Automatic login screen in Win7?

Win7 is constantly asking me to login in after a period of inactivity.  I
have gone to User Accounts, unchecked Users must login and put my user name
and password in the "Automatically login" dialog box.  Win7 still wants me
to login.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance... Bob

0
Bob

On 21/12/2009 00:38, Bob Newman wrote:
> Win7 is constantly asking me to login in after a period of inactivity.
> I have gone to User Accounts, unchecked Users must login and put my user
> name and password in the "Automatically login" dialog box. Win7 still
> wants me to login. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance... Bob

Uncheck Personalize/Screen Saver/On resume, show logon screen.

0
PTA
12/21/2009 12:41:30 AM

"PTA" <pta@no.spam> wrote in message
> On 21/12/2009 00:38, Bob Newman wrote:
>> Win7 is constantly asking me to login in after a period of inactivity.
>> I have gone to User Accounts, unchecked Users must login and put my user
>> name and password in the "Automatically login" dialog box. Win7 still
>> wants me to login. Any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks in advance... Bob
>
> Uncheck Personalize/Screen Saver/On resume, show logon screen.

Sreen Saver box shows I have no screen saver active therefore that box it
unchecked; HOWEVER that is not correct!  I do have a screen saver (the one
where text you type in "floats" across the screen and it is working fine!
The screen saver is not asking for the login.  It happens past that point.
When the computer has powered down or is booting up.

Bob

0
Bob
12/21/2009 1:06:13 AM
Bob,
try
Power options
Select power plan, change plan settings
change advanced power settings
the first item (plan setting name) expand
under it is 'Require a password on wakeup

Michael

"Bob Newman" <bobnewman@cox.net> wrote in message

> "PTA" <pta@no.spam> wrote in message
>> On 21/12/2009 00:38, Bob Newman wrote:
>>> Win7 is constantly asking me to login in after a period of inactivity.
>>> I have gone to User Accounts, unchecked Users must login and put my user
>>> name and password in the "Automatically login" dialog box. Win7 still
>>> wants me to login. Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance... Bob
>>
>> Uncheck Personalize/Screen Saver/On resume, show logon screen.
>>
> Sreen Saver box shows I have no screen saver active therefore that box it
> unchecked; HOWEVER that is not correct!  I do have a screen saver (the one
> where text you type in "floats" across the screen and it is working fine!
> The screen saver is not asking for the login.  It happens past that point.
> When the computer has powered down or is booting up.
>
> Bob

0
Michael
12/21/2009 6:14:58 AM
That looks like it probably is it but require password (both for plugged in
& battery) is dimmed out and I can't change it.

Bob

"Michael Walraven" <mexxwalraven@verizon.not> wrote in message
> Bob,
> try
> Power options
> Select power plan, change plan settings
> change advanced power settings
> the first item (plan setting name) expand
> under it is 'Require a password on wakeup
>
> Michael
>

> "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@cox.net> wrote in message
>>

>> "PTA" <pta@no.spam> wrote in message

>>> Uncheck Personalize/Screen Saver/On resume, show logon screen.
>>>
>> Sreen Saver box shows I have no screen saver active therefore that box it
>> unchecked; HOWEVER that is not correct!  I do have a screen saver (the
>> one where text you type in "floats" across the screen and it is working
>> fine! The screen saver is not asking for the login.  It happens past that
>> point. When the computer has powered down or is booting up.
>>
>> Bob

0
Bob
12/21/2009 8:54:05 PM
I found how to change it, it worked.  I love you (but don't tell my wife).

Thanks again... Bob

> That looks like it probably is it but require password (both for plugged
> in & battery) is dimmed out and I can't change it.
>
> Bob
>
> "Michael Walraven" <mexxwalraven@verizon.not> wrote in message
>> Bob,
>> try
>> Power options
>> Select power plan, change plan settings
>> change advanced power settings
>> the first item (plan setting name) expand
>> under it is 'Require a password on wakeup
>>
>> Michael
>>

>> "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@cox.net> wrote in message
>>>

>>> "PTA" <pta@no.spam> wrote in message

>>> Sreen Saver box shows I have no screen saver active therefore that box
>>> it unchecked; HOWEVER that is not correct!  I do have a screen saver
>>> (the one where text you type in "floats" across the screen and it is
>>> working fine! The screen saver is not asking for the login.  It happens
>>> past that point. When the computer has powered down or is booting up.
>>>
>>> Bob

0
Bob

Automatic CC

Automatic axis format

Adjusting to screen resolutions
I am looking for the best way to have a dialog based program scale up and down to fully file the screen for several different screen resolutions. I need to have the buttons stretch or compress so that the same number of buttons show in generally the same relative proportions. Since this is an embedded application I could set some flags and compile a different version depending on the targeted display, if I have to. I would like to avoid having multiple versions of the project to maintain. By the way would .net offer any help for this? Thanks On Thu, 31 May 2007 17:26:33 -0400,...

pictures wont show on screen or print in pub 2000
hi, I am using pub 2000, I scan a picture into paint shop pro and then clean it up crop it and then cut and paste into pub 2000 ready to print. Most times this works with no problems but occasionally the pic will take ages with the hourglass showing and no pic showing on the page on screen, and I does not print either. I save pics usually as .psp and .tif but even when I save these pics as .jpg they do not show up. I print lots of pics why is there a small number that I have trouble with? thanks for your assistance. -- Regards, Grant Walker. 13a Mellool St Barham 2732 Australia Go t...

CE6: How to Disable SIP popup automatically
Hi, I know SIP popup can be disabled by the following registry setting in CE5: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip] "TurnOffAutoDeploy"=dword:1 But It doesn't work in CE6. How to disable SIP auto-Popup in CE6? Thanks. Eric The SIP Auto Deploy in CE is due to Windows Controls invoke SHSipPreference (exported by AYGSHELL.DLL). So the easiest way is to avoid including AGYSHELL (SYSGEN_AYGSHELL) But if excluding AYGSHELL is not an option, you may need to modify the SHSipPreference (PRIVATE\SHELL\SHELLPSL\HAVEAYGSHELL\shellpsl.cpp) to supress SIP s...

Automatic Forward
How can I automatically forward messages received from a specific sender to another's e-mail person? Thanks, ...

Slow login
Hello. Great Plains Dynamics 8.0 SP2 on Windows XP SP2 connecting to SQL2000. I have one client PC that takes over 1 minute to login to Great Plains. After that, everything runs normally. The event logs have no errors, there are no other network issues that I can find. All other clients login within 10-15 seconds. What could be wrong? Where do I start? -Trevor We saw an issue with slow logins on certain companies in GP 8.0 SP2. We turned on the DexSql log and found that it was running a lookup that was taking a long time. I can not remember what it was looking up, but I seem ...

Automatic Database Backup
Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so how, or where, can I get information on this? Hi There are a few way to do this. I have windows scheuler doing this on all my databases (at 1 min past midnight each day). Open Scheduled Tasks (it's in the control panel). It's very simple and not likely to go wrong -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Ayo" wrote: > Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so > how, or where, can I get information on this? Thanks Wayne. So I take it that, there is no way t...

Automatically format charts with range of dates
What I am trying to do is I have 4 charts that are linked with data from another spreadsheet. They are basically week totals for my business and make a chart compared to say last year. What I want to do though is have an option on my report that I can enter in a specific date or a range of dates and have the charts automatically filter the new data in and change. Instead of having to go into the chart data and changing what series of data I want to have a chart for I want to be able to just enter eg. "April 12-April 18" and have the charts bring up that data to reflect the ...

automatic output from known data
i have 2 spreadsheets of data: 1=english, 2=metric each spreadsheet has 3 columns, with the first column being an ID #. on my output spreadsheet i have 4 blanks. in blank 1 i enter a "1" or "2" for english/metric in blank 2 i enter the ID # i want blanks 3 and 4 to automatically be filled with the other tw numbers from the id#'s row. DATA WORKSHEETS english 1 123.8 9.8 2 122.7 10.3 ... metric 1 1983 9.8 2 1965 10.3 ... OUTPUT WORKSHEET blank 1 = english <----- manual blank 2 = 1 <----- manual blank 3 = 123.8 <---- automatic blank 4 = 9.8 <---- automati ...

Insert date automatically
I have a column with values such as: 3/25 3/24 3/29 3/21 3/21 3/21 And wish to automatically add todays date if the value of the cell is blank in the mm/dd format. I have used an =If(Column:Column="",TODAY()) in a column next to it and formatted it in mm/dd to get the desired result. But how can I take this value (todays date) and insert it back into the original column automatically and without changing the other valuse? As always thank you! Rick Hi, Rick: Here's one way. Step 1 is to make a backup of your original file so you have a fallback in case something goes ...

How to automatic sort email into folder and download attachment
Hi, I have a surveillance camera which will send out email when it detect motion. I can receive hundreds of emails just from this camera in a single day, so it troublesome to read and click on each email just to download the attachment. When the outlook receive the email, I know how to sort it into a designated folder. But is there anyway it can automatically download the attachment (video file) into a folder without the email. (so that I can store the video file in a CD later on). Anyone can help me. Thank you. Nelson Chou I can receive hundreds of email just from...

Setting the Screen Resolution??
Is there an API function to do this in code? I need to have 1024 * 768. Take a look at ChangeDisplaySettings(...) AliR. "PeteOlcott" <PeteOlcott@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1187371137.649732.119450@l22g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > Is there an API function to do this in code? I need to have 1024 * 768. > You can, but it is generally considered a horribly tasteless thing to do. For example, if the user's display screen is an LCD screen, and its native resolution is NOT 1024*768, the results are often unreadable. There is terrible aliasing of pixels, an...

automatically
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0089_01C60228.AFA5BDA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi.. i used outlook express and now I am using outlook, but the contact = option is different from Outllok express. in outlook express when I = write a first character of one contact, outlook express complete the = address automatuically, in outlook 2003 no!! can i change this?? Can = outlook 2003 complete autoomatically my addresses?? Pls, help me! thks, Jane ------=_NextPart_000_0089_01C60228.AFA5B...

Tasks missing from screen (part 2)
My e-mail is cagey156@aol.com. Thanks ...

excel vba
i am trying to set up something in cell K5 whereby it will produce upo opening, a sequential number 1 higher than the last. I think the end code is Range("K5").Value + 1 but how do i set it up to get that sequencing -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi You need this event to run your code line when the workbook opens Private Sub Workbook_Open() With Sheets("sheet1") .Range("K5").Value = .Range("K5").Value + 1 End With End Sub Right click on the Excel icon next to file on the menu bar Choose view code The ThisWorkboo...

A bit lost of making automatic calculations :-(
Hi, I have already tried looking at help and cant really find what I want to do, or it could be that I just dont understand it. I am trying to make 2 automatic calculations in my main form. I have 4 fields... Net Value called "netvalue" Job Cost called "jobcost" Margin called "margin" and GP% called "GP" The first 3 are all set up as currency with the default setting showing £0.00, the GP is just a basic text box. What I want it to do is that when the Net Value and Job Cost is entered it automatically works out the Margin and GP for me and puts i...