Adding Programs to Systray

I have some programs I would like to run and leave open but I don't want
them to reside on the taskbar.  These programs do not normally reside in the
systray but I was wondering if there was a way to make them do that.  Any
ideas??

Ted Smith

0
Ted

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 10:29:35 -0600, "Ted Smith" <me@mynet.net> wrote:

> I have some programs I would like to run and leave open but I don't want
> them to reside on the taskbar.  These programs do not normally reside in the
> systray but I was wondering if there was a way to make them do that.  Any
> ideas??

There is third-party software that can do that for you. I have no
experience with any, so I won't recommend one, but do an internet
search to find some.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
0
Ken
1/28/2010 6:05:11 PM
Great!  Thank you.

"Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
> On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 10:29:35 -0600, "Ted Smith" <me@mynet.net> wrote:
>
>> I have some programs I would like to run and leave open but I don't want
>> them to reside on the taskbar.  These programs do not normally reside in
>> the
>> systray but I was wondering if there was a way to make them do that.  Any
>> ideas??
>

> There is third-party software that can do that for you. I have no
> experience with any, so I won't recommend one, but do an internet
> search to find some.
>
> --
> Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003
> Please Reply to the Newsgroup

0
Ted
1/28/2010 7:56:42 PM
On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 13:56:42 -0600, "Ted Smith" <me@mynet.net> wrote:

> Great!  Thank you.

You're welcome. Glad to help.

> "Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
> > On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 10:29:35 -0600, "Ted Smith" <me@mynet.net> wrote:
> >
> >> I have some programs I would like to run and leave open but I don't want
> >> them to reside on the taskbar.  These programs do not normally reside in
> >> the
> >> systray but I was wondering if there was a way to make them do that.  Any
> >> ideas??
> >

> > There is third-party software that can do that for you. I have no
> > experience with any, so I won't recommend one, but do an internet
> > search to find some.
> >
> > --
> > Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003
> > Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
0
Ken

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

E-mail preview programs
9-Sep-06 I use two e-mail preview programs - they both are not 100% accurate although they used to be. I receive � 100 messages per day. (I've been using PCs since the early '90s and was not careful at first 'cause I didn't know better.) Luckily, the preview programs make it easy to delete junk. The first program is MailWasher Pro. The second is not really a program but a web site: that of Adelphia, my ISP. My e-mail program is MS Outlook. Let's say a preview program indicates that I have 60 e-mail messages. I delete 50 of them, leaving me 10 messages. Then I ...

ADDING A NUMBER

When adding attachments...

adding new records

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Adding alternate columns

Adding fields from a different query

ost2pst program--does anyone have a key code?
Thanks! Don't think that you will find that here, but here is a question for you that might help down the road. Do you still have access to an exchange server where you can build a new profile (w/ new ost) file? The reason that I ask is there is a way to fool Outlook into opening an orphaned OST w/out resorting to using a 3rd party program like ost2pst. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "xx" <x@x.com> wrote in message news:eovNzU9wDHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Thanks! > > Tha...

installation programs
Hi We have an MFC program and we currently use Wise (old version) for the installation program. It works reasonably well but we want to change to a more up-to-date installation system. Is there anything using Visual Basic or VBScript so I dont have to learn yet another scripting language :) Any advice or information will be much appreciated Phil Why not use Visual Studio/Windows Installer? It can run VBScripts in custom actions; you can create a VB (or C# or C++) installation DLL that will implement the 4 stock custom actions provided by Visual Studio, or you can implement hand...

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...

Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form
We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is approximately 4-5 pages long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of text to a GP form? Thank you in advance. Scott No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this. The best solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer - www.accountable.com. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East...

seek better program to replace Outlook
We operate a small California business and email is essential to our communication to customers, clients, and suppliers. We use Microsoft Windows XP Professional and Outlook 2002. We seek a better pop3 email solution. Which program do you recommend and why? Thank you very much. I may have answered this before, but I think you have to ask yourself what you want from an email client, then do your searches... All in all, Outlook 2003 is very good... >-----Original Message----- >We operate a small California business and email is essential to our >communication to customers, cl...

Adding Collapse/Expand to Publisher 2003 items
Hi I'm trying to enter a text box which may be expanded/Collapsed as follows: > More Info... > Next Item... > More Info... When you want bla bla bla, do bla bla bla, > Next Item... Can anyone tell me how to implement it?! Thank you 'bla bla bla' is the sound of geckos mating - so the naturalists tell me. No, you cannot do what you want. Your answer is rude & arrogant. I don't know why would anyone put you in a position to Accept calls for help. Besides - I don't believe it can't be done. Please don't call again "*...

Office programs going into "not responding" state
I have Office XP Professional installed on a relatively new laptop (8 Months old) which is running Win Vista Home Premium. All (office programs) hav run successfully until recently. A few weeks ago - working in Outlook - with no provocation I suddenly had an 'hourglass' running - and an "Outlook not responding" message in the title bar. Within a fw seconds, the application slightly greys -out with the 'hourglass' still spinning - and the entire thing is non-responsive - only way out is to close the app.. This only effected Outlook until yesterday - but ha...

adding lines to added data
I have added data to an existing worksheet but when printed the row lines and column border lines do not show. How do I add the lines to the added border to match the existing lines? ...

Adding 1 year's difference to user's input of yyyy-yyyy?
If a user inputs 2000-2001, or 2007-2008, is there a way to formulaically have the cell underneath increase by one year? i.e., if in B2 the user input, say, 2005-2006, B3 would show 2006-2007 and B4 would show 2007-2008, etc. down the column? Thank you! :oD Try this: =IF(B2="","",VALUE(LEFT(B2,4))+1 &"-"& VALUE(RIGHT(B2,4))+1) and copy down the column for as many as you need. Hope this helps. Pete On May 29, 3:16 pm, "StargateFanFromWork" <NoS...@NoJunk.com> wrote: > If a user inputs 2000-2001, or 2007-2008, is there a way t...

adding new users in AD but not Exchange
How do we change the defaults when adding a new user, to not have "Create an Exchange mailbox" as the default? We are rolling out Exchange, but not to all new users at this time. -- Greg Stigers, MCSA remember to vote for the answers you like Create the users from a box that doesn't have the Exchange admin tools installed? "Greg Stigers, MCSA" <gregstigers+wmsn@spamcop.net> wrote in message news:ee4tHm0LFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How do we change the defaults when adding a new user, to not have "Create > an Exchange mailbox" as ...

Multiple vlookup and adding values together
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to find a way to locate all categories in a table that says for ex &quot;good.&quot; Each of these have a number associated to them which I am trying to add together. <br><br>So lets say my table has ten rows of data, three of those rows have a column that is termed &quot;good.&quot; So what I want that to do is then take those three rows with &quot;good&quot; and add the numeric values together that are entered in another column which are each of those three rows...