Get error message WindowsUpdate_80070570" "WindowsUpdate_dt000

 When I try to get the latest update for IE8 I get the following
message:
WindowsUpdate_80070570" "WindowsUpdate_dt000
Is there a way I can get the file needed to update IE8 with out using
auto update.
I am using Vista Home Premium with SP1 installed.
Harold A Climer
Department Of Physics Geology and Astronomy
Room 430A EMCS Building
U.T. Chattanooga
615 McCallie Ave
Chattnaooga TN 37403
0
Harold

MSCOMCTL.OCX runtime error
I am trying to use an older program (developed probably around 2003/4). When I attempt to run it I get the following message: > > Run-time error '339': > > Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly > registered: a file is missing or invalid > I found this website from google, this specific thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/845481.htm so I decided to try doing what was suggested in that thread. None of the things that were suggested helped, then it mentioned something about dependency walker. I opened the ...

Message Threading
Hi, Does Microsoft have any documentation on how mail clients other than Outlook are supposed to thread messages that come from Outlook (since they're too stubborn to use In-Reply-To or References headers)? Outlook messages are seriously polluting the mailing lists I belong to by breaking the threading. Thanks. And why would Microsoft bother to document other mail clients behavior? Ask your mail client provider for THEIR documentation. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account ...

message queing
Message queing was uninstalled on our Exchange 2003. Will that stop or uninstall SMTP? -- spd How did you determine this? You can reinstall Exchange using setup.exe /reinstall switch. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822939/en-us -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Sandra" <Sandra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5F61FD6-0045-42FC-A26C-554B9975A2DA@microsoft.com... > Message queing was uninstalled on our Exchange 2003. Will that stop or > uni...

Outlook 2003 error #16
My PC crashed last night, and when I restarted it, Outlook 2003 gave an error message that the personal folders had been improperly terminated, and it was trying to recover. That message disappeared after a few seconds, and a normal-looking Outlook window came up. But now, when I try to send/recieve email, I get the error message: Task 'Verizon Main - Receiving' reported error (0x80040600) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040600' Is there a way to recover Outlook without losing the inbox, which contains numerous unread emails? Running Vista Home Premium edition. In the first in...

Unhandled Exception error on few accounts
Hello, On just a few accounts, if I go to History or Activities, I get the following unhandled exception: [SoapException: Server was unable to process request.] System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1496 System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +218 Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.ActivityPointerWebService.RollupByObject(Guid rollupById, String rollupByName, RollupType rollupType, QueryBase queryExpress...

A Crystal Beginner

GP 10 new install (trial)
Hello, I installed a trial version of GP 10 on a standalone PC to evaluate it. Install seems to complete without problem (includes SQL 2005 install) but when I first want to run Utilities I get an error message " an error occurred while using the bcp utility - data was not correctly copied to the server..." It says it's either a BCP install or ODBC issue. Re-installed everything, same result. Would anybody have a clue? This problem occurs if the User Account Control (UAC) feature is enabled in Windows Vista. However, you must disable the UAC feature if you want to run M...

Why isn't Outlook downloading all messages
I'm running Outlook 2007 on a Windows Vista 64bit machine with 8GBs of Ram. I've been noticing that Outlook doesn't always download all messages from my ISP. It will download 95% of them, but then it leaves some messages on the server. I can see them if I log into my webmail, but OUtlook doesn't download them. If I restart Outlook, it will see them and download. Is this a common problem? Do I need to reinstall? Jason, Once again, your ISP may have a limit that you are exceeding. "Jason Klein" <JasonKlein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Combo Box Yes/No error
Hello. I have a form that I want to add a function in the footer that will allow me to sort the records based on whether they are active or inactive. The field in my table is a yes/no check box that is check for yes and unchecked for no. I have tried to use a combo box with 2 columns, Active and Inactive with corresponding fields yes/no check boxes. I set it up as a 2 column count combo box and hid the yes/no column so active/inactive would appear. I get an error that the expression is too complex.... The information is passed to my query to the Active Yes/No column by using: [Forms]![E...

"Compile error in hidden module: GlobalCodeModule"
Hi, we have 3 versions of office installed 2003, 2007, 2010. We have had no problems with that until a week ago or so. In Word 2003 we have code in a global template which uses a treeview control from mscomctl.ocx. I'm not sure that this is the problem though. I have tried to uncheck the reference to theat control and save the template, but then I get another error message "The disk is full. etc etc". I can't save the template after removing the reference or doing any other editing in that template. This not only occurring on my computer. I suspect a rec...

Get paid while you get online!!

IMF Appending to the Subject of email message
It seems as though IMF is appending the word [SPAM] to email messages deemed as spam. My Spam server doesn't do this and also emails messages being sent internally are being appended. Does IMF actually have this option or maybe is it something else causing this action? I really need to know how to disable if its IMF. Thanks IMF does not alter subject or content of messages - it simply stamps SCL (Spam Confidence Level) property that is than used to either drop the mail at the gateway or move it to either your Junk Mail or Inbox folders depending on your threshold settings. C...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

send the same message to multiple recipients
I need to accomplish the assignment below every month, with a different list eachtime, what is the right way to do it? I DO KNOW the basics, but I'm having trouble with the finer points re: the best way to use email addresses that are not initially in Outlook, and the best way to use TO: and BCC: and distribution lists effectively to make the email look correct at the recipient's end. I'm starting with a .TXT file in Windows but it's external from Outlook. The file contains names and email addresses, approx 25 to 50 names. Here is a sample of the .TXT file (my real f...

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Error 3314
I previously set a property to True in a subform field in order to prevent users from leaving a Null value. Error 3314 appears when trying to click in the field to enter information. So, you can't even do what the error message is asking you to do. In addition to that, you can't click anywhere else in the main form until Error 3314 is dealt with (trapped!). I don't really have time to deal with this problem, so I decided to just not make it a required field (setting No instead of Yes in design view). Nothing changed! I've even refreshed the tables and this subform ...