How to stop search?

Xp had a button to STOP searches. In Vista how do you do that, I can't find
any such button. Clicking on the X is no option as it kills  the app. What
to do?
Thanks

0
Ghitorni

Press Escape key.
If doesn't stop, mouse right-click and there should be an option to
stop/scape or something to that effect.

P.S. There may not be a "Stop" or "X" toolbar button in WinVista, but
neither did I use such a  button in WinXP.
Many powerusers, inluding IMHO myself, use keyboard for speed, anyway.

If your work depends on quality Search, you may want to consider
Mythicsoft.com and do away with Windows's own search facility, altogether.

=======================
Stan Starinski (Stanley Starinski)
EE + ME Engineer and Firmware developer.
International Man of Mystery

0
Stan
3/21/2010 2:03:18 AM
P.S. You need to click in empty space in your search results for this to
work.
I.e. bring focus to that area of active of Search window.

otherwise Vista Search tends to self-absorb and ignore you pressing Escape
button or right-clicking.

0
Stan
3/21/2010 2:19:18 AM
P.S. You need to click in empty space in your search results for this to
work.
I.e. bring focus to that area of active of Search window.

otherwise Vista Search tends to self-absorb and ignore you pressing Escape
button or right-clicking.

0
Stan
3/21/2010 2:19:18 AM
You may want to try Windows Search 4.0 as a replacement search engine.

Here's a download link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=BC28ED7F-C51B-49CD-B505-95B91B453284&displaylang=en

Google "Windows Search 4.0 Vista" for comments and reviews.

"Ghitorni" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Xp had a button to STOP searches. In Vista how do you do that, I can't find
> any such button. Clicking on the X is no option as it kills  the app. What to
> do?
> Thanks

0
David
3/21/2010 10:01:01 AM
On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 06:01:01 -0400, "David Webb"
<dwebb211@earthling.net> wrote:

>You may want to try Windows Search 4.0 as a replacement search engine.
>
>Here's a download link:
>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=BC28ED7F-C51B-49CD-B505-95B91B453284&displaylang=en
>
>Google "Windows Search 4.0 Vista" for comments and reviews.
>
>"Ghitorni" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Xp had a button to STOP searches. In Vista how do you do that, I can't find
>> any such button. Clicking on the X is no option as it kills  the app. What to
>> do?
>> Thanks

Or AgentRansack ( free ) .
0
Jim
3/21/2010 4:53:09 PM

"Jim" <bojimbo261@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 06:01:01 -0400, "David Webb"
> <dwebb211@earthling.net> wrote:
>
>>You may want to try Windows Search 4.0 as a replacement search engine.
>>
>>Here's a download link:
>>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=BC28ED7F-C51B-49CD-B505-95B91B453284&displaylang=en
>>
>>Google "Windows Search 4.0 Vista" for comments and reviews.
>>
>>"Ghitorni" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Xp had a button to STOP searches. In Vista how do you do that, I can't find
>>> any such button. Clicking on the X is no option as it kills  the app. What
>>> do?
>>> Thanks
>>

> Or AgentRansack ( free ) .

I uninstalled AgentRansack after a few tests with WS4 (also free).

0
David
3/21/2010 6:25:14 PM
On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 16:53:09 +0000, Jim <bojimbo261@googlemail.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 06:01:01 -0400, "David Webb"
><dwebb211@earthling.net> wrote:
>
>>You may want to try Windows Search 4.0 as a replacement search engine.
>>
>>Here's a download link:
>>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=BC28ED7F-C51B-49CD-B505-95B91B453284&displaylang=en
>>
>>Google "Windows Search 4.0 Vista" for comments and reviews.
>>
>>"Ghitorni" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Xp had a button to STOP searches. In Vista how do you do that, I can't find
>>> any such button. Clicking on the X is no option as it kills  the app. What to
>>> do?
>>> Thanks
>>

>Or AgentRansack ( free ) .

ditto. Windows search is a pig.
0
Bob
3/21/2010 6:27:05 PM
On 21 Mar 2010, Jim <bojimbo261@googlemail.com> wrote in
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general:

> Or AgentRansack ( free ) .

The free version lacks some features that are important to me (mainly a
"open containing folder" option), but it's fast and accurate. I haven't
been able to justify the cost of the the commercial version yet, but I
may someday.
0
Nil
3/21/2010 8:01:22 PM
On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 16:01:22 -0400, Nil
<rednoise@REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote:

>On 21 Mar 2010, Jim <bojimbo261@googlemail.com> wrote in
>microsoft.public.windows.vista.general:
>
>> Or AgentRansack ( free ) .
>
>The free version lacks some features that are important to me (mainly a
>"open containing folder" option), but it's fast and accurate. I haven't
>been able to justify the cost of the the commercial version yet, but I
>may someday.

New version "2010" is out with some added features.
0
Bob
3/22/2010 12:49:02 AM
On 21 Mar 2010, +Bob+ <nomailplease@example.com> wrote in
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general:

> New version "2010" is out with some added features.

And so it is... and I love it! Thanks very much for the heads-up!

<http://www.mythicsoft.com/>
0
Nil

search through drop down boxes
what i would like is to have a table full of different companies with different trades and up to 7 different free dates, (some of these dates may be the same for each company) and then i can sellect different criterias from a drop down box eg, Trade - Date, it will the search my table and return with a list of all the matchin trades free on those dates. can any one help please! Hi have you tried 'Data - Filter'? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ash" <ash@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:16B19774-6545-4483-8E13-C25EF3D2E6A6@microso...

stops responding

windows search
This was originally posted to windowsxp.general but got no responses so I am going to post here now thinking that I posted to the wrong group. If there is another group I should post to please let me know. WIN XP SP3 When in Windows Explorer and click on a folder Windows Search comes up. What I really want it to do is just open the folder. It used to do that but now I have to right click and then select open. I'm not even sure what changed that caused this "new version" of Search to come up. I looked in Tools|Folder Options|View but don't see anything that l...

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

How to search the COM ProgID?
Hello all: I add #import "F:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSWORD9.OLB" in my codes and add the MSWORD9.tlh,MSWORD9.tli to my project, now I want to know how to find the component ProgID,then use CLSIDFromProgID() to get CLSID from ProgID,because I want to use CoCreateInstance to create object,thanks very much. Lee Tow wrote: > Hello all: > I add #import "F:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSWORD9.OLB" > in my codes and add the MSWORD9.tlh,MSWORD9.tli to my project, That's odd: If you have the import-statement in your code, the ge...

recipient policy stopped working

Free Software search and download = www.GEGEREKA.com
Project of the year: Incredible unique search machine like nothing on earth. MP3,MPEG,AVI,DIVX,DLL,PHP,EXE,ISO, ... and much more Millions files for everyone. Music, movies, soft and other media. http://www.GEGEREKA.com : THE LORD OF DOWNLOADS. ...

Stop all macros
I have a button on a form, which should do different things depending on 1. The data contained within the current record; 2. Whether the current record is a 'new record'; 3. Whether the current record is the first record in the form. On click, an embedded macro is initiated. Each step in the embedded macro has a condition and a corresponding 'RunMacro' action. All the conditions are mutually exclusive, and each sub-macro has a final step of 'StopAllMacros'. So the embedded macro should trigger one, and only one sub-macro. However, it appears that what is act...

Stopping the scroll bar
Hi all, this is my first time. I don't know if this is the right place for this problem but here I go. I have created a template of an invoice the size of an A4 and would like to stop the scroll bar moving both horizantally and vertically in normal view just as if it was in print view. Is that possible through VBA and if yes what is the code that I would need to achieve such task. Thanks in advance --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Not too sure what you are after but you can remove the scrollbars with <Tools - Options> and then in the View tab, at the bottom,...

Stopping a Campaign Temporarily
Hi, My client has executed the campaign in Jan 1st 2006 and the end date is Dec 31st 2006. But he wants to stop the campaign temporarily from 15th July 2006 and again start it from 1st Aug 2006. So what is that I need to do for this thing, i have never come across this kind of situation before. Thanks in advance. Regards, Shabbir. ...

Search & Replace to insert alt+<enter>
Can I do a search and replace to place an alt+<enter> in text in a range of cells. Data example is "Phoenix (SOUTH)". I always want what is in parenthesis on a line by itself in the cell, so I'd like to replace "SPACE (" with "alt+<enter> (" Any version of Excel, OK. TIA -- wennerberg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wennerberg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7321 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471253 Edit>Replace w...

Would you stop for a moment?!
Excuse me!! Would you stop for a moment?! O...man...Haven't you thought-one day- about yourself ? Who has made it? Have you seen a design which hasn't a designer ?! Have you seen a wonderful,delicate work without a worker ?! It's you and the whole universe!.. Who has made them all ?!! You know who ?.. It's "ALLAH",prise be to him. Just think for a moment. How are you going to be after death ?! Can you believe that this exact system of the universe and all of these great creation will end in in nothing...just after death! Have you thought, for a second, How to save you...

Stop
I have two items in my register, one a transfer to my bank and another a deposited item. I made one bank deposit for the combined amount. When it cleared, I matched it against the two items and all seemed fine. Problem is that every day Money shows the item again as an unmatched item and I have to delete it constantly. I realise this system isn't to well written, but is there any way to have this not show up. After all it was matched and accepted once. In microsoft.public.money, John Barnes wrote: >I have two items in my register, one a transfer to my bank and another a &g...

how do you stop spam?
I'm taking care of a Windows NT Server (4) with Exchange 5.5 SP2 installed. We have around 40 employees in the company and they have been complaining about spam. Desktops are running Outlook 2000. Is there a way to stop spam without installing a third party software? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. there is an open source one available. i think it is on sourceforge.net. search for smtp. mike "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ujtLb2riEHA.1140@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'm taking care of a Windows NT Server (4) with Exchange 5.5 SP2...

Sending and Receiving Email stops after installing Exchange 2003 SP1
I've installed Exchange 2003 SP1 and sending and receiving email has stopped. All services are running. Messages seem to be in the local delivery queue. Any suggestions? Thanks. I've been fighting the same thing. Users get -- 800ccc0f or 8004210 Machine is DC, running ADC --- HELP ! ! ! Hi Dan Had same problem, try to stop all Exchange and web (IIS especialy) manualy. ' Then reinstalle PS1, it solved my problem. Carsten "Dan" <dslaby.no2spam@evergreeninfo.biz> wrote in message news:<Ov0nh5DREHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>... > I've install...

How can I stop all numeric entries from being devided by 100?
In a new and existing sheets, all numeric entries are being devided by 100. Tools-Options-Edit-Enable automatic percent entry is turned off. go to tools-options-edit and uncheck "fixed decimal places" Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E7AFFC7-F58F-4691-8F98-30CF105D5C28@microsoft.com... > In a new and existing sheets, all numeric entries are being devided by > 100. > Tools-Options-Edit-Enable automatic percent entry is turned off. Tools>Options>Edit, uncheck the Fixed decimal box -...

Hotmail accts stopped working?
My Hotmail accts stopped working in Outlook Express 6 and regular Outlook (XP first, then I upgraded to 2003 beta 2) about a month ago. OE says "Authorization Required" but the password is definitely correct since I access the accts daily via the web on the same machine. Maybe something screwed up in the registry or possibly an encryption DLL... anyone have any ideas? thanks! -- ---------------------------------- To follow the path: look to the master, follow the master, walk with the master, see through the master, become the master. - Ancient Zen poem that is th...

global search addon for GP and/or SBF?
I am looking for a global transaction lookup addon for GP. I am familiar with smartlists & Rockton Software's smartfill. These are great but do not fill what i'm looking for. What i am looking for is something where I can type in criteria such as doc amount, doc date, vend/cust id and system (or several of these at the same time) and the system will find the tranaction no matter wether it is a ar invoice, ar payment, gl trx, ap trans or whatever. In other words a central lookup. It seems that in gp one needs find just the write search and ask just the write question to fi...

Auto-stop feature?
I would like to be able to play a DVD while I'm faling asleep and have Windows Media Player automatically stop at the end of the DVD (so the DVD drive doesn't run all night). I have the feature on my TV's DVD player, so I assume it is something that can also be done on my computer. I just can't figure out how. On Mon, 10 May 2010 19:00:01 -0700, hlagas <hlagas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I would like to be able to play a DVD while I'm faling asleep and have >Windows Media Player automatically stop at the end of the DVD (so the DVD ...

spell check stopped working in emails
using outlook 2007 and all of a sudden spell checker does not identify misspelled words, however is show a nmessage box "spell check complete" ...

Outlook 2002 stops responding when viewing hotmail
Lately whenever I try to view my hotmail with Outlook 2002, Outlook stops responding. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it is still hanging every time I try to open or view a hotmail message. My other mail accounts are OK. It did not do this originally. I have been unable to find any information on this in the knowledge base. Did you do anything to your PC, i.e. install OS patches or anything? I've recently experienced problems with Outlook recieving SMTP mail as well, and the only thing that changed was the installation of some critical security patches to the O...

Outlook has stopped working #3
I am not at all knowledgeable about this so I am hoping you will have patience with me as I learn. Thanks in advance. I tried to get into my mail yesterday and it would not open. Hesitated for a couple of minutes and then shut down and a box came up. I am going to type what was in the box in hopes someone can help me understand it: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the file. C:\Users\Teresa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, an...