cant view gif using Windows Photo Gallery

I have no idea how it happened but Windows Photo Gallery wont open my
gif images. Even when I use Default Programs in Control Panel, it would
revert to being opened in Explorer

remedies?

--
obnuchious

obnuchious

On Dec 15, 9:10=A0am, obnuchious <obnuchious.438...@no-
mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:
> I have no idea how it happened but Windows Photo Gallery wont open my
> gif images. Even when I use Default Programs in Control Panel, it would
> revert to being opened in Explorer
>
> remedies?
>
> --
> obnuchious

Same here. You might want to take a look at Faststone Image Viewer
(free download)...

http://www.faststone.com

Bill
0
vista

--=AD-----------------------------------------------------------

> Same here. You might want to take a look at Faststone Image Viewer
> (free download)...
>
> http://www.faststone.com
>
> Bill

---------------------------------------

Opps! Wrong url. Here's the correct one...

http://www.faststone.org/

Bill
0
vista
12/15/2009 3:42:04 PM
Hi, Bill - and obnuchious.

You guys might want to take a look at Windows Live Photo Gallery (note the
"Live" in the name).  Get your free download of WLPG (and as many others of
the Windows Live Essentials - Mail, Messenger, Movie Maker, etc. - as you
want) at:  http://download.live.com

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"vista bill" <billsrrempire@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Dec 15, 9:10 am, obnuchious <obnuchious.438...@no-
> mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:
>> I have no idea how it happened but Windows Photo Gallery wont open my
>> gif images. Even when I use Default Programs in Control Panel, it would
>> revert to being opened in Explorer
>>
>> remedies?
>>
>> --
>> obnuchious
>
> Same here. You might want to take a look at Faststone Image Viewer
> (free download)...
>
> http://www.faststone.com
>

> Bill

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 14:10:21 +0000, obnuchious
<obnuchious.438pc0@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:

>I have no idea how it happened but Windows Photo Gallery wont open my
>gif images. Even when I use Default Programs in Control Panel, it would
>revert to being opened in Explorer
>
>remedies?

Faststone image viewer ( free ) .
0
Jim

Access2k3 Application works under XP, fails under Windows 2000
SCENARIO: Application originally developed in Access 97 several years ago. Worked with no problem until recent change from Novell to Active Directory. PROBLEM: Application was converted from Access 97 to Access 2003. It WORKS on machines running Windows XP It FAILS on machines running Windows 2000 as below: In the Form_Load event of one of the forms (which contains a number of subforms) the following lines appear: Forms![frmPartDetails]![fsubNHA_Details].Form.RecordSource = "qryPart_Details_frm_NHA" Forms![frmPartDetails]! [fsubEndUnit_Details].Form.Rec...

Multiple Use of Product Key
I have recently bought a second laptop and am trying to register Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007. I bought it as a student from my University. While trying to register on my new laptop, while also keeping my old laptop active, it says my product key is invalid. Anyone know why? Perhaps because you failed to uninstall any trial version first, or the version you purchased, Office Plus is a volume license which is not licensed for two PC's "tony777288" <tony777288@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EC79925-7A11-4DFD-9C2A-152EF6488A04@m...

Dynamics GP 10 on Windows 2000
We're about to try to upgrade from Great Plains 8.0 to 10.0. We have a Windows 2000 server with SQL 2000 where our existing GP 8.0 is installed. We ALSO have a Windows 2003 SBS... we're NOT using SQL on that machine... and don't want to. (Please save each of us a response, and don't ask me why...) Can we install the GP 10.0 server programs on the SBS 2003 server and point to the Windows 2000/SQL 2000 database server? Yes, you can install the 'Server' application on SBS 2003 or even an XPSP2 workstation. All you need are the SQL 2000 tools installed on the m...

Advanced views.."By Conversation". Is it possible to have a view where I see only the first Item of a conversation?
Hi, I receive emails from a distribution list. I have set a "Search Folder"(outlook 2003) for these emails that allow me to view items arranged by Conversation. I need to create a view that will allow me to see Only the first items in a conversation.By viewing that conversation I should be able to decide whether or not I need to expand that group and read later emails in that thread. If I decide not to follow up on that conversation, I should be able to delete it and not have items from that conversation visible. This sounds challenging but I'm sure that the Outlook experts ...

Windows Live Mail
I am unable to access Windows Live Mail since getting this message "The message store has been corrupted by an application external to Windows Live Mail. Windows Live Mail has been able to successfully recover from this corruption (0X00000000)". I have read messages on various sites which tell me this is a problem with some virus programs. I have uninstalled my virus program. Still could not access Windows Live Mail. I then uninstaled Windows live Mail and then re-installed it still unable to access Windows Live Mail. How do I resolve this problem and recover my mess...

Cant delete any messages
Hi! My friend at work has a weird problem recently he can't delete any messages in Outlook Express the delete button doesn't work so does not the right mouse button menu delete option. When d&d the files theres a error that says "An error occurred" He works on a normal user account. Any ideas? Have your friend post in an Outlook Express newsgroup. Tell him/her to include the version of OE, the exact error message, and any other pertinent details. Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook are not the same e-mail client, nor are they related in spite of the similarity of ...

How can I read NTbackup BKF files using VB .Net pls?
Hello, I want to write a utility to extract files from backups in BKF format created by NTBackup. Does anyone know please if there are any libraries or built-in functions to open BKF files in VB .Net? Thanks, - Alan. Hello, I have the same problem Did you find any solution ? Thanks Pascal frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb/How-can-I-read-NTbackup-BKF-files-using-VB-Net-pls ...

File -> Open view
Many of us have had issues with Vista remember Explorer folder View settings. There are a number of suggestions out on the web to fix that issue. The fixes don't seem to address a nagging issue: When you choose File -> Open, the view has the same random change problems that the Explorer has. I'd used the old windows trick of setting the settings the way I wanted them, them holding the Shift key while clicking the "X" to close the window. That worked, but only some of the time. I started watching a little closer... the above Shift-click does work reliably, b...

cant open file
I have windows vista and microsoft publisher 2007 did my website and now out of nowhere it says cant open file tried everything and is not happening What kind of file are you trying to open? What steps are you taking? What kind of error messages are you getting? Details are important. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "arleen" <arleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B264DC25-1072-4931-B44C-7F481A13DBEE@microsoft.com... >I have windows vista and microsoft publisher 2007 did my w...

Start Windows Live Mail with Newsgroups
When I start Windows Live Mail (using Windows 7), it displays Mail. I would like it to display Newsgroups, instead of Mail, because I use it primarily for Newsgroups. How do I get it to start with Newsgroups being displayed? - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com Explained here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop&tid=dd25475c-6dbd-46a4-b1db-54a260d177ef&mid=2ad24a4a-2fed-4852-9fc3-feadff11cab5&cat=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=3 -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] ...

creating setup of vc++ aplication using a installshield
how to create a setup of the vc++ application using a install shield my application have two Dll files which are imported in the main application and a .exe which is required to be included so please give em some idea if u have 1. Try Installshield from http://www.installshield.com/ ( You may have to buy the product ) 2. Use any open source installation wizards, there are atleast 5-10 projects available in the net ( You may have to cutomize them to suite your needs ) "kapil mehta" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15590BAD-E80A-4D6C-A8F4-EE98DBEEC...

Can view larger?
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop My new imac shows everything a bit small. Is there a way to view at 125%, as I can do in word? I don't see the option. thanks. kevs12@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel Email Client: pop My new imac shows everything a bit small. Is > there a way to view at 125%, as I can do in word? I don't see the > option. thanks. Edit --> Increase Font Size. Entourage does not have a percentage view ...

How do I save a workbook as a new workbook by using macros?
I want to save my workbook as a new workbook with the name from cell b3 and cell b2 in the folder c:\my spreadsheets. In addition I want Excel to alert me if there is nothing in these cells. The workbook has two sheets called "fordeling" and "statistikk" and it is the cells in "fordeling" I want to use as the filename. The last thing is that I dont want the new workbook to get cell values from the original document when opening both of them and vice versa. Is this possible? Thanx in advance Hi, If I understand correctly: you want to create a new file whi...

Problems using the "Arranged By: Conversation" option
Hello, I have Outlook 2007 and have a problem getting Outlook to group conversations the way I want. I haven't found an answer from my web searches so I thought I'd ask here. Sometimes Outlook creates two conversations for the same thread if the thread title contains "Re:" at the beginning. For example, if the thread title is "How do I do X?" and then changes to "Re: How do I do X?" then there will be two conversation groups I need to look at in order to read the entire thread. How can I make Outlook put them all in the same conversation group?...

What happens here man?-I am using vs.net 2003
this function is in a regular .dll statically linked to mfc. BOOL Initialize(void) { //have m_pMainWnd to be not null else the thread is going to die any how AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState( )); HANDLE pphandle=0; pphandle=::GetCurrentThread(); DWORD ThreadID=0; ThreadID=::GetThreadId(pphandle); //processID=::GetProcessId(pphandle);//process id is corrent //ClassObj.m_pMainWnd=pwnd; return ClassObj.CreateThread(); } when run to test it. The Procedure entry GThreadId could not be located in dynamic library Kernel32.dll >The Procedure entry GThreadId could not be loca...

XSLT for viewing XML as Tree
I have some XML I want to display in a section of a web page. I want the XML displayed as a tree. The way you see XML if you load the file in the browser. It shows the tree and you can expand/collapse nodes etc. Is their a way to get the actual transform that does this? I think I remember some people extracted the xslt from some MS IE dll or something like that. http://www.cranesoftwrights.com/resources/showtree/index.htm http://www.codeproject.com/soap/treefromxmlusingxslt.asp Chuck P wrote: > I have some XML I want to display in a section of a web page. > I want the XML displ...

View Filters Problem
I would like to view a task list, but filter out TWO different task names. I have edited the view, gone to filter and added the criteria "doesn't contain" "XXXX". This works, but if I add another line with the same field with a different criteria, it applies no filter at all. I would assume it would display only those tasks that do not contain the first criteria, OR, the second criteria. Pretty basic filtering. Am I missing something? I see that I can edit the SQL filtering and change the OR to AND, but this does not seem to work. Anyone have any help? Thanks in...

How to get the text from another window?
hi,all For example, In MSDN help program, there are many items in the left list box when you type whatever key word. Can I get these itmes' text in anohter program? I did a test, put a CListBox in a dialog and then , in another program, get the handle of this list box and use list.Attach(handle) , then you can get all text by the list. But in msdn help program, it is not a CListBox, how to do that? Is possible? Thanks What exactly do you mean by the MSDN list box? Are you talking about the part of the Index where the topics are listed? -- Alec S. alec <@> synetech &l...

I am trying to print on legal size paper, i cant set size.
I've tried print option to set up 8.5 x 14 paper put it wont hold the setting. Well, it is to do with your printer driver. Are you sure that the printer supports that paper size? Perhaps you can see if there is an updated driver for the printer. Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 14, 2:26=A0pm, Michele <Mich...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've tried print option to set up 8.5 x 14 paper put it wont hold the > setting. =A0 ...

Preventing Windows Live Mail from signing in automatically
Is there a way to prevent Windows Live Mail from signing in automatically when I click on it?. I like the program but when I click on it, it simultaniously prompts me for a password AND opens up my email account and therefore displaying all my emails and everything else I have on there. Is there a way to stop that from happening and just have it open up my email AFTER I enter my password?. Thanks. Basic answer is NO. Contrary to what a reasonable person might assume, the sign-in prompt when starting WLM has nothing to do with being able to send and receive mail or even to get ...

Having trouble using 'find'
After a user's mailbox is moved from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003, he can no longer do use the find feature. As a test, we try to do a 'find' for emails in his inbox from someone we know he has a lot of them in his inbox. The find finished in like one second and show nothing. Please help. Kit ...

Possible to have MFC Ctreectrl meet Vista Aero theme by developing in Windows XP?
Hi All, I have an application including MFC tree-view control created by CTreeCtrl class, this applicaiton is developed in Windows XP, and now i need to run this application on Vista, so is it possible to have MFC Ctreectrl meet Vista Aero theme by developing it in Windows XP? that means the tree-view control should meet the following standards: The expanded tree items exceed what the container's client area is capable of displaying, a scroll bar appears for the XP style controls. However, for the Vista Aero theme a scroll bar will not appear. In Vista, when the user clicks on tree items ...

Cant get Money to work
when I try to use monwy to set up new account, all I get is "The list is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." This is the second night in a row that it has done this. Did I buy something that does not work???? In microsoft.public.money, Roaddog_tnkr wrote: >when I try to use monwy to set up new account, all I get is "The list is >temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." This is the second night >in a row that it has done this. Did I buy something that does not work???? What did you buy? What are you trying to install it on? On De...

Using Background Pictures for Forms
Hello can anyone tell me any web sites where I can find background pictures to use them in my access forms ? ...

view the formula
All the sudden I see the formula in the bar in a different way- relativley to other cells. For example =IF(R[-7]C[1]<R[-7]C[7],R[-7]C[1]*0.11,R[-7]C[7]*0.11) Please advise how I can switch it to normal view. Hanan ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Tools/Options/General uncheck the R1C1 reference style checkbox. In article <hanan.y2jnm@excelforum-no...