alt.windows7.general

Windows 7 is Vista regurgitated.

But it now has it's own news group.

alt.windows7.general (uncensored)
0
Canuck57

Canuck57 wrote this, with guidance from inner voices:

> Windows 7 is Vista regurgitated.
>
> But it now has it's own news group.
>
> alt.windows7.general (uncensored)

Just couldn't leave them in peace, could ya?

--
Vita brevis breviter in brevi finietur,
Mors venit velociter quae neminem veretur.

0
Death
11/17/2009 2:56:17 AM
Canuck57 wrote:
> Windows 7 is Vista regurgitated.
>
> But it now has it's own news group.
>
> alt.windows7.general (uncensored)

You're drunk...again?
Figures!
0
Frank
11/17/2009 3:00:54 AM

"Canuck57" <Canuck57@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Windows 7 is Vista regurgitated.

JUST FYI - WINDOWS 7 IS POLYUNSATURATED.  JUST FYI.  HAS BEEN FOR MONTHS
NOW.

> But it now has it's own news group.

YOU SHOULD CHECK INTO THE NEAREST CLINIC.  SPEAK WITH THE HEAD NURSE.

> alt.windows7.general (uncensored)

TAKE YOUR MEDICATION.

0
Kevin

Character code for ALT-ENTER
Hi All, I am extracting data from excel and I need to know if the data has been wrapped by setting the cell properties. I have been told that excel uses ALT-ENTER to put a soft break in a line. Can anyone tell me what character code this will equate to? TIA Peter Peter Longstaff wrote: > I have been told that excel uses ALT-ENTER to put a soft break in a line. > > Can anyone tell me what character code this will equate to? The character is still the Enter key, but it's sent to the application via WM_SYSKEYDOWN and WM_SYSCHAR messages. -- Regards, Tobias Tobias G´┐Żntne...

general question re jpg files
I have no problem opening jpg files when they reside in an e-mail message or even in a folder in 'Computer'. My problem is this, when I go to open a jpg file on my Desktop, nothing happens until I right click and 'Open with' and then make a choice. What don't I understand here. I'm running Vista Home Premium, SP2 and up to date with the lastest WU. Thanks, Dave Horne "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote: >I have no problem opening jpg files when they reside in an e-mail message or >even in a folder in 'Computer'. My pr...

How do you enter Unicode characters that don't have a Alt-nnnn shortcut?
I have a need to enter a range of non-English names into a combo box on a form in an Access 2003 application. Sometimes this requires the use of accented characters that do not appear on a UK keyboard. If I refer to the Windows XP Character Map facility (charmap,.exe) then I can see that many such foreign characters have been allocated an Alt-nnnn code that is displayed at the bottom right of the Character Map acreen. This makes it easy to enter these characters. However, many other characters have not been given an Alt-nnnn keyboard shortcut. They only have a U-FFFF code, displayed at...

General placement of CRM in enterprise
I am investingating MS CRM for my business. We are looking to replace a in-house developed system that handles sales and account management. This includes initial contacts, sales (registrations) and payments and account balances. There are a number of transactions, such as cancellations, transfers, discounts etc. that we would need to handle. I have been having a hard time defining exactly what MS CRM will do from the standard web sites. Where is the documentation, etc.? Thank you for any help you can provide. Tom ...

ALT+... and CTR+ALT+DEL
Hello Guys, I know this question has been asked many times, sorry for asking again. How can I block CTRL+ALT+DEL, ALT+F4, ALT+SPACE, CTRL+SPACE and virtually all combinations that could, for instance, call some of Windows UI features, like CTR+ESC? I would like to do it "legally", i.e. without using undocumented methods - application should work fine on Win XP, Win 2K and Win 98 machines as well. First of all, is it possible without using DirectInput from DirectX libs? I'm working on MFC application that should be strong enough to block students (this is a kind of testing/teach...

What does ALT-enter do in Excel?
I am college student taking a Intro computer class . Need advice Inserts a line feed into text in a cell. this is some text Alt + Enter this is some more Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:58:01 -0700, Rodney55 <Rodney55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am college student taking a Intro computer class . Need advice BTW for future............... Excel help under "keyboard shortcuts" gives you the complete list. Gord On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 15:01:33 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote: >Inserts a line feed into text in a cel...

Alt-F6
I just uninstalled and reinstalled Excel 2003. Before, when I had multiple Excel files open, I could move between them swiftly within Excel using Alt-F6. But now, Alt-F6 is not working. All I can do is use Alt-Tab, which is more time-consuming, as I must move between EVERYTHING in all programs open. How do I get Alt-F6 to work in Excel again? hi on my 2003, Alt + F6 swithches to the vb editor provided the vb editor is open. Ctrl + F6 switches between xl windows. Regards FSt1 "Mike Row Soft" wrote: > I just uninstalled and reinstalled Excel 2003. Before, whe...

Control panel>mail>general>The following profiles..........
Hi there, MS Windows XP Home Edition Version 5.1 (build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435 : service pack 3) copyright 2007 Control panel>mail>general>The following profiles are set up on this computer: (as per attachment) What details should I enter, I used to be able to send web pages by email (file>send>page by email, etc.) but it stopped out of the blue for some reason. Many thanks Steve Those options do not relate to each other or are you saying that you no longer have Outlook configured with a mail account at all on your system? The d...

Disable ALT + Enter combination
I am trying to disable the ALT + Enter shortcut key combination. I was able to set up a Macro named AUTOKEYS, however, I am receiving an error message stating 'Invalid Syntax or key combination is not allowed' when using %{ENTER} or %~. Does anyone know of a way to disable this combination? Thanks ...

General question about spam blacklists
This is not an Exchange-specific question, more a general SMTP question, hoping an expert reads and replies. The company I work for (and administer the Exchange server for) has a contract with an vendor to provide a web-based appointment setting program. Clients go to the site, set an appointment to meet with us, and receive an e-mail confirming their appointment. The e-mail says its from my domain, but it doesn't actually ever touch my server- it's relayed from the vendor's mailserver with my domain as the reply-to address. The vendor is worried that the volume of mail...

RM Error: General failure in scheduling engine
Good day! It seems my installation of CRM 3.0 was ok. I did not come across any errors, but I have landed with this annoying error; CRM Error: General failure in scheduling engine. Is crops up when viewing the Service Calendar and any acvtivity involving a calendar function. Is there anyone who could shine some light on this problem, or have a cure? Any help would be welcome. Ralph Lehmann Hi Ralph, I ain´t got this failure yet, but I got also a problem with some kind of calendar (creating a new item from within outlook won´t work) and so I searched around a bit. maybe this...

Assertion failure in ALT+TAB functionality
Hi, I am creating a dynamic child window, derived from class CDialog and destroying it(by calling EndDialog) in WM_KILLFOCUS message handler of the child itself. This works properly when the focus is lost by mouse selection of other window. But it gives as assertion failure in CWnd::RunModalLoop when the focus is lost by ALT+TAB. Any solution regarding this problem? Regards, Hari Kishore. >I am creating a dynamic child window, derived from class >CDialog and destroying it(by calling EndDialog) in >WM_KILLFOCUS message handler of the child itself. This >works properly w...

running a Sub in a class module from a functionin a general module
If I have a sub in the module for a form named frmActivity which contains a procedure named Sub cmd_close_form_Click() is there a way to call that Sub and run the procedure from a function in a general module? Thanks in advance, Paul "Paul" <begone@spam.com> wrote in message news:%23E1556FqKHA.5840@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > If I have a sub in the module for a form named frmActivity which contains > a procedure named > > Sub cmd_close_form_Click() > > is there a way to call that Sub and run the procedure from a function in...

Excel, how do I get ALT F C to work the same as ALT F Enter C ?
The above is an example, but it aplies to any menu. Before, if I pressed say, ALT F, the drop down menu would appear and I could press, say, C and get to the submenu. Now I have to press Enter, before the C, which is a bother. Thanks. On my Windows 2000 version 5.00.2195 with Excel '97 and Excel 2003 the Alt F C still works. What version software / Excel are you using? -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059 View this thread: http://www....

alt + code
I want to type in excel the sommation simbol, using an alt code, which is the keyboord shortcut? alt228 -- Greetings from New Zealand "Antunes" <pedro.g.antunes@gmail.com> wrote in message news:75668a8e-a9a7-4347-a607-2bf3d86ad5ef@c36g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... >I want to type in excel the sommation simbol, using an alt code, which > is the keyboord shortcut? On Apr 15, 10:17=A0am, "Bill Kuunders" <bill.kuund...@xtra.co.nz> wrote: > alt228 > > -- > Greetings from New Zealand"Antunes" <pedro.g.antu...@gmail....

Ctrl+Del+Alt video
OK, this is a weird question: I am looking for wheree the reminder of how to use ctrl+alt+del is on my XP system. If you mistpye the ctrl+alt+del on XP Pro, there is a small window with a video(animated gif??) that will pop up and show you how to type it. I would like to use that for training purposes, but cannot find it anywhere on my system. Any help would be appreciated. firstly, you can try to type that fragmented sentence. however, they are the title of keys on the keyboard. you would press those keys in unison in order to pull up the task manager. ------------ ...

Alt
Altsex4fun Online dating site altsex4fun www.altsex4fun.com recently abandoned its paid model and is experiencing explosive growth since becoming 100% free.This is the new reality . The industry is becoming increasingly crowded day by day, AdWords CPC's keep going up and up and up. It's a recipe for disaster for those sites thinking they can rely on their subscription models. Altsex4fun now relies entirely on Google's AdSense program to provide revenue and the results so far have surprised the Altsex4fun team. AdSense is performing well above our expectations. We will explore othe...

CRM Numeric Fields change to General when exported out to Excel
Hello, I have exported to Excel a set of Invoice Records (Invoices This Month) When I open the Excel file, I notice that the Number type fields in CRM have now been changed to the General type field. Is there a way to fix this? Hey Kathy, Excel doesn't retain CRM data types. When you export a CRM View, it's as if you do a Paste Special --> Values. A simple workaround is to export the view as a Dynamic Worksheet or PivotTable, then set your formatting. The PivotTable or Worksheet will refresh with the proper formatting each time you open the workbook. "kathyc" wr...

General portio sample problem
Hi, I have a problem with the sample in the 7600.16385.0 WDK, I get Code39 error. What should i do? btw i would like to write a driver to our old ISA card. Thanks in advance. András Code 39 indicates the device is not properly configured did you modify the genport.inx file to reflect the legal ranges of ports for your card? See the lines [PortIO.LC0] and [PortIO.LC1] in the file for where you need to make modifications. -- Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD) Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting Website: http://www.windrvr.com Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDr...

Exchange 2k and 5.0.0 smtp;General communication/undefined
Hi guys, Im using exchange 2k sp3 on a 2k server sp4 , Im getting this error from mail mail server more and more often and i cant figure out why he is having such trouble sending email , so im wondering if you guys know what could cause those errors ! here is the detail error : The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. < eSafe@polyform.com #5.0.0 smtp;General communication/undefined error> thanks a lot in advance ! Fred ...

Alt Key
Hello: I'm writing a program that shows the decimal value of a pressed key and various other aspects about the key such as, was the shift key pressed, was the alt key pressed, is it an extended key. My problem is that MFC traps the message when the Alt key is pressed so I don't get a chance to handle it. Also a beep is generated. I deleted my menu so it maps to nothing, how do I tell MFC to stop trapping the Alt key combination? Thank you, Dan WM_SYSKEYDOWN joe On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:07:05 -0800, "Uranium-235" <Uranium235@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

General Technical Questions
I know very little about CRM at this point and am looking for general technical information to begin researching a CRM implementation. Articles such as what types of problems to expect and what technical capabilities I should prepare for. Thanks, Cliff Have you tried the core documentation provided by microsoft and searching key words such as installation, migration, server, etc. here in the forum? That's where I started and there is a lot of info out here. Google CRM blogs worked well too. On Jan 11, 11:06 pm, "Cliff Davis" <cdavis.no....@wcdavis.net> wrote: > ...

Credit memos / negative quantities on invoices/orders in general
Greetings, I am using the CRM SDK to create invoices and orders in CRM from a backend ERP system. It seems that the SDK will not allow any negative or zero dollar amount or quantity to be saved to either invoices or orders. Invoices are a more substantial problem for me since our customers want to run some simple sales reports from CRM directly and without credit memo's, the reports cannot be accurate. Am I doing something wrong with the SDK or is there some configuration in CRM itself that would allow the credits to be loaded? Regards, --Paul Galvin ISSG I had a similar p...

Windows7 and new motherboard or hard drive
Can you use the same retail copy of Windows 7 to do a re-install if you get a new motherboard or hard drive? I am not clear on this licience thing with Microsoft. Thank you, David titus12 wrote: > Can you use the same retail copy of Windows 7 to do a re-install if you get > a new motherboard or hard drive? I am not clear on this licience thing with > Microsoft. Well, you should ask in the Win7 newsgroup, rather than the WinXP one. I've changed several hard drives and motherboards on my XP system, and it never asked for a reactivation. I expect Win7 is th...

Handling Ctrl+Alt+Del
I have made a client - server application for a CyberCafe in which a user must log in to my application to gain access to a terminal. Although my application window is on the top of all other windows and cannot be minimised, the user can still press Ctrl+Alt+Del and choose "End Task" to end my application. Is there any way that I can prevent this from happening? Thanks... You could have the app running in as a service so it starts up in the system acount this will stop even an adminstrator from being able to terminate the service. "Animesh Rawal" <anonymous@disc...