Does Windows 7 need ntldr, ntdetect.com files?

Does Windows 7 need ntldr, ntdetect.com files?

0
Peter

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 18:38:43 -0800, Peter <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca>
wrote:

>Does Windows 7 need ntldr, ntdetect.com files?

I want to dual boot Windows 7 with Windows xp.

0
Peter
1/20/2010 2:46:45 AM
Peter wrote:
> Does Windows 7 need ntldr, ntdetect.com files?

	No.  WinXP was the last Microsoft workstation OS to use those files.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
0
Bruce
1/20/2010 4:02:26 AM
Peter wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 18:38:43 -0800, Peter <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> Does Windows 7 need ntldr, ntdetect.com files?
>
> I want to dual boot Windows 7 with Windows xp.

	Then simply install WinXP first, followed by Win7.   Win7 will
automatically create the necessary dual-boot scenario to accommodate
WinXP's needs.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
0
Bruce
1/20/2010 4:03:41 AM
'Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP'
(http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/8057-dual-boot-installation-windows-7-xp.html?ltr=D)

Hope it helps

SIW2

--
SIW2
0
<bchambers@cable0ne.n3t> wrote:

Do Windows 2000 or the newer Windows Server need ntldr, ntdetect.com
files?

>Peter wrote:
>> Does Windows 7 need ntldr, ntdetect.com files?
>>

>	No.  WinXP was the last Microsoft workstation OS to use those files.

0
Peter
3/19/2010 7:12:10 AM
Peter wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:02:26 -0700, Bruce Chambers
> <bchambers@cable0ne.n3t> wrote:
>
> Do Windows 2000 or the newer Windows Server need ntldr, ntdetect.com
> files?

Windows 2000 and Server 2003 needs them, Server 2008 doesn't.

John
0
John

Z Report #7
Hi everyone, I need to understand the X Report. Specially when you use layaways, is not clear to me where it shows the payments against the final sale. Is there a document that would explain each line of this report??? Thanks, Sacha can't remember where I found this. hope it helps Register - Number given to register where report was produced Batch Number - The number assigned by Store Operations to identify the current batch. Batch Status - Shows whether the batch is closed or not Start Date - Date when batch begins Start Time - Time when batch begins End Date - Date when batch...

reinstalling windows

Converting Pulisher 98 files to work with Publisher 97
Can anyone help me with this. I did some work from home with Publisher 2003 and saved as Publisher 98. I thought that's what we had at work, but just found out we have Publisher 97. Can anyone help? Thanks, June Send me the file, I will convert it for you. It will lose formatting somewhat. gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "June G." <JuneG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A2C930C-A716-4C3A-A171-365E113E002B@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help me...

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

open windows

I need a template that could help me create a legal gaurdian doc.
I need to create a legal gaurdian document. Can't find one on Micrsoft Melinda wrote: > I need to create a legal gaurdian document. Can't find one on Micrsoft Try this. http://www.ammachi.com/tours/amma-tours/images/templegalguardian_form.pdf Frank Contact a lawyer if you really care about it not being broken. Mike Melinda wrote: > I need to create a legal gaurdian document. Can't find one on Micrsoft ...

publisher cannot load files from a different version... HELP
i got an email from a friend and i am trying to open it, but i get "publisher cannot load files from a different version". I have Publisher 97. Is there anything that I can do besides buying an updated version? Thanks in advance! Bob TubMaster wrote: > i got an email from a friend and i am trying to open it, but i get "publisher > cannot load files from a different version". I have Publisher 97. > Is there anything that I can do besides buying an updated version? > > Thanks in advance! > Bob nope, with what you got... ask your friend to make a pdf o...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

need card view with active recurring and non-recurring appointments ...
I'm trying to set up a card view that will be a simple list of active appointments, both non-recurring and recurring. I have an Advanced filter, "Start .. on or after ... Today". The problem is the sorting. If I sort by "Start", then the recurring appointments are all listed in front of the non-recurring, because the Start date for a Recurring appointment is the FIRST recurrence. I then sorted first by "Recurring", then by "Start", so that non-recurring appointments are listed in front of the recurring, but that's not what I want, either. Wh...

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

hairdresser needs help
I am a hairdresser and rent a station at a local salon. I am having trouble keeping track of my business, clients, etc. and have no idea what to download or which way to go. I am not familiar with spreadsheets and the like, but want to learn so I can keep better track of my business. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for your time. I would suggest the simplest tool to use would be access (as long as the data size does not get excessive). Get yourself a book and start reading. A short business management course would be worthwhile as well. "princessupdo" wrote: >...

Need help with simple macros for double checking manual plugs
Hi, I have to do really basic and boring spreadsheet work, and my boss has something against VLOOKUP, he doesn't want people in the office using it. And he is right, because with these spreadsheet the lookup values are of mixed type, with dashes, the spreadsheets have lots of formatting, and there have been many problems. I would like to write a macro for the following pseudo-code COPY ITEM OPEN FINDER PASTE INTO FINDER SWITCH SHEETS SEARCH FOR DATA Then it stops so I can check that it has found the right lookup value, it waits for me to press a key to confirm that I ...

pop.att.yahoo.com
Every time I open windows email I get a screen requesting user name and password for yahoo. I do not have an account with yahoo. Does anyone know what is this flag about or how to delete it? Thanks In Tools - Accounts, do you have a Yahoo account set up, or one with that name on the Properties - General tab? "Rocio Gray" <qruche@att.net> wrote in message news:OBLKST1jKHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Every time I open windows email I get a screen requesting user name and > password for yahoo. I do not have an account with yahoo. Does anyone know ...

DB Files with Access2007
Can any help prev with Access2003 I could read .db Files but 2007 return a invalid file Same goes with Excel 2003 was able to read mdb and db files but not with 2007 Thanks Hennie ...

Windows recovery console

Opening Files*
When I open an Excel file only the blank Excel screen comes up. Then I have to go to open and find it etc. How do I set up so files automatically open in the program they were saved on? Thank If you save all your excel files in a particular folder you set the default through Tools > Options then under the general tab. Type the path to the folder that you wish and when you select open excel will open tht folder. Is this what you meant? regards Murray >-----Original Message----- >When I open an Excel file only the blank Excel screen comes up. Then I have to go to open and find i...

Mercury to stop EBT support, Need a second supplier
Mercury just called me two days ago and told me they would stop using TPI and would no longer offer the value-added support for peripherals and EBT! Where else can I got for a processor that supports EBT and RMS? david Go to TPISoft.com and use any of the processors their RMS client (which Mercury uses) supports. If you can't decipher the info on the web site, call them. They'll get you set up. Mercury uses Global Payments as their processor, so could you. Email me if you'd like to be put in contact with a Global rep. Mercury is switching from TPIsoft to the "prefe...

Loosing Leading zeros in CSV file
Hello How do i stop a CSV file loosing leading zeros. when the file is in excel format it is exactly how i want it, but to import it into another program i need to save it as a csv file and it is then that i loose the leading zeros has any body got any ideas -- Cheers Instead of exporting a number, export "=TEXT(YourNumber,"00000000")" or as many "0"s as you need -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:132E74A3-A138-4B07-88C7-686FAB45F593@microsoft.com... > Hello > > How do i st...

windows messenger/Outlook 2002