appears to be there so I thought I'd try here. Sorry to anyone who watches both groups. Anyway, this is going to show my complete lack of knowledge in this subject but I have a question that MSDN, code project and google are refusing to answer. Is it possible to wrap an MFC SDI application up as an OCX? I.e. I have an exe written in MFC, VC6 that we would like to now provide as an OCX. If it is possible, how would we do this? Thanks Andy "Andy Murphy" <andrew.murphy@uk.experian.com> ...

GP Upgrade and SOP Reports Error
I have just completed an upgrade from 7.5 to GP8 and SP2. When users try to print SOP reports (orders, picking tickets, despatch notes or invoices) they are getting an error "Wrong number of arguments to 'SOP_DP_Run_Reports' Has anyone seen this or know how I can fix it? TIA Hits Did you have modifications to your reports? There were so many changes in SOP/POP and Inventory that all modified reports have to be rewritten. You should've gotten errors when upgrading your reports dictionary. "Hits" wrote: > I have just completed an upgrade from 7.5 to GP8 a...

Big Error
An update query updated a large number of field values in the wrong field. It added the value YED-14- to the left of the existing values. Is there a way to remove the YED-14- without doing it manually or requesting IT to restore the database from backups, and return the values to there original values. This will really save us embarrasement. Thank you ever-so-much. On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 09:26:00 -0800, PA <PA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >An update query updated a large number of field values in the wrong field. >It added the value YED-14- to the left of the existing value...

GetDocument( ) link error
I am getting the following link error when I call GetDocument( ) from within my CView class. LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class CGUI_WhidbeyDoc * __thiscall CGUI_WhidbeyView::GetDocument(void)const " (?GetDocument@CGUI_WhidbeyView@@QBEPAVCGUI_WhidbeyDoc@@XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall CGUI_WhidbeyView::OnCreate(struct tagCREATESTRUCTA *)" (?OnCreate@CGUI_WhidbeyView@@UAEHPAUtagCREATESTRUCTA@@@Z) Any ideas why? Thanks. Jess Check GetDocument implementation is provided Class wizard will generate two GetDocument functio...

Server Error in '/' App. after Installation of Business Portal 2.5
Some shared web part (eg. Key Information, Quick Links...) cannot be displayed, while other shared web part (Company News) can do. And here's the message. What would be the solutions? Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly. Requested Url: /BusinessPortal/executable/centertasks.aspx Alexis, Thanks for using the newsgroup. I have seen similar error messages because the BusinessPortal v...

Runtime Error 381 Couldn't set list property, invalid array index
I opened a 97 spreadsheet in 2003 and now each time a user form is initialized a runtime error comes up in the following line in the vba code: ComboDeptNum.List = Sheets("Definitions").Range("$J$1:$I$12") It is the same thing if I specify a named range: ComboDeptNum.List = Sheets("Definitions").Range("DeptList") This exact same codes works fine in 97 and the security is set to low in 2003. The number of columns is set propoerly but the list box just won't load values. I'm a newbie to Excel vba but have more experience with Access and never sa...

eConnect Connection Error
I have written two eConnect programs that work fine on my PC, but error out when installed on the users PCs. Seems a simple enough issue, but I am getting a onday morning block. What do I need to set up in SQL, or on the user's PC, to get these programs to run? Error: --> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Loging failed for user''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. SQL is set for Mixed-Mode security. The connection string is sConnectionString = "data source=" & vSQLServer & ";initial catalog=" & ...

Installer Error
Hi, when I tried to Installer Windows Intaller CleanUp Utitiy there is massage display (the Windows Installer service could not be accessed. This Can occur if you are running windows in Safe mode, or if the windows installer is not correctly installed. Contact your Support personnel for assistance. and please note that i Loge Administrator in My PC bit still I don't How I solve this Problem?? and what is the mean (you are running Windows in safe mode)?? thank very much for Help. regrad, Salem "Salem" wrote: > Hi, > > when I tried to...

Runtime Error when Receiving
For some reason, whenever I receive new messages in Outlook, it experiences a runtime error and is forced to close. If I close it immediately, then when I reopen it, it will re-receive those same messages, thus creating a duplicate copy. However, if I wait several seconds before clicking the OK button on the error alert pop-up, it will complete the full download of each message, including running rules, and will not re-receive them after I restart it. It seems that absent of clicking that OK button, it will keep functioning (except that I can't click on Outlook until after...

Error Message #31
On a new install of Office XP, I an recieving an error message in Outlook 2002 that says "Operations ended! An object could not be found" when the "Send/Receive" button is pressed. has anyone seen this before, and what did you do to resolve it? Thanks ...

Never Ceasing Error Message in My Mailbox
Account: 'cwjamaicA', Server: 'mail.cwjamaica.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Hello, I keep getting the message as stated above in Email box. What does this mean and how can I clear this up. Thanks. Burchie S burchsam@cwjamaica.com ...

Error posting return from project batch entry
Multiple accounting users are getting the error message "This posting setting has been deleted" when trying to post a return from project batch entry. The same error shows up in multiple companies. Anyone know what causes this error? Just bumping this post as I can't find any other information out there. "Keving" wrote: > Multiple accounting users are getting the error message "This posting setting > has been deleted" when trying to post a return from project batch entry. > The same error shows up in multiple companies. Bump for help... &qu...

disk full error
ok, so for some odd reason, when I tell publisher (2003) to save my publication, it gives me the following error: "The disk is full trying to write (filename). Save this file on a different disk and/or drive." it has never done this before and I've created similar (much larger) documents for three years in a row. currently, my file is only 374 MB, and I'm saving to an external hard drive with 125 GB free. it saves just fine if I save it to my PC's hard drive, then copy it over, but that's getting really annoying! I would prefer to save it directly to my ex...

powerShell error with Events and ref Arguments
This sample Script brings powerShell to crash because of the ref Argument in the C# event. Does anybody have an idea how to solve the problem, when passing Events with ref arguments to a powerShell script. I just want to ask a script from a C# assemblie to get some values and not only one return value. #Add new Class Type Add-Type -TypeDefinition @' public class TestClass { public delegate void SetupEventHandler(ref int value); // public delegate void SetupEventHandler(int value); public event SetupEventHandler Setup; public void ...

Comcast send error with Outlook 2000
Help? I am having a problem that has kicked my ass for many days now. When I open Outlook I am receiving mail just fine, but I can't send any. Message says it can find smtp.comcast.net. Any help would be great... Thanks in advance, Jack make sure , under Settings, that you have checked the box that says 'outgoing server requires authentication' -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices I have tried it both with and without the authentication. I also tried changing the port to 587 (I think that is what is was as an alternate)... and no go. I am having the exact same ...

Register OCX more than one time
Hi I'm using VC 7. Can someone tell me what is the simplest way to register my OCX two times on the same computer (the two OCX's are not binary compatible, but should have the same name). The problem is that sometimes it happens that my OCX will installed from different providers on the same computer and the OCX from the providers are not always binary compatible. Werner "Werner" <activeengine@web.de> wrote in message news:c92dffd3.0311070702.2d170039@posting.google.com... > Hi > > I'm using VC 7. > > Can someone tell me what is the simplest way t...