how to edit the access right of C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\

I test website, ant get Compiler error: CS0016  Access is denied

Compiler need read files from C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\
I could not see the folders under C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\ in explorer.
and I can access these file from Command window so these files are there
I try to set the security let NETWORK SERVICE and IIS_IUSER have read right
but perperty window of assembly folder does not have security tab.

help and suggestion needed.
Thanks

0
MXC

"MXC" <mxchen100@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I test website, ant get Compiler error: CS0016  Access is denied
>
> Compiler need read files from C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\
> I could not see the folders under C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\ in explorer.
> and I can access these file from Command window so these files are there
> I try to set the security let NETWORK SERVICE and IIS_IUSER have read
> right
> but perperty window of assembly folder does not have security tab.

This behavior is controlled by the "desktop.ini" file in %WINDIR%\Assembly.

You can restore "normal" behavior of Explorer when displaying files and
folders in the %WINDIR%\Assembly tree by adding a Registry entry:

  Key:  HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Fusion
  Data: "DisableCacheViewer"=dword:1

but after browsing through the assembly folder tree I would suggest that you
delete the Registry entry.  There may be parts of the system that will break
if it's not set the way that God and Bill Gates (not necessarily in that
order) decreed.

I have no idea just *why* Microsoft wanted to play games with
visibility...but given the strange way that the developers at Microsoft
designed .NET I would not be surprised to find that they did it just to show
that they could make life even more difficult for IT support staff.

If you've got a compiler that's griping about getting access to the
assemblies I would investigate whether you've got something wrong with the
compiler, a .NET installation, or maybe an SDK since the behavior of
Explorer that you describe can be found not only on Vista but also XP and
Windows 7.

Joe Morris

0
Joe

Problems Accessing OMA Through Hand-held Device
Hi. I'm having a problem using OMA on Exchange 2003. I have enabled Mobile Services in the Exchange System Manager and ensured that the user accounts who need mobile access have it enabled through their profile. However, whenever I (or others) attempt to access OMA via ActiveSync on the hand-held devices, we are prompted with a dialog requesting a user ID, password and domain name for authentication purposes. Even though I have entered the correct account information, Exchange won't accept it and we are continually prompted for the authentication information on the hand-held device...

Access can not find a table in append query
Hi all, I have a table called MyCustomers. For some reason, when I try to create Append query, it doesnt show on the list of tables. I know the the table is there and I can select it if I want to create a different type of query but not append. What can cause that? TIA, Tom Does your table have a PRIMARY KEY defined? -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com __________________________________ If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. "Tom" wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a table call...

editting auto recovery

Windows Server 2003 BSOD "Apparantley Caused by Win32k.sys Help!!!
Hi All, One of my Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Server Running SP2 Will Most Certainly BSOD at least once a day (Usually Occuring at Night) I have done scan's of the memory Dumps and they all point to the win32k.sys file. This is a Virtual Machine BTW running on ESX 3.5. Here are the Error Codes.... System Failure : Stop Error 0x00000050 (0xbc529e90, 0x00000001, 0xbf8b8006, 0x00000000) Error Signature BCCode : 50 BCP1 : bc529e90 BCP2 : 00000001 MCP3 BF8B8006 BCP4 000000 OSVER : 5_2_3790 SP : 2_0 PRODUCT 18_3 I have Search to ends earth and ...

BOM & Edit List

Mailing system for access
Hi We have an in-house access app which runs on windows LAN. We are looking for an email newsletter mailing solution that can work with contacts data from the access app. Currently I am looking at this; http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp. The problem is this does not access data straight from an access database. Does anyone have had experience with this? Anything that works well with access? Any recommendations would be appreciated? Thanks Regards On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 03:11:19 +0100, "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >We have an in-house...

.NET Webservice Accessing Exchange 2003
I would like to setup a .NET webservice that will access an Exchange 2003 server and perform the following tasks: 1) Given a particular email address, return all headers/subjects that matches the TO or FROM field. The purpose would be to return all emails from a particular individual in order to enhance a home grown CRM system. It would have to search a select few exchange mailboxes. 2) Given the particular email, return the body of the email. Is this possible? If so, what kind of performance am I looking at here given upwards of 20,000 total emails in 3 or 4 mailboxes? If this is possib...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

Access 2000 <--> 2007 compatibility
Hi, We have a DB for data collection/telemarketing with a form and some VB code. This one is created in Access 2000. Can Access 2007 users open and work with this DB without causing problems if it later has to be operated on using Access 2000? Anything special we should do to avoid problems in this mixed version environment? Kjell Access 2007 can open, use, and modify a database in A2000 format. As always, if you have several users in the database at once, it's a good idea to split it: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-01.html If you are switching back and forth between versions, a...

Windows Mail
After about 5 or 10 minutes in Windows Mail, the folders disappear and I have the message "Folders could not be displayed - Windows Mail could not open this folder. Possible causes are:&nbsp; Low disk space.&nbsp; Low memory". My desktop gadgets show CPU at 20% and memory at 50%.&nbsp; I have quite a&nbsp;few filters on the Inbox.&nbsp; Are these likely to be the cause ?The only way to get them back seems to be a reboot . . .&nbsp; until the next time . . . &nbsp; Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums Which antivirus a...

Windows Media Player 11
Is it possible to embed the media player script or how can I place a cool video with singing on it on my personal web site? I have a video of Army beachboys that I want to place on my personal web site. Thanks. doug -- Oh woe is me... ...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Macro to edit details
Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf details on a worksheet....... therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte my headings...and then went to 'data > form' and then had to close th form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it. saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck ...

oe removed access to the following....
oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: that is what I see every time I send an attachment. 1 is it just on my end or does the person i am sending the email also recieve this? 2 is there something wrong? 3 how do i get rid of any OE restrictions? ...

Excel should manage its child windows like the rest of Office.
All of the Microsoft Office applications behave the same, except for Excel. All of the other applications open new instances of the application when additional files are open, but Excel opens them within the same Excel window. This proves problematic for multi-monitor environments. For example, if I have two Word documents open, I can view one Word document on one monitor and the other on the other monitor. However, because Excel places all open files in the same application, I can only view spreadsheets on one monitor. This is very frustrating. Every application I work with (Microsoft ...

Setting caret in edit control & activating it.
Hello Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an edit control ? Nicholas Take a look at the CEdit::SetSel() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message news:3f9d418a$0$106$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > Hello > > Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an > edit control ? > > Nicholas > > If you are asking how to create & use your own caret in an edit control then check...

Data collection Form Edit
We have a form which will be used almost daily, for data collection, based on a query. During the test we found a typo in one of the field labels where a brief description is included. Is there some way to edit the form? (recreating it with all the custom lables is just too long a task). Another issue on this topic, every time the form is sent, the messge reverts to the default "Please fill out the form and retunr it to me". Can this default message be changed? Nothing in the help functions. Any advice, or deirection to a learning resource will be appreciated. Thanks is adva...

"Windows PowerShell Cookbook" by Lee Holmes second edition draft available for viewing and comments
O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and comments at http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ - Larry In message <exi7SKRyKHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Larry__Weiss <lfw@airmail.net> writes >O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition >of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and >comments at > > http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ > > - Larry > Aw...

How do i change column header from R[1] C format to A1 format?
I am not sure how to get the worksheet to show alpha in the columns and formulas instead of numeric. Hi, Tools|Options - general tab and uncheck R1C1 -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "lovnlife" wrote: > I am not sure how to get the worksheet to show alpha in the columns and > formulas instead of numeric. Hi, Press CTRL + ~ ~ is at the right of number 1 "lovnlife" wrote: > I am not sure how to ge...

unable to access GAL
Hi, I am using exhcnage 2003 with SP1 on win2003 server.now when i am trying to access GAL through OWA it shows me script error "g_eGalTable" is null or not an object. and i am unable to connect GAL through outlook as well. Pls tell me the solution .. Regards, Abhi. ...

compatibility with document formatted in Word for Windows.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I can't make my A5 document print on A4 paper as two pages per page. Print preview insists that part of the text is beyond the margins. I'm new to mac so may be missing a vital step. Does it work in Windows? Do both the Windows PC and the Mac connect to the same printer? This may very well be a printer issue, with the printer connected to your Mac using a pre-defined document margin that is larger than the one used by the printer connected to your Windows PC. On 26/03/10 3:09, Jenny_Missen@officeformac.com wrot...