Locating a downloaded file....

I am downloading a file from a website (Janome - sewing machine related) --
and it shows on the list of the downloads pop up window -- but I can't find
it on my hard drive.

How can I locate the file?

It's not in the download folder.   If I search for the file name - nothing
comes up (I sure miss the old search process).

I need to copy this file and move it to a flash drive -- in order to move it
to an older laptop that no longer has Internet access - but runs my
embroidery sewing machine.

But I can't find the file.  If I double click on the downloads pop-up -- it
attempts to open the file -- So I am convinced it is there somewhere...

Now to find out where.

Thanks in advance.

--
Kathryn Groves

0
Kathryn

"Kathryn" <grovesfam@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
> I am downloading a file from a website (Janome - sewing machine
> related) --  and it shows on the list of the downloads pop up window --
> but I can't find it on my hard drive.
>
> How can I locate the file?
>
> It's not in the download folder.   If I search for the file name - nothing
> comes up (I sure miss the old search process).
>
> I need to copy this file and move it to a flash drive -- in order to move
> it to an older laptop that no longer has Internet access - but runs my
> embroidery sewing machine.
>
> But I can't find the file.  If I double click on the downloads pop-up --
> it attempts to open the file -- So I am convinced it is there somewhere...
>
> Now to find out where.
>
> Thanks in advance.

What browser did you use?  The easiest way I can think of is to go back to
the site and re-download it, this time paying attention to where it's going.
If you're using Firefox, open preferences and go to the downloads tab.
That'll tell you the default location where the files are saved.
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

Michael
2/11/2010 5:50:23 PM
Firefox is my browser -- and thanks... I found them.

Also set it to ask me where I want it saved to from now on!

Thanks

--
Kathryn Groves

"Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message
> "Kathryn" <grovesfam@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
>> I am downloading a file from a website (Janome - sewing machine
>> related) --  and it shows on the list of the downloads pop up window --
>> but I can't find it on my hard drive.
>>
>> How can I locate the file?
>>
>> It's not in the download folder.   If I search for the file name -
>> nothing comes up (I sure miss the old search process).
>>
>> I need to copy this file and move it to a flash drive -- in order to move
>> it to an older laptop that no longer has Internet access - but runs my
>> embroidery sewing machine.
>>
>> But I can't find the file.  If I double click on the downloads pop-up --
>> it attempts to open the file -- So I am convinced it is there
>> somewhere...
>>
>> Now to find out where.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> What browser did you use?  The easiest way I can think of is to go back to
> the site and re-download it, this time paying attention to where it's
> going. If you're using Firefox, open preferences and go to the downloads
> tab. That'll tell you the default location where the files are saved.
> --
>

> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

0
Kathryn
2/11/2010 5:55:59 PM
"Kathryn" <grovesfam@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
> I am downloading a file from a website (Janome - sewing machine
> related) --  and it shows on the list of the downloads pop up window --
> but I can't find it on my hard drive.
>
> How can I locate the file?
>
> It's not in the download folder.   If I search for the file name - nothing
> comes up (I sure miss the old search process).
>
> I need to copy this file and move it to a flash drive -- in order to move
> it to an older laptop that no longer has Internet access - but runs my
> embroidery sewing machine.
>
> But I can't find the file.  If I double click on the downloads pop-up --
> it attempts to open the file -- So I am convinced it is there somewhere...
>
> Now to find out where.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Kathryn Groves

If this was recent, then go back to the website and go through the download
to the point you get the Run/Save to window. Read the information as to the
path it will save the file to. Look for your file on your computer using
that path name.
You can also look in Recent items list. Once you find it move it to where
you want it.  Then cancel the down load. It just a good idea when saving
files for the first time to slow down and read the default path that it will
be saved to unless you change it.

H Brown

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:55:59 -0500, Kathryn wrote:

> Firefox is my browser -- and thanks... I found them.
>
> Also set it to ask me where I want it saved to from now on!
>
> Thanks

One more thing, since you're using Firefox.

Open the download dialog (Tools -> Downloads). Your latest download will be
listed at the top of the list. You can right click on that entry and choose
"Open containing folder". How's that for easy?

--
Gene E. Bloch      letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom
0

--

> Firefox is my browser -- and thanks... I found them.
>
> Also set it to ask me where I want it saved to from now on!
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Kathryn Groves
>

> "Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message
>> "Kathryn" <grovesfam@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
>>> I am downloading a file from a website (Janome - sewing machine
>>> related) --  and it shows on the list of the downloads pop up window --
>>> but I can't find it on my hard drive.
>>>
>>> How can I locate the file?
>>>
>>> It's not in the download folder.   If I search for the file name -
>>> nothing comes up (I sure miss the old search process).
>>>
>>> I need to copy this file and move it to a flash drive -- in order to
>>> move it to an older laptop that no longer has Internet access - but runs
>>> my embroidery sewing machine.
>>>
>>> But I can't find the file.  If I double click on the downloads pop-up --
>>> it attempts to open the file -- So I am convinced it is there
>>> somewhere...
>>>
>>> Now to find out where.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> What browser did you use?  The easiest way I can think of is to go back
>> to the site and re-download it, this time paying attention to where it's
>> going. If you're using Firefox, open preferences and go to the downloads
>> tab. That'll tell you the default location where the files are saved.
>> --
>>

>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

0
Michael
2/11/2010 8:17:03 PM
What browser?

Most browsers these days have a "downloads" window that pops up when the
download is done (Firefox is a prime example).  Using FF as example, (but
Opera, Safari etc should have a similar thing) open the Downloads window
(In FF it's on the Tools Menu).

You'll see the downloads there.  Locate it and right click and "Open
containing folder" which will open the folder where the downloaded file was
saved.

Unless you've cleared the list, it should be there (and usually sorted with
the most recent download at the top of the list).

"Kathryn" <grovesfam@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
> I am downloading a file from a website (Janome - sewing machine
> related) --  and it shows on the list of the downloads pop up window --
> but I can't find it on my hard drive.
>
> How can I locate the file?
>
> It's not in the download folder.   If I search for the file name - nothing
> comes up (I sure miss the old search process).
>
> I need to copy this file and move it to a flash drive -- in order to move
> it to an older laptop that no longer has Internet access - but runs my
> embroidery sewing machine.
>
> But I can't find the file.  If I double click on the downloads pop-up --
> it attempts to open the file -- So I am convinced it is there somewhere...
>
> Now to find out where.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Kathryn Groves

0
Andrew

Cannot create link for object word doc. Link to file greyed out
I am trying to do the following in a calendar in Outlook 2007. Insert Object (inserting a linkable Word document into the Calendar) Create from File (I select the file and it shows its path on the network) Link to File is greyed out Does anyone know why the Link to File is greyed out. Thanks, Crazyhorse ...

Chart Location
Hi, How to specify the location of a chart in a sheet (The sheet contains 4 charts).The chart location should vary dynamically depending on the values associated with it. Thanks and Regards, Sumathi Sumathi - You need to specify the coordinates and dimensions of the chart's parent chart object, in pixels. With ActiveChart.Parent '' or With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1) .Top = 50 .Left = 50 .Height = 175 .Width = 225 End With - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTe...

Money 2005 SB can't open Money 2004 File
Hello all, I just upgrade Money 2004 to 2005, both Small Business version. I have 2 money files, one created in 2004 the other created in Money 98 and upgraded every year till 2004. The first one gets converted to 2005 without any problem. But the 2nd one can't be converted. Money 2005 said it is either locked or protected or corrupt. But it has no problem at all in 2004 I've tried to delete all accounts in this file but one to elimilate causes of problems but still have no luck. Can anybody help? I can even post this file here if the group accept bin upload. Thanks in advance Howard...

Named Range in a External File Formula
I have a simple VBA program that when run, looks at a date in a particular cell and updates 6 named ranges with specific file names it uses based off of that days date. I have a folder for every day of the week and inside there are 6 exactly named files: "Tech Name - Service Log - Date.xls" (Date is in mm-dd-yyyy format) The named ranges are "TechName1File, TechName2File, ect...." How do I make this work: After successfully running the macro to fill the named ranges, the named ranges will look like this: Named Range: TechName1File = \\Server\Folder\Folder\<Year>\...

DPM 2010 RC co-locate SQL Server
I'm creating a protection group for SQL Server 2005 SP3 (CU8) with DPM 2010 RC. I have about 15-20 small databases and about 10-15 larger databases. When I create the protection group the option to co-locate is checked (and not gray), but when the protection group is created I end up with many 10gb disk partitions. Isn't co-location supposed to prevent that? I read that the default for co-location is 30 databases (how do I increase that?) so I tried hand picking the larger databases from the list rather than the auto option and only using those in my protection group....

Re: File Not Found #2
"Leslie Coover" <lcc66604@cox.net> wrote in message news:... > > "Leslie Coover" <lcc66604@cox.net> wrote in message news:... >> When I try to copy just a few worksheets from a large workbook >> to a new workbook I get bunches of File Not Found boxes that pop up >> when I try to open the new workbook. How can I stop this? >> >> Les >> Excel 2000 >> > > ...

Free Software search and download = www.GEGEREKA.com
Project of the year: Incredible unique search machine like nothing on earth. MP3,MPEG,AVI,DIVX,DLL,PHP,EXE,ISO, ... and much more Millions files for everyone. Music, movies, soft and other media. http://www.GEGEREKA.com : THE LORD OF DOWNLOADS. ...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #9
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Jet 4.0 SP4 or 5 Upgrade and NTDLL.DLL missing file
Following Tony Towes suggesting for better performance in A2k, While tring to upgrade my jet by downloadin the file Windows2000-KB829558-x86-ENU.exe from the net I get an error NTDLL.DLL missing. What can i do??? "Chedva" <chedvag@matrix-it.co.il> wrote: >Following Tony Towes suggesting for better performance in A2k, > >While tring to upgrade my jet by downloadin the file >Windows2000-KB829558-x86-ENU.exe from the net I get an error NTDLL.DLL >missing. What can i do??? Are you in fact running Windows 2000? Otherwise this could be a virus or something else...

Macro location
I have a file called PERSONAL.XLS that contains all my macros.It is located in STRARTXLS I had reason to copy that file and an other Excel file to drive A(Floppy) Now every time I try to run a macro the computer looks to drive A. How can I stop this ? Thanks -- Norton Virus checker 2003 says this email is clean First off, you should never copy files from Excel to a floppy - it gives too many problems because of the way Excel uses its temporary file. The file can get corrupted. Save to our hard drive and copy from there. The change of location is "a feature not a bug" <grin>...

Packager cannot package empty files
Packager cannot package empty files.. This message is a new one to me, just showing up when I'm trying to insert a clip art image into a Publisher document. Doesn't happen with ALL clips -- what can I do to fix it? (Have been using Publisher for years - currently running 2007) I'm getting that same problem on my work computer. Outlook, Word, Excel - and like you, not every time, not every day. I wish I had an answer for you. This started last week for me. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies&qu...

Auto emailing files
Hi I have a file I've created in excel. It is linked to an external database. It has some data, a table and graph. I need to send this to various people every monday. How do I update the data in the excel table that I made, overwrite the previous file and evey monday send this attachment to some people. Hoping to do all this automaticaly. Keep in mind that I've never writen a batch file or anything like that. Thank you in advance, Mike zderos@hotmail.com <zderos@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a file I've created in excel. It is linked to an external > database...

Location Availability
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to setup a location or user for a location so that when people schedule meetings they can see if the area they want to hold the meeting in is available. For example we have a meeting room and a showroom, so I want people to be able to check the availability of these rooms directly in outlook when creating a meeting request. Thank you. I've seen it done with Outlook -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Tim" <Myemail@here.com> wrote in message news:11n7egikgheercc@corp.supernews.com... > Can anyone tell me if it i...

PST files causing freezing
using Windows ME. I have maybe 7,000 msgs in Outlook. Spaced out among many archive folders (jan-march 03, march-may03 etc.) The other day I backed everything up to a PST and it did it fine. However, now it is causing some problems when I try to use OUtlook. In my folders list, I can see the "Personal Folders" list at the top, but when I try to click on it (or if I try to import or export), the entire system freezes up. It then takes about 3 reboots to even get Outlook to open back up. I've tried opening it in safe mode and the same thing happens. I can use Outloo...

Auto-Close Excel file after 10 minutes
I would like to create a macro which will automatically close the excel 10 minutes after it is opened. I've seen posts containing code that will close a file, but I don't see any code that does it on a timed basis. Can you help me? Also, where would I put such a macro? I don't know where I got this code, but try this, as is will save and close the workbook in 20 seconds, use to test, for 10 minutes change TimeValue("00:00:20") to TimeValue("00:10:00") 'this will auto-close the workbook after 20 seconds of inactivity '******************************...

Some transactions wont download
I have Windows XP. Use 2004 MSMoney. I download transactions from my FI. All transactions come through but a few. The ones that do not seem to post are ones that I did with a teller or had someone there transfer for me. Checks and debits from my card etc all download. Any ideas on this? Thanks! Jennifer ...

How do you check out a file from a link
I have received a link to an excel file stored in a SharePoint library. When I open the file the option to 'check out the file' does not appear at the top of my screen. This function does work for a word document in the same library. Please can you advise. Thanks With your browser, go to the Library where the document is located and check out from there. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 16/04/10 15:44, Tracey T wrote: > I have received a link to an excel file stored in a SharePoint library. When > I open the file the option to 'check out the fi...

Complex text import to excel file
I want to import a complex text file in xls format. can you help me Text file shows as : VCODE DOCNO VNAME/NARRATION AMOUNT 101101 MAX TECHNOLOGIES 5500151 Purchase -Keyboard 1000.00 5500152 Purchase-Mouse 2000.00 101102 DIGITECH COMPUTER 5500221 Purchase-SMPS 5000.00 5500222 Purchase-Motherboard 10000.00 After importing text file in excel sheet, data should be shown as VCODE VNAME DOCNO NA...

Converting .pdf files to excel
Is there a software out there that can convert .pdf files to excel files? ...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #8
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Shared workbook strange files
We have a shared xls with the following properties: * Allow changes by more than one user at the same time * Keep change history for 30 days * Update changes when the file is saved * Ask me which changes win What we have at the moment in the directory where this file is situated, is all strange kinds of files, i.e. D4FFA000 FFCD2000 The extension on these file types just shows "File", and when I open them the content seems to be the same as that of the XLS file. Any ideas/suggestions appreciated. By the way, will it make much of a difference that we use Excel 2003/2002/2000 on ...

Chart Location Choice
I have one spreadsheet with lots of charts but for some reason I cannot select the chart location. The only one allowed is "As new sheet". The alternate ""As object in" is ghosted out! what did I do wrong?? I have checked tools-option? I disabled macros? Is the sheet protected, preventing insertion of any objects. Regards, Peter T "Geoff" <Geoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:598ADFDC-9F61-40F0-AB4A-08023022BB9F@microsoft.com... >I have one spreadsheet with lots of charts but for some reason I cannot > select the chart...

Default Excel as Read Only File
How could I default excel workbook as READ ONLY? Give me your hand. Thanks, George George, When saving your workbook: File > Save As In the dialogue box, click on the down arrow next to Tools Choose General Options From here you can set a password to prevent users modifying your workbook or tick the "read-only recommended" box if you want to warn users that the workbook should be opened read-only. "George" wrote: > How could I default excel workbook as READ ONLY? Give me your hand. > > Thanks, > > George > > Hi, BOO: Thanks for the ...

Fidelity Billpay, Moneyline downloads to M2007?
Hi, I noticed recently that my Fidelity Billpay and Moneyline transactions are not being downloaded with all the other transactions, though they are being properly handled and paid. Comparing the Fidelity records, and my Money records, the last was automatic download registered in February this year. This corresponds roughly with their transition to a new, improved Billpay. I don't have that many that I can't put them in manually, but it worked fine for years. Before I call Fidelity, I am curious if anybody else has had this problem, or perhaps more importantly if yours is working...

Is RAID1 good enough for a local office database/file server (running Windows 2008 Server)? Or RAID5? Options
Hi Our IT suppliers are telling us that hard disks are now so reliable, that RAID1 good enough for a local office database/file server (running Windows 2008 Server)? Or should we go for RAID5 ? All feedback gratefully appreciated. With thanks Ship Shiperton Henethe Hi Shiperton, RAID 1 is at least equally reilable as RAID 5. Both configurations tolerate losing one disk. However, if you calculate statistically, chances are bigger that one drive will fail out of three (RAID 5) than one out of two (RAID 1). The same is statistically true that two drives will fai...