LIST OF "WINDOWS 7" NEWSGROUPS (Windows7, Win7) - ULTIMATE ANSWER TO ALL 06-07-10

Where is 'Windows7" Nesgroup?
This question is being asked here (on
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general):
methodically, weekly (if not more often), so it became a "sticky note"
everyone is tired of answering.  Some of us feel that the question is
repeated by people too lazy to Google or learn for themselves.  Let's answer
this question once & for ALL, only problem I can't make this Article a
"sticky note" also (unlike the question - ironically), let's hope these
people can SEARCH & LOCATE my answer, here it goes: ************************

Two possible Newsgroups (Usenet):
*) alt.windows7.general   ---> is growing in popularity, English
(international)
**) it.comp.os.win.windows7   ---> Italian.

Start at Alt.Windows7.General
Not all servers carry it (at least not yet), bt here're two great FREE
Newsserver that do:
*) news.eternal-september.org    ---> YOU HAVE TO REGISTER AT
ETERNAL-SEPTEMBER.ORG FIRST, then in your Newsgroup reader set server/portas
their website insutrcts you, set "requires to login" and enter
userID/password you chose.  This is the greatest free newsserver in the
world, people who pay to Giganews or use GoogleGroups are misinformed &
waste time/money elsewhere.
**) aioe.org  --> I never tried this one, but people say it's also good (?)
=============

Also
http://www.sevenforums.com/news/
http://www.w7forums.com
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/forumdisplay.php?f=16
There's one at Tom's Hardware, forgot the address but Tom provides a great
service to community (for free).
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ee396321.aspx

Microsoft has set up Windows 7 support in web forums, part of a general
migration away from usenet:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/
============

There is a NNTP bridge available https://connect.microsoft.com/site927  this
may not be a perfectly direct adderss, so search Microsoft.com for "NNTP
Bridge" in case link provided here gets obsoleted, you need to install this
bridge only if you get sick of Web interface, if you're OK using Web instead
of a professional's choice which is Usenet/Newsgroups, then you don't need
NNTP Bridge.
==========

Here's also a large Google-owned group, but it's NOT Usenet, it's NOT even
Microsoft Forums.  This is the lamest "Google Groups" interface, it's given
here as an extra, you can use them if the above list and chiefly if
alt.windows7.general is not enough.  This group has 1034 subscribers as of
today, which is not much less than this Vista.General (which has 1300+
permanent members).
windows7@googlegroups.com
Avoid it if you can, not to mention they require to register (restricted)
and "Kevin Panzke" isn't there yet.

=========================
Stan Starinski
Web:      www.Interengineers.org  www.Nanoinfocenter.com   Currently OFF for
maintenance
Consulting Engineer (EE+ME, ECAD+MCAD [3D/2D]), R&D + Prototype,
Embedded/Firmware ["C" or ASM for Microcontrollers], computers).

0
Stanley

"Stanley Starinski" <SStarinski@globalempire.org> wrote in message
> Where is 'Windows7" Nesgroup?

What is a NesGroup?  Just FYI.  Is that something you watch on TV?  Just
FYI.

> This question is being asked here (on
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.general):
> methodically, weekly (if not more often), so it became a "sticky note"

I get sticky notes every morning when I get up.  Just FYI.  Can I share my
sticky notes with you Stan?

Just FYI.

> everyone is tired of answering.  Some of us feel that the question is
> repeated by people too lazy to Google or learn for themselves.

That is right.  People too lazy to take their medication.  Just FYI.

0
Kevin

Windows 7 and Access 2007 ODBC Connection problem
I just created a Windows 7 PC (Enterprise Eddition) and have Office 2007 Pro. Both are fully patched. I have an access application that works on an XP PC but fails on the Windows 7 PC. Both PCs have an ODBC connection and both past the Connection Test. However, when I opend the application on the Windows 7 PC it fails with an: ODBC - connection to 'Calltrack_Access' failed. error. Not sure what would cause this. I've given the file location full access rights in Access including subfolders. Is it a Windows 7 permissions thing???? that sounds great "...

How to share printer connected to Windows 7 pc with a pc using Vista ?
I have upgraded to Windows 7 and now face the problem that no one else but myself can use the printer. Before I had a home network setup and all other pc's connected via wireless network to print. How to I setup just the printer so others can use it ? Jason, Have you enabled printer sharing in Network and Sharing Center? Have you shared your printer already? Carlos "Jason" wrote: > I have upgraded to Windows 7 and now face the problem that no one else but > myself can use the printer. > > Before I had a home network setup and all other pc&...

Using Windows Easy Transfer for Windows 7
I recently purchased a new machine with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit, and need to run Windows Easy Transfer on my old 32 Bit XP machine. A book I have tells me to use the \Support\Migwiz\Migsetup.exe file from the installation DVD. I have found the file on the DVD, but XP obviously won't let me run it because it is 64 Bit. What can I do, if anything? Thanks. -- Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/ Please repost here for assistance: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/threads Nathan Sokalski wrote: > I recen...

Reinstall office 2007 in Windows 7
I had purchased an Office 2007 cd earlier this year and installed in on my home computer on XP. I now want to upgrade to Windows 7 on the same computer Can I use the same cd to install Office 2007 with windows 7? The hardware is the same, just the OS is different. Please give a definitive answer if this is possible and I am not violating any licences. Thanks D -- When you need a helping hand, look for one at the end of your arm... =?Utf-8?B?RGFuZHo=?= <Dandz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:8D3F3114-2010-42EA-BE79-3BF3A2165DFA@microsoft.com: > ...

WINDOWS 7
I have Pub Vesion 2002. Will it work on Windows 7 ? If not what version will work on 7 ? -- R F BORELLI You can certainly try installing it. I'm sure it will work fairly well, especially if you run it in XP compatibility mode. If it doesn't, it's time to upgrade to Publisher 2007. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "rfborelli SNEE FARM" <rfborelli@comcast.net> wrote in message news:745E3AB4-A2E2-4E8E-822D-8940A2995CDB@microsoft.com... >I have Pub Vesion 2002. Will i...

windows 7 05-01-10
Don't seem to be able to find a group about windows 7 ??? Is it under some other name? Technical support NNTP newsgroups are fast becoming obsolete. You can obtain excellent advice in the new Microsoft Answers Windows 7 Forums: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx KG wrote: > Don't seem to be able to find a group about windows 7 ??? Is it under > some other name? On 01/05/2010 1:30 PM, KG wrote: > Don't seem to be able to find a group about windows 7 ??? Is it under > some other name? Vista will do. Win 7 is really Vista with service ...

Outlook contacts gone after installing Windows 7
I installed Windows 7 (custom install but did not format hard drive). After doing so, my Office programs did not work. I had to reinstall them. After doing so, my contacts and calendar entries were gone. How do I locate them? I have searched my Windows Old folder for .csv and .pab files, but the search returns no results (I searched hidden files and folders). Any advice? Thanks, Jason "Jkirsh" <Jkirsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4B539B3-08FB-4D60-A40A-FA3AA045A4FD@microsoft.com... > I have searched my Windows Old folder for .csv and ....

Windows 7 groups for Newsreaders?
Where/how can I access windows 7 newsgroups using my news reader?? -- Craig On 02/15/2010 03:27 PM, News wrote: > Where/how can I access windows 7 newsgroups using my news reader?? > > -- > Craig > > Hi Craig, I you meant product news feeds, her is all of them for you to choose from: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=rss If you meant newsgroups, like this one, I have not found a w7 group yet. Just use the Vista groups. A couple of sociopaths will get upset by it, but everyone else is cool. -T Yes there are no Windows 7 ...

Office 2000 on Windows 7
Is Microsoft Office 2000 usable on Windows 7 ? "DR" <DR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B830DC2C-5D63-4B38-A4B7-F025816198D8@microsoft.com... > Is Microsoft Office 2000 usable on Windows 7 ? It's not supported, which is different than, it doesn't work. Its not supported on Vista either "DR" <DR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B830DC2C-5D63-4B38-A4B7-F025816198D8@microsoft.com... > Is Microsoft Office 2000 usable on Windows 7 ? Hi DR, For the most part, yes. Outlook has some...

Windows 7 Backup
Hi, when I used Vista, Windows Backup worked fine, and regularly backed up my system and files to my DVD drive. But I have had Windows 7 for several months now, and Windows backup has yet to work! The backup always fails-- even the first few days just out of the box. I am busy, but have researched and tried different things, but to no avail. I have a HP p6213w with a 64 bit intel E5300 dual core chip. Any ideas? Am 07.03.2010 22:03, schrieb Richard: > Hi, when I used Vista, Windows Backup worked fine, and regularly backed up my > system and files to my DVD dri...

Windows 7 and Outlook 2007 problem
I updated to Windows 7, and reinstalled Office 2007. I cannot install Outlook, and when I go into Control Panel/Mail I get the message that the Exchange Server is not available. I cannot get past this. "doctoral student muma" <doctoralstudentmuma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24D9800F-52FA-4416-AF66-0DC2454F2B89@microsoft.com... >I updated to Windows 7, and reinstalled Office 2007. I cannot install > Outlook, and when I go into Control Panel/Mail I get the message that the > Exchange Server is not available. I cannot get past this. Su...

AutoFormat not working in Word 2007 in Windows 7
I have just installed the Office 2007 suite on Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit edition. Almost everything works well, but I noticed that when I type quotes, Word 2007 is not automatically converting them from straight quotes to curly quotes. I have went into the Word Options and tried the setting both ways, but it makes no difference. I have made absolutely no changes to this installation, and this problem does not occur on my Windows Vista and Windows XP machines. The computer is virus-free (I have an antivirus solution running, I don't go to shady sites to begin with...

XP to Windows 7
I have a Dell Inspiron 530, Intel dual 2.2 CPU computer running XP/Sp3/IE8 with all updates. It has 3 identical, 320G SATA HDs, all cloned to the same software, and 2 gigs of memory. The three HDs are located in the two internal positions and one external enclosure. I have been given a gift of a legal Windows 7 disk and wish to install W7 on one of the drives. My questions: If I install W7 on one of the HDs, I realize that the XP (and everything else) on that HD is gone and I have no problem with that as I will still have two fully operational XP systems and all my apps on...

Windows 7 Calendar
Please help. If I open a new event and fill out all the details and then save/close it, I can not find the entry or see it in the calender. Where am I going wrong or am I missing a step somewhere. Thanks Windows 7 Calendar ???? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Buffel" <Buffel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D384519-4B2F-4F23-8515-F5D7E0FDCC1C@microsoft.com... > Please help. > If I open a new event and fill out all the details and then save/close it, I > can not find the entry or see it in the calender. Where am I going wrong or ...

Problem with Access 2007 on Windows 7 64-bit
Access 2007 hangs when i try to open av Table view with more than approx. 20 records ...

MDI Printer with Windows 7
I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 7. I loaded Office 2007 Ultimate on it. I can read my old MDI files but cannot create any new ones using the MDI printer. MDI printer does not appear in the printer section anymore. Has anyone been able to get around this? Alan -- arncorp ------------------------------------------------------------------------ arncorp's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/167723.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1286446.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

FRx 6.7 vs 32-bit Windows 7
I'm getting the following error when trying to generate a report but only on the Windows 7 32-bit system. Running SQL Server 2005 on another server, Dynamics GP 9 client is installed on this machine. Component Error FRx is unable to process this output request for the following reason: C:\Windows\system32\msxml.dll could not be found. Generating a DrillDown Viewer or XML output file requires the following: -Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later -MSXML 4.0 SP1 or later It may be necessary to install (or reinstall) the component or components listed above. ** any suggestions or re...

Word 2003 running in Windows 7 -- Open Dialog Small
When I run Word 2003 on my new Windows 7 laptop, the "open" files dialog box is much smaller (not full screen, only allowing very small preview, not allowing my places on side, etc) than in Word 2003 on my XP desktop. Windows explorer I assume is doing this listing, but I cannot find how to make it full screen when in Word 2003? thanks... You can drag the lower right corner to increase the size, or you can maximize it by double-clicking the title bar. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "r...

Trying to open a tab w IE8 with Windows 7
While on www.icynene.com I have been unable to click on their dealer locator to identify dealers in my area. I get the following message: could not perform this function because the default mail client is not properly installed. Appreciate your help Al "Al Charbonneau" <AlCharbonneau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D7A4E41-1288-45B0-8574-DC5ABB6F0617@microsoft.com... > While on www.icynene.com I have been unable to click on their dealer > locator > to identify dealers in my area. I get the following message: could not > ...

Converting From An XP Computer To A Windows 7 Computer
My new Windows 7 laptop will likely have Windows Live Mail already installed. My existing XP laptop has WLM installed as well. How do I make sure that my local folders, contact list and email settings (I have two email addresses) are transferred from my old computer to my new one in a way that will immediately synch with the installed WLM software? Please be as specific as possible. Go ahead and install WLM on your XP machine now and set up everything there. That will make your transition to the new W7 machine easiest. http://download.live.com You can File - Export from OE (?) ...

Windows 7 Code 80070BC9
Like Vista, I now am getting error codes for updates for Win 7. Any suggestions? You were getting Windows Update errors in Vista so you decided to upgrade to Win7? Consused, I am wrote: > Like Vista, I now am getting error codes for updates for Win 7. Any > suggestions? PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote: > You were getting Windows Update errors in Vista so you decided to > upgrade to Win7? > > Consused, I am wrote: >> Like Vista, I now am getting error codes for updates for Win 7. Any >> suggestions? > No, the OP likes Vista. <w> 800...

Office 2007
locast installed Office 2007 on a new WIndows 7 machine. The installation went through without error. But now I cannot open any of the Office 2003 files. The error I get is as below. The files are on a local drive and not read only. Excel cannot open the file <filename>. The document may be read-only or corrupted. <filename> cannot be accessed. THe file may be corrupted, located on a server that is not responding or read only. Please help. Thanks much. Are you the owner of the folder in question? omsoft wrote: > locast installed Office 2007 on a new ...

Outlook 2007 and Windows 7
After installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 machine, I get no new mail sound, pop up notifications or the new unread mail icon in task bar. Every thing else seems to work fine. Any hints? are the icons in the overflow? -- -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What v...

Re: XP to Windows 7
"bobster" <fauxie@bogus.net> wrote in message news:... Bill, See my last post to Anna regarding my "as delivered" Inspiron 530 configuration. The first WD 320g HD I bought was the full kit and contained the eSATA cable and rear adapter/connector. The other identical HDs were bought as "bare drives" which go for as little as $40 and come with nothing but the drive. And, BTW, thanks for your comments as well as those from Peter. =========================================== "Bill in Co." <not_really_here@earthlink.net> wrote i...

does Outlook 2000 work with Windows 7
Contacts won't work, says its missing a file, WAB.DLL Outlook2k is not Vista compatible either, nor is there any continued MS Support http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm for some workarounds "Patricia" <Patricia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1081478-9BDA-4B7D-B2FA-8F0A00D30EF0@microsoft.com... > Contacts won't work, says its missing a file, WAB.DLL > > ...