Best file recovery program?

I need a good file recovery program that will run both under Vista and
Win 7. It needs to be able to salvage files both deleted and those lost
because of disc errors. It also needs to be able to work with both
internal and external hard discs, and all flavors of CD and DVD. Any
recommendations? Most of the ones that allow you to download a trial
have crippled to trial so much that it's really hard to judge them.
Incidentally, I ran the free Recuva on a DVD-RW; I started it at 12:30
PM and at 5:30 AM (17 hours later) it showed 89% complete, and at 8:00
it had stopped with the message "allocation error".
Allen
0
Allen

You have money to spend then you can use a professional recovery agency which will
get the job done same as any law enforcement and government agency

--
Peter

"Allen" <allent@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
>I need a good file recovery program that will run both under Vista and Win 7. It
>needs to be able to salvage files both deleted and those lost because of disc
>errors. It also needs to be able to work with both internal and external hard
>discs, and all flavors of CD and DVD. Any recommendations? Most of the ones that
>allow you to download a trial have crippled to trial so much that it's really hard
>to judge them. Incidentally, I ran the free Recuva on a DVD-RW; I started it at
>12:30 PM and at 5:30 AM (17 hours later) it showed 89% complete, and at 8:00 it had
>stopped with the message "allocation error".
> Allen

0
Peter
11/25/2009 9:46:09 PM
why not keep a portable/external HHD< i have one for 5 bucks - almost free,
if you leave positive feedback on Ebay I will post, it's Iomega all-aluminum
fits into shirt pocket 120GB, have second SimpleTech (by Hitachi) 160GB,
eithe rone has to go, and one I keep.
I dont care which one I keep, even 120GB is as good as 160GB as it's
all-metal and premium quality

0
Stan
11/25/2009 10:07:23 PM
You're recoving files lost on DVD-RW???

This is as productive as building aircraft from mud.
It's an optical medium, by law of nature it's as slow as molasses comparing
harddisk,
Secondly, its failures have ABSOLUTELY different physics behind it.
I am surprised Recuva didin't give you an error like "are you sure you wish
to spend 2 days spinning your disk"?

0
Stan
11/25/2009 10:11:39 PM

"Stan Starinski" <China@stealsUSJobsPatentsSoftwareMusicVideo> wrote in
message news:eSDvMjhbKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> why not keep a portable/external HHD< i have one for 5 bucks - almost
> free, if you leave positive feedback on Ebay I will post, it's Iomega
> all-aluminum fits into shirt pocket 120GB, have second SimpleTech (by
> Hitachi) 160GB, eithe rone has to go, and one I keep.
> I dont care which one I keep, even 120GB is as good as 160GB as it's
> all-metal and premium quality

Give it up already.  Donate that Iomega dinosaur and forget about the $5,
unless you need the $5 to buy food or buy deodorant.

0
Marjorie
11/25/2009 11:15:06 PM
Marjorie Klivans wrote:

> "Stan Starinski" <China@stealsUSJobsPatentsSoftwareMusicVideo> wrote in
> message news:eSDvMjhbKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> why not keep a portable/external HHD< i have one for 5 bucks - almost
>> free, if you leave positive feedback on Ebay I will post, it's Iomega
>> all-aluminum fits into shirt pocket 120GB, have second SimpleTech (by
>> Hitachi) 160GB, eithe rone has to go, and one I keep.
>> I dont care which one I keep, even 120GB is as good as 160GB as it's
>> all-metal and premium quality
>
> Give it up already.  Donate that Iomega dinosaur and forget about the $5,
> unless you need the $5 to buy food or buy deodorant.

I don't know what that idiot is up too.
But, he outta know no one is going to take him up on that.
For 5 bucks, some lunatic is going to have your address.

--
Vita brevis breviter in brevi finietur,
Mors venit velociter quae neminem veretur.

0
Death
11/25/2009 11:58:30 PM
Have you tried Pandora Recovery?  You can sometimes find it free at places
like giveaway of the day.

"Allen" <allent@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> I need a good file recovery program that will run both under Vista and Win
> 7. It needs to be able to salvage files both deleted and those lost
> because of disc errors. It also needs to be able to work with both
> internal and external hard discs, and all flavors of CD and DVD. Any
> recommendations? Most of the ones that allow you to download a trial have
> crippled to trial so much that it's really hard to judge them.
> Incidentally, I ran the free Recuva on a DVD-RW; I started it at 12:30 PM
> and at 5:30 AM (17 hours later) it showed 89% complete, and at 8:00 it had
> stopped with the message "allocation error".
> Allen

0
rak
11/26/2009 2:19:10 AM
Kevin,

I've just made a $2.66 sale on Eaby for 2 serial-usb adapters.
Minus paypal + Ebay fees, minus shipping so I got about 95 cents.
That's also income, believe it or not, why?
Make 100 of these, and 100 bucks is yours.  95 cents can take my car for
miles on half-gallon gas

As of having my address - you do that for every sale, why do you worry about
Lunatics now, after hundreds of sales?
How do you think famous people live?
A million people know my addresses, emails, websites, writings, etc I am
becoming famous.  Soon-to-be-Emperor.
It's a risj all celebrities take.  I am King of all Web Media, OK?  Or at
least Prince of Usenet.

Now seriously, it's inevitable that people who buy from you will know your
address.
Just get bodyguards, sign up for Police protection, insatll laser scanners
and bitedogs, and prepare to die for fame.
Simple.

After spending time in certain ZIpcodes on LongIsland, NY (my home#2) and
NewJersey (work) I am kno whow it looks.
I was strolling by one day and bumped into Bruce Springsteen house, the
other day into Oprah Winfrey.
That;s the kind of ZIPcodes around me.

Don't let me worry about address,  People who get here with evil intentions
will get somethign between their eyes and hospital bills they won;t ever pay
off.

0
Stan
11/26/2009 6:25:37 AM
[...]

11/26/2009 6:25:46 AM
Marjorie Klivans wrote:

> "Stan Starinski" <China@stealsUSJobsPatentsSoftwareMusicVideo> wrote in
> message news:eSDvMjhbKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> why not keep a portable/external HHD< i have one for 5 bucks - almost
>> free, if you leave positive feedback on Ebay I will post, it's Iomega
>> all-aluminum fits into shirt pocket 120GB, have second SimpleTech (by
>> Hitachi) 160GB, eithe rone has to go, and one I keep.
>> I dont care which one I keep, even 120GB is as good as 160GB as it's
>> all-metal and premium quality
>
> Give it up already.  Donate that Iomega dinosaur and forget about the
> $5, unless you need the $5 to buy food or buy deodorant.
Incidentally, I had backup on an internal hard disc--a 500 gig Maxtor,
which crashed and left about 3 gig unreadable. I had a second backup on
a DVD-RW, which was left unreadable by Win7 when I tried to copy it.
Note: in Win7, be very careful when trying to simply copy by moving. It
looks like that the receiving device must be to the right of the sending
device; if it is to the left the receiving directory acts like it is
caught in a tornado and you can't tell what directory your files might
be in. Also, in Vista if I was trying to copy by moving, the source
files on the source disc were left intact if the receiver was on a
different physical device--NOT TRUE in Win7. In the process of trying to
copy the data I lost one subdirectory and about 2/3 of another. I can't
find these files anywhere on my machine with the built-in Win7 search,
which is so slow that I could almost just open and read every file on my
machine faster than searching. I never thought I would say this, but I
wish I had Vista search back--much faster and more flexible than Win7.
These are just two of the many problems I'm having with 7. I'm beginning
to think that the MS software department has been infiltrated by Apple
moles--just one more example of smart Steve vs. screaming Steve.
Allen
0
Allen
11/26/2009 4:01:36 PM
> Win7 search, which is so slow

One ward for you, Allen:

WWW.MYTHICSOFT.COM  -->download--.AgentRansack

Why in the world wouldn't Microsoft buy that company or at least a license
to plug it into next Windows?

0
Stan
11/26/2009 8:09:59 PM
Allen wrote:
> I need a good file recovery program that will run both under Vista and
> Win 7. It needs to be able to salvage files both deleted and those lost
> because of disc errors. It also needs to be able to work with both
> internal and external hard discs, and all flavors of CD and DVD. Any
> recommendations? Most of the ones that allow you to download a trial
> have crippled to trial so much that it's really hard to judge them.
> Incidentally, I ran the free Recuva on a DVD-RW; I started it at 12:30
> PM and at 5:30 AM (17 hours later) it showed 89% complete, and at 8:00
> it had stopped with the message "allocation error".
> Allen
I solved my problem myself. I found a great freeware program on Cnet: CD
Recovery Toolbox (free version--the best kind. It found my files in a
very short time, saved them in a special folder very quickly, with
names, AND WITH TREE INFORMATION! Umfortunately, true to its name, it
works only on CDs and DVDs. It's a keeper in my case. And thanks for
your help. I downloaded Pandora and will save it for future disasters
involving hard discs.
Allen
0
Allen

Displaying Multiple-Page Linked OLE Files in Excel
Is there a way to display more than the first page of a multiple-page Word document linked to an Excel spreadsheet as an OLE object? It's possible to click through to the original document, but I'm unable to find a way to display the entire document within Excel without distorting the image. ...

The best photographer
He is the best famous photographer.. http://club.cyworld.com/dcnomad ...

Data not downloading to .xls file but it is in the database
OK, I am relatively familiar with Access 2003, but I have been asked to figure out why the data in that is entered into the database shows it when looking on the database but it is not generating it to the list of updated documents. Here is a bit of the background...I just started working at this company 2 days ago, well the file is an excel file but the path for the file is generated to a person's C: drive who no longer is employed here. I am trying to change that path...and am having no luck. Any help would be so appreciated. Thanks! Is the file even on their machine? You...

how disable msg: "Your files are attached & ready to send"
In Windows explorer when I want to e-mail a file, I right click on the file, select Send To and then Mail Recipient. In the resulting Outlook window, It always includes in the body of the e-mail: "Your files are attached and ready to send." How do I disable getting this message in the body of the e-mail. It really serves no purpose and gets in the way of any message I want to write. Thank you. Just delete the text & change the subject line - or instead of doing it this way, create a new message, and attach the file (browse to it). Andrew wrote: > In Windows explorer w...

downloaded file has no file extention
Downloaded a file using utorent but the file has no file extention. Tryed to unrar the file but that did not work. Thanks for sharing. How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Good Post http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm "b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BCDB9C6-1064-45A5-8EA5-B61272BCA269@microsoft.com... > Downloaded a file using utorent but the file has no file extention. Tryed > to > unrar the file but that did n...

Best text books / manuals for MS Office (intermediate-Advanced use
What are the best (most highly reccomended) text books / instruction manuals you can get for Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Word and also VBE? I consider myself to be Quite proficient in Excel......Can produce a decent document in Publisher.......Can "Get by" in Word....Not enough knowledge of Access......Only used PowerPoint once....... I started using BASIC (the programming language) back in the '80s, so I have some knowledge of VBE (Formulas & syntax are quite simular from what I see now). I have created several Excel projects with Macros bu...

importing .dbx files
I am trying to import some ".dbx" files, ie., inbox.dbx, etc., into my Outlook 2003 inbox from a cd. Files were backed up onto cd from outlook express. when i browse the path to get to the files i want inported, i keep getting a message that says, "not a win32 application" or folder is empty or being used by another application, even though i have no other applictions running? any suggestions? The files have to be within OE, on the pc, prior to exporting, within OE to OL ie both apps and their data have to be on same pc "John" <anonymous@discussions....

File Shortcuts
I am using Windows XP Pro SP1a with Excel 2003. I created a shortcut to a file I use alot, and placed it on my desktop. This location is on a network drive. When someone moves the file to a different location on the same mapped network drive, when I run my shortcut link, it opens the Excel file - yet external file location links that are referenced inside this Excel sheet, are no longer good. How can this Excel shortcut know where this file resides after it has been moved? Is this built-in functionality for Excel 2003? For Windows XP Pro? When I move the Excel file, I want my shortcut to the...

Import file names
I am having nearly 5000 files in a folder and is it possible for me to just import the file names in to excel format from the particular folder. any help appreciated thanks in advance There's a couple of routines in this thread: http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_frm/thread/18d89848f0726fb2/6d76a93c6e6b7fca?lnk=st&q=group:*excel*+insubject:%22Files+insubject:in+insubject:a+insubject:directory%3F%22+author:phillips&rnum=1&hl=en#6d76a93c6e6b7fca or http://snipurl.com/i03g S.G.Pillai wrote: > > I am having nearly 5000 files in a fol...

How to AUTO SAVE as opposed to turning on auto recovery: EXCEL
Is there a way to have Excell perform a SAVE at a specified frequency? -- T-mo T-mo If you're using Excel 2002 or 2003, there is no Autosave in XL2002 and 2003 as there was in earlier versions. Autorecovery from Tools>Options>Save is it. This is not the same as Autosave which made true incremental saves at intervals and alerted you before saving. Autorecovery just saves a temporary file which it deletes if Excel closes normally without incident. BTW.....Dave Peterson reports that he tried an earlier version of Autosave.xla in XL2002 and it seemed to work fine. I have a...

unchanged file (excel)
With an unchanged file (excel) I am prompted to save the "changed" file upon closing. Only seems to happen on excel files. If you have a volatile function, the automatic calc on opening will cause a change that prompts the Save. Volatile functions include NOW(), TODAY(), RAND(), AREAS(), CELL(), COLUMNS(), INDEX(), INDIRECT(), OFFSET(), ROWS(). In article <5D4A0FC2-A7AC-4103-88EC-9157E7A90789@microsoft.com>, "Cobb" <Cobb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > With an unchanged file (excel) I am prompted to save the "changed" file upon >...

Windows File Explorers could allow fonts face and color changes.
When I look at the desktop, I sometimes wish I could sort my files and folders. I imagine a system of boxes or cells to group items. The Desktop would look like a table of cells and the user would be able to put for example all the work files & folders in a cell, all the personal files&folders in another cell. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to ope...

Where is the best place to put notes?
We are new to MSCRM and are not used to all of the possible places that you can enter notes. Has anyone created a structure for their company as to what notes should be entered where? Wendy, There are many ways to handle notes. You have accurately identified that notes are kind of disjointed. What you might consider doing is creating a central notes depository in Sharepoint and then adding a customization with an inline frame that shows the Sharepoint notes repository in several different parts of CRM. In general, you have not provided enough information on what you are trying to ac...

According to the Excel online help, the PivotCache.Connection property can be set to "the path to and file name of a text file". I tried setting it to the path and file name of a .csv file and it returned an error. Is there a way to load a PivotCache directly from a flat file without having to load into a spreadsheet or database? (The flat file has more than 1 million rows.) -- Tom Sherwood ...

avoiding id duplication in shared file
I'm working with a project log form in Access which is 'shared' and on the local network. The form uses the record number as the 'project number' . When several users are using the log at the same time, it will save the entries as desired for the first person to access the form, but the other people will get subsequent numbers. Besides locking access down to one user at a time, is there a way to notify the user of the number changes, perhaps by email? Thanks, Louis if simple things like autonumber aren't reliable enough for you-- then you should move to SQL Server an...

what is the best way to resize test that "best fits" the text box
I just want to know how to resize text to fit the text box. Select the text and reduce the font size until it suits your requirements. There is no automatic function for this. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "utahjohn" <utahjohn@discussions.microsof...

Macro to Fomat Excel to .csv File
I have an Excel spreadsheet with contact information I want to import to a CRM lead system. Current Excel sheet format is all in one column going down as follows: Company Name, Address, City State Zip (all one field), Phone number, then empy cell then repeat of 4 cells listed above. Want to convert to a new .csv file with listing going left to right on on line as follows (ending up with 6 column fields - 1. Company Name 2. Address 3. City 4. State 5. Zip 6. Phone Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? Thanks. Kip ...

How can I save embedded files as gifs
I use Outlook. When I try to save an embedded gif file by right click/save files I can only get the option to save a s BMP. How can I change this? Empty your Temporary Internet Files and try again. "Royalscotty" wrote: > I use Outlook. When I try to save an embedded gif file by right click/save > files I can only get the option to save a s BMP. How can I change this? ...

Best way to forecast individual sales territories?
I have a spreadsheet with twelve months of sales data per territory (100 territories.) I need to forecast the next three months. The product being sold is just moving from launch phase to high growth phase, so it's still growing pretty quickly. What is the best method to forecast each individual territories' sales over the next three months? ...

Dropdown menu using xml file
Can anyone please help me. I was looking at the article "http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/20030603.asp". I am new to .net and know nothing in c#. I want to write a menu in asp.net. Can anyone please help me in converting this c# code to vb.net. I tried, but it is not giving the output. Here is the c# code using System using System.Collections using System.ComponentModel using System.Data using System.Drawing using System.Web using System.Web.SessionState using System.Web.UI using System.Web.UI.WebControls using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls using System.Xml; using System.Xml.Xsl; us...

OWA/OMA Protection
<No response from other forum> Hello, I have a Exchange 2003/OWA frontend that is protected with RSA two factor authentication inside a Checkpoint Firewall. The RSA part works fine and everything is good. Now I buy a Motorola Droid and need to set up the Exchange Sync and the RSA poses a problem. If I remove the RSA protection the Droid connects to the OWA and syncs well. Calls to RSA says it will not work with a Droid so I'd have to get rid of the RSA authentication. The question is: it looks like if I want to use a Android 2.0 based Droid phone to sync with outlook...

filtering out "temporary internet files" from journal
Hi. I like logging the word documents I work on in my journal. However, word documents that I open as e-mail attachments also record in the journal (those that get filed in my "temporary internet files." I'd like those Word attachments NOT to be logged in my journal. I know there is a filter in viewing the journal. I would like a way to filter out those word documents from the "temporary internet files" folder. Thanks. Michelle ...

Exceptionally large files
I have found that Excel files for which I pivot tables and filters take up a lot of storage space. Is this normal? Obrigado Ronaldo It depends on what is in the file and what you mean by "a lot" of space. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Ronaldo" <hatidi@spam.zw> wrote in message news:OELbXU%230EHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I have found that Excel files for which I pivot tables and >filters take up a > lot of storage space. Is this normal? > > Obrigado > > Ronal...

GL figures
what really is the best practice method for brining in monthly GL figures so users can get comparative statements this year/lastyr. do you bring in all the old detail journals? or do you load via a maintenance or IM the historical balance for each month in some file. -- Linda W. Linda, You mean when you are starting up a new company? If so, unless someone needs the detail imported into GP for other reasons, I bring in a beginning balance and monthly net changes only. For example, let's say you're starting to use GP with January 2009, your fiscal year ends in December and y...

best tutorials for graphs ( line of best fit) for excel
What are the best tutorials for using excel for stastical analysis graphs and other graphs such as Line of best fit? Niccole: Here's a link to my chart gallery of Excel statistical charts. http://processtrends.com/TOC_chart_gallery.htm Here's a link to my page on trend analysis with Excel. This page shows several regression techniques that you can use with Excel. http://processtrends.com/toc_trend_analysis_with_Excel.htm Post back if you have more specific questions. Kelly O'Day koday at processtrends dot com "Niccole D" <Niccole D@discussions.microsoft....