How to install program

How to install the program for the standard user but using the
administrative privileges of Administrator?

0
Claire

"Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
> How to install the program for the standard user but using the
> administrative privileges of Administrator?

Right-click on the executable and choose "run as administrator"

0
Gordon
1/6/2010 7:13:44 PM
That does not work hence my question.
Doing as that the message is:
"You must be logged as an administrator when installing this program"
Claire

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
>> How to install the program for the standard user but using the
>> administrative privileges of Administrator?
>>

> Right-click on the executable and choose "run as administrator"

0
Claire
1/6/2010 7:23:15 PM
Let me explain more.
I am the administrator.
I want to install the program for the standard user.
How to do that?
Claire

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
>> How to install the program for the standard user but using the
>> administrative privileges of Administrator?
>>

> Right-click on the executable and choose "run as administrator"

0
Claire
1/6/2010 7:25:28 PM
On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 14:02:36 -0500, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote:

>How to install the program for the standard user but using the
>administrative privileges of Administrator?

D/l and run          http://www.superantispyware.com/
and                     http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
0
Jim
1/6/2010 8:00:56 PM
Huh?

"Jim" <bojimbo261@aol.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 14:02:36 -0500, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote:
>
>>How to install the program for the standard user but using the
>>administrative privileges of Administrator?
>>

> D/l and run          http://www.superantispyware.com/
> and                     http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

0
Claire
1/6/2010 8:18:18 PM
Jim is thinking you may have a bug.

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

> Huh?
>
> "Jim" <bojimbo261@aol.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 14:02:36 -0500, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote:
>>
>>>How to install the program for the standard user but using the
>>>administrative privileges of Administrator?
>>>

>> D/l and run          http://www.superantispyware.com/
>> and                     http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

0
Michael
1/6/2010 8:39:36 PM
You will need to grant the user administrator rights, install the program
under their profile and when done change their user rights back to a normal
user if Right Click, Run As is not acceptable.

> Let me explain more.
> I am the administrator.
> I want to install the program for the standard user.
> How to do that?
> Claire
>
> "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
>>> How to install the program for the standard user but using the
>>> administrative privileges of Administrator?
>>>

>> Right-click on the executable and choose "run as administrator"

0
Test
1/6/2010 9:05:26 PM
I remember that some time ago (probably it was WinXP) that it was possible
to install software without changing standard user privileges.
I do not remember whether it was done from within standard user profile or
administrator profile.
I think there must be some setup in Windows policy.
Claire

"Test Account" <t3st.account@live.com> wrote in message
> You will need to grant the user administrator rights, install the program
> under their profile and when done change their user rights back to a
> normal user if Right Click, Run As is not acceptable.
>
> "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
>> Let me explain more.
>> I am the administrator.
>> I want to install the program for the standard user.
>> How to do that?
>> Claire
>>
>> "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> Right-click on the executable and choose "run as administrator"

0
Claire
1/6/2010 10:10:57 PM
I am afraid he is a pest :)

"Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message
> Jim is thinking you may have a bug.
>
> --
>

> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>

> "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
>> Huh?
>>
>> "Jim" <bojimbo261@aol.com> wrote in message

>>> D/l and run          http://www.superantispyware.com/
>>> and                     http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

0
Claire
1/6/2010 10:11:42 PM
He may be, but it wouldn't hurt to download and run each of those programs.

--

> I am afraid he is a pest :)
>
> "Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message
>> Jim is thinking you may have a bug.
>>
>> --
>>

>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>>

>> "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
>>> Huh?
>>>
>>> "Jim" <bojimbo261@aol.com> wrote in message

0
Michael
1/6/2010 10:41:18 PM

> That does not work hence my question.
> Doing as that the message is:
> "You must be logged as an administrator when installing this program"
> Claire

Don't mind Gordon.  He is a bit S.L.O.W.

He might be distracted by polishing his NET COP badge! LOL!

0
Bill
1/6/2010 10:44:36 PM
What for?
What that has to do with my question?
Just think about that.

> He may be, but it wouldn't hurt to download and run each of those
> programs.
>
> --
>

> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>

> "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
>> I am afraid he is a pest :)
>>
>> "Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message
>>> Jim is thinking you may have a bug.
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>>>

>>> "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message

0
Claire
1/6/2010 11:35:50 PM
Claire wrote:
> How to install the program for the standard user but using the
> administrative privileges of Administrator?

	Log in using an administrative account and install the program.  If
it's properly written for Vista, it will ask you if you want it to be
available to all users.  (By default, almost anything you install will
be available to all users, anyway.)

	If you're having trouble with a specific application, post back with a
modicum of pertinent information (i.e., name and version of application,
any error messages displayed during the installation, what its
manufacturer has had to say on this issue, and - in particular - what
actually happens when standard users try to run it), and someone can
give something better that generalities as a response.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
0
Bruce
1/7/2010 2:11:24 AM
Claire

Either do as Gordon posted or log in as Administrator

--
Peter

"Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
> How to install the program for the standard user but using the administrative
> privileges of Administrator?

0
Peter
1/7/2010 3:33:48 AM
> What for?
> What that has to do with my question?
> Just think about that.

Because if you DO have some malware, whatever it is might just be stopping
you running this install as an administrator.

0
Gordon
1/7/2010 8:13:57 AM
On 1/06/10, Peter Foldes posted:
> Claire

> Either do as Gordon posted or log in as Administrator

I think Claire believes (incorrectly) that she is doing that.

Claire: an account with adminstrator privileges has only a limited set
of administrator privileges. Only the account named Adminisitrator has
all privileges.

You could also try this: right click on the *installer* program and
choose "Run as administrator". I suggest this because it's not clear to
me that that is what you are doing.

--
Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Gene
1/7/2010 7:24:10 PM
"Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
> On 1/06/10, Peter Foldes posted:
>> Claire
>
>> Either do as Gordon posted or log in as Administrator
>
> I think Claire believes (incorrectly) that she is doing that.
>
> Claire: an account with adminstrator privileges has only a limited set of
> administrator privileges. Only the account named Adminisitrator has all
> privileges.
>
> You could also try this: right click on the *installer* program and choose
> "Run as administrator". I suggest this because it's not clear to me that
> that is what you are doing.
>
> --
> Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

How do I create Administrator named account?
I tried to do it but Windows response is that account already exists,
although it is not displayed on the list nor displayed as the option when
switching users.
If the account really exists how do I log into it?
Thanks,
Claire

0
Claire
1/7/2010 9:53:42 PM
On 1/07/10, Claire posted:
> "Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
>> On 1/06/10, Peter Foldes posted:
>>> Claire
>>
>>> Either do as Gordon posted or log in as Administrator
>>
>> I think Claire believes (incorrectly) that she is doing that.
>>
>> Claire: an account with adminstrator privileges has only a limited set of
>> administrator privileges. Only the account named Adminisitrator has all
>> privileges.
>>
>> You could also try this: right click on the *installer* program and choose
>> "Run as administrator". I suggest this because it's not clear to me that
>> that is what you are doing.
>>
>> -- Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
>>

> How do I create Administrator named account?
> I tried to do it but Windows response is that account already exists,
> although it is not displayed on the list nor displayed as the option when
> switching users.
> If the account really exists how do I log into it?
> Thanks,
> Claire

The account exists and is hidden by default.

Here's the trick:
1. Run a command prompt as administrator: click on the start orb - the
round icon on the left end of the task bar - and type cmd in the search
line. The command "cmd.exe" will appear at the top of the start menu.
Right click it and choose "Run as administrator".

2. In the resulting screen (a command window) type the command
"net user Administrator /active:yes" (without the quotes and followed
by an Enter).
When the command reports successful completion, you will be able to log
on as "the" administrator, whose name is Administrator - see below. You
can exit from the command window by typing "exit" and enter or by
clicking on the usual red X.

3. Switch user to administrator by Choosing "Switch User" on the usual
shut down/restart menu. Odds are you didn't give it a password, so just
leave that field alone and click the right arrow you'll see next to the
password field.

Or you could just choose restart and when you now see the Administrator
icon on the startup screen, you can log on that way instead of with
your usual account.

4. When all is done, get out of the administrator account:
a. If you switched users, choose "Log out" in the shut-down restart
menu, or
b. If you restarted, restart again and log on to your normal account.

5. For better security, when you are finished, repeat the net user
trick above, but replace "yes" by "no". Leave it that way until you
need it again (I find that I hardly ever need to use the Administrator
account).

6. Whew!

--
Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Gene
1/8/2010 12:28:22 AM
Thank you very much.
The first part was a breeze and now I do have Administrator option to choose
from the menu.
However, I cannot login into it because of the password.
I am the owner of this computer, I installed Windows and all.
I never use any passwords (your guess was very good).
So, why that thing insists to have password?
I tried: admin, administrator, and few other passwords (I might used if the
Windows 7 installation insisted on one) to no avail.
There is such thing as "password reset" option.
When I click on it the Password Reset Wizard window opens and displays the
following label:
"The password key disk is in the following drive:"
and under it the only available (scrolling down) selection is Floppy Disk
Drive (A)
What curiosity it is!
Not only I do not have and never had such disk but floppy drive?????
Who uses floppy these days????
This is Windows 7 for my dog sake!

Thanks,
Claire

> On 1/07/10, Claire posted:
>> "Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
>>> On 1/06/10, Peter Foldes posted:

>>> I think Claire believes (incorrectly) that she is doing that.
>>>
>>> Claire: an account with adminstrator privileges has only a limited set
>>> of administrator privileges. Only the account named Adminisitrator has
>>> all privileges.
>>>
>>> You could also try this: right click on the *installer* program and
>>> choose "Run as administrator". I suggest this because it's not clear to
>>> me that that is what you are doing.
>>>
>>> -- Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
>>>

>> How do I create Administrator named account?
>> I tried to do it but Windows response is that account already exists,
>> although it is not displayed on the list nor displayed as the option when
>> switching users.
>> If the account really exists how do I log into it?
>> Thanks,
>> Claire
>
> The account exists and is hidden by default.
>
> Here's the trick:
> 1. Run a command prompt as administrator: click on the start orb - the
> round icon on the left end of the task bar - and type cmd in the search
> line. The command "cmd.exe" will appear at the top of the start menu.
> Right click it and choose "Run as administrator".
>
> 2. In the resulting screen (a command window) type the command
> "net user Administrator /active:yes" (without the quotes and followed by
> an Enter).
> When the command reports successful completion, you will be able to log on
> as "the" administrator, whose name is Administrator - see below. You can
> exit from the command window by typing "exit" and enter or by clicking on
> the usual red X.
>
> 3. Switch user to administrator by Choosing "Switch User" on the usual
> shut down/restart menu. Odds are you didn't give it a password, so just
> leave that field alone and click the right arrow you'll see next to the
> password field.
>
> Or you could just choose restart and when you now see the Administrator
> icon on the startup screen, you can log on that way instead of with your
> usual account.
>
> 4. When all is done, get out of the administrator account:
> a. If you switched users, choose "Log out" in the shut-down restart menu,
> or
> b. If you restarted, restart again and log on to your normal account.
>
> 5. For better security, when you are finished, repeat the net user trick
> above, but replace "yes" by "no". Leave it that way until you need it
> again (I find that I hardly ever need to use the Administrator account).
>
> 6. Whew!
>
> --
> Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Claire
1/8/2010 1:44:36 AM
Have you tried *not* trying to type a password?

If you lack a password, there is no password.

I'm thinking...OK, maybe it would help if you would first click
(without typing) in the box that asks for the password, and then click
on the arrow. This might help Windows figure out that your password is
null.

Which is I said in the first place - except that I forgot to say click
in the box first. (I didn't think of it!)

I can't any longer test this, since I set up a password for my
Administrator login. I chose this password:

Actually, I'm kidding, I won't tell you :-)

If that doesn't work, I am in the dark too...So I hope it works.

On 1/07/10, Claire posted:
> [...]

>> field.
>>
>> Or you could just choose restart and when you now see the Administrator
>> icon on the startup screen, you can log on that way instead of with your
>> usual account.
>>
>> 4. When all is done, get out of the administrator account:
>> a. If you switched users, choose "Log out" in the shut-down restart menu,
>> or
>> b. If you restarted, restart again and log on to your normal account.
>>
>> 5. For better security, when you are finished, repeat the net user trick
>> above, but replace "yes" by "no". Leave it that way until you need it again
>> (I find that I hardly ever need to use the Administrator account).
>>
>> 6. Whew!
>>
>> -- Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

--
Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

1/8/2010 2:37:55 AM
No, that does not help.
I tried the same in WindowsXP SP3 and Vista.
In Vista:
after running: net user Administrator /active:yes
the cmd response was "System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied"

in WinXP:
the command was successful but the administrator option has not appeared (I
tried rebooting to no avail)

Thanks,
Claire

> [...]
>>> password field.
>>>
>>> Or you could just choose restart and when you now see the Administrator
>>> icon on the startup screen, you can log on that way instead of with your
>>> usual account.
>>>
>>> 4. When all is done, get out of the administrator account:
>>> a. If you switched users, choose "Log out" in the shut-down restart
>>> menu, or
>>> b. If you restarted, restart again and log on to your normal account.
>>>
>>> 5. For better security, when you are finished, repeat the net user trick
>>> above, but replace "yes" by "no". Leave it that way until you need it
>>> again (I find that I hardly ever need to use the Administrator account).
>>>
>>> 6. Whew!
>>>
>>> -- Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
>>>

> --
> Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

1/8/2010 3:39:24 AM
I wasn't talking about XP. I have no knowledge about the command there,
so if I referred to that I'd be misleading you :-)

But in Vista, did you run cmd.exe in administrator mode? It sounds like
you didn't.

Here's a trick which works for me. In the start menu Start-Search box,
type command instead of cmd. That seems to come up in administrator
mode automatically - on my computer; I don't know if I can
extrapolate...

On 1/07/10, Claire posted:
> No, that does not help.
> I tried the same in WindowsXP SP3 and Vista.
> In Vista:
> after running: net user Administrator /active:yes
> the cmd response was "System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied"

> in WinXP:
> the command was successful but the administrator option has not appeared (I
> tried rebooting to no avail)

> Thanks,
> Claire

> "Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
>> Have you tried *not* trying to type a password?
>>
>> If you lack a password, there is no password.
>>
>> I'm thinking...OK, maybe it would help if you would first click (without
>> typing) in the box that asks for the password, and then click on the arrow.
>> This might help Windows figure out that your password is null.
>>
>> Which is I said in the first place - except that I forgot to say click in
>> the box first. (I didn't think of it!)
>>
>> I can't any longer test this, since I set up a password for my
>> Administrator login. I chose this password:
>>
>> Actually, I'm kidding, I won't tell you :-)
>>
>> If that doesn't work, I am in the dark too...So I hope it works.
>>
>> On 1/07/10, Claire posted:
>>> Thank you very much.
>>> The first part was a breeze and now I do have Administrator option to
>>> choose from the menu.
>>> However, I cannot login into it because of the password.
>>> I am the owner of this computer, I installed Windows and all.
>>> I never use any passwords (your guess was very good).
>>> So, why that thing insists to have password?
>>> I tried: admin, administrator, and few other passwords (I might used if
>>> the Windows 7 installation insisted on one) to no avail.
>>> There is such thing as "password reset" option.
>>> When I click on it the Password Reset Wizard window opens and displays the
>>> following label:
>>> "The password key disk is in the following drive:"
>>> and under it the only available (scrolling down) selection is Floppy Disk
>>> Drive (A)
>>> What curiosity it is!
>>> Not only I do not have and never had such disk but floppy drive?????
>>> Who uses floppy these days????
>>> This is Windows 7 for my dog sake!
>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Claire
>>
>>> "Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message

>> -- Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

--
Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Gene
1/9/2010 12:54:13 AM
I have the administrative privileges in any of my Windows and I do not use
passwords.
Everything what I do for testing is done in VPC windows.
Thanks,
Claire

>I wasn't talking about XP. I have no knowledge about the command there, so
>if I referred to that I'd be misleading you :-)
>
> But in Vista, did you run cmd.exe in administrator mode? It sounds like
> you didn't.
>
> Here's a trick which works for me. In the start menu Start-Search box,
> type command instead of cmd. That seems to come up in administrator mode
> automatically - on my computer; I don't know if I can extrapolate...
>
> On 1/07/10, Claire posted:
>> No, that does not help.
>> I tried the same in WindowsXP SP3 and Vista.
>> In Vista:
>> after running: net user Administrator /active:yes
>> the cmd response was "System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied"
>
>> in WinXP:
>> the command was successful but the administrator option has not appeared
>> (I tried rebooting to no avail)
>
>> Thanks,
>> Claire
>
>> "Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Have you tried *not* trying to type a password?
>>>
>>> If you lack a password, there is no password.
>>>
>>> I'm thinking...OK, maybe it would help if you would first click (without
>>> typing) in the box that asks for the password, and then click on the
>>> arrow. This might help Windows figure out that your password is null.
>>>
>>> Which is I said in the first place - except that I forgot to say click
>>> in the box first. (I didn't think of it!)
>>>
>>> I can't any longer test this, since I set up a password for my
>>> Administrator login. I chose this password:
>>>
>>> Actually, I'm kidding, I won't tell you :-)
>>>
>>> If that doesn't work, I am in the dark too...So I hope it works.
>>>
>>> On 1/07/10, Claire posted:

>>> -- Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
>>>

> --
> Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Claire
1/9/2010 2:57:50 AM
Also, I turned off UAC.
Claire

"Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
>I wasn't talking about XP. I have no knowledge about the command there, so
>if I referred to that I'd be misleading you :-)
>
> But in Vista, did you run cmd.exe in administrator mode? It sounds like
> you didn't.
>
> Here's a trick which works for me. In the start menu Start-Search box,
> type command instead of cmd. That seems to come up in administrator mode
> automatically - on my computer; I don't know if I can extrapolate...
>
> On 1/07/10, Claire posted:
>> No, that does not help.
>> I tried the same in WindowsXP SP3 and Vista.
>> In Vista:
>> after running: net user Administrator /active:yes
>> the cmd response was "System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied"
>
>> in WinXP:
>> the command was successful but the administrator option has not appeared
>> (I tried rebooting to no avail)
>
>> Thanks,
>> Claire
>
>> "Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Have you tried *not* trying to type a password?
>>>
>>> If you lack a password, there is no password.
>>>
>>> I'm thinking...OK, maybe it would help if you would first click (without
>>> typing) in the box that asks for the password, and then click on the
>>> arrow. This might help Windows figure out that your password is null.
>>>
>>> Which is I said in the first place - except that I forgot to say click
>>> in the box first. (I didn't think of it!)
>>>
>>> I can't any longer test this, since I set up a password for my
>>> Administrator login. I chose this password:
>>>
>>> Actually, I'm kidding, I won't tell you :-)
>>>
>>> If that doesn't work, I am in the dark too...So I hope it works.
>>>
>>> On 1/07/10, Claire posted:

>>> -- Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
>>>

> --
> Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Claire
1/9/2010 2:58:56 AM
Claire,
You still didn't answer Gene's question.  There are different levels of
Administrator.  Having administrative privileges doesn't necessarily mean
running as Administrator.

--

> I have the administrative privileges in any of my Windows and I do not use
> passwords.
> Everything what I do for testing is done in VPC windows.
> Thanks,
> Claire
>
> "Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
>>I wasn't talking about XP. I have no knowledge about the command there, so
>>if I referred to that I'd be misleading you :-)
>>
>> But in Vista, did you run cmd.exe in administrator mode? It sounds like
>> you didn't.
>>
>> Here's a trick which works for me. In the start menu Start-Search box,
>> type command instead of cmd. That seems to come up in administrator mode
>> automatically - on my computer; I don't know if I can extrapolate...
>>
>> On 1/07/10, Claire posted:
>>> No, that does not help.
>>> I tried the same in WindowsXP SP3 and Vista.
>>> In Vista:
>>> after running: net user Administrator /active:yes
>>> the cmd response was "System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied"
>>
>>> in WinXP:
>>> the command was successful but the administrator option has not appeared
>>> (I tried rebooting to no avail)
>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Claire
>>
>>> "Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message

>> --
>> Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Michael
1/9/2010 1:54:11 PM
:-)

She is apparently unwilling to try what I said...

On 1/09/10, Michael posted:
> Claire,
> You still didn't answer Gene's question.  There are different levels of
> Administrator.  Having administrative privileges doesn't necessarily mean
> running as Administrator.

> --

> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

> "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
>>
>> I have the administrative privileges in any of my Windows and I do not use
>> passwords.
>> Everything what I do for testing is done in VPC windows.
>> Thanks,
>> Claire
>>
>> "Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
>>>I wasn't talking about XP. I have no knowledge about the command there, so
>>> if I referred to that I'd be misleading you :-)
>>>
>>> But in Vista, did you run cmd.exe in administrator mode? It sounds like
>>> you didn't.
>>>
>>> Here's a trick which works for me. In the start menu Start-Search box,
>>> type command instead of cmd. That seems to come up in administrator mode
>>> automatically - on my computer; I don't know if I can extrapolate...
>>>
>>> On 1/07/10, Claire posted:

>>> -- Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

--
Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Gene

MFC program problem
Hi, I am new to MFC and I want to know how to make a program work behind the scenes(memory resident).Can anyone help on that please? Search for 'Creating NT Services' on msdn. Cheers Check Abdoul --------------------- "Shahoo" <shahookamangar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171043075.882293.163260@a34g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I am new to MFC and I want to know how to make a program work behind > the scenes(memory resident).Can anyone help on that please? > On Feb 9, 9:14 pm, "Check Abdoul" <check abdoul at mvps dot org> ...

RE-Installing

Also Can't Install Latest Update

Value Pak Installer

Installation #4

Installer for my access application

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Chart with VB programming?
Hello, I have a stacked chart with 4 different types of metrics on the Y axis and the timeline on X axis. I simplified this by breaking this up into 4 different charts. Alternately, I would like to have a single graph where the timeline remains unchanged. I then would have 2 dropdown boxes, the first one should help in choosing which metric I would like to show and the second dropdown should help if I would like to show the metric in actual numbers or as a percentage. Is there way I can achieve this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Sri. Hi, The answer is this can be done but will ...

Installing XP over Linux

CRM SBS install error

Issue installing KB916803
Hi, I currently have a problem trying to install the above hotfix. I am trying to test this hotfix with Exchange 2003 server running SP2. I have downloaded the SP2 version of the hotfix from MS, but when I try to run it on my Exchange BE server, I get an error back telling me that the version of Exchange I have is too old, and that I need to install SP2 (even though that is what is installed)! I have tried reinstalling SP2, which didnt fix the problem. I then tried installing on a FE server, which had the same issue. I have now tried this in four different E2k3 SP2 servers, and all ...

Internet Printing: Printer Installation Failed. The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform
Hi. I have a SBS 2003 machine, I have 2 shared printers set up on it for remote users to print via IPP. Both printers are connected to Windows XP workstations. When I browse to https://servername/printers, I see all the printers. I can use the Connect link to install one of the printers on my workstation however if I select the second printer and click on Connect I eventually get the error: Printer Installation Failed The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform. Please contact your administrator to install proper driver files on the server. I've v...

client installation
i have installed crm 3 server and it working fine. when i try to install the client i get this message :Action microsoft.crm.setup.client.installabpaction failed exception from hresult:08004010f can you help please gil Gil; What version of windows/outlook is installed? Which version of the outlook client are you installing (laptop or desktop)? Are you installing from the CD, or across a network share? At what point does it fail? Dave "Gil Gilon" <Gil Gilon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07D48A61-81B4-4B1C-BF43-9A45A01C5BB7@microsoft.com... &g...

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO INSTALL SPELL CHECK?
Go to www.c360.com. You can download a small spellcheck "add-on" that works with iespell. It's free and it works well. Regards, John ...

Excel won't start after install
After installing office XP excell goes through the motions but never actually starts...help Jon, Try the following: Go to the Windows Start menu, choose Run, and enter Excel.exe /regserver -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:010701c3aad2$20f75500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After installing office XP excell goes through the > motions but never actually starts...help ...

Excel 2003 installation error
I have been using my PC with excel program for 3 years and when I tried to open an excel spreadsheat today and it would not open. "Installation error: file not found" appeared. File not found was SKU011.CAB and I have not been able to reinstall as I don't have the installation CD as I bought the PC second hand with programs on it. Can anyone help? If you have access to another computer you could save the file from one computer to a disc and copy it in to the appropriate file folder in the computer with the error. "derk22" wrote: > I have been using my PC wit...

installing updates. Never ends
when i did a restart, windows notified me it was installing updates and not to turn off the power as windows would restart itself. I keep getting a message the 2 of 3 updates installed. next says do not turn off computer.\\ well what do I do when the update never ends? TIA Snooky wrote: > when i did a restart, windows notified me it was installing updates > and not to turn off the power as windows would restart itself. > > I keep getting a message the 2 of 3 updates installed. next says > do not turn off computer.\\ > > well what do I do when the...

Office 2004 Mac install issue
Hi, Just visited a client with the following setup: 1 x brand new G5 iMac running Mac OS 10.4 1 x 2nd hand eMac 1 x copy of teacher version (3 licences) of Office 2004 Mac. The install on the iMac was faultless. The eMac is a different issue. As it was 2nd Hand we restored it to "out of the box" with the supplied DVD's (no old data remained on the machine). That brought it to 10.3.9. we then upgraded it to 10.4 using a fresh copy bought by the client. Trying to install Office the following happened. Using the setup assistant, the first screen was OK (telling us to be logge...

Installation of Money 04 with anti-virus
When I started to install Money 2004, I got a message saying that my McAfee Virus Scan might interfere with Money setup, and "can prevent you from using Money to download stock prices and other info..." Any advice? Take the message seriously. And search the archives of the newsgroup at http://groups.google.com; use advanced search and search newsgroup microsoft.public.money. "Clarence" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08e201c3ce58$bc73dea0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When I started to install Money 2004, I got a message > saying that my...

installing office home and student
I purchased a copy of office home and student and was wondering if I needed to uninstall the copy that came preinstalled on my computer before installing the new copy. This newsgroup is for questions and answers about Microsoft Access database software - Microsoft Access is not included in Office Home and Student. Even if you were asking about installing a version of Office that does include Microsoft Access, you would be better served by asking your question in a newsgroup devoted to Office. That said, it is often beneficial to uninstall an existing copy (esp. a trial copy)...

Installation
Hi, Do i need to have exchange and SQL run on the same server as the CRM package? Is Office 2003 compatible? Would appreciate some guideline to install CRM on a machine that doesn't have exchange and/or SQL running, instead, the exchange and sql database services run on a different machine within the same forest. Does the CRM server need to have Active Directory Installed? Thanks, Ash Ash Microsoft CRM needs to be installed on a server that is part of a windows 2000 or now 2003 Active Directory enabled domain. SQL and exchange do not need to be on the same machine. In fact CRM can ...