Can't find my Card Reader or driver

I have a built-in card reader in my laptop.  However, I can only see it
in Device Manager if I have a card inserted.  I am having trouble as,
when I insert a card, the card reader isn't showing up - so I can't
check the driver because I can't find it.  I changed it recently to the
most updated, digitally signed driver.  Can someone help?
0
rmo555
11/23/2009 10:53:06 PM
windows.vista.general 2096 articles. 0 followers. Follow

40 Replies
1048 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 11

From: <rmo555@cox.net>

| I have a built-in card reader in my laptop.  However, I can only see it
| in Device Manager if I have a card inserted.  I am having trouble as,
| when I insert a card, the card reader isn't showing up - so I can't
| check the driver because I can't find it.  I changed it recently to the
| most updated, digitally signed driver.  Can someone help?

Does the OS assign a drive letter to the device ?

-- 
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp 


0
David
11/23/2009 11:02:11 PM
Hi, rmo555.

What does Disk Management (diskmgmt.msc) say about that card reader?

RC
-- 
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX
rc@grandecom.net
Microsoft Windows MVP
Windows Live Mail 2009 (14.0.8089.0726) in Win7 Ultimate x64

<rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message 
news:362mg5pk3cngr5or9dbt1fknahb4n69a6a@4ax.com...
> I have a built-in card reader in my laptop.  However, I can only see it
> in Device Manager if I have a card inserted.  I am having trouble as,
> when I insert a card, the card reader isn't showing up - so I can't
> check the driver because I can't find it.  I changed it recently to the
> most updated, digitally signed driver.  Can someone help? 

0
R
11/23/2009 11:17:50 PM
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:02:11 -0500, "David H. Lipman"
<DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>From: <rmo555@cox.net>
>
>| I have a built-in card reader in my laptop.  However, I can only see it
>| in Device Manager if I have a card inserted.  I am having trouble as,
>| when I insert a card, the card reader isn't showing up - so I can't
>| check the driver because I can't find it.  I changed it recently to the
>| most updated, digitally signed driver.  Can someone help?
>
>Does the OS assign a drive letter to the device ?

No.......
0
rmo555
11/24/2009 12:48:19 AM
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:17:50 -0600, "R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net>
wrote:

>Hi, rmo555.
>
>What does Disk Management (diskmgmt.msc) say about that card reader?
>
>RC

It's not there.
0
rmo555
11/24/2009 12:48:46 AM
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:02:11 -0500, "David H. Lipman"
<DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>From: <rmo555@cox.net>
>
>| I have a built-in card reader in my laptop.  However, I can only see it
>| in Device Manager if I have a card inserted.  I am having trouble as,
>| when I insert a card, the card reader isn't showing up - so I can't
>| check the driver because I can't find it.  I changed it recently to the
>| most updated, digitally signed driver.  Can someone help?
>
>Does the OS assign a drive letter to the device ?

I should have replied that I'm not sure (when the card reader is
recognized).  However, right now, it is not recognized and therefore
does not have a drive letter.  It has always worked this way.  If I
look at the screen that shows the drives, the card reader will show up
as soon as I place a card in the reader.  Without the card, the reader
is invisible.  Same with the Device Manager.
0
rmo555
11/24/2009 1:04:47 AM
try to check if you have any windows update pending.. if so do it..
Also go on device manager right click on "mass controller" and click on
update driver..
If it dont work.. check if the card is not faulty.. try another card..
if dont work.. find the chipset driver of your motherboard (latest
version) and reinstall it..


-- 
ashvin

:D Just chill
-pls post your feedback on my reputation, would be of great help to
fine tune and provide better support..-
0
ashvin
11/24/2009 1:10:06 AM
Has the card been formatted? If so with what formt?

<rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message 
news:362mg5pk3cngr5or9dbt1fknahb4n69a6a@4ax.com...
> I have a built-in card reader in my laptop.  However, I can only see it
> in Device Manager if I have a card inserted.  I am having trouble as,
> when I insert a card, the card reader isn't showing up - so I can't
> check the driver because I can't find it.  I changed it recently to the
> most updated, digitally signed driver.  Can someone help? 

0
Curious
11/24/2009 1:20:39 AM
From: <rmo555@cox.net>

| On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:02:11 -0500, "David H. Lipman"
| <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>>From: <rmo555@cox.net>

>>| I have a built-in card reader in my laptop.  However, I can only see it
>>| in Device Manager if I have a card inserted.  I am having trouble as,
>>| when I insert a card, the card reader isn't showing up - so I can't
>>| check the driver because I can't find it.  I changed it recently to the
>>| most updated, digitally signed driver.  Can someone help?

>>Does the OS assign a drive letter to the device ?

| I should have replied that I'm not sure (when the card reader is
| recognized).  However, right now, it is not recognized and therefore
| does not have a drive letter.  It has always worked this way.  If I
| look at the screen that shows the drives, the card reader will show up
| as soon as I place a card in the reader.  Without the card, the reader
| is invisible.  Same with the Device Manager.

A drive letter should be reserved for any/all memory card readers.  It is only after you 
install a memory card in the memory card reader can you access data from said drive 
letter.

All USB "Mass Storage Devices" such as memory card readers, are Plug 'n Play by the OS 
with internal drivers and not requiring third paty drivers to recognize trhe hardware.

Right-Click on "My Computer" and choose "Manage"

Go to "Disk Management"

Look for "Removable" devices and check what drive letters are assigned.  See if you can 
change drive assigments.

-- 
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp 


0
David
11/24/2009 2:54:32 AM
From: <rmo555@cox.net>

| On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:17:50 -0600, "R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net>
| wrote:

>>Hi, rmo555.

>>What does Disk Management (diskmgmt.msc) say about that card reader?

>>RC

| It's not there.

If it is NOT there there are few possiblities...

The memory card reader is not connected to the port (USB ?).

The memory card is bad.

The interface is bad.

-- 
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp 


0
David
11/24/2009 2:56:09 AM
Hi, rmo555.

Are you sure?  Look at the top of Disk Management, in the Volume Listing. 
You won't see it there unless it holds a card that has been partitioned and 
formatted.

But then look at the bottom half of the screen, in the Graphical View.  Even 
if there are no volumes, there should be an entry in the far left column for 
"Disk 4" or whatever.  It probably will be below your HDDs but above your 
DVD-ROM drives.  Do you see anything there?

My only card reader is on an external USB port; it has no card in it at this 
moment; its entry says:
Disk 4
Removable (S:)
No Media

Note that I've assigned the letter S: (for SanDisk or Smart Digital) to that 
card reader so that it always gets the same letter each time I re-insert it 
to transfer a fresh batch of photos from my camera.  If I didn't assign the 
letter of my choice, the system would simply assign "the next available 
letter" each time.

RC
-- 
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX
rc@grandecom.net
Microsoft Windows MVP
Windows Live Mail 2009 (14.0.8089.0726) in Win7 Ultimate x64

<rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message 
news:1bbmg5p913a7so51fr60hiun35cr6brch0@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:17:50 -0600, "R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi, rmo555.
>>
>>What does Disk Management (diskmgmt.msc) say about that card reader?
>>
>>RC
>
> It's not there. 

0
R
11/24/2009 4:26:40 PM
Dave, I can't find the Card Reader in the disk management section.
However, there is a drive letter (H) missing in the sequence (I have
C,D,E,F,I).



On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 21:54:32 -0500, "David H. Lipman"
<DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>From: <rmo555@cox.net>
>
>| On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:02:11 -0500, "David H. Lipman"
>| <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:
>
>>>From: <rmo555@cox.net>
>
>>>| I have a built-in card reader in my laptop.  However, I can only see it
>>>| in Device Manager if I have a card inserted.  I am having trouble as,
>>>| when I insert a card, the card reader isn't showing up - so I can't
>>>| check the driver because I can't find it.  I changed it recently to the
>>>| most updated, digitally signed driver.  Can someone help?
>
>>>Does the OS assign a drive letter to the device ?
>
>| I should have replied that I'm not sure (when the card reader is
>| recognized).  However, right now, it is not recognized and therefore
>| does not have a drive letter.  It has always worked this way.  If I
>| look at the screen that shows the drives, the card reader will show up
>| as soon as I place a card in the reader.  Without the card, the reader
>| is invisible.  Same with the Device Manager.
>
>A drive letter should be reserved for any/all memory card readers.  It is only after you 
>install a memory card in the memory card reader can you access data from said drive 
>letter.
>
>All USB "Mass Storage Devices" such as memory card readers, are Plug 'n Play by the OS 
>with internal drivers and not requiring third paty drivers to recognize trhe hardware.
>
>Right-Click on "My Computer" and choose "Manage"
>
>Go to "Disk Management"
>
>Look for "Removable" devices and check what drive letters are assigned.  See if you can 
>change drive assigments.
0
rmo555
11/24/2009 8:11:28 PM
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 21:56:09 -0500, "David H. Lipman"
<DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>From: <rmo555@cox.net>
>
>| On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:17:50 -0600, "R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net>
>| wrote:
>
>>>Hi, rmo555.
>
>>>What does Disk Management (diskmgmt.msc) say about that card reader?
>
>>>RC
>
>| It's not there.
>
>If it is NOT there there are few possiblities...
>
>The memory card reader is not connected to the port (USB ?).

It is internal on a laptop - so I don't know.

>
>The memory card is bad.

No, tried two memory cards with the same results.  Both memory cards
work in my camera.

>
>The interface is bad.

Do you mean the driver?  If so, that's what I'm assuming because I
upgraded it to one that was digitally signed.  However, I can't find it
to roll it back.
0
rmo555
11/24/2009 8:14:09 PM
On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:26:40 -0600, "R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net>
wrote:

>Hi, rmo555.
>
>Are you sure?  Look at the top of Disk Management, in the Volume Listing. 
>You won't see it there unless it holds a card that has been partitioned and 
>formatted.
>
>But then look at the bottom half of the screen, in the Graphical View.  Even 
>if there are no volumes, there should be an entry in the far left column for 
>"Disk 4" or whatever.  It probably will be below your HDDs but above your 
>DVD-ROM drives.  Do you see anything there?
>
>My only card reader is on an external USB port; it has no card in it at this 
>moment; its entry says:
>Disk 4
>Removable (S:)
>No Media
>
>Note that I've assigned the letter S: (for SanDisk or Smart Digital) to that 
>card reader so that it always gets the same letter each time I re-insert it 
>to transfer a fresh batch of photos from my camera.  If I didn't assign the 
>letter of my choice, the system would simply assign "the next available 
>letter" each time.
>
>RC
Thanks - but it just doesn''t show up in Disk Management.
0
rmo555
11/24/2009 8:15:53 PM
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 19:10:06 -0600, ashvin <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>
>try to check if you have any windows update pending.. if so do it..

None.

>Also
 go on device manager right click on "mass controller" and click on
>update driver..
>If it dont work.. 

Where would I find Mass Controller?  It's not listed in Device Manager
(unless I have to drill down).

check if the card is not faulty.. try another card..

Cards are fine.

>if dont work.. find the chipset driver of your motherboard (latest
>version) and reinstall it..


Do you mean the BIOS?  I have already installed the latest one.
0
rmo555
11/24/2009 8:20:44 PM
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:20:39 -0800, "Curious" <nobody@nspam.com> wrote:

>Has the card been formatted? If so with what formt?

The card has been formatted in my Olympus camera.  I have no idea what
format it is - however, it has always worked before.

>
><rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message 
>news:362mg5pk3cngr5or9dbt1fknahb4n69a6a@4ax.com...
>> I have a built-in card reader in my laptop.  However, I can only see it
>> in Device Manager if I have a card inserted.  I am having trouble as,
>> when I insert a card, the card reader isn't showing up - so I can't
>> check the driver because I can't find it.  I changed it recently to the
>> most updated, digitally signed driver.  Can someone help? 
0
rmo555
11/24/2009 8:22:00 PM
The formatting used in a camera is not the same as that used in a PC unless 
you follow the instructions that came with the camera to format the card for 
use in a PC also while the card was still in the camera and not used yet.

<rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message 
news:2gfog59plell8ren8hrdtuq34mh30on3if@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 21:56:09 -0500, "David H. Lipman"
> <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:
>
>>From: <rmo555@cox.net>
>>
>>| On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:17:50 -0600, "R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net>
>>| wrote:
>>
>>>>Hi, rmo555.
>>
>>>>What does Disk Management (diskmgmt.msc) say about that card reader?
>>
>>>>RC
>>
>>| It's not there.
>>
>>If it is NOT there there are few possiblities...
>>
>>The memory card reader is not connected to the port (USB ?).
>
> It is internal on a laptop - so I don't know.
>
>>
>>The memory card is bad.
>
> No, tried two memory cards with the same results.  Both memory cards
> work in my camera.
>
>>
>>The interface is bad.
>
> Do you mean the driver?  If so, that's what I'm assuming because I
> upgraded it to one that was digitally signed.  However, I can't find it
> to roll it back. 

0
Curious
11/24/2009 8:24:32 PM
From: <rmo555@cox.net>



>>The interface is bad.

| Do you mean the driver?  If so, that's what I'm assuming because I
| upgraded it to one that was digitally signed.  However, I can't find it
| to roll it back.

Nope.  The connection between the reader and the motherboard is bad.

-- 
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp 


0
David
11/24/2009 10:37:58 PM
From: "Curious" <nobody@nspam.com>

| The formatting used in a camera is not the same as that used in a PC unless
| you follow the instructions that came with the camera to format the card for
| use in a PC also while the card was still in the camera and not used yet.


A memory card reader would STILL have a drive letter assoaciated to it.  He notes that the 
OS does NOT generate a drive letter to be associated with the memory card reader and this 
format of a card is a moot point.


-- 
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp 


0
David
11/24/2009 10:39:18 PM
From: <rmo555@cox.net>

| On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:20:39 -0800, "Curious" <nobody@nspam.com> wrote:

>>Has the card been formatted? If so with what formt?

| The card has been formatted in my Olympus camera.  I have no idea what
| format it is - however, it has always worked before.

Olympus formats using FAT.

However the format is irrelevant.

I suggest getting a SanDisk USB memory card reader.  Either one specific to the memory 
card (SmartMedia ?) or get a card reader that reads multiple kinds like a 12-in-1 USB 
memory card reader.

-- 
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp 


0
David
11/24/2009 10:41:18 PM
<rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message 
news:nqfog5t0ufqema72789qc72ukpb3bc61qg@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 19:10:06 -0600, ashvin <guest@unknown-email.com>
> wrote:
>
>>
>>try to check if you have any windows update pending.. if so do it..
>
> None.
>
>>Also
> go on device manager right click on "mass controller" and click on
>>update driver..
>>If it dont work..
>
> Where would I find Mass Controller?  It's not listed in Device Manager
> (unless I have to drill down).
>
> check if the card is not faulty.. try another card..
>
> Cards are fine.
>
>>if dont work.. find the chipset driver of your motherboard (latest
>>version) and reinstall it..
>
>
> Do you mean the BIOS?  I have already installed the latest one.

Not BIOS.  There is a chipset driver.  You need to find out if your chipset 
is Nvidia or AMD.  Chipset drivers usually include sound, networking and 
other drivers specific to your motherboard's chipset.
-- 


"Don't pick a fight with an old man.
If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
 

0
Michael
11/24/2009 10:51:37 PM
It's not there.....

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:26:40 -0600, "R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net>
wrote:

>Hi, rmo555.
>
>Are you sure?  Look at the top of Disk Management, in the Volume Listing. 
>You won't see it there unless it holds a card that has been partitioned and 
>formatted.
>
>But then look at the bottom half of the screen, in the Graphical View.  Even 
>if there are no volumes, there should be an entry in the far left column for 
>"Disk 4" or whatever.  It probably will be below your HDDs but above your 
>DVD-ROM drives.  Do you see anything there?
>
>My only card reader is on an external USB port; it has no card in it at this 
>moment; its entry says:
>Disk 4
>Removable (S:)
>No Media
>
>Note that I've assigned the letter S: (for SanDisk or Smart Digital) to that 
>card reader so that it always gets the same letter each time I re-insert it 
>to transfer a fresh batch of photos from my camera.  If I didn't assign the 
>letter of my choice, the system would simply assign "the next available 
>letter" each time.
>
>RC
0
rmo555
11/24/2009 11:19:28 PM
On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 17:37:58 -0500, "David H. Lipman"
<DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>From: <rmo555@cox.net>
>
>
>
>>>The interface is bad.
>
>| Do you mean the driver?  If so, that's what I'm assuming because I
>| upgraded it to one that was digitally signed.  However, I can't find it
>| to roll it back.
>
>Nope.  The connection between the reader and the motherboard is bad.

Suggestions?
0
rmo555
11/24/2009 11:19:53 PM
On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 17:41:18 -0500, "David H. Lipman"
<DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>From: <rmo555@cox.net>
>
>| On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:20:39 -0800, "Curious" <nobody@nspam.com> wrote:
>
>>>Has the card been formatted? If so with what formt?
>
>| The card has been formatted in my Olympus camera.  I have no idea what
>| format it is - however, it has always worked before.
>
>Olympus formats using FAT.
>
>However the format is irrelevant.
>
>I suggest getting a SanDisk USB memory card reader.  Either one specific to the memory 
>card (SmartMedia ?) or get a card reader that reads multiple kinds like a 12-in-1 USB 
>memory card reader.

I have an external card reader that works fine.
0
rmo555
11/24/2009 11:21:02 PM
On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 17:41:18 -0500, "David H. Lipman"
<DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>From: <rmo555@cox.net>
>
>| On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:20:39 -0800, "Curious" <nobody@nspam.com> wrote:
>
>>>Has the card been formatted? If so with what formt?
>
>| The card has been formatted in my Olympus camera.  I have no idea what
>| format it is - however, it has always worked before.
>
>Olympus formats using FAT.
>
>However the format is irrelevant.
>
>I suggest getting a SanDisk USB memory card reader.  Either one specific to the memory 
>card (SmartMedia ?) or get a card reader that reads multiple kinds like a 12-in-1 USB 
>memory card reader.

I have an external card reader that works fine.  It's just inconvenient
to carry around.
0
rmo555
11/24/2009 11:21:48 PM
From: <rmo555@cox.net>

| On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 17:41:18 -0500, "David H. Lipman"
| <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>>From: <rmo555@cox.net>

>>| On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:20:39 -0800, "Curious" <nobody@nspam.com> wrote:

>>>>Has the card been formatted? If so with what formt?

>>| The card has been formatted in my Olympus camera.  I have no idea what
>>| format it is - however, it has always worked before.

>>Olympus formats using FAT.

>>However the format is irrelevant.

>>I suggest getting a SanDisk USB memory card reader.  Either one specific to the memory
>>card (SmartMedia ?) or get a card reader that reads multiple kinds like a 12-in-1 USB
>>memory card reader.

| I have an external card reader that works fine.  It's just inconvenient
| to carry around.

I understand.  I believe the card reader is problematic.

Is the system under warranty ?

-- 
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp 


0
David
11/25/2009 1:02:34 AM
On Nov 23, 10:53=A0pm, rmo...@cox.net wrote:
> I have a built-in card reader in my laptop. =A0However, I can only see it
> in Device Manager if I have a card inserted. =A0I am having trouble as,
> when I insert a card, the card reader isn't showing up - so I can't
> check the driver because I can't find it. =A0I changed it recently to the
> most updated, digitally signed driver. =A0Can someone help?

Are you using Vista or Windows 7?

On Windows 7, the default Windows Explorer option for removable
drives, other than CD / DVD or floppy drives, is to not "display"
empty drives.
0
smlunatick
11/25/2009 2:57:07 PM
On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 06:57:07 -0800 (PST), smlunatick
<yveslec@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Nov 23, 10:53�pm, rmo...@cox.net wrote:
>> I have a built-in card reader in my laptop. �However, I can only see it
>> in Device Manager if I have a card inserted. �I am having trouble as,
>> when I insert a card, the card reader isn't showing up - so I can't
>> check the driver because I can't find it. �I changed it recently to the
>> most updated, digitally signed driver. �Can someone help?
>
>Are you using Vista or Windows 7?
>
>On Windows 7, the default Windows Explorer option for removable
>drives, other than CD / DVD or floppy drives, is to not "display"
>empty drives.

Vista Home Edition...and if there isn't a card in the slot, no drive
shows.  However, now, even with a card in the slot, no drive (card
reader) shows.
0
rmo555
11/25/2009 9:13:34 PM
<rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message 
news:rd7rg5pn36f97m3b3tn9ndg86986r0iof4@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 06:57:07 -0800 (PST), smlunatick
> <yveslec@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Nov 23, 10:53 pm, rmo...@cox.net wrote:
>>> I have a built-in card reader in my laptop.  However, I can only see it
>>> in Device Manager if I have a card inserted.  I am having trouble as,
>>> when I insert a card, the card reader isn't showing up - so I can't
>>> check the driver because I can't find it.  I changed it recently to the
>>> most updated, digitally signed driver.  Can someone help?
>>
>>Are you using Vista or Windows 7?
>>
>>On Windows 7, the default Windows Explorer option for removable
>>drives, other than CD / DVD or floppy drives, is to not "display"
>>empty drives.
>
> Vista Home Edition...and if there isn't a card in the slot, no drive
> shows.  However, now, even with a card in the slot, no drive (card
> reader) shows.

I may be beating a dead horse, but it really sounds like the onboard card 
reader has met an unfitting end.
-- 


"Don't pick a fight with an old man.
If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
 

0
Michael
11/26/2009 12:02:07 AM
Hi,

First, look in device manager...
  It may be listed under 'Memory Technology Driver'
  Mine is listed as a 'JMB38X...'
  If not there, look for something that says it is a 'SD/MMC Host 
Controller' or maybe a 'xD Host Controller'

Next, in my setup, the Disk Manager doesn't list any drives with no memory 
card inserted.
  Get a new one, and without formatting it in your camera try it on your 
computer.
  Mine lists it in Disk Manager after I insert a card.  It will show as a 
removable drive.
  My computer is about a year old and it lists the device as an iSCSI 
device.
  Some older laptops use an internal USB to connect.

Next, if it still doesn't work, go back to device manager and select to 
'Show Hidden Devices'.
  Be careful here, since you may have lots of hidden devices, but, search 
again for your SD card controller again.
  Find the name and search on Google to find the manufacturer.  You PC 
manufacture may also have drivers.
  Don't trust windows to update the drivers correctly all the time.
  Since you said you had VISTA Home Edition, the restore to a save-point is 
out of the question.
  However, left click on the device (there may be more than 1 device!!!) on 
my setup my laptop has 4 devices associated with the SD/MMC card slot.  And 
select 'Properties'...
  From the properties select the 'Driver' tab.  There should be a button for 
'Roll Back Driver'.  Use that button to restore to the previous driver.

Next, if that still doesn't work...
  Uninstall the drivers!
  You have to use the show hidden devices trick to do this also; especailly 
since you say you don't see your card reader registering in Device Manager.
  Download the drivers from the PC manufacturer.  If you can't find those, 
as a last resort search the internet for the manufacturer of the chipset for 
the card reader.  On my setup a simple search for JMB38x did the trick... 
but it doesn't always work.

Let me know if these don't work.

James K.

<rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message 
news:362mg5pk3cngr5or9dbt1fknahb4n69a6a@4ax.com...
>I have a built-in card reader in my laptop.  However, I can only see it
> in Device Manager if I have a card inserted.  I am having trouble as,
> when I insert a card, the card reader isn't showing up - so I can't
> check the driver because I can't find it.  I changed it recently to the
> most updated, digitally signed driver.  Can someone help? 

0
James
11/26/2009 3:39:10 AM
On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 22:39:10 -0500, "James Kosin"
<james.kosin.04@cnu.edu> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>First, look in device manager...
>  It may be listed under 'Memory Technology Driver'
>  Mine is listed as a 'JMB38X...'
>  If not there, look for something that says it is a 'SD/MMC Host 
>Controller' or maybe a 'xD Host Controller'
>
>Next, in my setup, the Disk Manager doesn't list any drives with no memory 
>card inserted.
>  Get a new one, and without formatting it in your camera try it on your 
>computer.
>  Mine lists it in Disk Manager after I insert a card.  It will show as a 
>removable drive.
>  My computer is about a year old and it lists the device as an iSCSI 
>device.
>  Some older laptops use an internal USB to connect.
>
>Next, if it still doesn't work, go back to device manager and select to 
>'Show Hidden Devices'.
>  Be careful here, since you may have lots of hidden devices, but, search 
>again for your SD card controller again.
>  Find the name and search on Google to find the manufacturer.  You PC 
>manufacture may also have drivers.
>  Don't trust windows to update the drivers correctly all the time.
>  Since you said you had VISTA Home Edition, the restore to a save-point is 
>out of the question.
>  However, left click on the device (there may be more than 1 device!!!) on 
>my setup my laptop has 4 devices associated with the SD/MMC card slot.  And 
>select 'Properties'...
>  From the properties select the 'Driver' tab.  There should be a button for 
>'Roll Back Driver'.  Use that button to restore to the previous driver.
>
>Next, if that still doesn't work...
>  Uninstall the drivers!
>  You have to use the show hidden devices trick to do this also; especailly 
>since you say you don't see your card reader registering in Device Manager.
>  Download the drivers from the PC manufacturer.  If you can't find those, 
>as a last resort search the internet for the manufacturer of the chipset for 
>the card reader.  On my setup a simple search for JMB38x did the trick... 
>but it doesn't always work.
>
>Let me know if these don't work.
>
>James K.
>
Thanks for the detailed instructions - I will attempt to follow them
tomorrow.  Will let you know the results.

><rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message 
>news:362mg5pk3cngr5or9dbt1fknahb4n69a6a@4ax.com...
>>I have a built-in card reader in my laptop.  However, I can only see it
>> in Device Manager if I have a card inserted.  I am having trouble as,
>> when I insert a card, the card reader isn't showing up - so I can't
>> check the driver because I can't find it.  I changed it recently to the
>> most updated, digitally signed driver.  Can someone help? 
0
rmo555
11/26/2009 6:34:05 PM
On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 19:02:07 -0500, "Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com>
wrote:

>
><rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message 
>news:rd7rg5pn36f97m3b3tn9ndg86986r0iof4@4ax.com...
>> On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 06:57:07 -0800 (PST), smlunatick
>> <yveslec@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>On Nov 23, 10:53 pm, rmo...@cox.net wrote:
>>>> I have a built-in card reader in my laptop.  However, I can only see it
>>>> in Device Manager if I have a card inserted.  I am having trouble as,
>>>> when I insert a card, the card reader isn't showing up - so I can't
>>>> check the driver because I can't find it.  I changed it recently to the
>>>> most updated, digitally signed driver.  Can someone help?
>>>
>>>Are you using Vista or Windows 7?
>>>
>>>On Windows 7, the default Windows Explorer option for removable
>>>drives, other than CD / DVD or floppy drives, is to not "display"
>>>empty drives.
>>
>> Vista Home Edition...and if there isn't a card in the slot, no drive
>> shows.  However, now, even with a card in the slot, no drive (card
>> reader) shows.
>
>I may be beating a dead horse, but it really sounds like the onboard card 
>reader has met an unfitting end.

I think you're right - but I still have hope and intend to follow the
instructions in the next post.
0
rmo555
11/26/2009 6:35:04 PM
<rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message 
news:chitg5tghcru5j287llrtq26ii13k8c0nh@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 19:02:07 -0500, "Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com>
> wrote:
>>> Vista Home Edition...and if there isn't a card in the slot, no drive
>>> shows.  However, now, even with a card in the slot, no drive (card
>>> reader) shows.
>>
>>I may be beating a dead horse, but it really sounds like the onboard card
>>reader has met an unfitting end.
>
> I think you're right - but I still have hope and intend to follow the
> instructions in the next post.

Good luck.  External card readers are cheap, although not as convenient as 
an internal.
-- 


"Don't pick a fight with an old man.
If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
 

0
Michael
11/26/2009 6:45:47 PM
rmo555@cox.net wrote:
> I have a built-in card reader in my laptop.  However, I can only see it
> in Device Manager if I have a card inserted.  I am having trouble as,
> when I insert a card, the card reader isn't showing up - so I can't
> check the driver because I can't find it.  I changed it recently to the
> most updated, digitally signed driver.  Can someone help?
I have a different re not being to find my built-card readers. They are 
very deeply recessed--so deep that ambient light doesn't get to them. I 
keep a small flashlight next to my computer so I can find the right slot.
Allen
0
Allen
11/26/2009 9:25:18 PM
Ok,

Any luck on my instructions?

James

<rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message 
news:9fitg5p2eocin4ohhaqqm87e4nsj252j5b@4ax.com...

>>
> Thanks for the detailed instructions - I will attempt to follow them
> tomorrow.  Will let you know the results.
>

0
James
12/2/2009 2:44:08 AM
Hope you're still following this post.  I've been on vacation for the
past three weeks.  I will try your instructions tomorrow (I don't know
how to get this group when I'm using another ISP).

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 21:44:08 -0500, "James Kosin"
<james.kosin.04@cnu.edu> wrote:

>Ok,
>
>Any luck on my instructions?
>
>James
>
><rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message 
>news:9fitg5p2eocin4ohhaqqm87e4nsj252j5b@4ax.com...
>
>>>
>> Thanks for the detailed instructions - I will attempt to follow them
>> tomorrow.  Will let you know the results.
>>
0
rmo555
12/22/2009 1:09:14 AM
I found, in the Device Manager, an item in Storage Controllers called a
Microsoft iSCSI Initiator.  What is that?  Says it is working properly.

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 21:44:08 -0500, "James Kosin"
<james.kosin.04@cnu.edu> wrote:

>Ok,
>
>Any luck on my instructions?
>
>James
>
><rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message 
>news:9fitg5p2eocin4ohhaqqm87e4nsj252j5b@4ax.com...
>
>>>
>> Thanks for the detailed instructions - I will attempt to follow them
>> tomorrow.  Will let you know the results.
>>
0
rmo555
12/22/2009 1:20:56 AM

<rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message 
news:oi70j595fm657je3pgn9tdfvoj3q0q6gpe@4ax.com...
> I found, in the Device Manager, an item in Storage Controllers called a
> Microsoft iSCSI Initiator.  What is that?  Says it is working properly.

<http://searchenterprisedesktop.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid192_gci1312519,00.html>


>
> On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 21:44:08 -0500, "James Kosin"
> <james.kosin.04@cnu.edu> wrote:
>
>>Ok,
>>
>>Any luck on my instructions?
>>
>>James
>>
>><rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
>>news:9fitg5p2eocin4ohhaqqm87e4nsj252j5b@4ax.com...
>>
>>>>
>>> Thanks for the detailed instructions - I will attempt to follow them
>>> tomorrow.  Will let you know the results.
>>> 
0
John
12/22/2009 1:37:39 AM
From: <rmo555@cox.net>

| I found, in the Device Manager, an item in Storage Controllers called a
| Microsoft iSCSI Initiator.  What is that?  Says it is working properly.

Nothing to do with your problem.


-- 
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp 


0
David
12/22/2009 2:35:52 AM
the driver in the device manager is for slot driver or usb port driver..
when you connect a crad it should auto detect the card..
give some more info what u can't do..


-- 
ashvin

:D Just chill
-pls post your feedback on my reputation, would be of great help to
fine tune and provide better support..-
0
ashvin
12/22/2009 3:00:58 AM
Hi, rmo555.

Welcome back.

> how to get this group when I'm using another ISP).

Just click here:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

That click will bring you right back here - to the m.p.w.vista.general NG. 
(Without cross-posting to the other groups.)

But this time, you will be bypassing your ISP altogether and connecting 
directly to the "mother ship", the Microsoft public news server, which is 
free and does not require a logon, and which is the home server for all the 
Microsoft public NGs.  Your ISP - and all the others - simply mirror (or 
"slurp") posts from here and relay them - and any responses - back and 
forth.  Most mirrors do not bother to carry all the 2000+ NGs - in many 
languages - that are available on the MS servers.  And the process of 
relaying messages can result in messages that are out of sequence or 
delayed - or simply lost.

Since the MS server is free and doesn't depend on relays, it's best to use 
it for these MS NGs - and your ISP for your other Usenet NGs.

RC
-- 
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX
rc@grandecom.net
Microsoft Windows MVP
Windows Live Mail 2009 (14.0.8089.0726) in Win7 Ultimate x64

<rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message 
news:vu60j515ejhrv5hkds34rcde2lj7v9r79t@4ax.com...
> Hope you're still following this post.  I've been on vacation for the
> past three weeks.  I will try your instructions tomorrow (I don't know
> how to get this group when I'm using another ISP).
>
> On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 21:44:08 -0500, "James Kosin"
> <james.kosin.04@cnu.edu> wrote:
>
>>Ok,
>>
>>Any luck on my instructions?
>>
>>James
>>
>><rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
>>news:9fitg5p2eocin4ohhaqqm87e4nsj252j5b@4ax.com...
>>
>>>>
>>> Thanks for the detailed instructions - I will attempt to follow them
>>> tomorrow.  Will let you know the results. 

0
R
12/22/2009 3:15:57 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs
I have a row of values that shows the total cumulative number of sales of items by month. Occasionally, there may be no sales in a month for an item so the cumulative value would stay the same for more than one month. I want to select a number in the row the first time it occurs and not select it if it repeats. What are you wanting to do with the info? To return position (column number) of number 1234 within row 2: =MATCH(1234,2:2,0) A formula that signals it's the first occurence: =COUNTIF($A2:A2,A2)=1 This could be used in a helper row, or as a conditional format f...

Finding a Median
I'm trying to write a query that will return a median for various values taken from a previous query. I've seen some suggestions in my searching, but I haven't been able to get them working. They are also all from before 2003 and refer to Access 97 and 2000. Has any functionality been added to 2003 for this? Or is there a non- code-based way to do it? I've seen it suggested to write a code to open the query, sort it, find the total number of records, divide it in half, then seek out the middle record using that value. I'm still very green when it comes to code, though...

Debit card and credit card add-on
Are there any add-on software to process debit card and credit card, also work with nova for RMS? Use Pc-Charge software for Credit card processing. -- Sun Kwon "TJW" wrote: > Are there any add-on software to process debit card and credit card, also > work with nova for RMS? I need a software to be able to take CC, debit and most importantly it can work with nova. TPI from Hypercom can do it, I sell it for $299 this includes the TPI and the RMS connector. and yes it works with elavon(Nova) -- Maurice Gordon Maurice@americanretailsupply.com Sales/Support 1-800-42...

Find Duplicate names and delate
Dear experts, I have a small doubt could you clarify that??? That is I find duplicate name but I want to delete one name only, if I filter DUPLICATE….. both names are showing… 1. Select the range of data including the header. You need to have headers for these columns 2. From menu Data>Filter>Advanced Filter>Copy to another location 3. In 'copy to' specify the target cell and check 'Unique records only' 4. Click OK will give you the unique list -- Jacob "Find Duplicate names and delate" wrote: > Dear experts, > I have a small ...

I need to compare 3 numbers and find the one in the middle
I have three numbers in a single row and would like to identify the middle number enter that number in another cell. Example: 1st # 2nd # 3rd # result 628 678 720 678 655 625 700 655 748 720 725 725 is there a function in excel that can do this? Thanks, Eddie Try =LARGE(A1:C1,2) VBA Noo -- VBA Noo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- VBA Noob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3383 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56811 fasteddie wrote.....

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0
I'm using Windows ME and I've switched from RichEdit 1.0 to 2.0 for my CRichEditDoc/View application so that I can use the ITextDocument interface and can do things such as suspend/resume the Redo buffer. Problem is, now the Find/Replace dialogs don't seem to do anything. If I revert back to RichEdit 1.0 they do! What's going on? BUMP! adriangibbons@yahoo.co.uk (Adrian Gibbons) wrote in message news:<34a2acd5.0404130713.123dbaab@posting.google.com>... > I'm using Windows ME and I've switched from RichEdit 1.0 to 2.0 for my > CRichEditDoc/View application...

Find (but not find)
My program takes a name from sheet3 goes to sheet1 to Find the name. If it cannot find name, how do you do an If/End to Exit Do while or find out if name has been founf? I have "On Error Resume Next" in program. Thanks again for all your help Gordon As ALWAYS, post your code for comments & suggestions. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Gordon" <gwelch1938@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1184612089.486737.144020@n60g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > My program takes a name from sheet3 goes to sheet1 to Find the na...

Problem in installing file system driver
Hi, I am not able to install my .sys file filter driver.I have written .inf file and while installing this inf file its not giving any error also.Plz help me in solving this. my file filter driver file name is : *****************Here is My .inf file ******************************* [Version] Signature="$Chicago$" Class=MyDriver ClassGuid={286E934F-962E-4e1c-9729-1F65205A094F} Provider=%ADITI% DriverVer=01/22/2004,1.11.1111 [ClassInstall32] Addreg=MyDriverReg [MyDriverReg] HKR,,,,%DisplayClassName% HKR,,Icon,,"-5" [Manufacturer] %ADITI%="Aditi" [SourceDisk...

Label/business card printing alignment
I have Office 2003 and now have found they removed the avery templates we use for business cards and other things have gone away as well. Has anyone found where they are? If you do please email them to pastordlewis@verizon.net (1) I have Pub 2003 and they are still there for me. (2) We don't generally do private email responses. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Dan Lewis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37fa01c4a315$c06790f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I have Office 2003 and now have found they removed the > avery template...

Finding an event
Hello, I am developing an app that uses a single worksheet to enter data. When user double clicks a button, a new window (in same workbook) opens with a new sheet. My problem is that excel does not seem to have any events for close of window if there are multiple windows in a workbook. Can someone help Peter Peter, That triggers the Workbook_WindowActivate event, you can use that. HTH Bob "Peter Ostermann" wrote in message news:i9m5v8$7bv$02$1@news.t-online.com... Hello, I am developing an app that uses a single worksheet to enter data. When user double clicks a button...

Find value in a column and insert rows above
The set up looks like this: ColU ColV ColW ColX Y N N N Y N N N N Y N N N N Y N N N Y N N N Y N N N Y N N N Y Y Columns will always be U through X and will always be sorted in this order. I need to find the first Y in each column and insert 2 rows above that row. On the blank row above the first Y, I need to highlight in yellow and put title in the first cell, such as New, Old, Existing, Deleted. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time, Dee If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this ...

cannot find database
I have an excel spreadsheet that is supposed to update a access db. Whenever I try to save the .xls I get an error stating cannot find db. Even when I open the db with access, I get the error and the db opens anyway?????? This only happens on 2 out of 20 pc's and I cannot figure out why???????? Thanks ...

Sum if Condition is Equal in Range Date and find column
I want to make a sum if Range is a week number and if style is Equal to CONC-92 or CONC-45 Week# 49 Week# 50 CONC-92= 27 CONC-92= 30 CONC-45= 27 CONC-45= 30 Datas are in a pivot table and... Pivot table looks like this: Date CONC-92 CONC-45 CONC-92 CONC-45 12/7 5 5 10 10 12/8 2 2 10 10 12/9 5 5 10 10 12/10 5 5 10 10 please help -- Lorenzo Díaz Cad Technician ...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find
I use the code below to store a row number to a variable after a find. I would like to trap a NO FIND if the find is unsuccessfull Any ideas. FSt1 provided the code below Sub macfindrow() dim rn as string dim rng as range dim therow as long rn = inputbox("enter something to find") if rn <> "" then Set rng = nothing Set rng = range("A1:IV65536").Find(what:=rn, _ After:=Range("A1"), _ Lookin:=xlformulas, _ Lookat:=xlpart, _ ...

How do I find the out of office reply?
My out of office reply is missing from tools. How can I retrieve it? Out of Office reply <Out of Office reply@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My out of office reply is missing from tools. How can I retrieve it? Unless you are using an Exchange server, you will not have the Out of Office Assistant. See this: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Finding numbers in rows and highlighting them
Hi everybody :) I need help. This is a lotto system. I have a spreadsheet with 508 rows and 45 columns. In each row there are 45 numbers mixed (1 to 45). I need a script or some other way to find where particular (drawn) numbers are in each of the 508 rows. If my explanation is not clear please ask for farther clarification. Thank you in advance for your help. Joh -- Johncobb4 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Johncobb45's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1658 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showt...

How do I find data from a list (or table) and insert it in a row?
I used to use a spreadsheet program (2 years ago) that allowed me to lookup an item and insert it into the worksheet. I know the program was at least a year old at that time (2002). How do I create a list, reference it , and then insert an item into a row of my choice? Example: Make of item, item description, and cost. Does the data go on one worksheet and then get referenced and inserted into the list of another worksheet? If so, how? I can't seem to get any answers by reading books on the subject. I no longer have access to the old workbook from which to study. Maybe that ...

Advanced Find not finding all
"Advanced Find" in Outlook 2007 is not finding all email messages which match the criteria. It finds between 30 and 200 and then stops. I then have to work with those (e.g., delete them) and then click "Find Now" again to find another batch, dozens of times! What is wrong? How do I fix this and find all messages that match the criteria? My typical application is to split the entire contents of my .pst files by date. Do do this I make a copy of the file. In one I delete all messages older than the cutoff date (e.g., 1/1/2007), and in the other I delete all messages yo...

How to: find reason for rejected messages?
I'm trying to find the reason, why certain messages get rejected by our exchange 2000 server. Is there a way to find out? Scenario: pullmail gets mails from pop3 mailboxes from, let's say "internetmailserver.com" and puts it in our exchange server "intranet.com". For most mails it works marvellous but for some mails it just fails and I can only see (output of pullmail command): .... 1 messages waiting << +OK 8488322 octets Message from: some.user@validdomain.com to: user@intranet.com SMTP message rejected, reply OK Unexpected response rsion:...

finding latest hotfix
how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 2007, Sharepoint server 2007 and SQL serve 2005? For Service Pack we can search using bing or google and find. But not for hotfix. How do I find? Thank you Hello all the latest updates are documented here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ee748587.aspx -- Christophe Fiessinger Microsoft http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie "sgOrchid" <sgOrchid@@newsgroup.nospam.com> wrote in message news:3B51FE4E-ADD6-415D-9771-CCD32A65DF11@microsoft.com... > how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 200...

Can "Totals" be displayed in Advance Find results?
This seems like a question that would've been asked many times before, but I can't find any reference to is here. Can total search results be displayed in the search results pane? The only reference to a solution for this is by a company in Romania called Creative Software Solution. They have a screen grab at http://www.creativesolutions.ro/img/Customizations-GridCount.jpg. Anyone know how I can make the customization myself? Thanks! Andy. Dear Andy, There are few options. 1. Writing Reports and show total 2. Add Total as custom value and use javascript to add that va...

find smallest positive number among datas
How to find the smallest positive number among datas in Excel? Try =MIN(data_rng) -- HTH Bob "Cerberus" <Cerberus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8616B833-5582-4FCE-A23C-5F10D577AF63@microsoft.com... > How to find the smallest positive number among datas in Excel? =MIN(IF(A1:A6>0,A1:A6)) as an array formula (Control Shift Enter) Adjust your range to suit. -- David Biddulph "Cerberus" <Cerberus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8616B833-5582-4FCE-A23C-5F10D577AF63@microsoft.com... > H...

"FIND" bar is broken / missing
In IE8, when I click CTRL-F for the "Find on this page" bar, a BLANK bar appears but no controls on it. I uninstalled IE8 and reinstalled it, but it made no difference. Any ideas? I used to use this feature a lot, so this is pretty frustrating. I would appreciate anything you can tell me. Thank you. RecoverfileinRecycleBinwhileinDOS@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > In IE8, when I click CTRL-F for the "Find on this page" bar, a BLANK bar > appears but no controls on it. I uninstalled IE8 and reinstalled it, but it > made no difference. Any id...

Debit Cards Process error
Hi, I've a RMS system with the Citibank software to process all my transactions. The credit cards works fine, the reports works fine but when I want to use a debit card all the process with the pin pad goes fine but when start to send the data said fail and give me the 0141 error. I check all the data on my edc window and it is rigth. I don't know what else to do. Thanks. Gas28, Has your pinpad been injected with a security code? It must be sent away to the processor's agent for this to be done. Takes about 10 working days. Are you sure that your processor has you set...

find formula and return value
Hi i am using the following formula to find text in a cell =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Super",B96)),"OK", "Not OK") and return a value. i have adapted the formula for another spreadsheet and simply added more values to check, i.e. =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Super""Account""Business:,B96)),"OK", "Not OK") but it doesnt seem to work. where i can see the value in the cell it is not returning ok instead of not ok. is there a limit to the number of values i can search and if so why doesnt it say as an error? what am i missing? Thanks v...