In place upgrade from Win Vista Ultimate to Win 7 Ultimate x64 ?

Apparently it is possible to do an in-place upgrade from Win Vista Ultimate
to Windows 7 Ultimate, but is it also possible to do an in-place upgrade from
Win Vista Ultimate (x32) to Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) ?  TIA ...

e.

No, you can't do an upgrade install from 32 to 64 or from 64 to 32 bit.
Has to be a clean install.

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"E-Double" <EDouble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Apparently it is possible to do an in-place upgrade from Win Vista
> Ultimate
> to Windows 7 Ultimate, but is it also possible to do an in-place upgrade
> from
> Win Vista Ultimate (x32) to Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) ?  TIA ...
>
> e.

0
Dave
3/24/2010 1:19:52 PM
On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 06:01:01 -0700, E-Double
<EDouble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Apparently it is possible to do an in-place upgrade from Win Vista Ultimate
> to Windows 7 Ultimate, but is it also possible to do an in-place upgrade from
> Win Vista Ultimate (x32) to Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) ?  TIA ...

No. It is never possible to change the "bitness" of any installed
Windows. The only way to go from any 32-bit version of Windows to a
64-bit one, or vice-versa, is by doing a clean installation.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
0
Ken
3/24/2010 2:28:51 PM
On 3/24/2010 8:01 AM, E-Double wrote:
> Apparently it is possible to do an in-place upgrade from Win Vista Ultimate
> to Windows 7 Ultimate, but is it also possible to do an in-place upgrade from
> Win Vista Ultimate (x32) to Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) ?  TIA ...
>
> e.

Nope, you can't do in-place from 32-bit to 64-bit anything.

0
milt
3/24/2010 3:03:57 PM
On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 06:01:01 -0700, E-Double wrote:

> Apparently it is possible to do an in-place upgrade from Win Vista
> Ultimate to Windows 7 Ultimate, but is it also possible to do an
> in-place upgrade from Win Vista Ultimate (x32) to Windows 7 Ultimate
> (x64) ?  TIA ...
>
> e.

You wanna think about that for a second? How do you do an in place
upgrade of all the 32 bit system functions to 64 bit applications?
0
ray

re: upgrade to money 2006
i was running money 2003 just upgraded to money 2006 basic it was not a smooth upgrade now when i open money 2006 i get money 2001 trying to install and the program asks for the 2001 cd for money to continue installing the program i don't have the money 2001 cd nor do i want to install it any ideas thanks david ...

Error accessing sql data after GP 10 upgrade
We recently upgraded from GP 7.5 to GP 10 and I now receive "Error accessing sql data" when I try to print modified reports. Any ideas on how to fix without remaking the reports? Glenn, Did you import the modified reports using customization maintenance or just used the upgraded version? if you didn't you will need to re-import. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Glenn_Lasowski" wrote: > We recently ...

Reinstalling upgrade
After I bought my first copy of 10.1 I bought the upgrade for Office. I=20 owned Office 98 for Mac. the installation went fine. And I have been=20 using it. Now I have upgraded to 10.3. However on my lap top I wanted=20 to eliminate the partition I had been using for system 9. I no longer=20 need system 9 for the applications I have on my laptop. In the process I = lost my Office X. Now I have tried to reinstall it but I can't because = it=20 can't find my earlier version. So what happens when a person uses an=20 upgrade version for a version that you no longer need? Any one help=20 m...

subtotals #7
multi-level subtotals appear out of order...I have not cleared the summary below data box This sometimes happens if the data is not sorted prior to running the subtotal procedure.......... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "dougkissack" <dougkissack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5D97DEA-D4E7-4993-BE56-9841827B9B10@microsoft.com... > multi-level subtotals appear out of order...I have not cleared the summary > below data box maybe..... Debra Dalgleish has posted this: ======= The problem may be corrected by installing this hotfix: http://s...

Placing bubbles
I would like to place bubbles on the 2D places (x,y) with different radius. The coordinates are the (column, row) an´d the rtadius the value in the cell (column, row). For example the value 0.25 in the cell (2,5) means, that a bubble with radius 0.25 placed on the 2D coordinate system at the location x=2, y=5. How to do it ? The bubble chart places the bubbles on the location (column, radius). Thanks in advance, Laszlo I'm probably not understanding but I'll take a shot . . . assuming the bubble chart is similar to an XY Scatter chart, wouldn't you set your data up li...

Upgrading Question?
When I bought my iMac, I also purchased & installed both Nova- Parallels and a full version of Windows XP Home in order to use MS Office 2000 which was on a pc that I used prior the the iMac purchase. I have been using my iMac for nearly a year now, along with both Office 2000 and Apple's iWork '06 with Pages on an aviation related newsletter and records associated with aviation related events; among other interests. Writing to the pc side with Office 2000 programs and Apple programs has kept files separated and somewhat easy to work with, but Office 2000 is out of date and in...

Shortcuts placed on desktop
Every time I close Money 2004 I have 2 new shortcuts for some bank on my desktop. Does anyone know how to turn this off? -- JollyRoger In microsoft.public.money, JollyRoger wrote: >Every time I close Money 2004 I have 2 new shortcuts for some bank on my >desktop. Does anyone know how to turn this off? Tools->Options->General->TurnOffSponsorshipsAndShoppingLinks. Thanks for the help. -- JollyRoger "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, JollyRoger wrote: > > >Every time I close Money 2004 I have 2 new shortcuts for some bank on ...

Place Templates
Well,. I. ...

Money 2005 worth the upgrade?
My credit union is on the list of institutions that support the direct statements feature, but only if I upgrade to Money 2005 for some reason. Currently I can download the statements from the website in Money 2004, but this is an extra task I have to keep up with every month. I have heard there are some problems with the 2005 version. Would it be too much trouble to upgrade? Should I keep what I have? -Jeff My due diligence on M05 is captured at http://umpmfaq.info/Money2005.htm. YMMV. "Jeff P" <jeffpNO@SPAMruralramp.net> wrote in message news:119u70r232f4g28@corp.s...

DNS/Exchange 5.5 upgrade prob
I seem to have painted myself into a corner, but I'm sure there is a solution. I upgraded our exchange server from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. We are fully operational, with all mailboxes migrated to the new server (running Windows Server 2003). Here's the problem. I'm still running the Internet Connecter Service from the old server and I want to down it and remove 5.5 from my environment. My new server has DNS pointing to our internal DNS server running on our DC. Our DC is Windows Server 2000. Problem is, if I turn off all the old services and create a SMTP connector on the ne...

negative numbers #7
When trying to enter a negative number, such as -1, excel changes it to 01. samr414 Wrote: > When trying to enter a negative number, such as -1, excel changes it t > 01. I have been trying to duplicate this situation and it just would no happen. Maybe, formatting your cell to GENERAL or NUMBER will help yo solve this -- BenjieLo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31439 I XL does this wh...

Upgrade to XP
I had 98 and upgraded to XP and now I can use Outlook...when I tried putting the CD its gives me the following error ERROR APPLYING TRANSFORMS. VERIFY THAT THE SPECIFIED TRANSFORM PATHS ARE VALID. How do I check that?? ...

Not Windows but Chicago Hawks win Stanley Cup
Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook kisses the Stanley Cup after the Blackhawks stunned the Philadelphia Flyers 4-3 in overtime, capturing their first championship in 49 years. As you might guess, Hockey's key competition is named after me. Just kidding. P.S. I didn't know hockey is so active during Summer time, it was 90 degrees here the past week and we're not far from Chicago. Stanley Starinski I have a goat on Route9, NJ at my farm! "Ibrahim Al-Qassam (Abdelaziz)" <IranWillRuleWorld@alibaba.ir> wrote in message news:hure3v$...

Using the registry in Vista.
I haven't started programming to target Vista yet. (First, I need to buy a new computer that has Vista.) Currently, depending on my program, they run on either XP or Server 2003. Can I access the same areas of the registry in Vista? I've been putting everything in local machine. Can I continue to do that? If I can't, what do I do? If I write a service... They start up before a login. Right? So how do I use the registry in that case? >Can I access the same areas of the registry in Vista? You can - if you (the user running your program) has permission to do so. >I&#...

Truncating decimal places
When I export a file (from Access or Excel) with a decimal value (in this case Lat. and Lon. values) to a text file, it truncates the decimals to two places. How do I stop this? It works fine if I export as text values. The decimal places are probably there, just not displayed. Select the cells and either click on the icon on the toolbar to increase the decimal places or change the formatting - Format | Cells... | Number tab | Number and increase the Decimal places. Regards Trevor "Greymane" <greymane21@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7b5501c402f6$140f8bb0$a501280a@...

Excel-cannot view info placed in cells
I built a spreadsheet, filled in the cells and saved the document. Now in trying to reopen it to add more info, I find that the spreadsheet does not show up at all when opened. Just gone. Thanks for any help. I have never had this issue before. Liz Liz: Do you mean you just have the "gray" area? If so, try opening and hit Window-->Arrange, and just hit OK. ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "crayon" <crayon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A98FD557-6417-407A-B5A5-B47F4141C7A7@microsoft.com... >I built a spreadshe...

Money Upgrade #3
Trying to upgrade from Money 2000 to Money 2004. When it tries to update the data file I get the message "Money cannot locate filename or cannot open it, possibly because it is read only file, you do not have permission to change it, or your disk drive is write protected......". I have run the Money repair tool and the salvage program. Each indicates thet the file has no problems. However it will not update the file for use by 2004. Any helpful tips?? Thanks in advance Right click on your money file, select properties, and de-select the read-only check box. "BobR&q...

Great Plains should allow more decimal places for finance charges
We are currently using Great Plains v. 8.00. Our intent was to charge a 5% annual interest rate for our finance charges; but, because Great Plains will only allow 2 decimal places for the monthly rate, we are charging a monthly rate of .41%, which equates to an annual rate of 4.92%, rather than being able to use a monthly rate of .41666666666666% (or something similar), which would allow us to get to the desired annual rate of 5%. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click t...

Outlook Connector #7
I have outlook connector version 12.0.4518.1068 installed with officeXP. I get a SyncLimit error and mail does not download. Deleting and re-creating the MAPI accounts (as per the instructions in KB941198) fixes the problem for 1 day. I do not wish to delete and recreate all live mail accounts every day. I can't ask for help via the online support page because it cannot find the productID number, and the one in the Outlook Connector about box is invalid (let alone being 3million characters long and you can't copy and paste it. Maybe a slight exageration on the length). How are we s...

SBS 2003 Outlook licences after an upgrade of server
Sorry if this has been asked before - I cannot track down a definitive answer on a problem we have with Outlook licenses. We have an SBS2003 server (not R2) with 50 odd CALs which included rights to use Outlook 2003. In the last year we bought afresh a full blown Windows 2008 server with new cals and Exchange 2007 on it. (We couldn't fathom the upgrade rights so bought all new cals - we did not have software assurance.) Both servers still run but the new one is now the domain controller and main email server. The old server sits on a subnet as it also runs an old busin...

outlook 2002 and vista home premium.
I just installed outlook 2002 on Vista Home premium and I want to connect to my exchange server while I am work and while on VPN. I am able to create the account but I get an error message that states "The specified default store could not be opened. Please make sure you can access your default store and try again." Is this a supported configuration for home premium. I am an the same network as the exchange server and it does resolve my name. It is an 2000 exchange server. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm . cd wrote: > I just installed outlook 2002 on Vis...

money 2002 #7
i am having a problem with money 2002. my pc quit and i got a new one. my old one was running 98 --my new one xp home. i transferred all of my files and everything seemed fine but---every time i go to print checks, they print in reverse order. so the last check in the register prints first and gets the lowest number and so forth. but the register numbers them correctly as though the first check had the lowest number. can anyone help? Have you checked the settings for your printer? Maybe it's set to print in reverse order. "dave" <davidlipsky@msn.com> wrote in ...

signature to be placed at BOTTOM of the email
hi all I have one netscape 7.1 user, he have configure the signature when reply back the sender the signature is inserted at bottom of the quote how do we do it at MS Outlook 2003? In other words, it means, when he reply more than one time on the same email, ALL the signature is appear at the BOTTOM of the email thanks Version of Outlook is? You could insert the signature manually via Quick Parts or Auto text depending on the Outlook version and if Word is used as the editor. "gbkhor" <gbkhor@time.net.my> wrote in message news:OUpyBEqfIHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl.....

place cards
I want to create place cards for an upcoming event. Where are they in the wizards? ...

Place to put program
Howdy, I would like to know if there is a place one can put their program so someone might be able to tell you what needs to make the program better. I guess what I am talking about is a place where an Access programmer can tell me what I need to do to make it better or not. Dbulk a.k.a. Dale If you first compact it, then zip it. You can email it to: newsgroup at accessmvp dot com I'll post it to the AccessMVP website and anyone who wishes will be able to download it. Keep in mind that this is a public website and I have no control over whomever downloads it, so be...