Move confirm

How do I get Vista to not move file without confirmtion???
Have moved files by mistake!

--
palm32
palm32's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/59496.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
palm32

On Thu, 13 May 2010 13:15:03 -0500, palm32
<palm32.4awypb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

>How do I get Vista to not move file without confirmtion???
>Have moved files by mistake!

How did you manage " by mistake " ?
0
Jim
5/13/2010 7:59:39 PM

"palm32" wrote:

> How do I get Vista to not move file without confirmtion???
> Have moved files by mistake!
>

> --
> palm32
> palm32's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/59496.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1336786.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>
> .

Use Copy/Paste. Makes a copy of the file to where you paste it, and leaves
the original file where it was. Delete the original file when you are
satisfied that the copy is where you want it. This is old school, where have
you been?
Griiting my teeth!
Others on my PC grab a file or worse and drag it to another location.
There used to be a choice to confirm move in past Window OS.
Anybody care to answer w/o wise as* remarks I would appreciate it!

--
palm32
palm32's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/59496.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1336786.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
palm32
5/14/2010 12:00:50 AM
See if this is what you want: (I haven't tried it yet myself)

D&D Interceptor can intercept drag & drop and copy & paste actions and
allows canceling
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/D-D-Interceptor.shtml

....Alan
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

On Thu, 13 May 2010 13:15:03 -0500, in
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general, palm32
<palm32.4awypb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

>How do I get Vista to not move file without confirmtion???
>Have moved files by mistake!
0
Alan
5/14/2010 2:01:33 AM
On 5/13/10, palm32 posted:
> How do I get Vista to not move file without confirmtion???
> Have moved files by mistake!

From what you said in this and your other post, your best (maybe only)
method is to password protect your account and make a new account, a
standard user account, *not* an administrator account, for the other
people. Put a password on the standard account or accounts, but don't
use the same password as on your account. Be sure to keep your password
a secret.

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)

0
Gene
5/14/2010 4:30:53 AM
"palm32" <palm32.4awypb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> How do I get Vista to not move file without confirmtion???
> Have moved files by mistake!
>

> --
> palm32
> palm32's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/59496.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1336786.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

If you drag and drop with right click, you are given a dialog
box to give the choice of copy, move, make shortcut, or
cancel.  In XP there was no confirmation for move, with left
click drag.  The confirmation is for delete. If you accidently move
files, they are still intact in the new location, and you do have
the option of moving them back.

0
Ian

Moving license to a new computer

Safe to Move?

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Moving Exchange 2000

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Outlook 2000 requesting confirmation
Hello .. thanks to a lot of help here I am doing a mass mailing from Excel to Outlook, sending different files to around 200 recipients. The only problem I have is that Outlook requests a confirmation for each file and each confirmation takes 20 secs or so. I tried changing the security to low, but that didn't work. Is there any way to bypass this request from Outlook .. basically it states that another process is sending mail through Outlook and requests a confirmation yes or no. Any help would be much appreciated. Abay ...

Moving Folder error

Moving between worksheets

Moving Cache
I have started a new computer with Vista Ultimate. I have outlook 2003 up and running and have copied my PST file from my old Windows XP Pro computer. I did have a lot of cached addresses which were not in my contacts. I copied the .NK2 files from the XP to the Vista computer, replacing the currect *.NK2 files in the roaming folder. The address do not appear when I try to address a new email. Am I missing something? Regards. Bob Is your profile name the same on the Vista Machine? Where did you put = the file? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ...

MRP V10 Move In and Move Out
Service Pack 1, has anyone seen any issues with the Move in and Move out not working for 'make' items when MRP regenerates? I seem to be able to create a situation, where if I change the MO Due date or change the Sales Order In House Date, (change one OR the other so they dont align with each other) MRP will suggest a new MO instead of moving the existing. MRP is suggesting MO's with no demand. For example: MO Due Date 07/1/2008 Sales Order In House Date 07/03/2008 If I change the Sales Order In House date to 06/27/2008 (and leave the MO alone) MRP will suggest a ne...

Moving .pst to new machine
Need to move my data to a new machine temporarily. I copied my .pst file and opened it on the new machine. I have my email, and my primary calendar but I am wondering where my additional calendars are located. What is the best way to copy over those calendars, are they not part of the .pst? Also, what about Rules? Do they not get copied with the .pst? Lastly, how can I copy my BCM data to the new computer? Thanks for all your help. Interesting thing happened, just added a new appt to my calendar on the new machine, and suddenly my other calendars appeared. Very strang...

How to move a file?
When saving a document into a file I'd like to move the old version into a backup directory (and rename it using the date and time). Using CFile, as I am, I could copy it of course. But does the OS have a way to move a file without copying? Pat Crowe wrote: > When saving a document into a file I'd > like to move the old version into a backup directory > (and rename it using the date and time). > Using CFile, as I am, I could copy it of course. > > But does the OS have a way to move a file > without copying? You could try: BOOL MoveFileEx(LPCTSTR lpExistin...

moving from an older version to 2003
Hi, My old computer used Outlook 2000. The new one has 2003. How do I move the data from one PC to the other? Is it as simple as copying the *.pst file and opening it on the new PC? When I tried that it looked wrong because there were two sets of folders with the same names. Any help is appreciated. Phil That is the way I did it and it worked just fine. I then created a new 2003 format .pst and copied everything to it within Outlook 2003. Then I switched the folder under the Account settings to make the new .pst the folder to be used by 2003 and that worked fine also. "Phil&qu...

an email is stuck in my inbox
I was sent an email from a fellow co-worker that was simply asking me to call someone. I cannot delete this email or move it to another folder. I get "Unknown Error" when trying to delete. I would like to delete this email but I do not know how as I have tried all the normal ways already. One thing that helps us when we have a situation like this is to "sneak up on it." Select the mesage above it, hold down control, and click on the message following it. Now you can hit Delete on your keyboard. I hope this works for you! >-----Original Message----- >I w...

How to move CRM for Outlook database to different drive?
Is this possible? Would appreciate any help. Thanks! ...

HOW do you move multiple transactions at once?
Ok, so I am going to try to play by Money's rules... I have an account that was downloaded. I can't merge this account with my old account for two reasons. 1.) It will "delete all old transactions to prevent duplicates" - Whomever approved this design needs a talking to. 2.) If I do, it will simply create the account again! So, I then tried exporting my old account and re-importing it... the problem here is that Transfers and Payees are all messed up, requiring a LOT of manual work! So now I am trying "Cut & paste to Account" which works, but I only seem ...

Move Exchange 5.5 mailboxes from one domain to another
Hi, is there a way to move a bunch of Exchange mailboxes from one Exchange 5.5 server on one domain to a diferent Exchange 5.5 server on a different domain? Many thanks, A ...