> TIA
0
Leroy
3/17/2010 2:58:24 PM
Leroy thank you
But I use this method and it never fully erases my DVD or CD
"Leroy" <leroy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Erase a CD or DVD:
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Erase-a-CD-or-DVD
>
> JMed wrote:
>> Unable to fully format or erase
>> Any programs in the net I can use?
>>
>> TIA

0
JMed
3/17/2010 3:04:52 PM
Since you don't say, I'll ask. Are you trying to erase a CD-RW, DVD-RW, or
DVD+RW? Those are the only ones that can be *fully* erased.

Well, there's DVD-RAM, but nobody uses that, AFAIK :-)

--
Gene E. Bloch      letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom
0
"Gene E. Bloch" <not-me@other.invalid> wrote in message
> Since you don't say, I'll ask. Are you trying to erase a CD-RW, DVD-RW, or
> DVD+RW? Those are the only ones that can be *fully* erased.
>
> Well, there's DVD-RAM, but nobody uses that, AFAIK :-)
>
> On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:04:52 -0400, JMed wrote:
>
>> Leroy thank you
>> But I use this method and it never fully erases my DVD or CD
>> "Leroy" <leroy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>> Erase a CD or DVD:
>>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Erase-a-CD-or-DVD

> --
> Gene E. Bloch      letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom

0
JMed
3/17/2010 8:20:47 PM
Change settings for burning a CD or DVD
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/90003d58-bda2-4250-a98f-6ff2dc7f78191033.mspx>
Troubleshoot problems
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/d2930eab-10cb-400c-8bac-b59993c16d5c1033.mspx>
The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected after you upgrade a
computer to Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461/en-us
CD-Recordable FAQ
<http://www.cdrfaq.org/>
Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player: frequently asked questions
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/51a88740-abda-4144-9176-cec79cca31e81033.mspx#ETB

Please let us know what fixes the problem
-=-

"JMed" wrote:

> Unable to fully format or erase
> Any programs in the net I can use?
>
> TIA
define "Never Fully"
some info like file structure info cannot be erased

peter

"JMed" <jademedeiros@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Leroy thank you
> But I use this method and it never fully erases my DVD or CD
> "Leroy" <leroy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Erase a CD or DVD:
>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Erase-a-CD-or-DVD
>>
>> JMed wrote:
>>> Unable to fully format or erase
>>> Any programs in the net I can use?
>>>
>>> TIA

0
peter
3/17/2010 9:24:09 PM
Thanks. I *had* to ask :-)

CDBurnerXP has an erase function you can try. It's free at
http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

It's useful for other things too.

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 16:20:47 -0400, JMed wrote:

> DVD-RW and CD-RW
> "Gene E. Bloch" <not-me@other.invalid> wrote in message
>> Since you don't say, I'll ask. Are you trying to erase a CD-RW, DVD-RW, or
>> DVD+RW? Those are the only ones that can be *fully* erased.
>>
>> Well, there's DVD-RAM, but nobody uses that, AFAIK :-)
>>
>> On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:04:52 -0400, JMed wrote:
>>
>>> Leroy thank you
>>> But I use this method and it never fully erases my DVD or CD
>>> "Leroy" <leroy@earthlink.net> wrote in message

>> --
>> Gene E. Bloch      letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom

--
Gene E. Bloch      letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom
0
Gene
3/17/2010 11:48:48 PM
Thanks to all that gave different opinions and ideas
I solved the problem w/some software's I had and did not know their full
capabilities
> Unable to fully format or erase
> Any programs in the net I can use?
>
> TIA

0
JMed
3/18/2010 3:30:24 AM
On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 23:30:24 -0400, JMed wrote:

> Thanks to all that gave different opinions and ideas
> I solved the problem w/some software's I had and did not know their full
> capabilities

And are you going to keep it a secret?

Others might have the same problem and might appreciate the information.

--
Gene E. Bloch      letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom
0
Gene
3/18/2010 4:18:19 AM
of course I won't keep it a secret
I used Sonne DVD Burner and Img Burner 2.5.0 to do a complete erase that was
fast and that Vista would not do it
> On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 23:30:24 -0400, JMed wrote:
>
>> Thanks to all that gave different opinions and ideas
>> I solved the problem w/some software's I had and did not know their full
>> capabilities
>
> And are you going to keep it a secret?
>
> Others might have the same problem and might appreciate the information.
>
>> "JMed" <jademedeiros@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Unable to fully format or erase
>>> Any programs in the net I can use?
>>>
>>> TIA
>

> --
> Gene E. Bloch      letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom

0
JMed
3/19/2010 11:38:52 AM
Thank you for the info.

I also use third party software, so I don't know whether Windows normally
has that problem or whether it's unique to you.

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:38:52 -0400, JMed wrote:

> of course I won't keep it a secret
> I used Sonne DVD Burner and Img Burner 2.5.0 to do a complete erase that was
> fast and that Vista would not do it
> "Gene E. Bloch" <not-me@other.invalid> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 23:30:24 -0400, JMed wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks to all that gave different opinions and ideas
>>> I solved the problem w/some software's I had and did not know their full
>>> capabilities
>>
>> And are you going to keep it a secret?
>>
>> Others might have the same problem and might appreciate the information.
>>
>>> "JMed" <jademedeiros@comcast.net> wrote in message

>> --
>> Gene E. Bloch      letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom

--
Gene E. Bloch      letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom
0
Gene

negative number format

Change date format to European format

Formatting just some rows

freezing formatting

Negative number formatting

Enforce format

Format Smartlist field

Conditional Formating Help

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

Can't install 2008 from install CD...
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I get a message stating that I must have Rosetta installed in order to install Office 2008. Is there something I can do to get around this? I do not want to install Rosetta. Thanks, Paul On 9/12/09 10:30 PM, in article 59b7c55b.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "ziccardi@officeformac.com" <ziccardi@officeformac.com> wrote: > I get a message stating that I must have Rosetta installed in order to install > Office 2008. Is there something I can do to get around this? I do not want to > install Ros...

can someone recommend me a CD-rom or book...
can someone recommend me an interactive CD-rom or book... that can teac me the medium to high level functions of MSExcel. I dont want a book that teaches you the very basics... like how t save, print etc. 1 chapter devoted to that may be fine... i basically wanna learn about vlookup, pivot tables, macros, and thing that i would require in an accounting role. thanks : ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step...

How to format the value in a cell?

Remove formatting from SSN
I exported some data from an Access database. The Social Security Numbers are in this format: 123-45-6789. I would like to change them all to 123456789. I've tried creating a Custom Format and formatting the cells, but nothing changed. Tried setting the format of a new column, then cutting and pasting or Paste Special into the new cells, but it keeps the old formatting. Is there an answer? Try this in a "helper" column: =TEXT(A1,"000000000") To retain your leading zeroes. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corres...

Formatting numbers
Pub2002/XP - how to format numbers in a table - I want it to automatically space for thousands etc and align the numbers correctly ie. 1 650 243 500 etc You will have to do it manually, or copy and paste it from a spreadsheet. -- See if Courier font will do it. Most other fonts do proportional spacing i.e. the letter m is wider than an l. In Courier (maybe teletype, typewriter and a few other fonts) use the same width of space and thus will line up columns from row to row. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "simonh" <si...

Sheets lose formats
I have a file that I created by upgrading from Excel 2003. In 2007 the file saves fine. I had a user complain he didn't have Excel 2007 so I saved as a ..xls file and now everytime I reopen the file all my formating on every sheet is gone. If I reapply the formatting and then save as a .xlsm file, all the formatting stays in the file. Ideas? ...

Change HTML Format to Plain Text Format
We would like to change 500 Outlook XP and 2003 clients to use Plain Text for emails rather than Rich Text or HTML. Is there a registery key I can modify, save and email out to all clients to automatically change the settings If you have any suggestions please let me know Thank Kevin ...

Formatting / Formula
Hi, Not sure if I need conditional formatting or a formula for the following: If I put a date into a spreadsheet I'd like it to change colour after a set number of days to warn me that it's now time expired. ie 01 Dec should turn RED after 90 days to show that time's up! Any help will be gratefully received Telford Tom 1. Select the cell/Range (say A1:A10). Please note that the cell reference A1 mentioned in the formula is the active cell in the selection. Active cell will have a white background even after selection 2. From menu Format>Conditional ...

Conditional Format if cell value is odd
Hi all, Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks a bunch, Michele Please state your question in the body of the message, not in the subject. =ISODD(A1) Tyro "mjones" <michele@quality-computing.com> wrote in message news:c6bc0e02-00c7-4d33-b85b-0c8ce728d3b9@l16g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > Does anyone know how to do this? > > Thanks a bunch, > > Michele If the cell value you want to check is A1, then: formula is =3Dmod(A1,2) =3D 0 hope that helps Carlo On Feb 12, 10:05=A0am, mjones <mich...@quality-computing.com> wrote: >...

Exch 5.5 is stripping off html formatting
The only place I know of in exch admin I have html turned on.. But it is still stripping the html formatting off the email messages.. Does anyone have any type of solution or work around or something I'm not seeing.. thanks for your help. Scott And that one place would be...? "tazdog" <tazdog8@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ebecdefc.0405110736.4e8f0bc0@posting.google.com... > The only place I know of in exch admin I have html turned on.. > But it is still stripping the html formatting off the email messages.. > > Does anyone have any type of solution or ...

Conditonal Format with a date format
I have a page with colum A1:A365 date formatted I would like all stat days to turn red Conditional format I am trying to use is, … =OR(A1:A365=”DECEMBER 25, 2004”, A1:A365=“JANUARY 1, 2005”) ect ect I If I type December 25 2004 in column any cell in column A without a date format, it works. As soon as use a date format in column A1:A365 the conditional format does not work. Can anyone help?? Thank you Kevin Kevin, This works for me. Select all the cells and then use this formula =OR(A1=--"2005-12-25",A1=--"2006-01-01") -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the ...