.NET Framework 1.1

I have Vista Home Basic. In the Control Panel\Programs and Features I find:

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SPI	Microsoft Corporation

Under Publisher there is nothing in the fist. Is it OK? Should I
redownload it? Also, do I need both of them?

Also, in Control Panel\Windows Update\View Update History, I see that

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

has failed, and was not tried again.

Should I download it manually?

Thanks,

emf

--
It ain't THAT, babe! - A radical reinterpretation
https://files.nyu.edu/emf202/public/bd/itaintmebabe.html

"Eustace" <emfril@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have Vista Home Basic. In the Control Panel\Programs and Features I
> find:
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SPI Microsoft Corporation
>
> Under Publisher there is nothing in the fist. Is it OK? Should I
> redownload it? Also, do I need both of them?
>
> Also, in Control Panel\Windows Update\View Update History, I see that
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
>
> has failed, and was not tried again.
>
> Should I download it manually?
>
> Thanks,
>
> emf
>
> --
> It ain't THAT, babe! - A radical reinterpretation
> https://files.nyu.edu/emf202/public/bd/itaintmebabe.html

Do you know when or why .NET 1.1 was installed on your machine? If you
don't, it was probably installed as a requirement for some software you have
installed. If you remove it, whatever software you have that needs it will
cease to function.

As far as the .NET service pack 1 is concerned, you can manually download it
and try a local install.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8f5654f-088e-40b2-bbdb-a83353618b38&DisplayLang=en

0
PvdG42

ASPX "Page Cannot be Displayed" After 1 Hr
Hi, I have a ASPX Page which imports a high quantity of data on the server, but exactly after 1Hr of execution, the page shows "Page Cannot Be Displayed", the data is still getting imported in the background, i tried increasing the sessionTimeOut as well. Can Anyone please suggest any solution for this ...

CRM 1.2 Letter content limited to 2000 chars
Hi all, When I attempt to create a new letter activity for an account, after I paste (or type) the content of the letter and tab out the field IE says I've been reached the field limit (2000) and it will be truncated. Looking in the database we can see this field is memo ( NTEXT ) which is far larger than 2000 bytes. I really can't document customer letters with only 2000 bytes. Why CRM is being so strict on this field? Is there any configuration to change that? PS: If possible reply also to my company e-mail: wrios@tecnotrends.com.br Thanks in advance, Wendell. You can edit ...

Best Access to ASP.NET converster
Does anybody know what would the best Microsoft Access to ASP.NET converter is? Thank you, V. -- Desktop Solutions for Small Companies http://www.micromango.com Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com I'm not aware of any of them being any good. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "vanleurth" <u13147@uwe> wrote in message news:72f5c6880730b@uwe... > Does anybody know what would the best Microsoft Access to ASP.NET > converter > is? > > Thank you, > > V. > > -- > Desktop Solution...

.pst file is maxed out - HELP
Apparently I have reached the maximum size of my outlook.pst file (see attached error message). I have tried deleting items but nothing I do seems to have any effect and I continue to get the attached error message. Therefore the eMail part of Outlook is disabled. Anyone got any pointers? XP Pro SP-2/Outlook 2003. Already using .pst format for database. Thanks, No image attached. Post a link, rather than an attachment. See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/o...

Undeliverable...554 5.7.1 URL/Phone Number Filter
When sending an email message, a user gets: Alert message says: A mail message was not sent due to a protocol error. 554 5.7.1 URL/Phone Number Filter - cyber.net.pk Sender receives this notification: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Receiver Name Here (E-mail) on 9/26/05 11:47 AM Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=xxxxxx;l=xxxxx-xxxxxxxxx MSEXCH:IMS:xxxxx:xxxxx:xxxxx (xxxxx) 554 5.7.1 URL/Phone Number Filter - cyber.net.pk The Word file mentions a person's email address with cyber.net.pk as ...

App Runs Slower w/2 Users Than w/1?
Got an app that runs slower with multi-users. I can see it being little bit slower, but this one makes me thing I'm doing something dumb. When reconnecting tables, there's a quantum increase in time needed - like at least 20x (haven't put a clock on it). When just performing day-to-day functions like navigating a list and loading details, it's about twice as slow when running multi-user. Separate copy of the front end on each user's PC. Back end on a LAN file server. I figure it's got tb something with hitting the .ldb file, but what? Something about the way I o...

error writing to adodb.dll on 1.2 to 3.0 upgrade
We need some help. We did an upgrade of a 1.2 CRM server yesterday to 3.0. It had an error "Error writing to file:adodb.dll. Verify that you have access to that directory." The install log ends with SQL Server Reporing Services failed. The CRM pages come up, but most links error out. Where do I turn now? Does anyone know what permission it's missing? Then, what do I do with this install? Can I rerun in the upgrade or reinstall again? Thanks for any help. ...

Problem with installing Office information bridge Framework for MS
I have already sucessfully installed Microsoft Office Information Bridge Framework Server 1.0 (server component) and Microsoft Office Information Bridge Framework Client 1.5 (client component)(1.0 is not avaliable any more), and Information Bridge Framework for Microsoft CRM server components. But when I install Information Bridge Framework for Microsoft CRM client components, there is an error message as follows: SamrtTagRegistration.exe Application has been genenrated an exception that could not be handled. Process id=0xa24(2596), Thread id=0x164(356) Error 28000 Did anybody see th...

12.1.1 update fix
I found this fix on a discussion board. I tried it and it worked. If the fix is so simple, I don't understand why the morons at Microsoft don't fix it an reissue the update. Download the 12.1.1 update directly from Microsoft's Mactopia website. 2) Mount the downloaded DMG file and copy the installer to your desktop. 3) Right-click the installer and select "show package contents" 4) Navigate to Office 2008 12.1.1 Update/Contents/Resources/ package_updatable and open the file in TextEdit 5) Scroll to the bottom and find the line "found_valid_version=False" 6) C...

Asp.net please help!
Hi! I wan't to display data about cpu and disk usage on the web page that runs on my server. I'm using performance counter to do that and ajax timer to update data every second. The problem is that value of cpu usage is alway zero. I try to make WinForm App with the same code for getting cpu usage and it works fine. I don't know where is the problem. Information on my asp.net page iz refreshing every second but values are alway zero. Why? Thnx. ...

more than 1 user
I am sharing a pc and we want seperate address books how can we do this as so we can syncronise our seperat palm piolets? Thanks in advanced ;o) In news:A0644E48-E32D-47C9-9152-3E58202DBF69@microsoft.com, ilan2004 <ilan2004@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I am sharing a pc and we want seperate address books how can we do > this as so we can syncronise our seperat palm piolets? > Thanks in advanced ;o) Either two separate Windows login accounts with their own Outlook profiles, or a single Windows login account with two separate Outlook profiles using different PST files,...

Can I install Money on 2 PCs & share same 1 file over network?
Hi, I want to install Money 2004 Premium on two PCs on my home network but have them share the same one "My Money.mny" file. My goal is for both myself and my wife to be able to work the same one Money file. This is not so we can work at the same time but so that when one of us is working, we can do so from our own PC. - Can I legally install the same one copy of Money on two different PCs? - If so, can PC #2 access/use, across my home LAN, the "master" "My Money.mny" file that resides on PC #1? - If so, how do I do this? Is there a KB article that ...

SOAP, PHP, RPC and C# .Net
Hey Folks, I have an app that calls a webservice written in PHP. I have referenced the WSDL and when sending data to the server, methods like following work fine: soapservice MySoap=new soapservice (); MySoap.search("arg1","arg2"); However, when I need to receive data from the server or extract results, I am not sure what to do. None of the methods list any data type returns. Of course, I know what should be returned and we had been using "RPCResult" and XML documents from a SoapReader in VB6. Assuming I am going to retrieve an RPCRe...

pop setup help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I have a ssl certificate installed for my owa. I want to use pop for internal use. what is the format my users would use from outlook? is it as follows? pop.domain name.co smtp.domain name.com I can be whatever, there is no predefined FQDN for POP or SMTP. If you want it to be that, put those records in DNS as a Host A Record that resolves to the IP address of your Exchange server. -- Jonathan No Warrenties Implied, Did you do a FULL backup today?????? "Eddie" wrote: > I have a ssl certificate installed for my owa. I want to use pop for internal > use. what is the f...

Understanding .End(xlUp) (1,1)
Using XL 2003 & 97 Apparently, I just do not get it. I wish to enter "Test" into the first empty cell in Column A. Tried .Value and .FormulaR1C1 to no avail. The code does not bomb but "Test" does not show up anywhere on Worksheet("Sheet2"). Is xlUp(1, 1) kind-of like Offset(1, 1)? Sub Test() With Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)(1, 1).Value = "Test" End With End Sub TIA Dennis Dennis End(xlUp) starts looking at row 65536 and moves up until it finds data. The .Offset(1,1) goes back down one row and over one colu...

Controls Theme in MFC Dialogs (VC7.1 and 8.0)
Hi All, I make one application by VC wizard MDI and Dialog APP, both in VC7.1 and 8. The controls in thease apps don't have WINXP style. Why? How I enbed XP style in buttons, edits etc.. Thanks have a look at the link below..... http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwxp/html/xptheming.asp Hi, Welcome to MSDN Newsgroup! Making controls XP style is even easier. You don't actually have to do anything because the OS is responsible for drawing the button and if you are running the program on XP then XP will draw it in the XP style. However, there is...

.Net support in MS-CRM
Hi, Does Ms-CRM support development/ customization in any of the .Net languages. TIA Yes and no, depending on what you want to do. On the client side, you're dealing with JavaScript, unless you decide to use client-side assemblies (see http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=CLIENTNETLIB for an example). Server-side development uses the .NET 1.1 Framework, so you can pick your favorite .NET language to implement callouts and workflow assemblies. .NET 2.0 is not supported as the CRM server itself is based on ..NET 1.1. If you're writing a standalone application using ...

Question No 1 for Testing Purpose
Question No 1 for Testing Purpose Ignore this "Test" <Test@Test.com> wrote in message news:165D35B4-07E0-4BFC-AB83-05CA2AF68DE1@microsoft.com... > Question No 1 for Testing Purpose > ...

help with backup exec 9.1
> Job Log for TestRun 0025 > > > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- > > > Completed status: Failed Expand AllCollapse All > Job Information > Server name : TOWNSQUARE-OFFIJob name : TestRun 0025Job log : C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Data\BEX00066.xmlDevice name : > > > Test Run Job Information > Credentials CheckDevice : \\TOWNSQUARE-OFFI, D:Check status : SuccessDevice : \\TOWNSQUARE-OFFI, C:Check status : SuccessDevice : \\TOWNSQUARE-OFFI, \\TOWNSQUARE-OFFI\<...

VB.net select column and format
Hi, I am using VB.net 2005 with Excel 2003. I need to select a single column and apply formating to it. Can someone please explain how to do this? Thanks, What sort of formatting do you mean? The basic code would be something like Dim RangeToFormat As Excel.Range Dim WS As Excel.Worksheet RangeToFormat = DirectCast( _ XLApp.Workbooks("Book1.xls"). _ Worksheets.Item("Sheet1"), Excel.Worksheet). _ Range("A1").EntireColumn WS = RangeToFormat.Worksheet RangeToFormat = _ XLApp.Intersect(WS.UsedRange, RangeToFormat) RangeToForma...

Can I create a recurrence formula in Excel e.g. A(N+1)=A(N)+2
So if e.g. A(1)=5, and N goes from 1 to 6, I will get a sequence as follows 5,7,9,11,13,15 Enter the first 2 cells, ie in A1: 5, in A2: 7 Then select A1:A2, copy* down to A6, and Excel will fill the series as required *drag the fill handle at the bottom right corner of A2 -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "daibach" wrote: > So if e.g. A(1)=5, and N goes from 1 to 6, I will get a sequence as follows > > 5,7,9,11,13,15 "daibach" <daibach@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:D232E8D4-28DC-4E35-A2C4-6964...

I have two columns 1 & 0 and want to choose those cell with 1 by .
Dear friends: I have two set of data only 1 & 0. and want to use countif function to choose those cells with only 1. my data is here: 1 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 I want to count the cells containing only 1 1 please helpme. thanks. Try this: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A6=1)*(B1:B6=1)) -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Dr. saeed mohtasham nia" <Dr. sae...

merging data from 1 excel file, into a master excel file
I have 2 spreadsheets - a master spreadsheet and sheet #2. Sheet #2 contains all of the information from the master (with the same exact columns), plus new rows that are inserted throughout. The first column of data uniquely identifies each row. Most of the rows are identical in both, with some tweaks to the master. Therefore, I do not want any cells in the pre-existing rows to be overwritten in the master. I'd like to merge in just the new rows from sheet #2 into the master, and leave everything that is already in the master (and has been tweaked), as is. How do I do that? ...

OutLook Crashes after Applying Update Rollup 1
Outlook is crashing every 10 minutes or so for one of my users. Please help. If the patch is the problem, then please let me know how to remove it. It does not show up in Add Remove programs. And also how can we know if the patch is applied or not. The CRM Help about version remains the same after applying patch. "elmo" wrote: > Outlook is crashing every 10 minutes or so for one of my users. Please help. I dont know whether the patch is the reason for the crashes. But: The version number of the client, that is shown in CRM Help, isn't exactly the right one. In fact, ...