Adobe Reader in Vista

When ever I try to open an Adobe file when I am on the internet, it tells me
I need Adobe  Reader 9 or above which I already have and  I have installed
all the updates.  I do not have an earlier version on my computer either to
uninstall.  Don't know where else to post this message.  Could anyone help
please.

Margaret

0
Margaret

"Margaret Upton" <margaretupton@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> When ever I try to open an Adobe file when I am on the internet, it tells me I need Adobe  Reader
> 9 or above which I already have and  I have installed all the updates.  I do not have an earlier
> version on my computer either to uninstall.  Don't know where else to post this message.  Could
> anyone help please.
>
> Margaret

It might be a setting in Adobe reader.
Open Adobe Reader 9 and on the menu bar > Edit >Preferences.
On the Internet page I have all three boxes ticked.
Also have a look in Internet Explorer's add-ons (assuming you use IE).
Open Internet Explorer > Tools > Manage Add-ons.
There should be an Adobe PDF link helper, which should be enabled.

0
Dave
8/2/2010 10:34:53 AM
From: "Margaret Upton" <margaretupton@btinternet.com>

< snip >

http://forums.adobe.com

--
Dave

David
8/2/2010 10:47:09 AM
Thank you for replying, have just gone into the settings and they are all as
you suggested, so it cannot be any of those.  Grateful for your suggestions,
sorry they have not worked.

Margaret

"Dave-UK" <Here@Home.com> wrote in message

> "Margaret Upton" <margaretupton@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> When ever I try to open an Adobe file when I am on the internet, it tells
>> me I need Adobe  Reader 9 or above which I already have and  I have
>> installed all the updates.  I do not have an earlier version on my
>> computer either to uninstall.  Don't know where else to post this
>> message.  Could anyone help please.
>>
>> Margaret
>
> It might be a setting in Adobe reader.
> Open Adobe Reader 9 and on the menu bar > Edit >Preferences.
> On the Internet page I have all three boxes ticked.
> Also have a look in Internet Explorer's add-ons (assuming you use IE).
> Open Internet Explorer > Tools > Manage Add-ons.
> There should be an Adobe PDF link helper, which should be enabled.

0
Margaret
8/2/2010 5:33:20 PM
Thank you will see if I can find the solution on the forum.

Margaret

> From: "Margaret Upton" <margaretupton@btinternet.com>
>
> < snip >
>
> | Don't know where else to post this message.  Could anyone help please.
>

> http://forums.adobe.com
>

> --
> Dave
> Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

0
Margaret

windows Mail (Vista)
When I click on READ MAIL on IE 7.0 The mail inbox window does not open full view, it shows upat the very bottom of the page. When I click on it then it will open. How do I set it up so that I get it to go full screen when I initially click on Read Mail ? Never had this problem with XP.......... Thanks Hi George, This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website is not all that clear and may have misdirected you. I suggest re-posting your question to one of the newsgroups in this listing: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroup...

Adobe
Which editions of Adobe Acrobat will enable the emailing of PDFs? I know Adobe Acrobat Professional will (that's what we use), but my client wants to spend as little as possible. Both the Standard and Elements editions can create PDF documents. ------=_NextPart_0001_06E71395 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, The requirement for emailing reports as PDF files from Microsoft Dynamics is any Adobe Acrobat edition which has either Acrobat Distiller or PDFWriter. Visit the following url for an Adobe product comparison - http://www.adobe.com/product...

Vista 64 and Money 2006
Will Money 2006 install and operate on Vista 64? I'd like to upgrade computers and will likely decide to install the 64b version of Vista. I've had a report that 2002 does, but not tried it myself. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "W'" <W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5E6D1CD-23AD-40DA-9D41-6CAC0C922191@m...

cd/ dvd not working vista and win7
This may be in the wrong area hopefully an admin may be able to assist Hey, i've had this problem for 2 days pretty much solid CD/DVD drive not showing / registering and blatently just not working although it will open and close. what i have found is after many swearwords.. and trolling forums after attempting to colour code my cases, ( nothing worse than a cream dvd drive in a black case) Firstly with the Vista Machine basically added 1 and failed miserably didnt register at all. to get the cd / dvd to register after a swap out, i added another cd drive, so thats 2...

Email a worksheet in Vista
How can I email one worksheet from a workbook in Vista? In XP it asks if you want to send the whole workbook or the sheet as the body to an email..... I want to sent a sheet as the body to an email..... help please You must add this option to the QAT See how here http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm The name = "Send to Mail Recepient" -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "TechnoGram" <mumzee3@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:97032e0d-af7e-45e1-91e6-1908742f478a@l22g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > How can I email one worksh...

TDI_EVENT_RECEIVE_DATAGRAM callcack missing on vista
Hi Guys, I have a TDI client driver that works just fine on windows XP. I get the UCP/TCP event notifications and everything is fine. But when it comes to Windows vista or later, I don't have the UDP part working? When I analyzed more, I am not getting TDI_EVENT_RECEIVE_DATAGRAM registered callbacks. Is there a known problem if TDI drivers working on Vista. Any help would greatly help. nani ...

MS CRM v3c, Vista, Office '07, IE7
Everything seems to be working except when I click on the "View in CRM" button in the CRM ribbon w/in a Task Window. It sends the request to the browser, opens the browser/tab instance but the contact doesn't load? The URL is: "http://crm//_root/stage.aspx" but the page is blank. This worked with same config only with WinXP. The ribbon button shows the regarding contact correctly, just doesn't load the contact page correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Are you using the Desktop client or the Laptop (offline) client? If you are using the des...

Moving to Windows Mail with Vista
How do I go about setting up the new email with a Vista operating system? I've been unable to find help anywhere. "Edward Boll" <boll082077@msn.com> wrote in message news:%234m$UKVHLHA.1868@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How do I go about setting up the new email with a Vista operating system? > I've been unable to find help anywhere. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish Cheri That depends on who your mail service provider is. You get the correct mail server names and setting...

Java autoupdate in Vista
I've read that in Vista, there is no way to turn off Autoupdate in Java SE. With XP you could do it in Control Panel. I have Vista with the latest Java SE. I could find nothing in Control Panel. There is no Java icon in the System Tray - if there was, I could set up the autoupdates from there. Is there still no way to turn off the Java Autoupdate in Vista? It's possible I will have to wait for an update and then the system tray icon will appear. On Feb 24, 6:16=A0pm, Richard Fangnail <richardfangn...@excite.com> wrote: > I've read that in Vista, there is ...

In todays world pdf is an important format BUT adobe makes our lifes complicated...
Hey, I;m using PDFMaker 5.0 and i need to automate the conversion to pdf, I am currently printing to a pdf file, the problem is its asking me for a file name every time, how do i bypass this prompt ? from vba I would like to specify a name and save the file. Can someone please help ?? Regards, Alexandre use _ACCESS_ in order to make your reports; and then just view with snapshot viewer-- it is included with Office installation. Adobe is too stupid to make reliable products. Sorry. -Aaron aaron.kempf@gmail.com wrote... >use _ACCESS_ in order to make your reports; and then just vie...

How to get rid of adobe
I have Outlook 2003 on WinXP. I also have Adobe Acrobat 6. Every time I want to create a new e-mail message, and annoying Attach as Adobe pdf icon appears on a toolbar that fills up a full extra line, thereby reducing my working screen area. Although I can make it go away through View | Toolbars | uncheck Adobe open the Attach as Adobe pdf toolbar, it comes back with the very next new message. I.e., getting rid of it doesn't get rid of it even during the time I have Outlook open. Is there some way to get rid of this unwanted, annoying-but-persistent feature? Thanks. -- Bob In news:ba...

Adobe Reader in Vista
When ever I try to open an Adobe file when I am on the internet, it tells me I need Adobe Reader 9 or above which I already have and I have installed all the updates. I do not have an earlier version on my computer either to uninstall. Don't know where else to post this message. Could anyone help please. Margaret "Margaret Upton" <margaretupton@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:4C4D2E8F-9E18-4F54-96E5-E1A93D452C97@microsoft.com... > When ever I try to open an Adobe file when I am on the internet, it tells me I need Adobe Reader > 9 or ...

Can only print ~3 pages from Excel to Adobe pdf #2
I've got a 30+ page Excel workbook, with 23 sheets that I want to print to a pdf. I select all those 23 sheets, then do File / Print / <select Adobe PDF> / OK. It almost immediately comes up with the "Save PDF File As" dialog. If I click save, it only saves three pages. If I keep clicking save (or cancel) it staggers through it, wiping out the previous pdf and re-creating it with only two or three pages at a time. This happens whether or not I've clicked Printer / Properties and de-selected "View Adobe PDF results" and/or "Prompt for Adobe PDF ...

On-going issue w/word 2000 and Vista home Premium
About a month ago, after working perfectly for over a year Word 2000 in Office 2000 Pro stopped working. I uninstalled, re-installed Office Pro several times, removed all the recent updates from Windows Update, and finally after many hours of trying all of the fixes I found in MS and on the net and posting here and elsewhere, got Word to work (kinda). 1. I cannot open a word doc from windows explorer but all works when I open the program 1st (many of the fixes for this issue revolve around Office 2007 and Windows7 not Office 2000 Professional and Vista 2. When I try to open Word,...

Adobe flash player
I have updated and downloaded Adobe Flash player but cannot get it to run, no matter what I try. It was working a few weeks ago but suddenly won't play any movies. I am using Vista and Mozilla firefox. I have tried all the settings and finally got a box that said I need to set permission, allow all, but there is no instructions on how to get there, nor can I find any help in getting the program to work. Any help, comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank jerry.nh@verizon.net Why are you asking that question in a forum dedicated to the Windows = Mail...

vista networking
Hi I have 2 machines one with vista home premium and the other with vista ultimate that I need to network to a WIN2000 server. When I try to map the network drive, vista insists on putting the computer name in front of the username, and so I am refused log-on. I have tried set a login credential username/password in vista ultimate (home version wont let me do this). The credential is accepted, but when I try to map the network drive vista STILL adds the computer name. PLESE PLEASE can someone tell me how to stop this so that I can log onto my server? Why does progress alway...

Barcode Reader for Pharma Company
Hi, I'm looking for a Barcode solution to be applied to a pharma wholesale distributor company. The barcode given by Supplier is different from the barcode they use. What they want is when they receive the shipment, they scan the barcode of supplier and should detect the Item code and also create a barcode for the item based on their price list. Moreover, they use lots for the batch numbers. Thanks Janakiram +973 39475299 Janakiram, It may need some customizations but its doable, I did such solution to one of our customers but not sure if could be used at your customer end. Drop me ...

Issue using WNetAddConnection2 on Vista
I am using WNetAddConnection2 on vista. For the most part it works fine. However, I am getting a failure when trying to connect to a server. Even though, I am absolutely certain the password is correct, it fails with ERROR_INVALID_PASSWORD. If I add the interactive flag to the API, it will prompt me to enter the password again and this time, it will go ahead and create the mapping fine and as expected. I read about another posting as to how WNetAddConnection2 fails when connecting across untrusted domains. Has anyone else seen this kind of an issue? Thanks. ...

Vista and Novell, with Office 2007 SP1?
Just wondering if anyone here with Vista on a Novell network had installed SP1 for Office 2007 yet. There were serious issues with Vista+Novell+Office 2007 before the new Novell client for Vista was released in June/July, and didn't know if changes in Office 2007 SP1 brought some of those back. I've received no answer from Novell on this. Anyone have such a setup? -- __________________________________________________________________________________ Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all) What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/ Microsoft ...

Adobe.CS3.Master.Collection.MAC.OSX.UB 4DVD, Adobe.Premiere.Pro.CS3.MAC 1DVD, QuarkXPress.7.3.Passport.MAC 1CD,
Adobe.CS3.Master.Collection.MAC.OSX.UB 4DVD, Adobe.Premiere.Pro.CS3.MAC 1DVD, QuarkXPress.7.3.Passport.MAC 1CD, Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/August/17, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail loa210@mail.gr , loa210@mailbox.gr , -------------------------------------------------------- DFT Super Bundle for Apple Final Cut Pro, 4 CDs The DFT Super Bundle includes full versions of: 55mm, Digital Film Lab, Composite Suite,...

Need to save at Pub Ver 8.0 in Adobe Illustrator to get screen pre
Hello all. Running Adobe Illustrator CS and Publisher 2003. We are running into an issue where Publisher cannot display imported CS2 EPS files from Illustrator. We have to bring them down to version 8.0 in order to get a screen preview of imported artwork. Any ideas? Pieces of an EPS graphic may appear to be missing on the preview screen in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827303 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Paul S." <Paul S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Find the Windows Sidebar under Vista/7 using FindWindow(Ex)
What is the caption of the Windows Sidebar and what is it's class as I am having trouble using Spy++ to find that info. -- ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org On 10/08/2010 14:44, Leo wrote: > What is the caption of the Windows Sidebar and what is it's class as I > am having trouble using Spy++ to find that info. For what purpose? The sidebar in Window 7 does not have a single window. For each Gadget, there is a root window of class "SideBar_HTMLHostWindow" with no caption w...

Issues in Vista
I have a large database which was started in Access 2K and has since been updated to an Access 2003 file. Recently, our office got a couple of Vista computers installed, and thats where my troubles begin. After installing the runtime version of Access with my database, many of the reports simply don't work. There are frequent errors and much of the code doesn't seem to execute. AND Generally, when I make updates or significant changes to the frontend, I just replace the .mdb file in the install folder with the new .mdb. When I do this in Vista, it bizarrely doesn't ...

vista compatability
is vista compatible with windows live messenger? i looked in system requirements/operating systems - no vista? "greenbean" <pennycraig@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:42C8D756-52F9-44A8-BFD2-3DE233024AC4@microsoft.com... > is vista compatible with windows live messenger? i looked in system > requirements/operating systems - no vista? The answer is yes (to the latest versions) but if you want more detail, you'll need to ask in one of those newsgroups which are appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database p...

Converting files to Adobe PDF, or Printing to Adobe PDF.
Access 2003, Adobe Professional 7.0.9 (most current updates, also reinstalled).When I try to convert certain reports to adobe pdf, I get an error message that simply says: Adobe PDF printer failed to create the PDF file. No way of diagnosing that one... when I Print to PDF, I get a notepad output file that states the below pasted text. I will try updating my access, but I can convert &/or print all my other reports to pdf, just not certian ones. I am wondering if I need to change settings on a certain field, but for the life of me, I cannot diagnose what is failing to PDF on this one r...