I have never been so upset with MS in my life...

I absolutley cannot  believe this....

Can anyone from Microsoft please justify the logic here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not know much about Vista, but her is the scenario...

A neighbor of mine calls and says their computer will not update to Vista
SP1 from the Windows update....

No, that cannot be right I say....  I'll be right over....

Famous last words....

I ran the SP1 update on their computer, and sure enough....

AFTER, yes I said AFTER  the computer spent about 3 hours tying to update...
I saw a message that said that the service pack could not update and was
therefore REVERTING !!!!!     REVERTING, why would a process REVERT
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is MS software not smart enough to determine whether the update would work
BEFORE the attempt  took place ??????????????????????

WHY.... WHY  on earth would MS make you go through all that time only to
determine AFTER the fact that the update could not take place !!!!!!!!

UNBELIEVABLE....  I have been an MS advocate all my life (telling all those
Apple fruit weenies to take a hike)...

I feel soooooooo burned !!!!

My daughter uses a frigging Apple... and I think she is the wiser !!!!!!

0
Rob

And furthermore....

Let me tell you how  I realy feel....

Anyone that uses the word REVERT.... which means you were stupid enough not
to check the conditions BEFORE the fact....
SHOULD be FIRED !!!!!!!!!

"Rob" <robc1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I absolutley cannot  believe this....
>
> Can anyone from Microsoft please justify the logic here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> I do not know much about Vista, but her is the scenario...
>
> A neighbor of mine calls and says their computer will not update to Vista
> SP1 from the Windows update....
>
> No, that cannot be right I say....  I'll be right over....
>
> Famous last words....
>
> I ran the SP1 update on their computer, and sure enough....
>
> AFTER, yes I said AFTER  the computer spent about 3 hours tying to
> update... I saw a message that said that the service pack could not update
> and was therefore REVERTING !!!!!     REVERTING, why would a process
> REVERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Is MS software not smart enough to determine whether the update would work
> BEFORE the attempt  took place ??????????????????????
>

> WHY.... WHY  on earth would MS make you go through all that time only to
> determine AFTER the fact that the update could not take place !!!!!!!!
>
> UNBELIEVABLE....  I have been an MS advocate all my life (telling all
> those Apple fruit weenies to take a hike)...
>
> I feel soooooooo burned !!!!
>
> My daughter uses a frigging Apple... and I think she is the wiser !!!!!!

0
Rob
1/26/2010 6:17:37 AM

"Rob" <robc1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I absolutley cannot  believe this....
>
> Can anyone from Microsoft please justify the logic here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> I do not know much about Vista, but her is the scenario...
>
> A neighbor of mine calls and says their computer will not update to Vista
> SP1 from the Windows update....
>
> No, that cannot be right I say....  I'll be right over....
>
> Famous last words....
>
> I ran the SP1 update on their computer, and sure enough....
>
> AFTER, yes I said AFTER  the computer spent about 3 hours tying to
> update... I saw a message that said that the service pack could not update
> and was therefore REVERTING !!!!!     REVERTING, why would a process
> REVERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Is MS software not smart enough to determine whether the update would work
> BEFORE the attempt  took place ??????????????????????
>

> WHY.... WHY  on earth would MS make you go through all that time only to
> determine AFTER the fact that the update could not take place !!!!!!!!
>
> UNBELIEVABLE....  I have been an MS advocate all my life (telling all
> those Apple fruit weenies to take a hike)...
>
> I feel soooooooo burned !!!!
>
> My daughter uses a frigging Apple... and I think she is the wiser !!!!!!

Could be any number of causes for the update to fail after all that could be
pre-checked was.  Now, if you had given any type of error message that
appeared we could possibly tell you how to fix the problem so it would
update the next time.

As for the reverting, would you like the install program to crash the
installation and not put it back in a working condition?

0
LVTravel
1/26/2010 6:45:21 AM
Rob,

 I guess you are rightly upset, but let's try to discuss...

1. Vista SP1 worked for millions of users, me included. Although I'm now on
Win 7.

2. There is free official Microsoft support for problems related to SP.

3. You are a little late now. SP1 was released a long time ago and the last
SP for Vista was SP2 (with SP1 being prerequisite).

4. Comparing Vista and Apple is like comparing apples and oranges. Apple
does not let any OEM anywhere near their HW, while Microsoft supports
thousands of OEM's.

"Rob" <robc1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I absolutley cannot  believe this....
>
> Can anyone from Microsoft please justify the logic here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> I do not know much about Vista, but her is the scenario...
>
> A neighbor of mine calls and says their computer will not update to Vista
> SP1 from the Windows update....
>
> No, that cannot be right I say....  I'll be right over....
>
> Famous last words....
>
> I ran the SP1 update on their computer, and sure enough....
>
> AFTER, yes I said AFTER  the computer spent about 3 hours tying to
> update... I saw a message that said that the service pack could not update
> and was therefore REVERTING !!!!!     REVERTING, why would a process
> REVERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Is MS software not smart enough to determine whether the update would work
> BEFORE the attempt  took place ??????????????????????
>

> WHY.... WHY  on earth would MS make you go through all that time only to
> determine AFTER the fact that the update could not take place !!!!!!!!
>
> UNBELIEVABLE....  I have been an MS advocate all my life (telling all
> those Apple fruit weenies to take a hike)...
>
> I feel soooooooo burned !!!!
>
> My daughter uses a frigging Apple... and I think she is the wiser !!!!!!

0
Dusko
1/26/2010 8:53:59 AM
Agreed - I lost it last night...   I apologize....

I really do love Microsoft products... Just got upset after 4 hours of lost
time.

No, I would never buy an Apple....

"Dusko Savatovic" <savatovic@nospam.gmail.com> wrote in message
> Rob,
>
> I guess you are rightly upset, but let's try to discuss...
>
> 1. Vista SP1 worked for millions of users, me included. Although I'm now
> on Win 7.
>
> 2. There is free official Microsoft support for problems related to SP.
>
> 3. You are a little late now. SP1 was released a long time ago and the
> last SP for Vista was SP2 (with SP1 being prerequisite).
>
> 4. Comparing Vista and Apple is like comparing apples and oranges. Apple
> does not let any OEM anywhere near their HW, while Microsoft supports
> thousands of OEM's.
>

> "Rob" <robc1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I absolutley cannot  believe this....
>>
>> Can anyone from Microsoft please justify the logic here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> I do not know much about Vista, but her is the scenario...
>>
>> A neighbor of mine calls and says their computer will not update to Vista
>> SP1 from the Windows update....
>>
>> No, that cannot be right I say....  I'll be right over....
>>
>> Famous last words....
>>
>> I ran the SP1 update on their computer, and sure enough....
>>
>> AFTER, yes I said AFTER  the computer spent about 3 hours tying to
>> update... I saw a message that said that the service pack could not
>> update and was therefore REVERTING !!!!!     REVERTING, why would a
>> process REVERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> Is MS software not smart enough to determine whether the update would
>> work BEFORE the attempt  took place ??????????????????????
>>

>> WHY.... WHY  on earth would MS make you go through all that time only to
>> determine AFTER the fact that the update could not take place !!!!!!!!
>>
>> UNBELIEVABLE....  I have been an MS advocate all my life (telling all
>> those Apple fruit weenies to take a hike)...
>>
>> I feel soooooooo burned !!!!
>>
>> My daughter uses a frigging Apple... and I think she is the wiser !!!!!!

0
Rob
1/26/2010 1:08:56 PM
Now that that's cleared up why don't you give the error/errors you received,
verbatim, so someone here can help you?

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

> Agreed - I lost it last night...   I apologize....
>
> I really do love Microsoft products... Just got upset after 4 hours of
> lost time.
>
> No, I would never buy an Apple....
>

> "Dusko Savatovic" <savatovic@nospam.gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Rob,
>>
>> I guess you are rightly upset, but let's try to discuss...
>>
>> 1. Vista SP1 worked for millions of users, me included. Although I'm now
>> on Win 7.
>>
>> 2. There is free official Microsoft support for problems related to SP.
>>
>> 3. You are a little late now. SP1 was released a long time ago and the
>> last SP for Vista was SP2 (with SP1 being prerequisite).
>>
>> 4. Comparing Vista and Apple is like comparing apples and oranges. Apple
>> does not let any OEM anywhere near their HW, while Microsoft supports
>> thousands of OEM's.
>>

>> "Rob" <robc1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> I absolutley cannot  believe this....
>>>
>>> Can anyone from Microsoft please justify the logic here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>
>>> I do not know much about Vista, but her is the scenario...
>>>
>>> A neighbor of mine calls and says their computer will not update to
>>> Vista SP1 from the Windows update....
>>>
>>> No, that cannot be right I say....  I'll be right over....
>>>
>>> Famous last words....
>>>
>>> I ran the SP1 update on their computer, and sure enough....
>>>
>>> AFTER, yes I said AFTER  the computer spent about 3 hours tying to
>>> update... I saw a message that said that the service pack could not
>>> update and was therefore REVERTING !!!!!     REVERTING, why would a
>>> process REVERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>
>>> Is MS software not smart enough to determine whether the update would
>>> work BEFORE the attempt  took place ??????????????????????
>>>

>>> WHY.... WHY  on earth would MS make you go through all that time only to
>>> determine AFTER the fact that the update could not take place !!!!!!!!
>>>
>>> UNBELIEVABLE....  I have been an MS advocate all my life (telling all
>>> those Apple fruit weenies to take a hike)...
>>>
>>> I feel soooooooo burned !!!!
>>>
>>> My daughter uses a frigging Apple... and I think she is the wiser !!!!!!

0
Michael
1/26/2010 2:17:16 PM
Rob

Things to know before you download Windows Vista SP1
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/bb968859.aspx

Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1)
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/Help/133c8953-c9cd-4fa5-8883-03e91bb6f2021033.mspx

Notable changes in Vista SP1
http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista/en/library/005f921e-f706-401e-abb5-eec42ea0a03e1033.mspx?mfr=true

How to obtain the release notes for Windows Vista Service Pack 1
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936330

If SP1 is not offered through WU -
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is not available for installation from Windows Update
and is
not offered by Automatic Updates:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948343

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) - 434.5 MB
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b0c7136d-5ebb-413b-89c9-cb3d06d12674&DisplayLang=en
Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave0.exe

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 - All Language Standalone DVD ISO
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=a45652b1-e838-420a-b065-83960458e2ec
6001.18000.080118-1840_iso_client_sp_wave1-FRMCSP1_DVD.iso - 1418.1 MB

--
Peter

"Rob" <robc1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I absolutley cannot  believe this....
>
> Can anyone from Microsoft please justify the logic here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> I do not know much about Vista, but her is the scenario...
>
> A neighbor of mine calls and says their computer will not update to Vista SP1 from
> the Windows update....
>
> No, that cannot be right I say....  I'll be right over....
>
> Famous last words....
>
> I ran the SP1 update on their computer, and sure enough....
>
> AFTER, yes I said AFTER  the computer spent about 3 hours tying to update... I saw
> a message that said that the service pack could not update and was therefore
> REVERTING !!!!!     REVERTING, why would a process REVERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Is MS software not smart enough to determine whether the update would work BEFORE
> the attempt  took place ??????????????????????
>

> WHY.... WHY  on earth would MS make you go through all that time only to determine
> AFTER the fact that the update could not take place !!!!!!!!
>
> UNBELIEVABLE....  I have been an MS advocate all my life (telling all those Apple
> fruit weenies to take a hike)...
>
> I feel soooooooo burned !!!!
>
> My daughter uses a frigging Apple... and I think she is the wiser !!!!!!

0
Peter
1/26/2010 2:19:03 PM
Michael,

I just tried the update again after turning off Maffee firewall...   same
result 4 hours to attempt update 1.5 hours to revert back.

Vista Service Pack 1 KB936330

Error Code 80041315

Thanks,
Rob

"Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message
> Now that that's cleared up why don't you give the error/errors you
> received, verbatim, so someone here can help you?
>
> --
>

> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>

> "Rob" <robc1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Agreed - I lost it last night...   I apologize....
>>
>> I really do love Microsoft products... Just got upset after 4 hours of
>> lost time.
>>
>> No, I would never buy an Apple....
>>

>> "Dusko Savatovic" <savatovic@nospam.gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Rob,
>>>
>>> I guess you are rightly upset, but let's try to discuss...
>>>
>>> 1. Vista SP1 worked for millions of users, me included. Although I'm now
>>> on Win 7.
>>>
>>> 2. There is free official Microsoft support for problems related to SP.
>>>
>>> 3. You are a little late now. SP1 was released a long time ago and the
>>> last SP for Vista was SP2 (with SP1 being prerequisite).
>>>
>>> 4. Comparing Vista and Apple is like comparing apples and oranges. Apple
>>> does not let any OEM anywhere near their HW, while Microsoft supports
>>> thousands of OEM's.
>>>

>>> "Rob" <robc1@yahoo.com> wrote in message

0
Rob
1/26/2010 6:35:12 PM
Rob,
I'm not one of the techies here, but what I've found through Google refers
to .NET updates.  Before installing SP1 did you install all other available
updates first?

--

> Michael,
>
> I just tried the update again after turning off Maffee firewall...   same
> result 4 hours to attempt update 1.5 hours to revert back.
>
> Vista Service Pack 1 KB936330
>
> Error Code 80041315
>
> Thanks,
> Rob
>

> "Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message
>> Now that that's cleared up why don't you give the error/errors you
>> received, verbatim, so someone here can help you?
>>
>> --
>>

>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>>

>> "Rob" <robc1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Agreed - I lost it last night...   I apologize....
>>>
>>> I really do love Microsoft products... Just got upset after 4 hours of
>>> lost time.
>>>
>>> No, I would never buy an Apple....
>>>

>>> "Dusko Savatovic" <savatovic@nospam.gmail.com> wrote in message

0
Michael
1/26/2010 7:09:30 PM
Also, McAfee is a known Update killer.  If you received it free through your
isp, uninstall it.  It really is bloated garbage that causes more problems
than what it catches.  After Norton 360 expired I decided to install
Microsoft Security Essentials.  It has a really small footprint and is
actually pretty good.  There are many other free AV out there that are just
as effective.

--

> Rob,
> I'm not one of the techies here, but what I've found through Google refers
> to .NET updates.  Before installing SP1 did you install all other
> available updates first?
>
> --
>

> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>

> "Rob" <robc1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Michael,
>>
>> I just tried the update again after turning off Maffee firewall...   same
>> result 4 hours to attempt update 1.5 hours to revert back.
>>
>> Vista Service Pack 1 KB936330
>>
>> Error Code 80041315
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Rob
>>

>> "Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message
>>> Now that that's cleared up why don't you give the error/errors you
>>> received, verbatim, so someone here can help you?
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>>>

>>> "Rob" <robc1@yahoo.com> wrote in message

0
Michael
1/26/2010 7:19:06 PM
Rob wrote:
> I absolutley cannot  believe this....
>
> Can anyone from Microsoft please justify the logic here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> I do not know much about Vista, but her is the scenario...
>
> A neighbor of mine calls and says their computer will not update to Vista
> SP1 from the Windows update....
>
> No, that cannot be right I say....  I'll be right over....
>
> Famous last words....
>
> I ran the SP1 update on their computer, and sure enough....
>
> AFTER, yes I said AFTER  the computer spent about 3 hours tying to update...
> I saw a message that said that the service pack could not update and was
> therefore REVERTING !!!!!     REVERTING, why would a process REVERT
> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Is MS software not smart enough to determine whether the update would work
> BEFORE the attempt  took place ??????????????????????
>

> WHY.... WHY  on earth would MS make you go through all that time only to
> determine AFTER the fact that the update could not take place !!!!!!!!
>
> UNBELIEVABLE....  I have been an MS advocate all my life (telling all those
> Apple fruit weenies to take a hike)...
>
> I feel soooooooo burned !!!!
>
> My daughter uses a frigging Apple... and I think she is the wiser !!!!!!

Be sure you delete all temp files/folders before attempting to install
the SP again. Otherwise it will just do the same thing.
0
Frank
1/26/2010 7:48:57 PM
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 01:00:07 -0500, Rob wrote:

> I absolutley cannot  believe this....
>
> Can anyone from Microsoft please justify the logic here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> I do not know much about Vista, but her is the scenario...
>
> A neighbor of mine calls and says their computer will not update to
> Vista SP1 from the Windows update....
>
> No, that cannot be right I say....  I'll be right over....
>
> Famous last words....
>
> I ran the SP1 update on their computer, and sure enough....
>
> AFTER, yes I said AFTER  the computer spent about 3 hours tying to
> update... I saw a message that said that the service pack could not
> update and was therefore REVERTING !!!!!     REVERTING, why would a
> process REVERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Is MS software not smart enough to determine whether the update would
> work BEFORE the attempt  took place ??????????????????????
>

> WHY.... WHY  on earth would MS make you go through all that time only to
> determine AFTER the fact that the update could not take place !!!!!!!!
>
> UNBELIEVABLE....  I have been an MS advocate all my life (telling all
> those Apple fruit weenies to take a hike)...
>
> I feel soooooooo burned !!!!
>
> My daughter uses a frigging Apple... and I think she is the wiser !!!!!!

No need, really, to be so upset. There ARE alternatives ;)
0
ray
1/26/2010 7:55:34 PM
Thanks - I'll give it another try

I appreciate your help !

> Also, McAfee is a known Update killer.  If you received it free through
> your isp, uninstall it.  It really is bloated garbage that causes more
> problems than what it catches.  After Norton 360 expired I decided to
> install Microsoft Security Essentials.  It has a really small footprint
> and is actually pretty good.  There are many other free AV out there that
> are just as effective.
>
> --
>

> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>

> "Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message
>> Rob,
>> I'm not one of the techies here, but what I've found through Google
>> refers to .NET updates.  Before installing SP1 did you install all other
>> available updates first?
>>
>> --
>>

>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>>

>> "Rob" <robc1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Michael,
>>>
>>> I just tried the update again after turning off Maffee firewall...
>>> same result 4 hours to attempt update 1.5 hours to revert back.
>>>
>>> Vista Service Pack 1 KB936330
>>>
>>> Error Code 80041315
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Rob
>>>

>>> "Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message

0
Rob
1/26/2010 7:56:50 PM

"ray" <ray@zianet.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 01:00:07 -0500, Rob wrote:
>

>> My daughter uses a frigging Apple... and I think she is the wiser !!!!!!
>
> No need, really, to be so upset. There ARE alternatives ;)

NOT the alternatives YOU are thinking about

0
Philo
1/26/2010 8:18:19 PM
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 12:18:19 -0800, Philo F. Shagnasty wrote:

> "ray" <ray@zianet.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 01:00:07 -0500, Rob wrote:
>>

>>> My daughter uses a frigging Apple... and I think she is the wiser
>>> !!!!!!
>>
>> No need, really, to be so upset. There ARE alternatives ;)
>
> NOT the alternatives YOU are thinking about

Well, I can think of several and they all seem better to me. Have a good
day.
0
ray
1/26/2010 8:34:35 PM
Frank,

Yes, it did fail yet again, however I did not uninstall Mcaffee that go
round either (just tried to turn more of it "off")....

Next time I plan to remove Mcaffee as well (after I get my neighbor's
permission)...

Are you talking about deleting the files in C:\Windows\Temp ?

Is there a log file that may give names of specific files that may be
preventing "joy" ?

I did notice a screen that popped up in the process that had what looked
like 3 file names, but it only showed for about 2 seconds... one of them was
"CCC" something.

Thanks,
Rob

> Be sure you delete all temp files/folders before attempting to install the
> SP again. Otherwise it will just do the same thing.

0
Rob
1/26/2010 11:17:15 PM
On 26 Jan 2010, "Rob" <robc1@yahoo.com> wrote in
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general:

> Is there a log file that may give names of specific files that may
> be preventing "joy" ?

Check the Event Log.
0
Nil
1/27/2010 12:49:04 AM
Rob wrote:
> Frank,
>
> Yes, it did fail yet again, however I did not uninstall Mcaffee that go
> round either (just tried to turn more of it "off")....
>
> Next time I plan to remove Mcaffee as well (after I get my neighbor's
> permission)...
>
> Are you talking about deleting the files in C:\Windows\Temp ?
>
> Is there a log file that may give names of specific files that may be
> preventing "joy" ?
>
> I did notice a screen that popped up in the process that had what looked
> like 3 file names, but it only showed for about 2 seconds... one of them was
> "CCC" something.
>
> Thanks,
> Rob
>
>> Be sure you delete all temp files/folders before attempting to install the
>> SP again. Otherwise it will just do the same thing.

Yes...and you might also install ccleaner...

www.ccleaner.com

and use it to clean all temp files.
0
Frank
1/27/2010 1:14:40 AM
To uninstall McAfee, go to their website and find their "complete
uninstaller" or whatever they call it. Download and run that to do a
real uninstallation; the usual uninstallation isn't thorough enough. I
can't give you details - I only have direct experience with the Norton
equivalent.

NB - you should have the Windows Security Essential[1] downloaded and
ready to install after your successful installation of SP1 (we can
hope!) - and be ready to turn on the Windows firewall at the same
time[2].

[1] Or whichever AV or Security Suite you choose.

[2] Unless you use another firewall.

On 1/26/10, Rob posted:
> Frank,

> Yes, it did fail yet again, however I did not uninstall Mcaffee that go round
> either (just tried to turn more of it "off")....

> Next time I plan to remove Mcaffee as well (after I get my neighbor's
> permission)...

> Are you talking about deleting the files in C:\Windows\Temp ?

> Is there a log file that may give names of specific files that may be
> preventing "joy" ?

> I did notice a screen that popped up in the process that had what looked like
> 3 file names, but it only showed for about 2 seconds... one of them was "CCC"
> something.

> Thanks,
> Rob

>> Be sure you delete all temp files/folders before attempting to install the
>> SP again. Otherwise it will just do the same thing.

--
Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Gene
1/27/2010 1:32:32 AM
On Jan 25, 9:00=A0pm, "Rob" <ro...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I absolutley cannot =A0believe this....
>
> Can anyone from Microsoft please justify the logic here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> I do not know much about Vista, but her is the scenario...
>
> A neighbor of mine calls and says their computer will not update to Vista
> SP1 from the Windows update....
>
> No, that cannot be right I say.... =A0I'll be right over....
>
> Famous last words....
>
> I ran the SP1 update on their computer, and sure enough....
>
> AFTER, yes I said AFTER =A0the computer spent about 3 hours tying to upda=
te...
> I saw a message that said that the service pack could not update and was
> therefore REVERTING !!!!! =A0 =A0 REVERTING, why would a process REVERT
> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Is MS software not smart enough to determine whether the update would wor=
> BEFORE the attempt =A0took place ??????????????????????
>
> WHY.... WHY =A0on earth would MS make you go through all that time only t=
> determine AFTER the fact that the update could not take place !!!!!!!!
>
> UNBELIEVABLE.... =A0I have been an MS advocate all my life (telling all t=
hose
> Apple fruit weenies to take a hike)...
>
> I feel soooooooo burned !!!!
>
> My daughter uses a frigging Apple... and I think she is the wiser !!!!!!

MS has gone the way of large companies.  The left hand does not know
what the left hand is doing.  The right hand is in the break room
drinking wine and eating pizza.
The Indians are in the bathroom wrapping their turbans.  Bill Gates is
trying to find someone to give his money to and we are stuck with
Vista.
0
long
1/27/2010 8:37:12 AM
On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 00:37:12 -0800, long time windows user wrote:

> On Jan 25, 9:00 pm, "Rob" <ro...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I absolutley cannot  believe this....
>>
>> Can anyone from Microsoft please justify the logic here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> I do not know much about Vista, but her is the scenario...
>>
>> A neighbor of mine calls and says their computer will not update to
>> Vista SP1 from the Windows update....
>>
>> No, that cannot be right I say....  I'll be right over....
>>
>> Famous last words....
>>
>> I ran the SP1 update on their computer, and sure enough....
>>
>> AFTER, yes I said AFTER  the computer spent about 3 hours tying to
>> update... I saw a message that said that the service pack could not
>> update and was therefore REVERTING !!!!!     REVERTING, why would a
>> process REVERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> Is MS software not smart enough to determine whether the update would
>> work BEFORE the attempt  took place ??????????????????????
>>
>> WHY.... WHY  on earth would MS make you go through all that time only
>> to determine AFTER the fact that the update could not take place
>> !!!!!!!!
>>
>> UNBELIEVABLE....  I have been an MS advocate all my life (telling all
>> those Apple fruit weenies to take a hike)...
>>
>> I feel soooooooo burned !!!!
>>
>> My daughter uses a frigging Apple... and I think she is the wiser
>> !!!!!!
>
> MS has gone the way of large companies.  The left hand does not know
> what the left hand is doing.  The right hand is in the break room
> drinking wine and eating pizza.
> The Indians are in the bathroom wrapping their turbans.  Bill Gates is
> trying to find someone to give his money to and we are stuck with Vista.

No, you're not. There are alternatives.
0
ray
1/27/2010 5:00:24 PM
ray wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 00:37:12 -0800, long time windows user wrote:
>
>> On Jan 25, 9:00 pm, "Rob" <ro...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> I absolutley cannot  believe this....
>>>
>>> Can anyone from Microsoft please justify the logic here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>
>>> I do not know much about Vista, but her is the scenario...
>>>
>>> A neighbor of mine calls and says their computer will not update to
>>> Vista SP1 from the Windows update....
>>>
>>> No, that cannot be right I say....  I'll be right over....
>>>
>>> Famous last words....
>>>
>>> I ran the SP1 update on their computer, and sure enough....
>>>
>>> AFTER, yes I said AFTER  the computer spent about 3 hours tying to
>>> update... I saw a message that said that the service pack could not
>>> update and was therefore REVERTING !!!!!     REVERTING, why would a
>>> process REVERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>
>>> Is MS software not smart enough to determine whether the update would
>>> work BEFORE the attempt  took place ??????????????????????
>>>
>>> WHY.... WHY  on earth would MS make you go through all that time only
>>> to determine AFTER the fact that the update could not take place
>>> !!!!!!!!
>>>
>>> UNBELIEVABLE....  I have been an MS advocate all my life (telling all
>>> those Apple fruit weenies to take a hike)...
>>>
>>> I feel soooooooo burned !!!!
>>>
>>> My daughter uses a frigging Apple... and I think she is the wiser
>>> !!!!!!
>> MS has gone the way of large companies.  The left hand does not know
>> what the left hand is doing.  The right hand is in the break room
>> drinking wine and eating pizza.
>> The Indians are in the bathroom wrapping their turbans.  Bill Gates is
>> trying to find someone to give his money to and we are stuck with Vista.
>
> No, you're not. There are alternatives.

Yeah...Windows 7!
0
Frank
1/27/2010 5:55:06 PM
On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 09:55:06 -0800, Frank wrote:

> ray wrote:

>>> MS has gone the way of large companies.  The left hand does not know
>>> what the left hand is doing.  The right hand is in the break room
>>> drinking wine and eating pizza.
>>> The Indians are in the bathroom wrapping their turbans.  Bill Gates is
>>> trying to find someone to give his money to and we are stuck with
>>> Vista.
>>
>> No, you're not. There are alternatives.
>
> Yeah...Windows 7!

Well, that's one - I can think of several others, as well.
0
ray
1/27/2010 6:56:25 PM
Hello I'm sorry that your experience was not good. I would like to see if it is possible to have the opportunity to help with this issue using some additional support mechanisms.

If you agreed please contact me to move this forward. I'm not a technician so I cannot provide relevant information at this moment but I can put you in touch with people who has the right skills.

Additionally we have a Windows community forum http://answers.microsoft.com that may help.

Thanks

Nestor
Microsoft Corp

Rob wrote:

I have never been so upset with MS in my life...
26-Jan-10

I absolutley cannot  believe this....

Can anyone from Microsoft please justify the logic here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not know much about Vista, but her is the scenario...

A neighbor of mine calls and says their computer will not update to Vista
SP1 from the Windows update....

No, that cannot be right I say....  I will be right over....

Famous last words....

I ran the SP1 update on their computer, and sure enough....

AFTER, yes I said AFTER  the computer spent about 3 hours tying to update...
I saw a message that said that the service pack could not update and was
therefore REVERTING !!!!!     REVERTING, why would a process REVERT
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is MS software not smart enough to determine whether the update would work
BEFORE the attempt  took place ??????????????????????

WHY.... WHY  on earth would MS make you go through all that time only to
determine AFTER the fact that the update could not take place !!!!!!!!

UNBELIEVABLE....  I have been an MS advocate all my life (telling all those
Apple fruit weenies to take a hike)...

I feel soooooooo burned !!!!

My daughter uses a frigging Apple... and I think she is the wiser !!!!!!

SQL Server Estimating Compression Savings
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/fa8041aa-92de-47a2-8763-ff0c0ea346fd/sql-server-estimating-com.aspx
0
Nestor
1/28/2010 2:58:19 PM
ray wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 09:55:06 -0800, Frank wrote:
>
>> ray wrote:

>>> No, you're not. There are alternatives.
>> Yeah...Windows 7!
>
> Well, that's one - I can think of several others, as well.

And not the best one by far.

--
Alias
0
Alias wrote:
> ray wrote:

>>> Yeah...Windows 7!
>>
>> Well, that's one - I can think of several others, as well.
>
> And not the best one by far.

How would you know?
Oops!...LOL!
0
Frank
1/28/2010 4:30:19 PM
Frank wrote:
> Alias wrote:
>> ray wrote:

>>> Well, that's one - I can think of several others, as well.
>>
>> And not the best one by far.
>>
> How would you know?
> Oops!...LOL!

Unlike you, I have the latest Ubuntu and the latest Windows so I can
compare and Karmic Koala beats Windows 7 hands down. All you have are
lies, insults, animal sex fantasies and a whole lot of bluster.

--
Alias
0
Frank wrote:
> Alias wrote:
>> Frank wrote:

>>> How would you know?
>>> Oops!...LOL!
>>
>> Unlike you, I have the latest Ubuntu and the latest Windows so I can
>> compare and Karmic Koala beats Windows 7 hands down.
>
> Liar!

No, son, it's the truth. Live with it and try to get the fuck over it.

> All you have are
>> lies, insults, animal sex fantasies and a whole lot of bluster.
>
> More of your fucking lies?

Nope, that's what you do.

Proof:

--
Alias
0
Alias wrote:
> Frank wrote:
>> Alias wrote:

>>> Unlike you, I have the latest Ubuntu and the latest Windows so I can
>>> compare and Karmic Koala beats Windows 7 hands down.
>>
>> Liar!
>
> No, son, it's the truth. Live with it and try to get the fuck over it.

No *chump*, it's a LIE!
You are the one who has to live with your lies. All we do is point them
out and kick your lying POS trolling linturd ass.

>> All you have are
>>> lies, insults, animal sex fantasies and a whole lot of bluster.
>>
>> More of your fucking lies?
>
> Nope, that's what you do.
>
> Proof:
>
>> You're a GD lying POS asshole linturd creep!
>> Nice combo huh?

And you are...and everyone in here knows it. WTF are you doing in this
ng anyway?
Oh, I know...in your own words......"here to make this ng unusable".
You are the POS you present yourself to be in here.
Creep!
0
Frank
1/28/2010 8:11:24 PM
Alias wrote:
> Frank wrote:
>> Alias wrote:

>>> No, son, it's the truth. Live with it and try to get the fuck over it.
>>>
>> No *chump*, it's a LIE!
>> You are the one who has to live with your lies. All we do is point
>> them out and kick your lying POS trolling linturd ass.

>>> Nope, that's what you do.
>>>
>>> Proof:

>> And you are...and everyone in here knows it. WTF are you doing in this
>> ng anyway?
>> Oh, I know...in your own words......"here to make this ng unusable".
>> You are the POS you present yourself to be in here.
>> Creep!
>
> Goading you is the one of the quickest ways to make this newsgroup
> unusable. Keep up the good work, my little Pavlov dog. You're so easy.

Thanks for proving my point *sport*!
Oops!...LOL!
0
Frank
1/28/2010 9:06:41 PM
In case anyone's interested, had the same problem, uninstalled my
antivirus 'til I was through with the service packs, then reinstalled
the AV. It works.

0
Airman
1/29/2010 2:02:01 AM
Alias wrote:
> Frank wrote:
>> Alias wrote:

>>> And you're the tool to make it happen and you are doing a great job
>>> with both the Vista and Seven newsgroups. Keep up the good work and
>>> we'll force everyone to move to the web based forums. I feel like a
>>> Democrat reaching across the aisle to get some real work done in the
>>> politics of Usenet.
>>>
>> hehehe...got you panties all in a bunch cody, you *DUMB FUCK*!...LOL!
>
> Not at all. Using you as a tool doesn't require emotions or even
> .000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of my brain. Oh, and who's
> "cody"? Wasn't he involved with the Pony Express and hunting buffaloes
> or something like that some 150 years ago? You shouldn't believe
> everything Bruce Hagan says.

Well cody, aka alias the LIAR, you can't keep your big lying stupid
mouth shut can you?
You only dig deeper into that abyss of lies you call your life.
Print this out and have a responsible adult explain it to you.

#1 lie from cody, aka cody, aka alias is:
pushing linux as an alternative to Windows 7 in this Windows 7 ng is "on
topic"...Hahahahaha...YOU SICK FUCK!!!
#2 lie from cody, aka alias is:
...."I do not spam this ng with ubuntu spam"
#3 lie from cody, aka alias is::
...."I am not trolling this Windows 7 ng with linux/ubuntu
bullshit"...Hahaha!
#4 lie from cody, aka alias is:
...."I make $14,000 per week"...Hahahaha...you lying sick FUCK!
#5 lie from cody, aka alias is:
...."I was in the 101st U.S. Army Airborne Division"...Hahaha!
#6 lie from cody, aka alias is:...
I am not a liar"!...Hahaha!
Now post your lying response here *sport* --->
0
Frank
1/29/2010 6:45:02 PM
I fixed it but only by fiddling with the seperator bars.  Finally everything
popped into place.  There must be a logical, systematic way to do this but
beats me.  One clue is "theme" under personalize seems to play a role in my
straightening it out/  Thanks to all for your suggestions.
Don

"Alias" <Alias@nospam.com.invalid> wrote in message
> Frank wrote:
>> Alias wrote:

>>> And not the best one by far.
>>>
>> How would you know?
>> Oops!...LOL!
>
> Unlike you, I have the latest Ubuntu and the latest Windows so I can
> compare and Karmic Koala beats Windows 7 hands down. All you have are
> lies, insults, animal sex fantasies and a whole lot of bluster.
>
> --
> Alias

0
Plymouthguy

ms office professional 2003
Whenever I run a worksheet, no matter how small, I keep running out of virtual memory, and the file freezes up. I get a message that the programme is not responding, and have to log out. Anyone got any suggestions to cure this problem? Among other possibilities, either VM settings on your computer have been improperly modified or more likely you are running out of consective free space on your hard disk. When is the last time it was defragmented? How much free space is available? HTH |:>) "frustrated" wrote: > Whenever I run a worksheet, no matter how small, I keep run...

MS CRM should allow bulk application of actions to tasks.
Especially for opps that have been closed for one reason or another. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=aa448dd7-614e-4815-9345-840b1584609d&dg=microsoft.pu...

outlook wont allow me to open MS Word email attachments
I am having trouble trying to get into my emails through both Outlook and on msn messenger. Basically, it tells me the attachments are not available to open! even though they open on other machines when forwarded etc!! HELP What version of Outlook are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer paul B <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I am having trouble tryi...

MS Dynamics version
how can i find out the latest version of the service pack for version 9 of MS Dynamics? The latest service pack for V9 is SP4. You can find it in either Customer Source or Partner Source. If you mean how can you find out what the latest SP is applied to an existing install, go Help>About MS Dynamics GP, note the last segment of the version and compare that to the service packs in Customer or Partner Source. Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Hi, When I go to CustomerSource -> Downloads &a...

MS Money 2000 Delux
After upgrading the operating system from Win 97 se to Win 2000 Professional, when ever I attempt to open my MS Money program, throughout the process of going through the pages to get where I can conduct activities, I am given the following message: "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \device\harddisk2\DR4." What in the heck is going on? My default backup is to my C drive and I also supplement on my Zip located on drive F. Help Help please, I would love to stop this feature that is as annoying as pop-ups. Thanks in advance In microsoft.publi...

MS Query Data Source Change
I have a series of saved queries that I use on an ODBC data source. I would like to put them on other computers that may not have the same data sources but have different ones (tables are the same in each data source). Right now I am editing the query in Notepad to change the data source and path to the correct one on the other computers but am wondering why it is not evident how to change this in the query itself. Can it be done? How? TIA I had a similiar problem which I solved with a form/macro. (I don't think you can point to a different source other than manually changing t...

MS CRM External Connector Licence
Hi, I have a few questions about the external connector licence. I understand that this allows you to connecto to CRM without a user necessarily being in AD. 1. When accessing the CRM Web Service, you need to impersonate a user through network credentials [e.g. myService.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("PrivUserName","PrivUserPassword","PrivUserDomain")]. How is this possible with an external user? 2. I have a website with an enquiry form. Details entered in this form will be pushed through as Leads. From what I understand, "external users&qu...

Move MS Access database to Macintosh platform
I want to move an existing MS Access database from a Windows 98 machine to a Mac platform. Is this possible and how can it be done? ...

Microsoft excel and ms access
I have 40 forms that I need to fill in and generate reports. I don't want to use access for this purpose, neither I want to use PHP programming. I am wondering whether or not it is possible to use excel as an entry form and access database as a data recording unit. Plz. Suggest Regards Sam. Heres a couple of links that may help: Better Solutions - http://www.bettersolutions.com/excel/EHX116/LT423111411.htm Bristol Uni - http://www.bristol.ac.uk/is/learning/documentation/excelxp-t5/excelxp-t5.doc Also try doing a Goole search "sAMBEDAn kOIRALa" wrote: > I have 40 for...

Using Access query in MS Word merge
I have a query which is parameterized for the id of record. The id is found on an open form and I also have a button which opens a MS Word mailmerge document which used the parameteriezed query as its datasource. When I open the Word document the data connection is there and the document merges, but when I use the button on the form, the data connection is lost when the word document is open. How can I have a button which opens a Mail Merged Word document that keeps its data source? The code (found on the web) that runs the button on the form is below. Many thanks for wha...

Take a look at important package which comes from the MS Corporation
--tmomfkaxnrkzhx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="fxehgqtis"; type="multipart/alternative" --fxehgqtis Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="dgpwtnywigxmcni" --dgpwtnywigxmcni Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "December 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulnerabilit...

MS Project Group By Display
Using MS Project 2007 - When I print preview or print my schedule that is using the group by option, the horizontal color bars appear, but the vertical color bars do not. The schedule looks fine on the screen prior to print preview or printing. The schedule prints fine in MS Project 2003, just not in 2007. Doesn't matter if I PDF the file, preview it or dump it to a printer, the vertical group by color lines are absent. Hi Chris, Yes, you are correct. This printing error has been around for quite some time and has been reported as a bug. I hope this helps. Let us ...

MS Access With Password
Dear all I have a VBA code in excel that do querys in my MS Access Database, but I put a password in my database. Then I have some dificult to inform the password in my vba code: Sub del_cust_model() Dim wrkSpace As DAO.Workspace Dim db As DAO.Database Dim qryDef As DAO.QueryDef Dim qryNome As String Dim strSQL As String Dim strDB As String 'On Error Resume Next strDB =3D ThisWorkbook.Path & "\bd_dynamic_query.mdb" Set wrkSpace =3D Workspaces(0) Set db =3D wrkSpace.OpenDatabase(strDB) qryNome =3D "qryDelete" db.QueryDefs.Delete qryNome strSQL =3D "DELET...

Customization of MS Outlook 2003
I need to customize 'New Meeting Request' feature of MS Outlook 2003 . I need to add an additional Tab called 'Meeting Facility Details' under 'New Meeting Request' section. On this new tab page, meeting organizer can select meeting room from the available list of rooms, he also can enter various facilities(Projector,Intercomm etc.) required during the meeting. Please can anyone tell me as to how to go about this using .net/office sdk/any other. ...

Cannot close MS Outlook 2002 Archive Folder
Yesterday while I was archiving data in Outlook from my .pst file to an archive .pst file, my computer locked up & I had to re-boot my machine. (FYI - I don't think my computer lock-up was due to the Outlook archiving.) After I rebooted my machine and re-opened Outlook, the archive folder was still open. I can still view the data in the archive file. However, I cannot close the archive folder. When I try to close the archive folder, I receive an error messages stating "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Any ideas on how I can actually get the ...

MS Office Live Add-in toolbar
Is there a setting anywhere to prevent the "Microsoft Office Live Add-in" toolbar from loading ever time excel is started? I have tried deselecting in Tools > Customize to no avail. Sandy Hi Sandy, Follow this link http://www.microsoft.com/DownLoads/details.aspx?familyid=91FE0002-EB00-434B-8726-27911326D2B2&displaylang=en Scroll to the bottom and read "To uninstall this download". Regards Paul "Sandy" <sandy_stephen@DELETEhotmail.com> wrote in message news:A8AAAF2B-9BD0-4415-8912-84B45D945CB3@microsoft.com... > Is there a setting anywhere...

MS Money & Firewalls
Hello, I have installed the trial version of Money 2004 and have a problem downloading stock quotes, apparently this is due to my Zone alarm firewall and Norton antivirus. Does anyone know a workaround to solve this problem? I have tried installing the program while having both security programs disabled but it doesn't help. Thanks in advance Christy You have to completely uninstall the firewall; install Money; then reinstall the firewall. Make sure you disconnect from the Internet whilst vulnerable! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http:...

MS Office for Mac
I'm in the process of purchasing a MAC, but need to know if MS Office for MAC include their One Note application. I use this app extensively for work and it may be the deciding factor. I searched and googled everything possible, but couldn't find the answer. Anyone know? In article <1191605020.863852.230030@o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com>, espinosa.pablo@gmail.com wrote: > I'm in the process of purchasing a MAC, but need to know if MS Office > for MAC include their One Note application. I use this app extensively > for work and it may be the deciding factor. No ...

Filtering a sub-query (back-end is MS SQL)
I have a database that has an Access front-end and a MS SQL back-end. It has a report that is based on a query of the inventory table. The query (qryInventoryTransfer) also has a sub-query (qryInventoryWeights) that does some calculations for weights. When I call the main query, I limit it to just the necessary inventory items for that report (there are typically fewer than 10 inventory items out of 10,000). For sake of simplicity, let's say I just want one item: SELECT * FROM qryInventoryTransfer WHERE ItemCode = 123456 My problem is that even though the main query is l...

MS Outlook #9
Help! OS is WXP Pro, MS Outlook within the MS Office 2000 suite, running Exchange Server 5. Problem, have a User who receives email with a long lag time or not at all. Spyware has been looked into and programs have been run to detect. Mailbox is not full or even close. Any suggestions as to why this one user is having this problem? Thanks in advance for your help!! Does this lag time occur for internal messages or external messages? In case of external mail see if messages for this users stay in the queue for a long time. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Ti...

MS Money Backup
Hard drive died...I have backup disks for MS Money...new systems does not recogonize file on disks, can anyone advise how to import backup into MS Money? In microsoft.public.money, BPratt wrote: >Hard drive died...I have backup disks for MS Money...new systems does not >recogonize file on disks, can anyone advise how to import backup into MS >Money? You have to first install Money on the new system from the original install disk or file. The install has to be from the same or a newer version of Money than what the backups were made of. Then you can File->Restore from the d...

ms query question
i know this isn't the exact forum for this type of question but am not getting replies from the other forums or any info from google searches, so thought i give this a try win2kpro, office 2000 excel hangs when invoking 'run saved query', 'new database query' etc have uninstalled and reinstalled ms query from the office tools in the installation cd so i'm just trying to verify if i have good installation one news group said to check the registry for the folder: LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSQuery, and the folder should have the location of msqry32....

MS Great Plains Independent Consultant Needed
I provide IT support to small businesses in Southern Calif (I have no GP experience). I would appreciate a response from independent consultants who may be willing/able to help me with my client's GP needs. Local help preferred, but remote assistance will also be ok. Thanks, Zendo Zendo, We provide remote assistance for many clients - please contact me directly if you'd like to talk about this: victoria@flex-solutions.com. -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "Zendo" <Zendo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0EDB3A0-6ADB-4F8A-8211...

Pass a parameter to a stored procedure from ms access
Access 2000 and SQL 2000 How do I pass a parameter to a stored procedure from ms access? Thanks! "Ofer Cohen" <OferCohen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F8DE65B-BF9A-409A-98F4-8AF05D6412C5@microsoft.com... > Using the PassThrough Query it just as using the SQL analyser in the SQL > Server. > > So you can use > > Exec SPName 23,'2/2/2007','MyStr' > > If you want to change the parameters from Access every time you run it, > youll need to change it using code and then run the query > > MySQL = "Exec SPNa...

MS Publisher 2003 problems after installing Acrobat Pro 7.0
After installing Acrobat Pro 7.0, all shapes and pictures are transparent on screen, but print properly, when I try to create (or open anything created by Publisher elsewhere) in MS Publisher 2003. I didn't realize the correlation until I installed Acrobat Pro 7.0 on a second machine and the same symptom began occurring. The acrobat program is closed and I am working in Publisher 2003, not trying to do anything related to a PDF file, only .pub files. This just amazes me. I have Pub 2003 and Acrobat Pro v7 and I have no problems. And my system is 5� yrs old. Have you tried adjusting...